[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /x/ think of Taosim? It's an ancient Chinese religious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 53ccfba13e4c2_laozi.jpg (26KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
53ccfba13e4c2_laozi.jpg
26KB, 240x240px
What does /x/ think of Taosim? It's an ancient Chinese religious practice. It is a dominant religion in present day China, known as the folk religion. The central text of Daoism is Tao Te Ching, by Laozi.
>>
>>18463303
sure man, is cool as fuck
>>
>>18463303
Cool stories, good lore to ground your actions in, just don't be a fag about it.
>>
>>18463303
Not even really a religious practice desu.
Read the actual texts.

It's more or less a self improvement philosophy for being a better leader.

Pretty based ideas though, for the most part.
>>
The tao that can be named is not the eternal tao. Based.
>>
>>18463365
Religion is a term encompassing much more than just worship of Gods.
>>
File: IMG_0394.jpg (22KB, 342x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0394.jpg
22KB, 342x344px
Based and chill as fuck. It's making you try to realize non-duality and how that sort of implies that if you learn to go with the flow your life will be way easier, among other things.
I've been using it as the core of my world view for a while now, seems to work well so far. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.
>>
>>18463490
Looks interesting enough for me, and will look in it. Hit me up with some of them "your life gonna be easier after this" quotes / philosophies from Taoism. Looks interesting enough for me, and will look in it.Thanks.
>>
>>18463490
A complete ignoramus of Taoism here. Is Taoism actually a search for the Tao? What is the end goal of Taoism, is it like enlightenment?
>>
File: wtf.png (73KB, 247x191px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
73KB, 247x191px
>>18463303
It's the basic type of social control philosophy an elite class uses to pacify the masses so they won't have to compete with them, full of directives to stop thinking for yourself, making waves, just be content with what you have, and so on and so forth. If you get enough people to believe in it, you don't have to worry about freedom fighters making trouble or agitating for justice in government or anything like that.
>>
>>18463303
I've read the Tao Te Ching many times. Truly holds wisdom.
>>
>>18463365
Taoism is so much more than religion. It will not recognize gods as it would limit the eternal Tao.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.