[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreams About Dead People

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: lots-of-sleep.jpg (54KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
lots-of-sleep.jpg
54KB, 350x233px
Have you ever had an oddly specific dream about someone who is no longer living and felt a bit more comforted that they're at peace now?

>grandmother dies
>mother has a dream that she asked her to bake a traditional cake that they ate together when mom was just a child
>she made it and ate it with her sisters/brothers
>>
>>18455625
Dreamt about my dead mother a long time ago. I don't remember what she told me exactly but in essense asked me to be careful and keep my emotions in check. The next day I got into a fight with my older sister and almost strangled her. My father tried to get between us but I was engulfed with hatred. He tried again to get me off of her and he succeeded. Later I realized what that dream was all about. She warned me for that event with my older sister.
>>
>>18455625

Definitely. My mom just passed this Wednesday and I just had a dream of her last night. All I remember is her walking into my room and then me breaking down crying while she hugged me. It was more comforting than sad. I surprisingly wasn't upset when I woke up and I think that's a good thing.
>>
I don't, but a friend of mine says that whenever a person he knows dies, they usually visit him in his dreams a few days later. One of more memorable stories is this:

>Neighbor (Let's call him John) goes missing
>Few days later locals check his house
>Locked
>Look through window
>See him laying on a floor
>Break in John's house
>John is dead
>A few days after his funeral
>Friend has a dream that he is visiting John
>Sitting in the living room, talking
>"I don't know, I'm having a pretty good life, I have my bacon, bread, home, what else is there to need?" -Says John in his dream
>Friend wakes up
>>
My best friend died when I was 23, I was actually in the hospital room with him when they pulled the life support. He was supposedly braindead, but shed a few tears as things were getting really heavy in the room while his family and friends were all trying to will him to pull through. The day after his funeral I had this dream. On phone so no greentext.

In the dream I am at his funeral, there are two rooms, he is in a cpffon in one, the other is where some type of reception is taking place. Everyone leaves the room with the coffin, leaving me and him alone. As soon as everyone leaves he opens one eye and makes a pretty typical face that usually meant he was going to do something funny, or fucked up. It was a face he made a lot because he was always messing with everyone.

I started to flip out, and tried to tell his family he was alive, but now my mouth was goneit seemed, and he shook his head no, and somehow communicated with ne that he was alright, but that he was definitely gone for good.

There was more, but that's the gist of it. I know it was most likely my subconscious trying to placate me, but it had a quality to it that just made me believe he was reaching out to try and help me. This whole thing preceded a very dark part of my life where I lost control, and things became very bad for me.
>>
>I die
>Whole family is in an attic surrounding my body
>We're in my grandparents' house
>I'm floating over my body as a ghost
>As I'm dreaming I'm very sad, but also feel like it's my duty to watch over them
>I'm floating there, suddenly going upwards to the sky against my will
>Suddenly I wake up, pillow completely wet
>Some time later my grandfather dies
>Hold dream to myself for about 5 years
>Suddenly remember dream
>I tell my sister about the dream
>She gets completely freaked out
>Apparently had an identical dream some years ago, about 5 years ago

My "psychic" mother is always saying our grandfatherbis watching over us
Apparently my grandmother was strongly urged by my dead grandfather to join my 14-year old Christian confirmation
She said she heard him say it, she's also demented so idk

I'm honestly not surprised I'm a christian
>>
>>18455625
I have a few more from my mom:

>had a dream that grandma was sitting on her bed waiting for her to come
>wakes up thinking that her grandma was waiting for her to come to the other side
>in the end her brother got cancer and passed
>her mother was calling him instead

Also:

>had a dream that she had a long chat with her brother about things while walking down a garden path

