[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zombies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: 2293538-7787150236_b0ca5aa303_o.jpg (1MB, 1126x1335px) Image search: [Google]
2293538-7787150236_b0ca5aa303_o.jpg
1MB, 1126x1335px
Do you think a Zombie like virus/outbreak is possible?

Like if Rabies evolved and became airborne.

How will elites cull the rapidly growing population whilst still having plausible deniability.
>>
>>18459809
No. If it could, you would die first. Now go back to middle school
>>
>airborne

wouldn't everyone get infected that way?
>>
"Zombie" viruses/bacteria/fungi already exist. Some of which can affect humans. However not many can turn a full grown adult, or even a child into something resembling the hollywood zombie.

However. There are drug and chemical compounds which can. Not undead, of course.

>The elites

Well them using zombies is already happening. You probably drink starbucks, right? Think less viral zombie. More drug induced.

>The population

We'll have WW3 or a disease that kills you the old fashioned way without bringing you back for that.
>>
>>18459809
war and zika will do a good portion of the job also violent crime handles some more as things get worse it just naturally ends up that the most adversely affected become crime ridden hell holes

as far as a zombie disease well if you can figure out how a anaerobic life form could have a decent metabolish and how to convert the lymphatic system to be a mock circulatory system for nutrients like plat roots instead of just dumping excess fluid back into the blood stream then maybe you can haz zombies but thats a lot of homework and its only about 1/2 what you need

you also need to figure out how to have a closed loop system in a organism in which the usage of oxygen leads to the usage of carbon repeat this way it doesnt have to breath its just bouncing back and forth in the cells. its like trying to come up with a new perpetual motion machine. this allows the brain to still function with a compromised circulatory system
>>
File: 1438322090_5.jpg (47KB, 672x800px) Image search: [Google]
1438322090_5.jpg
47KB, 672x800px
>>18459815
Fuck off.

>>18459818
Exactly. Viruses can evolve, so what if something like Rabies actually did. It causes frothing at the mouth, mania, extremely violent outbursts, biting (to spread the virus further)

It's kinda similar.

Rabies terrifies me.

>>18459826
Yeah, I've seen lots of stories about drug induced zombie outbursts.

http://www.secretsofthefed.com/two-zombie-attacks-in-texas-in-two-days-zombie-plague-spreads/

Remember that guy who ate a homeless man's face, right off. Police shot him like 7 times in the chest and finally managed to kill it...
>>
>>18459855
It wouldn't matter at all if it was Rabies or the flu. Biting is a TERRIBLE vector anything in range of biting you (if airborne) has already infected you.

I'm sorry, but your Zombie outbreak wet dream isn't logical.
>>
>>18459809
There was that case in Florida with the bath salts.
Inevitably with all the drug testing and gmo and all that pretty much anything can spread quickly.
A lot of the products that people all over the states use come from one central location marketed under different brands. If there's contamination of whatever there, it can spread very quickly.
So for some virus or reaction to something to be similar to the aggression of a zombie, isn't too far fetched
>>
File: thumb-1920-66617.jpg (203KB, 1679x1050px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1920-66617.jpg
203KB, 1679x1050px
>>18459934
Well it's not actually airborne. That's just me hypothetically thinking, perhaps it could down the line, who the fuck knows.

The only way for it to currently spread (Rabies), is through biting.

So sorry, but it's completely similar and logical.
>>
File: 42d53af196d76924d311fd9c4cf46e91.jpg (289KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
42d53af196d76924d311fd9c4cf46e91.jpg
289KB, 1920x1080px
>>18459953
>isn't too far fetched

Exactly man, that's what scares me. Just how ignorant most of us actually are to the possibility of a zombie like outbreak.
>>
>>18459968
It wouldn't even matter once blood stopped flowing in the zombies, muscles would stop moving and they woud die
>>
File: 47A0235E0.jpg (141KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
47A0235E0.jpg
141KB, 1024x768px
>>18459986
Your too Hollywoodised.

Obviously the person couldn't be dead. (Maybe they could... But that would be far more complicated to argue, I'm using real world references, like Rabies, which have similar symptoms)

I'm saying a Zombie like virus, Not full on Romero style undead Zombies.

Just the violence, mania and cannibal symptoms
>>
>>18459809
depends on how you define "zombies"

we could get a virus/funghus/bacteria/whatever that turns off everything except the basic survival stuff (breath, heartbeaat and eating and that stuff) shutting off pain and fear and almost everything else. similar viruses are already existent. like you said rabies already changes ones bahavior, makes animals aggressive and fear water, there is a funghus making ant climb to a sunny spot and die there so the funghi can grow out of the ant and distribute it spores from there. if such behavioral changes can be made turning one into a zombie should also be possible. however it should be (nearly) impoosible to create the hollywood kind of zombies which you can shoot in the heart and lungs, suffocate etc without it dying.
>>
>>18459960
Yes, Rabies could be very deadly if it became Airborne. It would be just equally or less effective than virtually anything else that they could have came up with.

There is absolutely 0 reason that they would choose Rabies over the Spanish flu, Avian flu, Smallbox, etc.

>>18459968
Christ, Twelve year olds are tiring.

