[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creepy or unsettling games thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 14

File: Oneiro.jpg (131KB, 1239x476px) Image search: [Google]
Oneiro.jpg
131KB, 1239x476px
Let's talk about spooky computer games in this thread. Preferably weird one-off indie titles like The Deadly Mission and pic related, but anythings fine.
>>
>>18435155
source for the pic? I couldn't find it on web searchenings with name or itself
>>
>>18435171
Pic is from Oneiro, I found it at https://fyndr.itch.io/oneiro

>>18435155
To clarify here is a list of games that I've either tried or heard of. Most of them are on itch.io but some you have to search a bit for

The Deadly Mission
Oneiro
Bubsy 3d: Bubsy visits the James Turrell Retrospective
Crypt Worlds
Goblet Grotto
worlds.com
01-10 Org
Groove Club
Call of Dudley
Good Morning Commander
Cement Mixer Simulator 2003
2:22 am
#21: The World
>>
>>18435155
OP have you checked out uboachan? Might be what you're looking for
>>
condemned criminal origins was scary as fuck
>>
>>18435155
Started working on a horror game recently actually. Want to set it in a ghost town around Ohio.
Suggestions?
>>
>>18435828
Make the Ohio drivers less retarded than irl
>>
File: shadowman.jpg (27KB, 472x464px) Image search: [Google]
shadowman.jpg
27KB, 472x464px
It's old as fuck now and possibly hasn't aged well if you're playing it for the first time. But to me this game has always stuck out as being scary as fuck. The atmosphere, the music and the concepts of voodoo magic and demons is spoopy as fuck. Even now, 15 years after i played it for the first time it freaks me out.
>>
>>18435828
Central Ohiofag here. What do you want to know?
>>
>>18436148
Any specific locations or anything I can Google for reference or inspiration? At the moment I've been looking at Moonville tunnel and "Helltown"
Any specific forest areas maybe? I don't live there or even America so I need to use photos for reference to make sure I make it look accurate.
>>
File: Virulent_Underchambers_cave.jpg (366KB, 884x550px) Image search: [Google]
Virulent_Underchambers_cave.jpg
366KB, 884x550px
There were some generally creepy places and moments in Fallout 3.
>>
>>18435828
I'm doing the sound design for a German horror game. Or I was until he went quiet about production. We shall see where it goes
>>
Guys I don't think OP meant horror. I took it as games that aren't horror but for some reason came off as super unsettling anyway.

For me, Myst on PC did this. Super weird vibes and atmosphere of isolation yet being watched.
>>
>>18435155
I'll suck Glitchhiker's dick till the end of its days.

http://glitchhikers.com/

It's just fun to drive around, it's only half an hour long, but the atmosphere is something wonderful.
>>
>>18435837
Confirming. Every female that gets onto a highway, immediately gets in the left lane, talks on her phone, and goes 55 mph. Spooky af.
>>
>>18435353
Those fucking mannequins
>>
If you're looking for something PC only outlast was fantastic. Multiplatform though alien isolation and evil within are incredible
>>
File: glitchhikers.jpg (102KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
glitchhikers.jpg
102KB, 1920x1200px
>>18436628
Forgot to post a pic
>>
anyone know of this obscure game called 16/???
>>
>>18436683
I really like glitchhikers it's a shame it was made by silverstring media who are basically the rothschilds of the indie games developers
>>
File: IMG_3492.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3492.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
The first Halo always came off as unsettling to me even before the Flood was introduced, there's just a sense of total isolation in the game.
>>
>>18436859
Well, the setting is pretty much in the buttfuck nowhere are wrecking on an alien world nobody knows about, and then only gets worst from there.

The ending always fucked with me until Halo 2 and the novels. I always wondered how the Chief would survive being trapped in a Longsword in deep unknown space
>>
>>18436862
>in the buttfuck nowhere are wrecking on an alien world
Am I on fucking drugs or something, jesus christ

>in the middle of buttfuck nowhere after wrecking on an alien world
>>
STALKER was always pretty unsettling to me, especially when I was traveling through the zone at night.
>>
File: Dunwich_building.jpg (618KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Dunwich_building.jpg
618KB, 1680x1050px
>>18436430
more like a lot...
going underground at all skeeved me out
>>
Watever Kitty Horrorshow makes, but this one in perticular:
https://kittyhorrorshow.itch.io/anatomy

Also Hollow Moon (which requires Unreal Tournament 2k4 to run, pirate will work)
www.moddb.com/mods/hollow-moon
>>
Surprised Cry of Fear hasn't been mentioned. One of my favorite games.
>>
>>18435155

