[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Göbekli Tepe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

File: gobekli2016.jpg (58KB, 610x369px) Image search: [Google]
gobekli2016.jpg
58KB, 610x369px
What does /x/ think/believe/feel about Göbekli Tepe? Reading up on it and seeing it around, it's quite ineresting
>Constructed ~7000 years PRIOR to the great pyramids
>Multitude of symbolism at the site.
>Sculpture of a dinosaur? What?
>Believed to be a place with poetals to other places
>Might be a potential place for Garden of Eden

Discuss please.
>>
>>18460218
*interesting
*portals
New phone keyboard, I appologize.
>>
>>18460218
There're a ton of archeological anomalies. Read some Michael Cremo. Read about the copper/Minoan objects found in Poverty Point and Michigan. Check out Graham Hancock. There are so many anomalies.
>>
Hancock has me sold on his theory of an ancient civilization that probably got BTFO by floods from asteroid impact
>>
>>18460218
*BURIED* ~7000 years prior to the mainstream theory of the great pyramids' origin
>>
>>18460424
The Antikythera Mechanism and the Voynich Manuscript. Objects out of time.
>>
>>18460424
Much thanks. I feel eerily drawn to this subject and any info is greatly appreciated.
>>
>>18460551
The Great Pyramid is genuinely worth researching, it has tons of features that are incredibly difficult to explain, unfortunately it's very difficult to research this without having to wade through mountains of new age shills saying they've channeled the Annunaki to sell their books. Try researching some actual archaeological & Egyptological research about its construction. Those people shy away from making any sensational conclusions, but if you read about the plain facts, you get the sense there's definitely more to it. Definitely stay away from anything arguing people couldn't have built it, I think they did, but the WHY is still a mysterious question.
>>
... why isn't this looked more into? Ive never heard of it. This could change alot about early human evolution and stuff.
>>
>>18460579
Technically yes. Humans around that time were thought to be nomadic at best.
>>
>>18460218
Not a Dino, it's an alligator.

They were refugees from the cataclysm that destroyed Atlantis.

It's close to where the Ark of Sumerian, Indian and Abrahamic legends tell.

They landed there and re-started society in the middle east.
>>
>>18460703
No, there is an alligator and a stegosaurus. Google Gobekli stegosaurus and its there.
>>
>>18460572
I think that in our modern arrogance it's hard for us to believe that people thousands of years ago could have had superior technology to us in some respect. I'm not talking incredible machines that are contingent on a shitload of knowledge, but just 1337 stone-moving and shaping skills that we can't figure out because the methods they use are unknown to us.

Nah, they must have been just like us of course, and were incredibly technologically advanced relative to us. Certainly this.
>>
>>18460841
I thought stegosauruses didn't exist
>>
>>18460218
I believe the current scientific datings are slightly wrong, although understandably so since science needs to work off of whats found and confirmed less it becomes like /x/.
Human civilization probably spans back much more than what is conventionally though, and we are still in the process of digging it up or uncovering it under the sea.
I am kinda hopeful of the whole climate warming thing, maybe we can find some ancient settlements under the ice once it melts off.
Also in Gobes case, they were probably in the transition stages between nomadics and settled civs, but then the floodings and harsh gobal conditions probably had evolution select the more brute and eventually most of the technology got lost when humans mentally devolved in favor of physical survival.
>>
>>18460424
>read Michael Cremo and Graham Hancock

Maybe you should read people who aren't nutjobs and frauds.
>>
>>18460572
>why is still a mystery

Why was never a mystery. They were tombs for pharaohs.

How they did it, not in terms of technology, just in terms of minor details, was a bit of a mystery. But the interior ramp hypothesis explains everything, including the features that used to be difficult to explain.
>>
>>18460945
>mummies were not found in the great pyramids
>associate the pyramids with various pharaohs just based on graffiti and not on actual records
>>
>>18460953
>mummys were not found in the great pyramid

No, the mummys and treasure had been stolen.

However the thieves left the giant fucking stone sarcophagi the pharaohs had been entombed in.

