[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about the possibility?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 2b7.jpg (72KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
2b7.jpg
72KB, 540x540px
So is generally assumed that there must be intelligent life in space due to the incomputable size of it.

Following that logic some of those life forms must be more adavanced than us. So is highly probable that they know how the universe was created, that fact would negate the typical religious comback: "if aliens created you, then who created aliens?"

We're assuming those hypothetical but highly probable aliens already have the answer.

So would be logical to lift the weight of that question out of our shoulders, assume the aliens already know it (assume also it's not the christian god) and then reach the conclusion that those aliens created us as a multypurpose experiment or whatever?

I tried to use logic to solve this cliche existential problem, and that's the only thing i came up with.
>>
why wouldn't we be able to detect radio waves or somehting of that nature from them? If they are advanced enough to be space fairing it would figure their radio waves would have reached us by now considering radio waves travel at the speed of light. Outer space is quiet. Disturbingly so in my opinion. As much as I would like to believe, evidence points to "aliens" being something more along the lines of extra dimensional or spiritual beings more than whatever matter we are composed in.
>>
>>18463371
Well they might not have gotten close to us yet. Assuming creation in the first place is a faulty premise anyway. What indicators do we have that anything create us? In spite of all of the things that make us remarkable, we also have a bunch of flaws and now useless parts. That to me indicates that we were not created, but simply evolved to our current state.
Now if we just happen to have evolved on one of the planets that support life, we have no way of knowing if a vastly technologically superior alien race is actually any where neat us.
They might be too far away for us to intercept their signals, at least for now.
>>
>>18463405
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe6DN1OoxjE
this is worth a watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSP-l9qg-2A
so is this, or read this
https://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib51

Of course I don't know for sure, no one does. But the evidence I have found points to some genetic manipulation from outside sources.
>>
http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/revelation-asv.html
>>
I mean it would follow they would discover radio before they discover how tot ravel at the speed of light so their radio waves would reach us before "they" actually do if they follow the same rules of this material universe as we do.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHaPKGTu2hw

(....lol, sorry, I am not actually OP in this thread)
>>
>>18463371

>considering radio waves travel at the speed of light

Not really.

>Outer space is quiet

No even remotely. Go back to high school and don't drop out this time.
>>
>>18463425
These videos seem creationism based and that's a whole new basket of assumptions.
Do you have any stuff where they looked at the evidence first and made conclusions afterwards?
>>
>>18463464
in a vacuum radiowaves travel at the speed of light.

>>18463468
nothing off the top of my head. Just food for thought.
>>
>>18463371
Isn't there something called the WOW signal. It was like a radio signal or transmission that came from beyond our solar system
>>
>>18463474
yes, I don't know a ton about it admittedly. That's about the only compelling evidence of "extraterrestrial intelligent life" we have. Very anomalous though, considering if you had a proper receiver you could here the marconi transmissions throughout our galaxy.
>>
Likely if there exist any other life in the universe they are wondering the same questions as us, albeit that they are much farther ahead technologically. I'm sure they also wonder why they exist and for what purpose.
>>
>>18463444
nice trips

a highly developed civilization wouldn't be bound to the rules of the universe, their technology would allow them to skip natural laws like the ever present speed limit (speed of light)..and I personally think that a quite high number of these civilizations do exist right now..I just want to ask them what they know about the universe, I think it would be mind blowing for us to deal with those facts
>>
>>18463371
I read somewhere that the reason could actually be due to encryption.
Apparently encrypted radio signals would be indistinguishable from white noise.
I also read that even our radio broadcasts powerful enough are all pretty much encrypted these days, and only our earliest broadcasts were not.

So planets that have already been passed over by our earliest signals might search the skies and find no evidence of us either.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.