[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a Religion General?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

File: Echs 2.png (56KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Echs 2.png
56KB, 900x900px
Could we start a religion general? For posts about /x/ type religious things including the cult of Echs, Paganism, Kek posts,other /x/ type relgions, religious experiences etc
>>
Does asatru fall under this banner?
>>
>>18456363
It definitely would
>>
>>18456331
I'm sorry but with how shitposty kektards are, I do not believe kek should be allowed to be posted anywhere but /b/.
>>
>>18456331
We already do this.
Its called /omg/.
>>
>>18456331
I want to start my own religion one day.

I actually have an idea. Part of the religion will center around mental illness and declare any psychotic hallucinations or beliefs divine. That way I can break people out of mental hospitals at a whim if they follow my religion. For them to hold them for religious beliefs is illegal because it interferes with religious rights. We would just have a lawyer on standby for it.
>>
File: 1334864975438.png (165KB, 640x517px) Image search: [Google]
1334864975438.png
165KB, 640x517px
>>18456522
You also need crazy person rituals that require a crazy person. Make rules about crazy person care, etc.

Didyou know that videogames are pretty much unregulated because of their own regulation system in america?
>>
>>18456504
It's still not too late to start praising, molochcuck
>>
id like to know about those hanging incense balls priests wave around. What herbs are they burning with them?

I was at church yesterday for the big christmas ceremony. Not even catholic, but I was invited by a friend and decided id take the oppurtunity to see this giant roman cathedral on the inside and admire the architecture and decorations.

Anyway, at the start the priests went around the crowd with that ball. Smelled like incense, but I felt light headed throughout the ceremony and my mind was blank. Though towards the end I was getting distracted by my usual trans of thought again. including cynical ones like wondering how many of those choir kiddies had been molested. basically bad thoughts.

Makes me wonder if it had somekind of effect, and wether it was good (cleansing my head of impure thoughts) or bad (numbing my brain to make me more receptive to their preachings.)

Offcourse, I might just have been fascinated by everything that was going on. The choir and the organ music combined with the scenery was quite impressive.
>>
>>18456331
yes please.
I like also this guy >>18456522

I had two hyper religious psychosis in my life. was raised as an atheist, but during these psychotic months, I got to know the divine. it was chaotic, it was dangerous, it was awesome, it was divine, and it was real. would be nice to talk about it somewhere with people who have experienced something similar.
>>
File: 1459221805548.png (826KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1459221805548.png
826KB, 800x800px
>>
>>18457096
I had the same thing, about five years ago, nothing like it since, but changed everything for me, tried as hard as I could to deny it, but shit happened. Gather the others.
>>
Hail Eris, goddess of discord, that thou wilt send CHAOS, the great force that is all, to the glory of Thu children, for the glory of thy name.
Fnord fnord fnord fnord fnord.
Throw the golden apple and let's play hot potato.
>>
>>18456331
It's been suggested and tried many times. It usually devolves into unresponsive proselytizing and trolls.
>>
>>18457118
The TriPrimality:

"Bob" is.
"Bob" becomes.
"Bob" is not.
Nothing is; Nothing becomes;
Nothing is not.

Thus: Nothing Is Everything.
Therefore: Everything is "Bob."
Abracadabra.
>>
>>18457099
I think it's hard to gather people like us who had a legit experience like this, I always thought it would be nice though. but this thread will die and we'll never even meet each other again I'm afraid.
>>
>>18457153
Over time, have you been able to start to sort out how part of the experience was just straight-up psychosis and made no sense, and pick out the little bits and pieces that were genuinely high strangeness? That was a really hard process, not sure I'm there yet. I just try not to hold any firm conclusions about anything, for me the whole experience was defined by divine abstraction, kind of reminds me of the heisenberg uncertainty principle - if you start to measure one property, another slips away
>>
>>18457163
>defined by divine abstraction, kind of reminds me of the heisenberg uncertainty principle - if you start to measure one property, another slips away
a good way to put it. I thought about it much, I tried analyzing it, but it's really hard. it's not like with ordinary memory, those psychotic memories are harder to grasp as the thought process back there was different as it is right now, I got explained so much abstract truths about everything, but I can't really recall them or translate them into ordinary language.
>>
>>18457175
I know exactly what you mean. It was like having these giants map of like, just "thoughtforms" - not words, or images, kind of like what I'd imagine a platonic ideal might be like, and everything was constantly shifting, and clearly just not meant for this world.

