[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paranormal Massachusetts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Massachusetts.jpg (23KB, 641x302px) Image search: [Google]
Massachusetts.jpg
23KB, 641x302px
Anyone on /x/ know cool paranormal places in Massachusetts? Looking for a haunted house to check out
>>
Masshole chiming in.
There is enough spooky shit in every single town, city and woods. Seriously just drive around and you will find something eventually. I know of the Bridgewater Triangle, which is said to have all sorts of strange happenings, genocided Native Americans and demon legends.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgewater_Triangle

Some others off the top of my head:
>Various Boston Graveyards
>9 Gates Cemetery
>Westboro State Hospital Complex
>Clinton Factory area
>Woronoco MA
>The Quabbin Reservoir (research history)
>Boardlands Park
>Mt Graylock and Western Mass Appalachia (cryptids)
>>
File: oliver_house.jpg (92KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
oliver_house.jpg
92KB, 960x960px
>>18438771
The Oliver House in Middleboro

This one is creepy. Been there personally. History of the property is mighty interesting.
>>
>>18439904

Oliver house is pretty close to this Bridgewater Triangle too. Which has some crazy shit associated with it as previous poster indicated.

Also - the former Metropolitan State Hospitalin Waltham has some funky stuff going on too. Most has been demolished but the Grounds are still there and at least 1 building.

http://opacity.us/site20_metropolitan_state_hospital.htm

http://paranormalnewengland.com/metropolitan-state-hospital/
>>
>>18439904
Ever been to any of those?
>>
>>18439904
Also: Westborough*
>>
Boston area people can anyone confirm the legitimacy of three gates in Dedham? It was buzzing when I was in middle school and may have visited when I was damn near blackout drunk before leaving for college
>>
>Lived near the Bridgewater Triangle in a small town
>Have baby brother in next room
>He starts crying instead of just asking for his mobile to be wound up like a normal person
>Start to get up when I hear the mobile start chiming away
>I didn't hear footsteps
>Get spooped and go into spy mode
>Sneak out my open door to look into little brothers room
>Ready to yell for help if it's not mom or step dad
>Nobody's there
>>
>>18438771
The entire town of Salem.
>>
Gloucester sucks ass man. There's nothing just a bunch of drugs
>>
>>18442603
Well no shit.
>>
I'm from the greater boston area and have never heard of the three gates of Dedham
>>
and 413 checking in
>>
>>18441584
Why the fuck would I post it if I hadn't been there?
>>18441590
Thanks for the grammar, townie.
>>
>>18441590
It's OK, you only need to correctly spell Marlborough, the rest are just suburban hamlets.
>>
The old Paul Dever School in Taunton. Went there about a half dozen times in college. It has a long history of alternating between being a mental hospital, then a POW camp. Best place I ever took LSD, but don't go in the sub-basement tunnels.
>>
>>18438771
Fuck Massachusetts learn to speak proper english ya mushes fucking queeas
>>
>>18442603
>>18444358
I've had things happen in my house, and it my friend's house but I don't think there's any like.. haunted SPOTS in salem? Though my friend's house is like.. in the center of a triangle formed by drawing lines between three of the cemeteries in salem.

I can share some personal stories if anyone would like, but I don't know if that's what this thread is looking for haha
>>
File: IMG_6723.jpg (70KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6723.jpg
70KB, 600x600px
Hey, we don't come to your state & slap the dicks outta your mouths, do we?
>>
>>18445377
Sure. Go ahead.
>>
>>18442603
>>18444358
>>18445377

That dude Damien Echols from the West Memphis 3 lives there now. Have you ever run into him? He just had a birthday last week..
>>
>>18445372
Oi fuck you m8
>>
File: vegan.png (227KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
vegan.png
227KB, 500x357px
>>18438771
I'll just dump everyone I can think of
>Prison camps in Rutland:
Not the biggest place, but it has cement cells and a vegetable storage room still somewhat intact that are fun to go through
Rutland Heights was an abandoned mental hospital with old syringes and other creepy shit lying around, sadly it got demolished.
>The Mill in Holden:
Pretty cool but Holden cops are assholes, my neighbors went with some of his friends and had 9 cop cars and a K9 unit called in on them. Basically there's no real crime so the cops just go after anything.

There's also a lot of abandoned factories around Clinton and Hudson but make sure you're not in a shitty area, Clinton is alright for the most part but Hudson is awful.
Pretty much everywhere else has been stated but to elaborate on Salem the good areas have become tourist traps but I definitely wouldn't say they're overrated so go when it's not Halloween season
>>
>>18438771
Check out the various woods in Needham.
There used to be an estate of an eccentric, very wealthy man who had bear cages, caverns full of spooky statues, etc.
http://archive.boston.com/yourtown/needham/articles/2010/04/08/little_remains_of_19th_century_eccentrics_wondrous_estate_in_needham/
Not a lot remains but you can still find the fragments of statues and cages if you look around enough.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.