>grafitti

Inscriptions, anon. While their aren't inscriptions inside the King's chamber itself, there's shittons of inscriptions outside of the pyramid. The Ancient Egyptians left plenty of written records. They don't tell you that on Ancient Aleums, but then again, they wouldn't.
>>
>>18460945
people like you are the reason "aliens built the pyramids" is a thing. There are a lot of respected Egyptologists who agree they were not tombs. There aren't even any inscriptions in the great pyramid, the only text that's been found are some numbers written on the floor of one of the sealed off chambers that was clearly one of the architects doing some scratch calculations.
>>
>>18460967
There aren't any sarcophagi in the Great Pyramid. The "sarcophagus" in the King's Chamber is an unornamented stone box. No Pharaoh would allow themselves to be entombed in such a thing.
>>
>>18460967
>Outer records don't attribute pyramids to pharaohs

>Great pyramid's granite 'sarcophagus' doesn't resemble typical pharaoh's sarcophagus

>chamber's in the great pyramids don't resemble typical Egyptian tombs and lack inscription

>Information inscribed by egyptians contains contradictions to modern views of Egyptian dynasties
>>
>>18460967
The whole point of inscriptions was to give instructions to the dead, which is why in every other fucking tomb they are on the inside of the chamber. Contemporary records about Khufu are spotty at best, even by the Middle Kingdom the pyramids were subject to speculation.
>>
>>18460979
jinx. thanks for backing me up here, I despise ignorant rationalists who don't know what they're talking about, but think they must be right because they're skeptical
>>
File: greatpyramid sarcophagus.jpg (25KB, 640x408px) Image search: [Google]
greatpyramid sarcophagus.jpg
25KB, 640x408px
>>18460975
Now you're just lying, anon. Don't be stupid.

There would have been a fancy gilden coffin within the dull sarcophagus. Just like Tutankhamen. Tutankhamen, by the way, even debunks your claim about ostentatiousness. he was buried in a very dull tomb.

Shit, you can even see where the thiefs broke in, so they could lever off the lid.
>>
>>18460981
>inscriptions give instructions to the the dead.

Most inscriptions are for the living, anon. That's why they're on the outside of tombs.
>>
>>18460218
Is this the place that is built on layers of older ruins?
>>
>>18460218
Is this the place that is built on layers of older ruins? I believe it's a sacred spot for many ancient civilizations older than we know
>>
>>18460218
It's built on old ruins
>>
>>18460218
Apologies, accidentally posted multiples
>>
>>18460983
Yeah this shit looks pretty spartan to me, no inscriptions either. The burden of proof is on you to prove something that isn't there was there. Of course thieves broke into it, they broke into everything in Egypt. That doesn't prove they didn't break into it and not find anything. Just because you open a box and there's nothing in it doesn't mean there must have been something in the box.
>>
>>18461004
>the burden of proof is on you

Mmm, nah. Overwhelming evidence shows the pyramid was a tomb for Khufu. Burden of proof is on you when you claim otherwise.
>>
>>18460533

>Antikythera Mechanism
Not out of time, it was just unexpected because early Christian authors had deemed clockwork to be demonic and ordered the books relevant to the topic to be burned. We still have some of those lists and some accounts of the types of mechanisms they deemed evil and calendar devices like it were included so its probable that at least some of the books we no longer have would have described the construction of such devices.

>Voynich Manuscript
Now that one I'll give you, it would be centuries till someone else developed pen and paper RPGs to the point where new source books would be created.
>>
File: tut-tomb-interior.jpg (404KB, 1273x850px) Image search: [Google]
tut-tomb-interior.jpg
404KB, 1273x850px
>>18461004
Tutankhamen toned it down slightly because he was rebelling against Akhenaten's egotistic revision of traditional religion. And have you ever actually READ ancient inscriptions? The Book of Going Forth By Day is explicitly an instruction manual for the ba.

That was some very educated trolling, my friend. I'm ashamed I fell for it.
>>
>>18461004
>they broke into everything in Egypt

No they didn't. Shit, there are other pyramids where mummies and intact sarcophagi have been found.
>>
>>18461009
The overwhelming evidence is that he commissioned it, that's all that can be said with certainty.
>>
>>18460988
So what seems to have happened is that a hunter gatherer society developed that was semi-sedentary for part of the year. During that time they would congregate in this one area possibly to brew beer from wild grains and have a big party to build a sanctuary for the spirits of the dead.

