[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trendy asceticism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: bullshit.jpg (29KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
29KB, 620x412px
whats the verdict on this mindfullness feelgood bullshit. Is any of this reflective of the actual teachings of Buddha or is "pray the sadness away" in a new wrapper. what are some actual effective esoteric practices for conquering your demons
>>
Either ignore them or stare them down and fuck them.
>>
>>18447200
It works for the most part though. It's just positive thinking. You have to think this way to progress in life. I think OP is mad the people around him are happier than him.
>>
File: rabberrt.jpg (156KB, 332x430px) Image search: [Google]
rabberrt.jpg
156KB, 332x430px
its engineered. this new form spirituality will be the one religion to unite the world. paired with a one world government we will be able to unite and enter the galactic stage as a whole.
its still in beta testing tho and will take time to understand the effects of this religion on all the different personality profiles across the globe.
>>
>>18447242
I mean yeah, I am, I know it's shity so I pretend I'm not seethingly jealous because that's a shity way to be and now I'm venting and asking for an alternative on an anon conspiracy board.
>>18447276
from my understanding the one world government is engineered to make us docile. Wouldn't feeding us this patronizing doctrine be a perfect way to make us docile. it's a philosophy of "accepting" and being ok with everything so you'll be smiling all the way to the mass disposal facilities
>>
>>18447344
>it's a philosophy of "accepting" and being ok with everything
This really is not what "mindfulness" is about. It may have become touchy feely bullshit when absorbed and taught by touchy feely people, but mindfulness is, in itself, not biased one way or the other. Mindfulness is about intent, its about maintaining intent in all things and remaining mindful of your actions and thoughts, performing actions only with specific intent, and finding intent behind all your thoughts. Its about not letting actions start becoming automated or permitting your mind to run wild without questioning the thoughts.
>>
File: red.jpg (81KB, 745x694px) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
81KB, 745x694px
>>18447344
you're right. but these sheep need shepherds. and a shepherd knows when to be 'evil' for the greater good of the flock. if you cant grow because other people bother you then you might be a sheep.
you seem smart enough to know how the game is played, so play it.
>>
>>18447363
so it's about analyzing cause and effect of actions? how does that combat the negative. everything I was taught before I bailed on it implied that you need to accept the negative and NOT try to change it, just be ok with it or worse yet look on the "bright side". what is the good shit I need to be reading? Not the pop psychology.
>>
>>18447402
go read the story of the vinegar tasters
>>
>>18447391
So treat others the way the NWO would treat them, acquire power get peace of mind?
>>
File: index.jpg (9KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 201x251px
>>18447200
>stare them down and fuck them.
That's hott
>>
>>18447391
that's darth maul from startrek
>>
File: 85207065.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
85207065.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
>>18447435
try it, if it works for you and you feel better about being you then stick with it. some examples of this are revenge on your enemies (not the innocent), calling a company when u get fucked on a product, be vigilant, dont take no for an answer. if you see yourself in a situation where you know you're gonna stay up all night thinking about how you should of handled it differently, then handle that shit differently right fucking there.
however, im not knocking on the 'helpers high' lots of people fell good when they make other peoples lives just a little better everyday. a simple smile to a stranger or a compliment will change the world around you. but dont do this at the expense of your own happiness. you come first. remember that.
if it feels good do it. thats god telling you that you're on the right track.
>>
>>18447189
Fight them with what weapons you have or be consumed and recycled.
>>
>>18447189
It's bullshit if you ask me. Everyone has their own path, following a trendy bullshit might work for a few people, but overall ensures that normies stay normies.
>>
>>18447402
>analyzing cause and effect of actions
No its more about doing everything deliberately and being mindful of the ramifications and energetic outcome of those actions. Not letting yourself just go on autopilot.

I have heard that there's little point trying to change the negative by further negativity, but Ive never heard not to try to rectify it. I.E. if someone is being a dick you need to examine your intent for engaging them. most often, it's not going to result in positive change, so its better to focus intent elsewhere.
>>
>>18447189
Self absorbed person with an entitlement complex the religion.

You too can be an actual god!
>>
>>18449166

>Self-absorbed

This guy is closer to the truth than most. This wave of "midfullness" mentions something like ego-death in passing, but everything you read it is about YOU

>hurr durr examine YOUR thoughts
>hurr durr examine YOUR actions
>hurr durr YOUR MIND OVER MATTER MY DUDE, FLOAT TANKS

Never once you're asked to consider something outside your immediate horizons, but at the same time told not get angry and not to think naughty thoughts. It's just rebranded Solipsism that will make you more imbalanced actually

it's a pretty clever mindfuck
>>
>>18449205
something always bugged me about this movement. I thought it was just the hypocrisy of shallow corporate types indulging in the extravagances that Siddhartha walked away from and still thinking they can find the middle way.

you're absolutely right it's like half chaos magic and half kindergarten. by dumbing the principles down you lose the point entirely
>>
What if it's okay to be angry? What if it's okay to show genuine, sincere disgust towards a passive-aggressive parent, a backstabbing coworker, a corrupt superior, or just someone who enjoys creating pain? What if the thing you are so struggling to suppress is the real you?
>>
>>18449727
being okay with it doesn't make it go away. I've made peace with a lot about who I am. yes it's okay that I feel this way but it's not viable to keep banging my head against a brick wall, its not something I "want" to do. I'm looking for what mindfulness seminars promised which is a way to change the way you think, the way my brain processes but I was mostly met with >>18449205
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.