Definitely made me realize mystics aren't just copping out when they call it "ineffable." So awesome to hear someone talk about this who isn't just an edgy rp'er.
>>
>>18457151
Smoke 'frop everyday.
>>
File: x-deities.png (164KB, 691x300px) Image search: [Google]
x-deities.png
164KB, 691x300px
Let's just create a polytheistic /x/ religion including Kek and Echs.
>>
>>18457182
>So awesome to hear someone talk about this who isn't just an edgy rp'er.
if I open up a discord server would you join? this way we could try and gather more people who had such a religious psychosis and form a cult. just kidding, but we could talk more about this stuff, could be interesting.
>>
>>18457197
but how do I know you're not one of THEM
>>
File: GOD_EXISTS.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
GOD_EXISTS.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>18457182
>>18457197
>>
>>18457193
I oppose any formalized pantheon. I like my religion buffet-style, and I eat it with my hands.
>>
File: CATS.gif (19KB, 576x384px) Image search: [Google]
CATS.gif
19KB, 576x384px
>>18457202
You know what you doing.
>>
>>18457197
>>18457202
>>18457199
let's give this a try.
https://discord.gg/mMYQnGY
>>
>>18457209
>https://discord.gg/mMYQnGY
got some shit to do, be there in a bit
>>
>>18457227
I'm going to sleep now, but it be awesome if you join and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
>>
File: Ecks.jpg (66KB, 646x648px) Image search: [Google]
Ecks.jpg
66KB, 646x648px
>>
>>18457209
>>18457227
OP, I will probably join, I saved the link in case thread 404s but I'm having computer problems ATM
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (264KB, 782x439px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
264KB, 782x439px
Echs becomes sentient and takes over a space station, starts colonizing the solar system?
>>
File: 2572829.jpg (92KB, 438x341px) Image search: [Google]
2572829.jpg
92KB, 438x341px
Chaos can be controlled, and even created by you. You are simply a formless, featureless field of electromagnetic chaos. You have power over it.

The Ones that impose order on that chaos...the 11s, the 111s, the memes, units of memory, on the other hand, are completely unpredictable.

Ironic, that the one which imparts order and definition on the featureless dyaad, is harder to predict that the chaos itself.
>>
>>18457096
Did all of time and space (your conscious awareness of it) collapse into a singularity centred around your heart/ left-pectoral?
>>
>>18457153
Well, your in control. If you have sufficient reason, do it.
>>
>>18457163
Just write it down; don't build from sediment, brick by brick, fly!

Leaps of logic through time and space.

Then. when your mind has taken some semblance of order, assemble your written word in a way that is presentable, and that's it.

It's better than nothing, it's good enough.
>>
>>18457175
You went into a fractal dimension, a deep set, perhaps four or five iterations deep.

Instead of going from A to B, you went from A to a half A, and a quarter A...

To infinite resolution, spiraling downards, pi.
>>
>>18457197
I've got a subreddit. I didn;t create it, but no one posted, so I took it over. Your welcome.
>>
>>18458093
Almost like they're reifications of chaos or something huh?
>>
File: 1.jpg (833KB, 2198x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
833KB, 2198x1344px
>>18458127
Your brain is just an electromagnetic field.

Electromagnetic fields are one form of chaos, as the ancients understood.

There are other fields, such as the Higgs, and even the field of this interaction between me and you through timespace.

Fractal chaos fields and singularities that bound, create and define the parameters of the chaos fields.
>>
>>18458168
The reason why the hexes only have five arms is because to reveal the sixth was bad luck.

A magician never tells.
>>
just google "24 hour internet shutdown 2017"
and good luck escaping next version
>>
>>18458168
My brain is a lump of fatty tissue. Must be nice to have a head fulla zaps.

Chaos has no boundaries. It is the all of it.
>>
>>18458188
Orrrr... Law of fives.

