[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Odinism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: odin.png (762KB, 644x850px) Image search: [Google]
odin.png
762KB, 644x850px
thoughts on this and what you can tell me, want to start my own path.
>>
Bump because of religious crisis rn
>>
Bump for Asatru
>>
Bump cuz ragnar is hawt
>>
Druidicbro here.

You don't have to commit to a religion to start your own path. Odinism as a religion is to Norse Paganism as Wicca is to Celtic Paganism. I.e. shallow and filled with stuff that is arbitrarily put in that has zero to do with Odin or Heathenism.

In Wicca for example, they cram in the 3 fold law. The 3FL is total bullshit and was not in the original faiths of Germanic, Celtic, or Norse Pagans. Odinism has a ton of supremecy stuff that was not in the original religion. Why? Skinheads tried to re-popularize it.

If you like Odin, if you like Heathenism, great. Make your own path. But that is the secret. Make your *own* path.

When it comes to Norse religion all I can say, that is traditionally used by pretty much everyone is The Blot. All The Blot is, is making a promise to serve the Norse Gods. Ysually a sacrifice is made. No. Don't start looking for goats to kill just yet. A sacrifice of food, drink, instruments, etc can be made.

You open with a prayer to Odin or Tyr, stating whatever it is you hope to gain and a promise to uphold Norse ways. Be warned, Odin and the Norse gods don't grant wishes. You have to put in work to get anything. So pray, make it your own, then "take the blot" or give your gifts. You can even "share" something with them.
>>
>>18461020

Does blood offerings have a greater effect?
>>
>>18461028
Do you want them too?

That is what it comes down to.
>>
>>18461028
What the hell do you think the norse gods want with blood? Unless you're praying to Loki or Hel, just cook a nice bit of meat or pour them a mug of ale, they'd probably appreciate a nice piece of grub.
>>
>>18461028
Blood offerings for what purpose.

The Allfather doesn't really have a need for it brohiem. Nordic gods don't really work the way you seem to think they do. Honor your ancestors, honor your enemies, and most importantly : honor yourself.

In the end, if you're worthy, you'll serve at the side of the gods when ragnarok comes, and become an eternal warrior against the forces of darkness. And lets be honest, thats about as good as any of us can hope to achieve.
>>
>>18462880

What if I want to join the forces of darkness?
>>
>>18462882
Then be a fucking faggot. Spit on the weak and dance on your enemies graves. Live a needlessly hedonistic life and curse the gods.

You wont win, in the end. You'll be devoured by Hel along with your shitty friends and deceiver gods.
>>
>>18460737

Ancient Germanic peoples did not sacrifice in this way.

Have some old shoes? Throw them into the woods to help fortify Vithar's boot his fight against Fenrir.

As far as animal sacrifices go, the Northerners were never a wasteful society. They would pick an animal, adorn it with wreaths and feed it well, then they would strangle it, as this was seen as the most humane way to kill the animal and send it intact to the gods.

They would then sit in a solemn feast and consume the animal, thus nourishing the gods through their own nourishment.

This is why humans were sacrificed by hanging, as Odin is the god of the gallows, and many other things.

Odinism is horseshit, btw. Every region had its own customs and Odinism, American Asatru, and many other emerging cults are 25% historical knowledge and 75% horseshit.

Study the Eddas, the rune-poems, and all other historical remnants of pre-Christian Northern Europe.

Also, the gods do not like to be bothered with sacrifice all the time, as is said in the Havamal, a gift demands a gift. It is better to under-spend than to over-send.

This is a culture that arose out of constant war and famine. Their sacrifices were not vague wishes and you do not shame yourself by mindlessly tithing and performing little songs and dances for the gods.
>>
>>18462896

Isn't the Ragnarok like the ending of everything? Like everyone, good or bad, gets mortally wounded or poisoned and then it all starts again? Seems like everyone loses and everything stays the same forever. I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>18462916

Its the end of a cycle.

A few of the gods survive, such as Vithar. Two humans survive by hiding in the branches of Yggdrasil. It is unclear but speculated that Freya survives. It is also believed that after the great annihilation, Balder will be reborn.

There were gods and giants before the time of Odin and his dynasty. Like the seasons, it is an endless cycle of death and rebirth.
>>
we have none of the real rituals and rites of these faiths left. the modern forms are autistic roleplaying with no authenticity
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.