[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time travelers for hire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (52KB, 731x825px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52KB, 731x825px
Any knowledge of time travel or time travelers welcome

Especially backwards time travel
>>
>>18446859
sure man, pay me and i'll travel anywhere you want
>>
>>18446859
Whaddya want to know?
>>
I'm listening. Let's talk over the terms.
>>
>>18446859
Is this one of those roleplay threads or are we talking about real time traveling
>>
>>18446900
Define real time traveling lol
>>
>>18446859

see: time dilation & time distortion

experience: this one time I tripped on lsd
>>
Looks like a cone of vision
I like to take trips
>>
Since time is affected by gravity, you need to develop an apparatus that shields, from gravity waves, the apparatus producing the shield and yourself. Then start playing around with it and optimizing it.

This would send you forward into time due to 1+(2V/c2), V being gravity. (Time would move slow for you, fast for everyone else)

What is 1 in the equation? The bare minimum movement of time. What exactly is it? We don't know exactly. You would have to measure it, you little time pioneer. The only problem with the concept of a bare minimum movement of time is that if it is infinitesimally small that activating your potentially impossible machine for a nanosecond might send you to the end of the universe.

Anyway, if you get that working, slowing down time should theoretically be possible by amplifying gravity in some kind of localized gravity well, which which be great for doing homework right before class.

As for going back in time, I can't even imagine how this would be done. Maybe if you go far enough into the future we will have figured it out.
>>
>>18446859
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AGcHwwQ24I
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 472x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 472x338px
>>18447616
I already know of a gravity shield but when and where it is however is the problem
>>
>>18446900
No this is not role play
>>
>>18448263
Dude....
>>
File: alcubierre-warp-drive-manifold.jpg (14KB, 220x234px) Image search: [Google]
alcubierre-warp-drive-manifold.jpg
14KB, 220x234px
>>18447616
According to Alcubierre theory you could travel inside normal time, by folding space in front of you using the warp drive.

By using his solitary wave solutions, you could, theoretically, be able to use locality principle in special relativity, to create a vortex that could change your position in time. This is supported by superluminal action and the studies of John Bell, now that hidden variables of quantum superposition are no longer a problem.

Now I don't know how to make the warp drive, the Thoracium core drive, allegdely used by the TR-3B could solve the warp problem. But in Alcubierre theory you can only move forward in time.

And I think that traveling to the future it's more fun if you do it the old fashion way, one day at a time.
>>
>>18448312
always wanted to ask:
Will Alcubierre rekt anyone outisde the craft in the nearest proximity? ty
>>
>>18447616
>nanosecond
>travells to the end of the universe
>-guys, you invented travel backwards yet?
>'Nope'
>FUCK!
>>
>>18448337
Maybe it's a cycle and you can go forward to the starting point again.
>>
>>18446859
You can't exactly travel though time; technically you are traveling to parallel universes. The reason you are able to arrive in different stages of time is because of the curved shape of the megaverse. It's pretty much impossible to get back to your time or should I say universe. The place you return to may look like your home, it may be exactly like home but it's really another parallel universe. The people you left when you originally traveled are still sitting there waiting for you to return. There's also a chance another copy of you that traveled across parallel universes may of returned to your home thinking it's theirs.

It has actually been theorized that if it wasn't for 'time travel' all the countless parallel universes would of been exactly the same and that it was the catalyst that caused them to branch out.
>>
File: 1414743884002.jpg (7KB, 186x200px) Image search: [Google]
1414743884002.jpg
7KB, 186x200px
>>18446859
Time travel is impossible as we know it. There are theories that messages can be sent backwards in time though (thanks to quantum nonlocality.) , but you would need a machine to recive the message. So to be able to send messages through time you first need to invent the machine,
>>
>>18449033
What is quantum nonlocality?
>>
>>18449039
First of all you have to understand the difference between normal, Newtonian mechanics and quantum mechanics. In quantum mechanics there’s something called the uncertainty principle. There’s a lot of things that are definite in the way that Newton looked at things, that are indefinite in quantum mechanics—energy and momentum and position and so forth can be not-well specified in a quantum mechanical wave function.

In a quantum mechanical system, you can divide it into two pieces—for example an atom that’s two photons can be split to go in opposite directions—then there is a connection between the two pieces because the properties are unspecified because of the uncertainty principle, yet conservation laws still tie them together. If you make an measurement on one of the pieces it affects the possibilities of measurement of the other piece. This is called quantum nonlocality.
>>
File: 1385049234001.jpg (91KB, 636x900px) Image search: [Google]
1385049234001.jpg
91KB, 636x900px
>>18449044
There are these non-local correlations between two separated parts of a system and they look like nature is communicating between the parts faster than light and backwards through time or whatever you want to call it.

It seems to indicate that one could use quantum nonlocality for communication by breaking up a system into two pieces, and if you caused one of the photons going one way to behave like a particle then the other is forced to behave like a particle. If you force it to behave like a wave the other photon behaves like a wave also.
>>
>>18446986
Drink liter of vodka fast
You will wake up in future
>>
>>18449053
Either that or you don't wake up.
>>
>>18446859
[spoiler]backwards time travel is impossible[/spoiler]
you gotta go fast to go into the future
>>
>>18449020

This almost aounds like the tv series "sliders" as for parallel universes and trying to get back to their own.
>>
>>18446900
every thread like this or how to summon succubus, or teach me magic is always roleplay anon
>>
>>18446859
I am mad scientist. Its soooooo cool!
SUNOVABITCH
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.