[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: GoldEagle.png (12KB, 120x119px) Image search: [Google]
GoldEagle.png
12KB, 120x119px
I have an interesting story for you guys. Wanted to know if any of you heard of something like this.

>Not getting too personal, quick explanation:
I got discharged from the military a couple of years ago due to disagreements. I didn't like how things were being handled. So fast track I get a call from a buddy of mine who says he is going over seas to do some work and wanted to know if I wanted a job. I obviously said yes because the money was ridiculous great, and I was tired of concrete work. We headed over to Turkey, and made our way into Syria.

Cut to a few months later I'm back in Turkey and I met a few old guys who I knew prior to heading into Syria. They kept talking about rituals and cults and so on. They had broken English so I couldn't figure out the whole story. When I got back they invited me to join them. They promised me a ritual high "opium" which I've dabbled into drugs before but never opium and I was curious.
GT
>Go into the middle of nowhere
>Enter this cave with a large room
>Get high as fuck
>A woman helps us through the cave
>Sweating and throwing up as we move
>There are candles and torches lighting the way
>we move down stairs that are carved into the rock
>A large opening
>It's a big circle and we are on a balcony and make our way down into the center
>In the center it's mud
>There are people doing a weird humming ritual looking at a giant gold eagle that is lit from behind by a big flame
>I sit down in the mud and begin to trip heavily
>Vibrations begin to fill my body and I before I know it i'm humming the same tune
>I begin to trip even harder and completely black out
>I remember tripping and seeing crazy things but I can't remember. I remember but I don't...

I'm not sure how long I was there but It was the oddest experience. Does anyone know what ritual or cult this is? I'm debating on flying back and experiencing this again, but i want to know more.
>>
File: turkey.jpg (195KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
turkey.jpg
195KB, 600x900px
>>18467358
Was the eagle doble headed?
>>
>>18467371

It may have been. I was quite high. My memory is foggy. It does sound familiar. I do remember one of the older guys had a ring that had two eagle heads. I remember that because i've never seen it before. I can't remember too much detail in the cave, just basic things.
>>
File: eagles.jpg (120KB, 470x940px) Image search: [Google]
eagles.jpg
120KB, 470x940px
>>18467394
The duble headed eagle is byzantine. It may have a link with the Orthodox Church since the flag of the Ecumenical Patriarchate is the same eagle but black and on a yellow background. The two heads symbolize an interest in both east and west.
The bottom eagle is Saladin's eagle and is mostly associated with Pan-Arabism.
>>
>>18467358
>There are people doing a weird humming ritual looking at a giant gold eagle that is lit from behind by a big flame

Based on the geography and spelunking, your story sounds like there was a retrofitted Mithraic temple.

>>18467447
>The bottom eagle is Saladin's eagle and is mostly associated with Pan-Arabism.

That is correct, but not the likeliest sociological explanation. Pan-Arabism is a mostly modern-era political movement that does not accompany humming rituals in caves.

You should know that Saladin had a caliphate, referred to as the Ayyubids. I speculate that those people had previously renovated the temple where OP blacked out.
>>
>>18467521
Mithraic?
Could you go in a bit deeper please?
>>
>>18467601
Mithraic- adjective: relating to Mithras or Mithraism.

>Could you go in a bit deeper please?

I do not think that OP should conduct further spelunking expeditions on opium in a war zone.
>>
>>18467638
Be quiet about mithras too, he's a secret friend cult.
>>
>>18467638
Thank you. I'll look more into it.

Turkey isn't that bad. Lots of smuggling and msm shit.
>>
>>18469313
Anon, I think 4chan already is a 'secret friendship society'.

>>18470459

Turkey is a lovely place to visit; I liken the ambience to Italy or Spain, although with a Middle Eastern flair. There, you can find
entirely delectable food, awesomely smart people, and extremely cool ruins. Stick to the Northern and Western parts of the country for the most enjoyable trip possible.

You might want to visit a curated historical site, and consult an expert over coffee, if you are determined to learn more.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.