[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOMEONE TEACH ME HOW TO LUCID DREAM PLEASE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_mdrebon0Zk1rofwkio1_1280.jpg (73KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdrebon0Zk1rofwkio1_1280.jpg
73KB, 600x338px
SOMEONE TEACH ME HOW TO LUCID DREAM PLEASE
>>
>>18435609
WHO SAYS YOURE NOT DREAMING RIGHT NOW
>>
>>18435609
dreaming is like disk defrag if everything is ok you get to lucid dream
>>
>>18435617
Elaborate please boss.
>>
>>18435609
From what I've heard, you should write down all of your dreams and do reality checks
>>
>>18435621
when you dream your brain wants to tell you something usually you feel something during the dream thats the message when you acknowledge the feeling goes away

when everything is ok your brain wakes you up and you lucid dream

When you lucid dream you use the right side of your brain exclusively else you wake up
>>
JUST LIKE.... FALL ASLEEP BUT.... DON'T FALL ASLEEP BRO... THAT'S ALL IT TAKES....
>>
>>18435833
No you fall sleep at some point your brain wakes you up inside the dream then you have control to exercise control you have to use the right side of your brain. Instead of thinking logically you have to feel. For example if you want to open a door you have to imagine you are touching something metallic if you instaed try to move your arm to open it nothing happens

If you want to fly you have to evoke the feeling of falling which is similar to what happens when you ride an elevator

and so on.

The moment you think why or how something you wake up

your brain wakes u up you cannot control that without it enabling you
>>
>>18435885
You have to use what you've experienced in life with your 5 senses. If you dont know how something is done try to evoke the feeling of the closest to what you want to do. You might not know how a table you see feels but you know how a table in your kitchen feels. So you evoke that feel and then in your dream you will be able to touch the table.

If you attempt to move your arm to touch it instead nothing happens at all.

If you want to do something you saw in a movie you have to imagine how you felt during that scene in the movie or the sound the feeling in your eyes when you saw it etc but thats kinda hard cause you might end up imagining yourself watching the scene or if you want to self insert youll end up seeing hte characters do what you wanted to do instead
>>
>>18435609
First go like this, spin around. Stop! Double take three times: one, two, three. Then pelvic thrust! Whoooo! Whooooooo! Stop on your right foot, Don't forget it! Now it's time to bring it around town. Bring-it-a-round-town. Then you do this, then this, and this, and that, and-this-and-that-and-this-and-that, and then...
>>
>>18435885

When I lucid dream, I "will" stuff to happen.

If I want to fly, I just kinda command myself to start flying and then I can fly. If I want a door to open, I just think about it opening and it opens, and so forth.

Protip; obviously we experience lucid dreaming differently, but when I feel that i'm starting to wake up I look down and spin in circles, 40% of the time it will keep me from waking up.
>>
>>18435609
lainchan has an entire board dedicated to it
>>
File: derp-derp-derp.jpg (29KB, 540x464px) Image search: [Google]
derp-derp-derp.jpg
29KB, 540x464px
>>18435609
Why the fuck don't people like you just GOOGLE shit? Why do you insist on being spoon fed information? Really, you can learn everything you need by doing a QUICK FUCKING SEARCH.

With that said. Watch a movie called 'Waking Life', your welcome.
>>
>>18435609
You put the weed in the coconut and you smoke it all up.
>>
Tibetan Yoga of Dreams and Sleep. It's on amazon.
>>
>>18435609
Send me $500 and I will.
>>
>>18435667
>What are punctuation marks
>>
A logical step would seem to keep a dream journal.. I know for a fact that it allows you remember your dreams more vividly...perhaps eventually allowing lucid dreaming, I always got burned out after a few days of writing out a couple pages of detailed dream recalls before work. I would really love to do some lucid dreaming..but waking up an hour early just write in a fucking journal is a hardship...I might give it ago again this winter.
>>
>>18435609

The anon who posted this is not liable or repsponsible for any loss of cats, damage of property or any form of harm to the lucid dreamer with examples like being trapped in the astral realm, swarmed by a succubi, crippled by astral monsters, etc.

Read this first:
(1) you'll feel vibrations before entering lucid dream state, sometimes it's too intense
(2) you'll hear random stuff. ignore all those sensations. you might try to move because you feel paralyzed. just ignore your inability to move
(3) mind is 100% conscious and you can't move body but you can see anything you imagine and even feel
(4) if you wake up immediately after vibrations you'll feel like your body is burning hot from within
If you wanna stop because it feels too intense or you're scared then just try to scream or focus on moving any one part of your body.

Avoid: having pillow on top of you. or a very thick blanket.
it caused me sleep paralysis at one point it felt like there is something heavy on top of me which prevents me to breathe and wake up and it felt like hours had passed with me trying to wake up. Try to turn away/around or lean forward if this happens. It's like lucid nightmare so avoid pillows on tummy or very thick blankets.

Introductions aside here's the meat:

there are 3 types:
>before sleep
>in the dream
>pre/post-wake up
>>
>(1) before sleep
-most effective method

Just remind yourself 'the reality' before entering sleep state.

Close your eyes but don't make them relax. Try to focus your eyes like you're looking at something when awake. Feel your eyes. Stop turning or moving around - it's best to do this method if your body is really tired.

>(2) in the dream
-a little bit hard because you might still make it through your sleep cycle without getting in lucid dream state but still good method for beginners.

Just remind yourself 'the reality' while under sleep state.