Literally no one would be infected by the biting "Zombies". They would be incredibly slow, disoriented and lack the proper judgment that allowed humans to become apex predators.
You're forgetting that they key characteristic of Rabies is hydrophobia. The zombies wouldn't even last three days of mindless shambling before they succumbed to dehydration.

Sure, the """elites""" could spend billions engineering out problems... but I'm asking what is the point? Like I said, there are already a dozen agents that are far better agents than Rabies could ever be.
>>18460006
Please don't call him Hollywoodised. He's not the one posting photos from films.
>>
File: 1482534720176.jpg (384KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1482534720176.jpg
384KB, 1536x2048px
>>18460006
>says anon is too hollywoodised
>believes zombies could happen
>>
>>18459809
As population density increases, everything has a larger impact. This goes for natural disasters, civil unrest, and disease especially (what with fast international travel and antibiotic resistance).
And now genetic engineering is at a point where bioweapons are really viable. But I agree with Orion, it'd be far easier to engineer a devastating new strain of flu than invent zombies. Someone is probably trying to for the heck of it, but they're not seriously thinking it's viable.

>>18459818
In The Walking Dead and at least some of the Romero movies, everyone is infected / affected. Anyone dies (from causes other than massive head trauma), they come back. But it's just passively sitting there until you die.

I prefer bite-infection scenarios. More fair. But in real life things are frequently unfair, and if there's someone crazy enough to deliberately make a bioweapon, it's the same deal as someone crazy enough to deliberately make a nuke. The deterrent value of a vial of saline marked "zombie plague" and an actual vial of zombie plague are equal. If you need the real thing, you're intending to cause human extinction. It's not just a threat for diplomatic leverage, it's a goal.
>>
File: un-claqueur-meme-pas-peur.jpg (54KB, 930x523px) Image search: [Google]
un-claqueur-meme-pas-peur.jpg
54KB, 930x523px
>>18459809
Ifyou think it,"The last of us" game it's the most real posibility about a zombie outbreak, since the cordyceps it's a real fungical infection that affects insects and change their behaviors, not making them "rage" at all, but it changes their social behavior. It can happen that the fungi evolves so it can affect humans... I did a research on conrdyceps IRL ,it is said that the chinese used it as a milagrous medicament that improves mental and sexual development,they don't eat the spores but they eat a grub infected with the virus; it's easy to reconigze it since changes the real shape of the grub, a skeleton-like roots from the inner body of the insect.Also it's used as a neuronal inhibidor; scientist could sintetyzed the molecule that has the properties that affects the neurotransistors and receptors.

So /x/'s ,do a research as me and share your opinions so we can do a solid proposition.
>>
This smells like science, not paranormal.
>>
>>18460702
Also ,¿don't some of you have read the pasta from a guy that talks about it's cousin or brother-in-law that is a marine on duty in a philipine region in which it's infected with this kind of fungical pathogen and when he, the marine, came back from serving starts to complain about headaches and migrains, then begin to act erratic at the point that he only say "i need to get upper"?

That's a pasta ,obiously it's literally a history that doesn't give a concrete evidency of what it's a real "zombie" infection ,but ,if you want to know the truth do a research ,or if you live in an indonesian-thailand-asiatic region and do have an experience with what are we talking here ,share your opinion.
>>
>>18459809
biohazard zombies are lame. dark magic zombies are good.
>>
>>18459809
Rabies is too dense to ever become airborne. It would be likely from fungal infection, however. An adaptation in certain fungus could allow them to control at least sections of our minds that, like motor skills or behavior and judgement. Wouldn't be anything insane, most likely just confused individuals that would occasionally attack others. The ultimate true-trope zombie would have to be from an engineered bio-weapon, however. It would take millennia for any organism to evolve such a dominant and powerful infection.
>>
>>18459809

Did you ever play The last of us?

Probably that's the closest thing we could have if a ''zombie'' apocalypse happened. Some kind of fungus that makes you go crazy, and it spreads among the populations pretty quickly, especially without a vaccine.
I don't think something like that will ever happen, to be honest. I don't think it can exist a fungus or so powerfull to makes you go full zombie. It could be created tho, considering they inveted chips as big as a cell.
But i don't think the world is going to end like that, the world will simply be a victim of its own vices.
>>
Rabies dosen't make zombies you fucking inbred; the only way a zombie outbreak would happen is if a bi powerful country, hated another; a virus creating zombies in terms of human is too self destructive to not be purely a man made weapon.
>>
File: russian_merchant.png (299KB, 501x641px) Image search: [Google]
russian_merchant.png
299KB, 501x641px
>>18459809
Undead zombies no, unless the world is a lot more spoopy than I thought.

>>18459809
>>18459818
>>18459826
>>18460028
>>18461919
>>18465833 <---THIS
Both the Soviets and the United States actively worked on "Personnel Disrupting Bioeeapons". Some Soviet scientists were particularly mouthy about what they had made. Supposedly it was a combination of rabies, equine encephalitis, and something easily transmissible like influenza. People would get a minor "flu", then a few days later, start acting more and more violent and erratic. Within a week they were full blown crazy, and usually died withing a few days after that point.

The (military) idea was to cause massive civilian disruption to "soften up" a target before a full invasion or nuclear strike.

But it's all moot, because the US and Russia destroyed these illegal bioweapons after the cold war. So there can't possibly be a starving Russian scientist willing to sell this to some terrorist organization. Whew! Lucky us!
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.