Then when the generation who had built it died they'd bury it and start building a new one. Kind of a prehistoric burning man where the effort of building the thing and its impermanence were important.

Oh also they removed the skulls of the dead for some reason and the depictions of human figures there are all human bodies with massive block heads.
>>
>>18461019
stop splitting hairs, it's weakening your argument. that was a hyperbole and you know it.
>>
>>18461019
Not in a pyramid. But in other types of tombs. The obviousness of the location of the tombs was identified as a problem even back then.
>>
>>18461015
>BUT THE GEARS. I'm not saying it's necessarily paranormal, but them gears, buddy. Could of just been one craftsman way, way ahead of his time, but there's nothing contemporary with that kind of precision.
>possibly, but would still be the greatest troll in human history
>>
>>18461033
There's nothing contemporary with that kind of precision because the metal was ultimately more valuable than a box that could tell you when the next Hellenistic festival year would be, especially once possession of such boxes could get you executed for heresy.

We only have this one because it was on a ship which went down.

Imagine if in the 60s when transistors were new a group like ISIS had succeeded in taking of the world and declared semiconductors to be the work of the Devil (which to be fair they are) and set about destroying them. Archaeologists in a few thousand years would probably be amazed finding a transistor radio on a ship wreck but they wouldn't be out of place they'd be a sign that the society that made them was more advanced than previously suspected.

Its just like how the Egyptians managed to enslave aliens to build the pyramids for them.
>>
>>18461016
Looks pretty fancy for a tomb.
>>
File: teamwork.png (155KB, 397x474px) Image search: [Google]
teamwork.png
155KB, 397x474px
>>18461032
"we don't know" vs. "my assumption based on lack of evidence is correct" is an unwinnable argument. Or are you gonna slice up with your Occam's razor now?
>>
>>18461032
Yes, in pyramids. Not the Great Pyramid, but other pyramids. The pyramid of Menenre I, for example, or Saqqare.

This shit's been know since the 19th century at least. The claim there are no pyramids with Egyptian mummys found is just a straight up lie.
>>
>>18461050
A lot of stuff from that time period could get you executed for heresy and a lot of that stuff is still around. Things get lost, things reappear, again, that's a great theory, but that doesn't make it unassailable fact.

Imagine if you paid contractors to build a house for you and archaeologists in a few thousand years assumed your basement absolutely must have been your tomb.
>>
>>18461053
But barring some major discovery we do know the locations of the pyramids and all of them that we know of were looted in antiquity.

Even in the valley of the kings which was the home of more secretive burials almost all of them were looted. That's why Tutankhamen was such a big deal.
>>
>>18461065
This is a fair point. I am only talking about the Great Pyramid. I am sympathetic to the notion that the entire Necropolis' purpose isn't 100% clear, but I'm not going to make that argument.
>>
>>18461072
No one is contesting a great deal of Egyptian relics were looted. But that is not evidence that the Great Pyramid was definitely a tomb. It has shitloads of anomalous and inexplicable features, or lacks of features, not found in any of those other burial shrines.
>>
>>18461067
But with a few exceptions where we were only able to piece them together with the benefits of modern technology unavailable to the ancients the ones that survived were made of substances that could stand the test of time.

The mechanisms in question weren't. In fact the one we have is so badly corroded they had to work out what it was by x-raying it.
>>
>>18461073
>>18461081
>>18461093
Is there any evidence of tunnels the unfinished subterranian chambers of the great pyramid might lead to?
The locals there take a great deal of tunnels beneath the location they used to play during childhood before it was flooded. It seems modern day, they just explain it as natural aquifers but it seems strange they would just leave a sub chamber clogged up and unfinished like the state that its currently in
>>
>>18461103
you've lost me here, what are you getting at?
>>
>>18461103
Its not that strange for projects in an authoritarian society to go unfinished.

