[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FYI :^)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: MCI-3163_3_.png (557KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
MCI-3163_3_.png
557KB, 850x850px
And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.
>>
An advertisement as your image? Really OP? Really?
>>
>>18460847
Yeah but what does this bullshit mean? I used to read this all the time as a kid. Makes no fucking sense.
>>
File: 1482485043384.jpg (107KB, 640x936px) Image search: [Google]
1482485043384.jpg
107KB, 640x936px
>>18461815
It's talking about the fallen angels. They come to wreak havoc on earth just before the Antichrist appears.
It's all symbology:
>Smoke = lies, deception; light/truth hidden.
As opposed to darkness which symbolizes ignorance, smoke means hiding something. Like we say, "smoke and mirrors" to mean illusion
>Not hurt grass, trees
They are called locusts because they destroy, but it's spelled out because they only destroy men.
>Seal of God
Like the mark of the beast, both symbolize knowledge.
>Torment of a scorpion
They inject poison (lies) and feast on the result.
>Seek death, not find it
Because the end days were prophesied to be like Noah's time, people lived 900 years.

Their appearance:
>Horses = strength
>Hair = glory
Teeth = to tear you and devour you with
>Breastplate = the priests wore breastplates, but these were made of solid iron. They were prepared for war.

Their king is Destruction.
>>
>>18462043
Don't know why that /b/ tier image loaded onto my reply.
>>
>>18460847
FYI, this is the first written work in history where Abaddon/Apollyon is used as a name, and not just the word for "destruction". There was absolutely no prior mythological or written basis of a being/character of that name before. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>18462043
Oh look, interpretation #505,001.

People range from saying it all is completely literal, to a combination of literal/symbolic, to full on symbolic. Symbols can mean different things depending on the individual, as well as the current culture. No one ever agrees on what that bad acid trip of a book means, and it seems no one wants to consider that it might have just been written by a schizophrenic person.
>>
>>18462073
That's the interpretation based on the cultural aspects, (((opinion 505,001. )))

It's a fascinating book.
>>
File: Alex.jpg (89KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
Alex.jpg
89KB, 500x311px
>>18460847
I read all about the scourging and the crowning with thorns and I could viddy myself helping in and even taking charge of the tolchocking and the nailing in, being dressed in the height of Roman fashion. I didn't so much like the latter part of the book, which is more like all preachy talking than fighting and the old in-out. I liked the parts where these old yahoodies tolchock each other and then drink their Hebrew vino, and getting onto the bed with their wives' handmaidens. That kept me going.
>>
>>18462235
Real Horrorshow, droogie.
>>
>>18460847

Cool rant, nearly as good as "The Watchtower" when they were all about the EU being the Empire of the Beast etc...
Anyways, did you know "Chernobyl" is allegedly Russian for Wormwood?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.