[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spontaneous Human Combustion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: shc.jpg (15KB, 400x271px) Image search: [Google]
shc.jpg
15KB, 400x271px
Fact or fiction?
>>
>>18460239
I've never researched it much but I wouldn't be shocked if it's happened. Show me some evidance

https://youtu.be/a2FLrTIdry4
>>
>>18460239
Fact I believe, they determined that the people who "spontaneously combusted" had a high fat count in them and were usually wearing something flamable. They did a report on it a while back
>>
>>18460251
>they
who? fat and flammable material dont just ignite? what gives? where is this report?
>>
>>18460251
There's lots of fat people out there.

I'd think this would happen more often if the only factors were fat and flammable clothes.
>>
>>18460239
Fact. All the people that supposedly died that way were fat and wore flamable clothes at the moment, and I believe it was also proven most of them drank on an habitual basis too, so they probably had a high level of alcohol in their blood too.

I also can recall having read about a lady that went to wait for the bus after washing her hair and it bursted into flames spontaneously. Seems some chemical on her shampoo reacted badly with another chemical on her hair dye and the heat of a really sunny summer day and that caused the fire.
She survived but lost all her hair, sued the shampoo company and got a decent amount of money from it.
>>
>>18462509
Yeah, usually it was elderly people who fell asleep near a fire. Clothing becomes charred and acts as a wick for melting fat, effectively burning away most of the body.
>>
>>18462509
Can you prove it?
>>
>>18460239
It happened several times in history, that much is proven. The details on how and why are still unknown.
>>
>>18460239
George N. will have a guest who will talk about it on tonight's show, http://boards.4chan.org/x/thread/18450963#top see this post: 18464205
>>
>>18460239
>>18464227
try this link
>>18464205
>>
File: 492.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
492.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>18460239
I thoroughly enjoy spontaneous human combustion.
>>
File: hatONbed.png (168KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
hatONbed.png
168KB, 450x600px
>>
File: 1263680529739.jpg (102KB, 400x576px) Image search: [Google]
1263680529739.jpg
102KB, 400x576px
>>
File: 10lll820.jpg (207KB, 1012x1315px) Image search: [Google]
10lll820.jpg
207KB, 1012x1315px
>>
>>18460239
holy shit, is she ok?
>>
>>18464916
she is fine,not a scratch
>>
>>18464928
whew. for a second there it looked like half her body was missing.
>>
>>18464944
photoshop
>>
The majority of victims are overweight, elderly women with osteoporosis who also smoke. The fat in your body acts like candlewax and when they bones are degenerated it's easy for them to burn away to nothing.
>>
>>18460271
I remember seeing it on an old show aired on Friday nights in the US called Unsolved Mysteries.
>>
>>18460239
Since it has never happened in recent history I am assuming it's one of those tricks that were played on people when there was no serious crime investigation forensics, or cameras, or anything. I'm pretty sure it was either a hoax or a bizarre accident that was made to look like something out of the ordinary.
>>
>>18460239
Fiction.

The key is "spontaneous." Human chemistry just isn't capable of it. Human combustion, sure. But not spontaneous.
>>
>>18460239
It's real as is raining fish and frogs and so on.
>>
>>18465473
Spontaneous isn't like without a causal chain of events, it's more about without external factors influencing the occurence.
>>
>>18460271

In 1999, a paper was published by the Forensic Science Society in their journal,Science & Justice, with the imposing title of “Combustion of animal fat and its implications for the consumption of human bodies in fires.” The authors, John DeHaan, S.J. Campbell, and Said Nurbakhsh.

http://anomalyinfo.com/Topics/spontaneous-human-combustion-brief-history#pig

The BBC re-did the experiments in 1999, I remember watching it. Amazing and pretty much shatters the notion that a human body can't burn like that. Even fire investigators were stunned.

-----

I do recall reading about a modern incident where a woman was receiving abdominal surgery when a blue flame suddenly appeared over the opening and in front of the surgeon 7 or 8 others assisting. It burned for about 30 seconds before self-extinguishing. Patient was fine. Who the hell knows how it starts. :^o
>>
>>18465685
We can for sure produce a lot of highly flammable substances. Also we're made up of a bunch of bacteria too. Consider that hay bale walls will spontaneously combust from bacterial action if they're too wet too.
>>
The thread I was waiting for.

Can anyone here help me with this?

I'm looking for a scan of this newspaper article.
>>
>>18465473
Old geology did not provide a mechanism for continental drift, hence, Alfred Wegener was a crackpot until he was proven true.

In many cases clothes are not affected. We are not talking about chemistry here.
>>
>>18460239

Stems from having poor qigong control or latent, involuntary pyrokinetic abilities
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.