Look at the modern Kim dynasty in North Korea. There are a number of mega projects which were never completed as priorities shifted or leaders changed.
>>
>>18461118
Speculations on subterranian tunnels.
I find it strange all the pyramids build underground, and according to locals there are tunnels, yet none in giza have been found
>>
>>18461137
I agree with North Korea anon on this one. It probably was just unfinished, it was a massive building project that probably consumed almost all their resources and manpower, who knows what happened. That doesn't prove or disprove anything about its purpose though. Legends of locals is circumstantial at best.
>>
>>18460863
>it's hard for us to believe that people thousands of years ago could have had superior technology to us in some respect

What's the relevance of this to a post that does NOT make this claim? Just wanna vent? I don't blame you. Just look at what the show Ancient Aliens have successfully done to a lot of dissenting opinions in archaeology.
>>
>>18460940
Such as?
>>
>>18460218
The most interesting thing about Gobekli Tepe is another find (Turkey), only 9000 years old, by way of dating organic material found in the temple. It has a link with Gobleki Tepe in that at GT a statue is found (very primitive work) with a snake carved crawling up the spine of the man the statue depicts, with its head resting on his forehead.

This is interesting because the remaining photographs of the temple show a much more sophisticated statue in the temple, also of a man with a snake with its head rested on his forehead. You can't see if it's slithering up his spine, because he's wearing a robe. A rather more nice robe than I ever assumed someone would be wearing 9000 years ago.

Unfortunately they decided to build a dam which required flooding of the area the temple is in, so all we have are the remaining, old, black and white photographs of the site, and the samples taken from the site that were tested in more modern times. It's rather sad. It's very likely an offshoot or remainder of the culture, or at least religion, found at Gobekli Tepe.

The similarities of the two statues with the specific detail of the snake is too incredibly similar to deny, but we'll never get the research to really link them.
>>
>>18460940
Nutjobs and Frauds because they support fringe theories that the mainstream scientific and archeological communities go out of their way to discredit and slander. They amongst many others. You're told they're liars, fruads and nutjobs and given proof easily manufactured when being backed by certain entities - and you eat it up.

You're a dog that will chew on any bone you're thrown, no matter how rotten.
>>
>>18461861
https://youtu.be/dVGINIsLnqU
>>
>>18461833
Would it be possible to dive there and explore it, or would it be too eroded to shit by now?
>>
File: petramphi.jpg (962KB, 1782x1188px) Image search: [Google]
petramphi.jpg
962KB, 1782x1188px
>>18461915
Since it was flooded, I'd assume, anyone interested had a lot of time to go in with some diving gear. Since they don't? It's been my assumption that there's not much left to research.

It's one of those known sites that just doesn't get a lot of attention. Not for any conspiracy theory reason nut jobs around here will give you, just, it's one of many, many known sites that just go under the radar. Not as interesting. The temple wasn't ever big, and from what I've read the most interesting part about it was that one statue (at the time not even that remarkable because they couldn't date anything in the temple yet, and Gobekli Tepe hadn't been discovered yet to show a similarity with the snake aspect of the statue).

Sort of like Petra, a lot of what you see of Petra never gets shown in the articles or photographs. There's massive amounts of structure you're never shown, like a (very rough looking) Amphitheater. It's cool. it's amazing even. It has at least three different layers of architectural style to it. But they'll still show you other portions of the site because they're so much more striking and iconic of the site. So many aspects go under the radar.

I assume similar things happen with quite a lot of sites around the world, especially when it comes time to spend money on doing research at a given site. Just doesn't have the glamor of some sites.
>>
>>18461939

This oversight of interesting details even happens at major sites. Look at the Moai. You're probably familiar with the heads and their hats and all sorts of things. You're probably not so familiar with the beautiful etchings on their backs, or that they all have their hands clasped in front of them, like they're holding their bellies up or something.

Even less likely is the finding of polygonal megaliths on Easter Isle, small walls of stones fit together in polygonal shapes instead of in rectangular or square blocks. Still ever less likely is the finding of writing on Easter Isle which has been named, "rongorongo". These things are lesser known, but fully there, but again go under the radar. Why these aspects like the aspects of many sites, or entire sites themselves, get less attention than other aspects of sites isn't malicious. No cover ups or anything. Just not the things people are as interested in talking about I guess.
>>
File: moai.jpg (103KB, 507x907px) Image search: [Google]
moai.jpg
103KB, 507x907px
>>18461968