A 'reoccuring dream' can also put you instantly in a lucid dream. We sometimes repeat dreams or continue them. I found out about this when I started writing down dreams. If you feel that the dream is like a 'deja vu' or know what's going to happen (aha! this is a dream) then you can choose to either: go lucid or wake up. You'll still feel those weird body vibrations tho.

If you've failed then write down your dreams immediately after waking up because or else you'll forget the details in a matter of minutes! Don't open your eyes immediately because the moment you open your eyes your dreams will slowly fade away. Keep a journal near you. Summarize in as few keywords as possible. I used to write them down in my nokia phone with T9 keypad with my eyes are closed.

If you can't blind-write or blind-type then you may try opening ONLY ONE eye. I do this now because I'd upgraded my phone to a smartphone and touch qwertykeys sux. If you open two eyes your memory of dreams vanish faster than having one eye closed!
>>
>(3) pre/post-wake up
We sometimes wake up before the alarm right? This is by far the easiest. You're at the sharpest state of mind before the wake up call and can also do false lucid dreams - "you're closer to the finish line" moment. You can also see an outline of your room with your eyes closed like echolocation.

Just relax your body but don't move after your mind and eyes are in the 'awake' state. Don't open your eyes. If you opened your eyes accidentally but still feel sleepy/sluggish then do a nap "five more minutes" right? You can repeat naps then remember your previous dreams until you go lucid.

There's also another method and it is probably the most effective maybe it only works for me.
(1) count your average sleeping time
(2) divide sleeping time into 4.
(3) Subtract 1/4th sleeping time to your alarm. If you sleep (or wake up after) 6hours then subtract 1hour 30min to your alarm clock.
(4) if you're done sleeping and the alarm woke you up then write down your dream or vividly remember its details
(5) take a nap, last sleep cycle
(6) ??? high chance you'll repeat the previous dream in your last REM stage, if you remember the details of the last REM stage dream you'll be conscious of the dream and start feeling weird.
(7) have sex and consume your astral virginity
>>
>>18435609
Lucid dreaming is nothing more or less than becoming aware that you're dreaming. At this point, one usually obtains a certain amount of control over the dream (or wakes up).

To do this naturally, look up reality checks. Basically, you figure out what tip-offs your dreams give you that they're dreams. Then you make a habit of frequently checking for those things while awake, ingraining a pattern that you should repeat while asleep.
>>
>>18435609
Keep a dream journal, the exercise it provides not only aids dream recall but also makes you more aware while dreaming.
A good result is being able to remember 3 dreams with good detail.

Practice mindfulness or reality checks. Mindfulness is preferable, because it's the awareness you have to cultivate that's the thing that helps with RC, not the RC themselves (just RCing is useless, you have to be aware when you do).

Cultivate intent to rember dreams and become lucid before going to sleep.

Then there all the usual methods, MILD, WILD, DILD that are enhanced by WBTB (Wake Back To Bed). Check sites like dreamviews for details and variations.
You can also try meditating 20 minutes right before going to sleep.

WILD is generally harder, few people can pull it out without much practice. That's not a reason not to try, even I who sucked badly managed in the end, although at this moment I'm not having much success due not to practicing.
As other people wrote in this thread when WILDing you might experience vibrations, paralysis, hallucinations or random sounds. Or just go straight into dream without any of that.
Going into a lucid from awake is very satisfying. Best time to try is during afternoon naps or WBTB.

It all comes down to practice, at my best I managed to get 3-4 lucids a week, some even quite long 15-20 minutes, or even chaining lucids for like 14 times.

Meditation can help focusing your mind and keep the lucid longer.

If you need the guidance of a book I can suggest "The Tibetan Yogas Of Dream And Sleep", if you really follow the steps outlined (which is a mix of all the techniques) you are guaranteed to succeed.

Dream recall is the stepping stone, start with that.
>>
>>18435616
4 spoopy
>>
File: guide.png (59KB, 1663x346px) Image search: [Google]
guide.png
59KB, 1663x346px
1/3
>>
File: newtechpreview.png (76KB, 1661x636px) Image search: [Google]
newtechpreview.png
76KB, 1661x636px
2/3
>>
File: techniquefull.png (177KB, 1639x1250px) Image search: [Google]
techniquefull.png
177KB, 1639x1250px
3/3
>>
I usually don't even dream (or supposedly do but don't remember), so how the fuck do I start a dream journal?
>>
File: ''.png (931KB, 1000x713px) Image search: [Google]
''.png
931KB, 1000x713px
>>18436867
Dream the biggest dream you can think of-- and then double it
>>
>>18436867
When you go to sleep tell yourself you want to remember the dreams.
When you wake up stand still and try to recollect, you may get a feeling or a vague memory. It get easier the more you try.
>>
ok OP here goes. 3 easy steps. should take about a week to get the hang of it.

1) ask yourself mentally "am i dreaming rn?" and do sonething to test it. i usually pinch my nose and try to inhale. obviously irl you won't be able to, but in a dream you won't be limited in that way.

2) do reality checks like that at least 5 or 6 times a day. and always just before you go to sleep.

3) set an alarm for about an hour before you actually have to wake up. stay awake for a minute or 2, do a reality check, then go back to sleep. this is a good habit to get into as you will go straight back into REM sleep, making it more likely you'll become lucid.

sooner or later the idea of a reality check will occur to your dreaming mind, and you'll do it, and sure enough you'll be able to breathe in.

any questions let me know man, I've been lucid dreaming for about 3 years now.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.