[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>According to scientists, space is a deadly vacuum that would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: 1477097073259.jpg (7KB, 261x220px) Image search: [Google]
1477097073259.jpg
7KB, 261x220px
>According to scientists, space is a deadly vacuum that would kill us instantly
>According to scientists, we are currently standing on a """"""round""""" object traveling through space
>Space isn't killing everything on Earth
>If you bring this up, you get called retarded

Top kek. You're all a bunch of sheeple
>>
>>18460550
What is "atmosphere", Alex.
>>
>>18460555

So a bunch of air is safe from space? Why doesn't it get sucked away?
>>
>>18460550
>>18460568
What the fuck? Are you a first grade drop out or are you trolling? Either way, you suck.
>>
>>18460568
Why don't you exit the atmosphere and see what happens.
>>
>>18460581
>>18460583

Typical /x/ user. Insults instead of actually debating
>>
File: cmn.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cmn.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>18460550
>what is gravity and atmosphere
>>
>>18460568
Gravity keeps air held to earth. It's why air has pressure.
>>
>>18460595

How convenient that gravity and the atmosphere are invisible
>>
>>18460590
There is no debating with a person who is ignorant of elementary physics concepts.
>>
File: bill clinton my wife.jpg (85KB, 1200x673px) Image search: [Google]
bill clinton my wife.jpg
85KB, 1200x673px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere

An atmosphere (from Greek ἀτμός (atmos), meaning "vapour", and σφαῖρα (sphaira), meaning "sphere"[1][2]) is a layer of gases surrounding a planet or other material body, that is held in place by the gravity of that body. An atmosphere is more likely to be retained if the gravity it is subject to is high and the temperature of the atmosphere is low.

The atmosphere of Earth is mostly composed of nitrogen (about 78%), oxygen (about 21%), argon (about 0.9%) with carbon dioxide and other gases in trace amounts. Oxygen is used by most organisms for respiration, nitrogen is fixed by bacteria and lightning to produce ammonia used in the construction of nucleotides and amino acids and carbon dioxide is used by plants, algae and cyanobacteria for photosynthesis. The atmosphere helps protect living organisms from genetic damage by solar ultraviolet radiation, solar wind and cosmic rays. Its current composition is the product of billions of years of biochemical modification of the paleoatmosphere by living organisms.
>>
File: jokeson.jpg (26KB, 349x642px) Image search: [Google]
jokeson.jpg
26KB, 349x642px
>>18460610

kek, like you never seen anything fall to the ground, nor have you ever seen smoke or steam.

We all know you are trolling, but you are still retarded.
>>
>>18460610
The atmosphere is not invisible; it's blue.
>>
File: 1472083515055.jpg (8KB, 321x306px) Image search: [Google]
1472083515055.jpg
8KB, 321x306px
>>18460550
>>According to scientists, space is a deadly vacuum that would kill us instantly

Wrong. Though it would kill you quickly, it would not be instant
>>According to scientists, we are currently standing on a """"""round""""" object traveling through space

This is fact. There is a good reason why we need to account for earth curvature in structures like bridges and why objects disappear on the horizon from the bottom up.
>>Space isn't killing everything on Earth

Thank your pressurized atmosphere and magnetic field for that.
>>If you bring this up, you get called retarded

Because you refuse to educate yourself
>>
File: 1481176677884.png (208KB, 405x438px) Image search: [Google]
1481176677884.png
208KB, 405x438px
>>18460568
Gravity you stupid fuck.
>>
(They took the bait)
They took the obvious bait!
(The monster bait)
It was just our fate
>>
File: 1474871554834.png (108KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
1474871554834.png
108KB, 357x368px
>tfw you will never know what it is like to be this stupid
>>
>>18460550
You're retarded
>>
>>18460605
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

If the earth is round and gravity pushes us down, what happens when someone walks to the underside of earth? He will fall off and go into space!!!! Don't believe the lies!
>>
Yes my dude it's called gravity and atmosphere.
>>
Trump is right, nobody is really sure why aren't killed by the vacuum of space. The atmosphere is just a theory... no proof.
>>
>>18460550
anyone one who trips or has feel guy pictures on their pc should kill themselves.
>>
>>18460794
Gravity pushes us to the center of the Earth because that's made of some sort of magnet. Nice trolling but try making people write whole paragraphs next time, it's funnier. :^>
>>
>>18460821
Riiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

So why aren't we all stuck together in the middle if it's pulling us all to the center!
>>
>>18460829
bc there be the ground
>>
>>18460833
Then how come the ground isn't being sucked into space?! If space was real there would be dirt and rocks flying around everywhere.
>>
>>18460849
bc they are held together
>>
>>18460849
There is though....
Space dust is a thing. It's pretty scarce, but it's a thing.
Most of it has already formed larger objects like asteroids or planets though, because the little pieces of space dust have already made formations like asteroids and planets because they're attracted to each other by gravity.
>>
>>18460868
Accidentally redundant. Whoops. That's what I get for posting and driving.
>>
hey guys, op here. I'm an enormous faggot.
>>
>>18460550
Obvious troll

Sage goes in all
>>
welcome to the trump era where basic science is incomprehensible
>>
Nobody but you is claiming exposure to a vacuum will kill you instantly. You can remain conscious for about 15 seconds and then you'll die in about a minute or two.