Don't get too high on your own jenkem; salla joke in the end. Get a giggle in m80.
>>
>>18458093
That power is an illusion. Causality is an illusion. All is happening simultaneously, has already happened, will happen. The notion of controlling or creating chaos is an egoistic misrecognition created by being trapped in a three dimensional existence.
>>
>>18458115
This is what I meant by edgy RPing.
>>
>>18458357
this is wisdom
>>
>>18456331
I've been getting into Jediism recently. Kind of peaceful really.
>>
>>18457097
HAIL
>>
How can I practice norse heathenism by myself? I have no friends at all and I probably will never have any, and even if I did, they probably wouldn't be interested int he old gods.
>>
>>18458397
I'm mostly interested in Greek Polytheism atm
>>
>>18458437
What area are you in? AFAIK The Midwest, Alberta, Iceland, England, Germany, Austria and Most Scandinavian countries have fairly well established groups
>>
>>18458459
Alberta.
>>
>>18458471
There is a fairly established group in Edmonton I think. Their founder does a radio show iirc.
>>
>>18458383
Hey thanks.
>>18458375
Power is an illusion. Remember, it's jokes all the way down. Can't you see the funny side?
>>
>>18458437
Loki is your buddy. Learn to lie; he is fire, and wit, and hate. Get it right and you'll have a mess of fun.
>>
>>18457079
They might be burning sage? It's a common thing to burn and waft around. It's like the quartz of incense: common and good for everything.
>>
>>18458375
Id agree. How can one control chaos? It is an oxymoron. Chaos is uncontrolled and unpredicatable by definition, thus making it the ultimate force and is thus why it is usually considered a primordial state.

Though /x/ hates it, I think that actually makes a good case for a Kek based religion. Whether you want to call it Kek, Chaos or frigging Azathoth it's all the same thing - a primordial superstate of infinite power and scope.
>>
>>18458674
But that's like baking a cake using eggs as the only ingredient
>>
>>18458689
Well we could look for signs of the other deities.

But would they not all be of inferior power to Kek?

Though I could accept the possibilty that since Kek is infinite in nature, it has no desires or drive or purpose, so it is the other gods which have actual influence in our day to day lives.

But even if that were true, Kek seems to seep into everything, constantly trying to manifest like a force of nature. I suppose at that level there's no difference between having a purpose and being a force of nature. It is growing stronger of late.

The only way the other gods matter is if Kek is not all powerful, or does not care to always exercise it. This, I concede, we would need to investigate.
>>
>>18458728
Kek is what you make it. Kek could be anything else. If you see Kek on the road, run him over.
>>
>>18458739
It is everything and nothing all at once. Such is the nature of chaos.

It is worth pondering though - if Chaos is everything, anything and nothing, does that explain how we can simultaneously shape Kek to our will, yet also have Kek itself shape us in turn with no power to stop it? That it manifests in specific places and times despite also being everywhere and nowhere?

This sort of thing may not be fully comprehensible for us. Which is only natural I suppose.
>>
File: YinYang.jpg (95KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
YinYang.jpg
95KB, 2000x2000px
>>18458765
Do you seriously not know the answer to that?
>>
>>18458781
I guess its because of the existential nature of it that it seems weird. As in, being all-powerful yet entirely at our mercy at the same time and manifesting in both ways simultaneously.

But you're right, it makes perfect sense for it to be that way.
>>
>>18458799
stop focusing on the ideas of power, control, and manipulation. it'll come back to haunt you.

"All in the world know the beauty of the beautiful, and in doing
this they have (the idea of) what ugliness is; they all know the skill
of the skilful, and in doing this they have (the idea of) what the
want of skill is.

So it is that existence and non-existence give birth the one to
(the idea of) the other; that difficulty and ease produce the one (the
idea of) the other; that length and shortness fashion out the one the
figure of the other; that (the ideas of) height and lowness arise from
the contrast of the one with the other; that the musical notes and
tones become harmonious through the relation of one with another; and
that being before and behind give the idea of one following another.

Therefore the sage manages affairs without doing anything, and
conveys his instructions without the use of speech.

All things spring up, and there is not one which declines to show
itself; they grow, and there is no claim made for their ownership;
they go through their processes, and there is no expectation (of a
reward for the results). The work is accomplished, and there is no
resting in it (as an achievement).

The work is done, but how no one can see;
'Tis this that makes the power not cease to be."
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.