I'm glad to know that she feels a bit better upon this, she's been through so much.
>>
After my grandpa died, he used to appear on my dreams every now and then, and the circumstances were always very similar.
He would be on the street, I would walk past him (usually accompanied by more people) and realise too late that he was there. Then he would look at me really serious, or sad, idk. In some dreams I would reach out with my hands to his but get carried away by people surrounding me. Those dreams made me feel like it was taking awhile to him to be at peace, or that he was sad we didnt said goodbye to each other. Well, I was, so maybe it had something to do.
Finally one day I dreamed I was able to reach him and hold his hands, and we both smiled. Then I thought he was happy at last. I dreamed about him a few times later and he gave me advices for life and smiled a lot. Feels great to see him again even if its in dreams.
>>
>>18455625
When my Grandmother passed I came upon her in a dream, in a cafe setting. She had such vitality, a presence and a look that spoke volumes. Never had to worry about her since
>>
After my grandfather passed last year, I had a dream involving him. I remember riding bikes with him around the neighborhood he lived in. I can't remember what we were talking about, but I think the dream was within a week of his death. Two cousins of mine claim to have dreams with him after he passed as well.
>>
File: 77930232372630010_large.jpg (243KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
77930232372630010_large.jpg
243KB, 1024x682px
>>18455625
Not exactly comforting but a recurring dream I keep having about my dead grandfather.

I haven't owned a car in over 5 years. Times are tough, you know? Anyway, I keep having dreams of my grandfather buying me some cool ass vintage ride. In the dream, he's obviously still alive and living with me. He always has a car of his own but always surprises me with a car as a gift, whether it was for my birthday, Christmas or just a surprise.

The rides are usually something along the lines of pic related. I remember driving those cars to work for the first time feeling so awesome and proud to own a jazzy sports car only to wake up and feel like shit again.
>>
Grandmother passed away three years ago. Since then I see her hanging out on the edge of some of my dreams, like she's an independent agent and not part of the dreamscape. She cues me in to pay attention when she appears and I take it as a sign she's watching over me.

On a related note, anyone ever have any terrible omens that bore out? I remember I was in Mexico on vacation this past summer and I had this really disturbing dream.

>sky is orange and full of falling stars
>society falling apart after the election
>I'm watching a mob coming down a city street
>sudden perspective change and I'm looking back at my own face, now with the skin removed and screaming

I wake up in a sweat at 5:00am and message to my mother to make sure no one had died. That day, she somehow noticed a small fire in the woods next to our house and called the fire department before it got too big. She caught it only because my warning had her double checking everything.
>>
>>18455625
I used to have this recurring nightmare for months after i fell into a deep depression when my grandfather died. I would dream that my house would be suspended in an infinite black void so i couldn't leave the house, and that I knew something was coming to search for me. Every time I would have the dream i'd forget everything about the last time I had it until I woke up, so I would always try to hide and i'd always be found. It was always my grandfather and when he found me he would have this face that i can only describe as pleasant surprise, but it was very unsettling and terrifying to look at for some reason. It was like his eyes were the most horrifying part, even though for the most part he looked like he did when he was alive. I stopped having them but hell if I know what it ever meant, whenever I woke up the image of his face would be burned into my brain and it would keep me up for hours.
>>
>>18461780
Falling stars and meteors are of the most common oniric symbols for incoming catastrophe. So yeah, its nice that you avoided it.
Once had a dream of a big ass meteor falling where I live. The impact completely wrecked my house as I was lying on the floor all curled up, feeling blood in my ears and refusing to open my eyes. After that dream I had many troubles with my ex.

A friend of mine also had a dream about stars falling from the sky and rolling in the streets like big bright spheres. The week after she got sick and was in the hospital
>>
>>18455625
i had a dream about my grandmother last night.
>go to her house
>on a mission to dig up the bulbs (day lily and iris) she loved growing.
>start crying uncontrollably
>the people that live there just kind of ignore me
>a lengthy scene of me digging up her bulbs. moving her amazing quality soil around with my hands
>decide to only take a few so her garden can stay somewhat the same.
there are so many conversations i wish i was able to have with her. its been 14 years and i still miss her.
>>
i just remember dreaming me and my grandpa going to the beach inside a car.
most likely because we have done it before he died working and then falling from a dc tower trying to fix an electric grid.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.