[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one meditate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1077.jpg (36KB, 570x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1077.jpg
36KB, 570x300px
How does one meditate?
>>
>>18461247
Sit down in a comfortable position, with both legs crossing one another.
For those just beginning, I would recommend a soft blanket or a small pillow that you sit upon.
Wear comfortable clothes so you can fully relax and be still.
Place both of your hands on top of one another over your lap.
I would recommend doing this outside in nature, like a backyard, with the sunlight over head. If it is too cold outside, then sitting anywhere in a dark isolated room is just as fine.
Close your eyes and slowly begin breathing in and out, inhaling through the nose gently and holding the breath for a few moments before exhaling out the mouth.
Continue focusing breathing in and out, focusing on the stillness of the mind and locating yourself within the body.
You will most likely have thoughts racing through your brain as a beginner. Do not push away the thoughts, but do not focus on them. Observe the thoughts as though you were detached from them, letting them pass like cloud in the sky.
Just sit in the silence and the stillness, breathing in and out, feeling yourself connected to your surroundings.
Continue to do so for 5 to 10 minutes, just to get immersed in being here in the present moment.
As you dive deeper into mediation, you will begin to see deeper and deeper parts of your own consciousness and the world that surrounds you.
Hope this was informative.
>>
Close your eyes and think.

Some people pretend that it helps to sit like an Asian, but it doesn't matter.
>>
>>18461303
Yes thank you.

I've never really tried it before and was interested in starting. Would it improve mental focus and problems over time?
>>
>>18461384
Yes, scientific studies have shown them to increase mental abilities. There is a reason why those in silicon valley actively encourage their employees to meditate. But do not do it for the "benefits," in my humble opinion. It is so much more than you could imagine at this time.
What I can say is that it will help to increase your mental stability. You will be able to react more quickly, because you begin to learn to become more and more present. You will focus on what you actually need to do, because you will train yourself through meditation to be still and see the big picture.
You'll learn to enjoy it over time, but I highly recommend doing it outside. I never meditated much before this year, now it is one of my favorite activities.
I would challenge you to try and do it for at least a little bit each day. Over time, the positive effects will become more apparent, as you begin to think clearly, perhaps for the first time in your life.
>>
File: 1480318489458.jpg (394KB, 500x637px) Image search: [Google]
1480318489458.jpg
394KB, 500x637px
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=The+three+pillars+of+zen+pdf

Read this pdf, specifically the Lectures portion of the book.

There's also pic related
>>
Would this be a good starting point to start learning meditation?
>https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/8684803/Headspace_-_365_Days_of_Guided_Meditation
>>
>>18461349
It isn't about thinking, the entire point is to stop thinking by focusing on your breathing for extended periods of time. Allowing you to slip into a stage of heightened perception, that is. If you're thinking while you meditate, you're doing it the nigger way.

Also check out the Wim Hof Method everybody, it's amazing!
>>
rub some mayonnaise on your pee pee and spin around in a circle while masturbating
>>
File: LOL.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>18461247
i am asian and do the meditate since i was kid
believe me you guys will never like it
all you want is to be like joker in batman series
make people feel bad by your memes
and hate society
that is your true happiness
stop lie yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsCIre-oSHQ
>>
File: 1478919770893.jpg (291KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1478919770893.jpg
291KB, 560x560px
>>18461247

One of my idols Sam Harris actually meditates despite pwning religious zealots for a living.

Check it one of his guided meditations. Become one without having to follow any silly rules.
>>
>>18461597
what a load of bollocks
>>
>>18462679
>One of my idols Sam Harris actually meditates despite pwning religious zealots for a living.

That screams edgy angsty faggot right there
>>
>>18462661
>all you want is to be like joker in batman series
>make people feel bad by your memes
and hate society
>that is your true happiness
That what typical chingchong secretly wants living in his cancerous society. Stop projecting so much.
>>
all you have to do is being present, like, you dont have to close your eyes if you don't want to, just breathe consciously, and, stare to some point, or close your eyes, think, feel, be in the present, don't judge or over analyze nothing, let it be
>>
>>18461303
meanwhile a cumming dick is approaching your nose and mouth.
mmm taste delicious...
>>
>>18462690
The picture, yeah.

That pdf, no. If you think THAT is bollocks then you are a load of bollocks.o
>>
First choose a mantra, which is just a word or phrase you'll repeat over and over.

For example,
>Om Mani Padme Hum
>I am one with the force, the force is with me
>Banana

Set an alarm for 5 or 10 minutes or whatever.

Sit comfortable and repeat the mantra over and over until the alarm goes off.

If you get distracted, and start thinking thoughts that aren't about the mantra, stop what you're doing and continue repeating the mantra. I don't care if you're about to figure out a cure for cancer, go back to the mantra.

Getting distracted doesn't mean you failed. The important part is that as soon as you realize you're distracted, you go back to the mantra as quickly as possible.

Don't stop until the timer goes off, and don't look at how much time is left no matter what happens. You can't stop until you hear the alarm, you have no control, you can make no decisions, just keep going with the mantra.

That's the easiest way to meditate quickly. As you practice you'll figure out how to do it without those crutches.
>>
>>18461247
Staring at a fire or river for a few days helps
>>
>>18462646
>Also check out the Wim Hof Method
More like pneumonia method.
>>
>>18461247
Yogis suggest you focus on your philtre when you first begin meditating
>>
>>18464849
Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>18461247
Be careful with this practice.
It can lead to a great many things disrupted physiologically.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.