[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk podcasts? The dump seems to be pretty minimal. I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 768613191_1563e95bbe.jpg (86KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
768613191_1563e95bbe.jpg
86KB, 500x322px
Can we talk podcasts? The dump seems to be pretty minimal.
I'll start

Non-Fic:
Last Podcast on the Left
Lore
Thinking Sideways

Fic:
Alice Isn't Dead
Knifepoint Horror
Tanis
The Black Tapes

Also, does anyone else think My Favorite Murder is shit?
>>
>>18451060
I love all those choices but I haven't heard 3 of them. My favorite is knifepoint I'm so sad I listened to them all
>>
File: Nosleep.Christimas.2015.jpg (594KB, 674x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Nosleep.Christimas.2015.jpg
594KB, 674x1000px
I never understand why The Nosleep Podcast doesn't get mentioned like, ever. Sure there's a bias towards anything Reddit-related here, but it has such a solid atmosphere and a wide range of stories, all interesting enough to deserve a listen, in my opinion.

Their original music and sound design combined with a wide cast of narrators always immerses me right into the world they are creating. Now when I try to listen to other horror podcasts, I miss the music and the ambiance too much.
>>
>>18451124
No sleep and knifepoint were what got me into horror podcasts
>>
>>18451105
they just released a new episode
>>
>>18451124
I just haven't jumped into them fully yet.
>>
Unexplained is a pretty good non-fic podcast
>>
>>18451060
Henry, Marcus and Ben plz go.
>>
>>18451131
Whoa! Is this becoming a regular thing or is it a rare occurrence?
>>
>>18451060
Last Podcast and Knifepoint are the best.

I'd highly recommend Sword and Scale for true crime

Also early Welcome to Nightvale was great (before they started bringing in guest voices and ongoing storylines)
>>
>>18451060
Paranormies are my favorite:
https://youtu.be/b_Ee8vijgSM
>>
I can only pay attention to podcasts if I sit there and listen to them without doing anything. Anyone else have this problem?
>>
VERY good nonfiction is Sword and Scale. A lot of fucked up shit happens in the world and this guy tells the stories in the best way
>>
>>18451425
>>18451717
Sword and Scale is my go to for true crime. In the Dark was a good series along with Serial if you guys haven't checked those out. Up and Vanished is another I'm listening to but still on the fence. He claims he has good sources for things or something happened when he was off the air that keeps me skeptical about it all.
>>
>>18451124
nosleep is pretty hit or miss for me but its the podcast im most excited for when it gets a new installment
>>
What're your thoughts on The Simply Scary?
>>
File: zodiac.jpg (67KB, 718x920px) Image search: [Google]
zodiac.jpg
67KB, 718x920px
Any good podcasts with zodiac killer episodes? I really liked the two Generation Why episodes, i need more
>>
Give Casefile a shot. The host is Australian so his voice takes some getting used to. Also he focuses more on Australian crime, which is kind of cool. It's a change of pace from the usual American crime stories.
>>
>>18451686
Nah, that's the great thing about them, you can go for walks and get work done while you listen. Books totally immobilize you.

Favorites:
Paranormies
Strange Matters
Unresolved Podcast

I listened to Generation Why for a while but they're basically rambling, unfocused and silly, podcasting at its worst.
>>
>>18452621

https://soundcloud.com/lastpodcastontheleft/episode84-unsolved-serial-murders-part-2-the-zodiac-1
>>
>>18451686
Sometimes if the story is too in-depth but if I really can pay attention I like listening to d&d podcasts like nerdpoker or adventure zone
>>
>>18451060
can we talk about that ass? Anymore?
>>
>>18451060
Black Tapes writing is annoying as shit

>I had a phonecall.
>A Phonecall?
>Yes, from a woman.
>A woman?
>Yes, she asked for Dildo.
>Dildo?
>Yes, Dildo is a guy.
>A guy?
>etc
>etc?
>yes, etc
>etc?

That and the fact that use David Cummings
>A package
>>
>>18451124
Nosleep ebook anthologies are bretty good, the quality control there is pretty strict.
>>
>>18451060
Does The Black Tapes get any better after the first tape?
>>
>>18451060
t h i c c
>>
>>18452842

Is paranormies really the best that TRS could come up with about this topic?
Fucking Johnny monoxide?
Why couldn't it be some who takes it more seriously and actually makes effort?
>>
>>18453410
Oh yeah the picture is great. I'm proud of it.
>>
OP here I'm gonna check all your suggestions out.

Maybe I'll make another r post in about a month or so and we can all make more suggestions based on what we have found.
>>
Here are my favorite podcasts, in no particular order:

>Into the Fray
>Brutal Ends
>What Lurks on Channel X
>Astonishing Legends
>Expanded Perspective
>The Night Time Podcast
>STRANGE Podcast
>Strange Matters Podcast
>Mysterious Matters
>LORE
>Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
>TANIS
>The Black Tapes
>Mysterious Universe
>>
>>18454113
Johnny's a good host. It's a good balance of fun and seriousness.

He knows when to shut up unlike Sven. Good crew.
>>
reccs i havent seen itt so far
>magical mystery media
two dudes talking paranormal and conspiracy going over the news and reviewing documentaries/movies regularly. they keep a good pace and have a good time while still disagreeing at times.

>Rune Soup
A legit chaos magician (Gordon White) talking magical shop with other magical folks. it get weird but they also cover a lot of occult history in some shows, other shows are more just focused on the guest.
>The Higherside Chats
mostly conspiracy focused. i thought i would hate the host when he followed me on twitter a few years ago but it turns out hes a pretty even handed guy even with the craziest of guests.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.