[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me choose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1481044621260.jpg (5KB, 196x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481044621260.jpg
5KB, 196x250px
Hi /x/,

I'm a 18 y/o, baptized when I was 3 months old ( ty Christian - Orthodox fuckers ), haven't attended a Church meeting/event for 13 years, haven't prayed, pretty much lost faith in this Jesus dude.

Anyways, I am looking for a religion, cult, whatever it might be, which could help me improve my life. I'm obese, a heavy smoker, alcohol consumer, introverted, depressed and I lack motivation to do anything.
>>
That won't give you fulfillment or fix your problems
>>
Stop looking for a goddamn copout. If you want to improve your life, nothing is going to do that except for you. no divine being is going to suddenly lift you up, make you swole, make your dreams come true, lose weight, gain money, whatever it is you want. you are in control of your life, now go do it fucker.

not even trying to be harsh here, but I was in the exact same position as you 4 years ago, and I wished someone had told me those exact words. Best of luck to you friend, now go out and make life your bitch.
>>
>>18448193
THIS
I'm in the same boat as your rn op, and I know what I'm supposed to be doing, which is manning the fuck up
>>
Everytime I see someone claim to be 18 on 4chan it just reeks of underage b&.
>>
>>18448180
>Anyways, I am looking for a religion, cult, whatever it might be, which could help me improve my life.

Here is a list of steps to improve your life:

1) Quit smoking and spend the extra money on your favorite foods to distract your brain from addiction.

2) Go to the gym at least three times per week. Start with small weights to gradually acclimate your metabolism.

3) Quit drinking, and make new friends, in a setting with a balanced gender ratio, where you will not be tempted to alcoholism again.

4) Find a girl with whom you can be friends. And, be extra nice to her if you want to develop a relationship.

5) Come back to /x/ and read about esoteric topics once your life is in order; then you can find a spiritual path without the risk of other people taking advantage of you.
>>
>>18448180

You need to look inside your heart and love yourself brother.

The only place you need to look is inside yourself.
>>
Buddhism..
>>
>>18448180
lower your expectations.
>>
>>18448279
This is the best advice.
>>
>>18448180
Go to Christ. You're lucky your parents wanted to baptize you in the first place. Mine didn't and now I have to facilitate myself at 18
If you follow His light, it makes shit way better. Don't tip any fedoras or any of that faggot shit.
>>
>>18448267
(you)
>>
>>18448483
Thank you for the kind appraisal.

>>18448582
OP should find an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting at church.
>>
>>18448267
I'm 18 and have been on 4chan for about 4 years
>>
File: Shiva_2.jpg (30KB, 258x347px) Image search: [Google]
Shiva_2.jpg
30KB, 258x347px
>>18448180
If you are looking for serious self improvement, Shiva is the ultimate aesetic.

But such changes come from serious breaks from your life and even serious divorces from things you consider important to you
>smoking, etc

The change comes from within, but it's already there. You just have to realize it.
>>
>>18448180
You don't want to be in a cult, that will just restrict you further.

You already know what you need to do to improve your life. You just listed the first few things you don't like about yourself that came to mind. Your own self loathing will be your motivation.

If you REALLY want to join something and be someone else's subordinate, go join a gym and hire a personal trainer.
>>
>>18449602
>THIS
DO NOT join a cult OP.
Be incredibly careful when engaging any new faith.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.