Back of one of the Moai for fun.
>>
>>18460218
>Sculpture of a dinosaur? What?
If it's that "stegosaurus" you're talking about, that's from the Ta Prohm temple in Cambodia, which was built around the 1300s. If you're talking about an actual carving from Göbekli Tepe, which one?
>>
>>18460841
that carving is from a temple in Cambodia which is a favorite filming location for major movie studios and not at all well historically protected, so it's either a boar or rhino if the carving is original, or something that was carved out by a film studio and left there. It is misattributed to Gobleki Tepe often because people are idiots and want to pretend humans lived beside dinosaurs and everything is a secret alien atlantis conspiracy.
>>
File: Stego.jpg (483KB, 1280x997px) Image search: [Google]
Stego.jpg
483KB, 1280x997px
>>18461974
>>18461984

Not involved in the discussion, but, a picture for anyone curious. Anon is right about it being from Cambodia.
>>
>>18461995
Looks like a rhino with those same decorations around it.
>>
>>18461676
peer-reviewed archaeologists.
>>
>>18462087
Yep. Rhino's typically have plates on their backs, and long thick tails too.
>>
>>18461833
can you point me to these pictures??? this snake dude sounds really interesting
>>
>>18462104
Yes, they do.
>>
>>18462104
>plates on their back

Looks like those petal decorations that are all over everything.

>long thick tail

Looks pretty thin and short to me.
>>
>>18460218

It was a restaurant. The designs on the rocks are the animals it served. People came from all over that part of the world to eat there, there used be a big trade route going through there.

The strangely shaped posts are used to hold levitating craft, such as UFOs.
>>
File: ancient aliens.png (633KB, 675x482px) Image search: [Google]
ancient aliens.png
633KB, 675x482px
WHO HAS THE ANSWERS?
>>
>>18465402
I absolutely can't tell when you people are being serious and when you're not.

>>18465426
lmfao
>>
>>18464873
rhinos has tiny thin tails and no plates on their back anon
>>
File: BIRD.jpg (492KB, 1368x1151px) Image search: [Google]
BIRD.jpg
492KB, 1368x1151px
>>18464873
>>18464876
>>18461995

Fucking birds man.
>>
File: literallyeverywhere.png (3MB, 1280x997px) Image search: [Google]
literallyeverywhere.png
3MB, 1280x997px
>>18465520
Or, alternatively, just decorations.
>>
>>18465553
It's even pointed out in the image that the other decorations look nothing like plates on the back of your "rhino". So you did a lot of work for nothing.
>>
>>18465558
>look nothing like

Except they're exactly the same

>lot of work

I guess opening up MS paint for 30 seconds is a lot of work for a guy who's a sucker for everything he sees on youtube.
>>
http://www.paleo.cc/paluxy/stegosaur-claim.htm
>>
>>18465560
If you're blind, and don't touch them, and never have them described to you, yes, they look exactly the same. The truth is, the ones on the back of your rhino are quite different. I won't say they're angular but they don't have the fluid flowing design of the ones you quite mistakenly think are, "exactly the same".

It has multiple distinct differences from a "Rhino". Note, I haven't claimed it's a Stegosaurus, or a dinosaur. I know some people here have, but these are my posts:

>>18461995
>>18462104
>>18465520
>>18465558
>>18461968
>>18461973
>>18461939

I haven't once suggested that it's a dinosaur. I provided the sculptures, of course, for people to look at. Now, you can draw your own conclusions, but I simply disagree that it's a Rhino and have pointed out multiple aspects that show it not to be a Rhino.

Personally, if you look at the head, there's no Rhino horn, but there is a horn-like structure over the eye. The long, thick curving tail, and yes, back decorations that could be taken as, 'plates'.

There is a rather modern animal that could be considered similar to this, if you look at the sculpture like the others. They're all quite pretty, but there's something almost childish about the representation - that's not a slight to the authors, but it does remind me of how children draw things that don't look quite like the thing they're drawing. They draw their interpretation of what they see, rather than what's there.

There is, in my mind, a still present reptilian with a strong crest-like structure on its back, a bit of a horn-like structure over its eye, a large-ish round eye, a longer thicker tail and such. I'll let you figure out what it is. I think you'll find it a much better match than a rhino.

But of course, I'm obviously one of those people that believe everything they see on youtube, and have vast paranoia about everything. Like assuming everyone I talk to on /x/ is a conspiracy theorist nutjob.
>>
>>18460218
it was a city, used to rear grain and grind it in the center
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.