[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Latin America Lore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: received_1176438165780723.jpg (34KB, 713x719px) Image search: [Google]
received_1176438165780723.jpg
34KB, 713x719px
Redpill me on Latin American brujeria from Mexico and further down south and duendes and other supernatural shit like that
>>
>>18453423
I dont know much about duendes however though, i lived in mexico for a few years & i can say its a SPOOKY fuckin place dude. I have some personal expeirences if you'd like me to share.
>>
>>18453423
ooooh OP can we also make the thread about Hatian Voodoo.
>>
>>18453423
look for "chaneques", those fuckers are like the real mexican "duendes". Actually,"duende" is Goblin in spanish.
>>
>>18453423
Is that Philip Vincent Haskins-Delici?
>>
>>18453423
Argie here, don't mess with macumba, shit's dangerous
>>
>>18453818
Macumba is African
>>
File: tres_planos.jpg (58KB, 543x400px) Image search: [Google]
tres_planos.jpg
58KB, 543x400px
Incan world was divided in 4 planes Hanan pacha, the residence of the Gods, Kay Pacha the world of here, Uku pacha the inner world and Hakaq Pacha the outer plane.

We maintain many legfends and traditions from them, including the "duendes" also know as little people.

The Atacama humanoid it's believe to be one of an ancient race of underground humanoids, that everyone claim to have seen at least once, similar to fairies in European traditions.

This is the music of la Tirana, the celebration of the Uku pacha, or the world of within.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS9Wp2Jj_98
>>
>>18453423
I'm from Chile, my mom knew a witch, and my dad believes in all of that shit. Most witches live in the capital, but it isn't strange to find some of them in rural areas or small towns like mine.
I remember my mother and my older sister hated the witch they knew, and it was mutual. Once, a giant white toad appeared to my sister and they knew it was her doing.
Fun fact: the daughter of that witch is married to my mom's ex-husband
Also, my friend told me some stuff about her grandmother. She's one of those old ladies who live in the woods, and she has a lot of "herbs".
We don't get involved in that shit. There's a reason why witches are known for being the brides of the devil. My friend tried to play with that, and the results weren't good, and my mother has heard enough about them from her mother to attempt to do anything related to witchcraft.
>>
File: spooky.jpg (103KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
103KB, 960x720px
A.M.A.
>>
>>18455072
Great image name
Vete en paz hermano
>>
>>18455072
that's a beautiful Santisima Muerte, why is she not on an altar where she belongs? Also, clean your gun.
>>
>>18453423

>duendes

Lower tier angels kicked out of heaven down to earth for being annoying little shits (they aren't "evil" so they weren't send to hell), they are immortal and get bored because of it so they enjoy playing pranks on people, they have golds hat they hide in used potty pots and buried undergroud because they are greedy and they rather have it full of shit than humans having it.

Other versions says that children can see them so the duendes enjoy getting those children lost in forest because they are assholes
>>
File: statues-at-san-agustin[1].jpg (65KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
statues-at-san-agustin[1].jpg
65KB, 550x412px
From Colombia, the things I remember:

The further away you get from the city, the more crazy stuff you find. My mom was friends with a guy they called "El indiano" and he was into herbs and healing and shamanism. My mom also told me the first wife of my father tried to curse my sister by giving her a doll that made my sister sick, and my mother didn't find out herself, but rather a black lady told her in the street while they were waiting in the line for a bank "your daughter is too beautiful to be hurt in this way, I will explain to you what is going on" and then she realized the turtle doll could be the catalyst. Once they got rid of it, the symptoms disappeared.

If you move to the area known as "Los llanos" (plain regions where mostly cattle is raised, also part of Venezuela) they have lots of stories about old ranchers moving cattle who have encountered weird demon-like creatures, or specters of dead people. A very known folk story: "Juan Machete"; a man who made a deal with the devil who appeared in front of him as a black bull. There is a famous casette recording where they sang the story, hear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeDRaZdzeSQ

Then you have people in towns relating stories about cries in the night , "La llorona", a woman whose baby was born dead and now she goes around the world crying. Other famous entities are "El duende" a gnome-like creature who likes to play jokes on people and do bad things to them, or "La patasola"/"La madremonte" these two are usually connected to earth spirits and they attack people who walk alone into the woods or who are not respectful with nature.

You also have figures like "Ekeko" which brings good fortune and prosperity into your home: http://www.advocacynet.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Ekeko-picture.jpg

I've always wanted to go back and explore these things further. Poor countries have much to offer, perhaps because people have had to find ways to work around the hardships of life
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.