[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philip K. Dick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Man in the High Castle.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Man in the High Castle.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
The man who wrote 'The Man in the High Castle' said in 1977 that his works were actually what we would now call 'Mandela Effect' and that we live in a computer programmed world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXeVgEs4sOo

Thoughts?
>>
Yes, PKDick did suffer from amphetamine induced schizophrenia.
>>
>>18452800
go read a Philip K. Dick book, nigger
>>
>>18452811
Not an argument.

The most prophetic people have psychotic tendencies, because it makes them see through all the bullshit we are programmed to learn as a kid.
>>
File: 38039303O92.jpg (45KB, 542x513px) Image search: [Google]
38039303O92.jpg
45KB, 542x513px
>>18452820
>The most prophetic people have psychotic tendencies

related picture of a holy man
>>
>>18452820
what?
>>
File: IMG_20161223_224602.jpg (714KB, 1235x1886px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161223_224602.jpg
714KB, 1235x1886px
>>18452820
He's right, you know.
>>
>>18452831
>>18452843
They tend to go crazy because their experiences don't match this reality. Only very few can channel it and see it in it's perspective. Fear makes someone crazy and then they label them schizophrenic while they are actually gifted with large psychic ability.
The higher your ability to "see" the more you are confronted with your fears, which you must deal with before it becomes a beneficial gift.
>>
>>18452865
They just hate being normal.

Expend five minutes with them and you'll understand the term "special snowflake".
>>
>>18452877
I'm not talking about edgy teenagers who polish their nails black. You probably never met a real psychophrenic person.
>>
>>18452889
Oracles given to me by schizophrenics lately:

"Mankind made fire 60,000 years ago"
"It's their system of total control"
"Nicholas Cage and John Travolta are god."

Make of these what you will.
>>
>>18452899
>the most psychic people have psychotic tendencies aka chizophrenia to a degree
>all chizoprhenic people are psychic and tell the truth

Pick one. Only one.
>>
>>18452905
Deconstruct the binary.
>>
>>18452800
My thought is Philip K Dick was fucking nuts, but he wrote some good, thought-provoking stories.
>>
>>18452913
Every day.
>>18452800
>deja vu = mandela effect
No. What Philip K. Dick talks about in that video is deja vu, and he draws the conclusion that flashes of what will happen in the future that come true is an indication that human beings exist in a simulation that involves repeating events. It's an apples and oranges comparison.
>>
File: FEAT_PHILLIPKDICK_byJeffDrew.jpg (70KB, 480x408px) Image search: [Google]
FEAT_PHILLIPKDICK_byJeffDrew.jpg
70KB, 480x408px
Philip K Dick should be an absolute god here. I would def recomend Valis and Radio Free Albumuth as recommended reading to anyone and everyone basically. Definitely if you have any sort of sense of a god in your life. I ended up getting into it just around the time I started seriously questioning atheism due to some strange experiences I had had at the time and it's judt always crazy weird things that match up in religions, esp including people's self-discovered ones like Phil's. Also I think any /pol/acks out there would def enjoy Radio Free Albumuth and all the gov control tactics described. Also recommended reading would include Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch, A Scanner Darkly (if you saw the weird anime'd-over movie and didn't get it, read, super good) and of course Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.
>Will stroke Philip K Dick on /x/ anyday
>>
>>18452800
Philip K Dick is an actual lunatic and I can't believe I'm discussing him outside of /lit/, where his fans defend him fervently
>>
>>18453363
What is there to defend? He was a lunatic that wrote awesome books.
>>
>>18453389
I forget but on lit we tend to fight about everytning, it might've been something as silly whether he was really crazy and why or he was faking kt
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.