Yeah Earth can loosely be described as """""""round""""""", It's an oblate spheroid, like a sphere that's a bit squashed to it's slightly oval from the side.

Earth can hold on to an atmosphere because it's mass attracts gases via gravity.

You are retarded, but keep bringing it up if you want, I'm not worried about your shitty arguments because they're all so feeble.
>>
>>18460590
Not that anon, but thats because there is no debate. The shit you are trying to "debate" is literally elementary level science. Holy fuck /x/ is worse and worse every time I come here, absolute cringe in every thread
>>
>>18460849
The ground isn't being sucked into space because the mass of all the other shit on earth is holding it together.

And there are plenty of dirt and rocks flying around in space, see: asteroids, comets, micrometeorites and fucking planets, like earth.
>>
>>18461129
You're completely wrong. The side of science has plenty of debate ammunition. If anything there shouldn't be a debate because there are no arguments for flat earth, but if people are willing to pull ideas like flat earth out of their ass, there will always be scientific reasons why their ideas are glue-huffing-retarded.
>>
>>18461134
>You're completely wrong

Im having a difficult time seeing where exactly you disagreed with me. Yes, there is plenty of room to debate in science as things are constantly being discovered, but are you really claiming there is any legitimate "debate" to be had regarding what OP is spewing?

If so, you might as well be a flat-earth faggot like OP (despite the trolling being obvious at this point). If not, then.. Well, we dont actually disagree on this. Now go argue for argument's sake with someone else
>>
>>18460615
Bullshit, family. You're deluded. The earth is flat and the sun and moon are in the enclosure with us and float above us and the stars are in the firmament.
>>
File: Bait.jpg (8KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
8KB, 299x300px
>>
File: 1482770598732.jpg (429KB, 1589x646px) Image search: [Google]
1482770598732.jpg
429KB, 1589x646px
>>18461224
>his feel when he's two smert 4 round earf
>>
>>18460550
what is atmosphere
>>
>>18460550
>space is a deadly vacuum that would kill us instantly
>instantly
Wrong
>According to scientists, we are currently standing on a """"""round""""" object traveling through space
Wrong, it's spherical
>>Space isn't killing everything on Earth
Because we have "atmosphere" and "gravity" to hold the atmosphere. And since space is literally nothing, the atmosphere wont magically collide with space.
>>
OP here, and I'm a helmet wearing, short bus riding, window licking, nigger dick loving faggot. Please rape my face because I'm too fucking autistic to grasp simple concepts like gravity. If I were to do something for the betterment of the human race, it would be suck starting a shotgun and blowing my tiny peanut sized brain out of the back of my skull. Unfortunately, the concept of "levers" are also beyond my comprehension, so I can't even comprehend how to pull the trigger. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a break from being such a fucktard on the internet, and go suck my daddy's cum out of my uncle's asshole, because it tastes SO good, and daddy rewards me with letting me watch while he fucks my mom/sister/aunt.

OP out.
>>
>>18461346
OP

It might help if you understood what space was, and how and why it kills a living thing that enters its cold embrace.

It might also help if you go read a book. The bible calls the earth round many times in metaphor, this same metaphorical speech explains the firmament as the point where physical meets nonphysical (atmosphere meets vacuum of space) and that the sun is an aspect of god and the moon an aspect of the divine mystery of the origins of god.

Learn to fucking read the bible.
>>
>>18461615
Not the guy you replied to, but...

>Learn to fucking read the bible.
Oh, you mean that book that says the earth is less than 10,000 years old? The book that plagiarized the flood story from a Sumerian legend that was written more than 1,000 years before Genesis, and twisted it around to fit the "new" narrative? The book that says we are all sinners because a talking snake convinced a some cunt to eat a fruit? The same book that advocated slavery, genocide, and rape? The same book that says "god" needs animal and human sacrifices to forgive us? The same book that contradicts itself on countless points, yet is somehow "infallible"? GTFO

The bible is confirmed to be incorrect in a number of ways. The simplest one would be Genesis 6:3, which says that the lifespan limit is 120 years. Yet we have Jeanne Louise Calment from France, who live from 21 February 1875 – 4 August 1997, passing away at 122 years.
>>
>>18460929
>doesn't sage
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.