Cinderella Escape. It's meant to be an erotic game, but it's just extremely unsettling, creepy and macabre, with no music, dark environments, and a constant gloomy mood
>>
>>18436339
Look up Gore Orphanage. It's just an urban legend but I've been to the supposed site (it never existed) and got mild spoops
>>
File: tf-3.jpg (229KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tf-3.jpg
229KB, 1920x1080px
Don't know if this count's but "The Forest" is by far the creepiest shit I ever seen.
Probably because it came out of know where but when you enter the cave you find some creepy shit. Pic related.
I played for like 5 hours but once I found that I promptly quit playing the game as I'm a pussy that can't handle shit
>>
Does Ib count? Perhaps it wasn't as spooky as some of the other games listed, but I think it warrants a mention.
>>
File: maxpayne.jpg (32KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxpayne.jpg
32KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: Battler_monkey.png (5KB, 228x228px) Image search: [Google]
Battler_monkey.png
5KB, 228x228px
I would highly recommend LISA if you're looking for something that isn't horror but gets very close to it. It also has a really good story and soundtrack.
>>
>>18438830
Bought this in early alpha. I'd just camp out on top of the jet until they patched it. Now, after I saw one of those octo-limbed goons comin for me, I am afraid to play it.
>>
>>18435155
Lsd dream simulator.
>>
>>18438927
Meme pasta bullshit
>>
File: Illbleed (AIA) [NTSC-U].jpg (3MB, 2770x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Illbleed (AIA) [NTSC-U].jpg
3MB, 2770x1350px
Casting my vote for illbleed

https://youtu.be/yFPiKgjW7L4

Bit goofy but still unsettling.
>>
>>18438939
Have you played it?
>>
>>18438946
obviously he hasn't. that game is nightmare fuel
>>
>>18438946
Yeah I have. Actually have the rom right here. Bullshit. Would much rather play silent hill, resident evil 3, or evil dead hail to the king
>>
>>18438953
I bet you have built up smegma on your penis head nigger
>>
File: nice_try_faggot.jpg (137KB, 796x564px) Image search: [Google]
nice_try_faggot.jpg
137KB, 796x564px
>>18438959
He mad kek
>>
>>18436678
Outlast is multiplat
>>
>>18439773
I stand corrected
>>
File: spppoop.jpg (65KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
spppoop.jpg
65KB, 1000x800px
>>18435155
lasagafield is bretty spooky.
http://gamejolt.com/games/lasagafield/189482
>>
File: forest.png (40KB, 290x182px) Image search: [Google]
forest.png
40KB, 290x182px
>>18438917
>>18438830

man the fuck up niggers
>>
>>18435353
underrated game
>>
>>18435828
Focus on atmosphere my nigg
>>
File: afaf.png (72KB, 800x135px) Image search: [Google]
afaf.png
72KB, 800x135px
>>18440085

Game is scary for about 20 minutes, after that it's a mindless base-builder full of squeeky prepubescents who build autistically gigantic bases for no reason.
>>
I don't know why, but I find "the corridor" pretty unsettling. It's just something about the color scheme and setting that reminds me of some place I can swear I've seen or been to before when I was younger, but I just can't remember when or where. Might just have been a dream that's been twisted into a foreign memory.
>>
Any game that makes you feel isolated, yet for some reason it feels like you're not alone is the real unsettling factor for me.
>>
hello kitty island adventure
>>
>>18438830
You guys know it just got an update to open 'the door' right? Either play it soon or watch out for spoilers
>>
>>18440976
Where can I download?
>>
The Forest is a shit game that could've been great, but it pursued the early access route.
>>
There was a thread a few years back about someone joining some ancient multiplayer virtual world from when the Internet was still new. From what I remember the users would be able to browse the Internet in 3d space or create and design their own rooms.

He was posting the old rooms that people created and the few people he found who still played. Anyone know the name of the game or the website to play it if it is still up? It was all around unsettling, mainly for the people he encountered who still used it.
>>
>>18435178
>bubsy 3D
Wtf
>>
>>18441885
worlds.com?
>>
>>18436146
This. A lot of voodo & occult stuff inside.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LssV6qngP6A

BeamNG gets pretty spooky at night, because it just gets so pitch black dark.. and you're the only car there, on these huge maps, isolated.. Alone

(Though you can spawn up other cars and set them an AI to just roams around, but it's still very WIP. They usually end up stuck on a big rock, get wrapped around a tree, or smashing head-on with each other.. It's terrifying at night to come up on an isolated, quiet scene of a car crash where no one obviously survived)
>>
>>18441885
Hmmm I had a HP computer that advertised this as a pack in feature. I still use the weird ho keyboard as my main keyboard . It's solid as fuck!
I think there is even a button on the keyboard that was meant to launch this work.
Circa 95 I think.
>>
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/what-is-going-on-in-this-bizarre-3d-world-756
>>
Sacrifice has so great unsetling character designs.
>>
>>18442280
>>18442362
>>18442376
Wow, this brings me back.
Back in the day, I used to use this to meet up with friends.
I think a lot of the "creepy" factor comes from it being deserted and dated, because in its heyday, this was the tits, not scary at all.

Meeting up with my buddy on an x-files themed world, then wandering around exploring was always great fun. Until your parents told you to log the hell off because the modem was tying up the phone line.
>>
>>18436859
same. playing combat evolved is one of my earliest gaming memories after a few conscious memories of dialup days. I think it was just xbox limitations that made it feel that way. Landing on halo for the first time, those few minutes of getting your bearings before the banshees flew overhead was pretty ominous. Like something should be happening but nothing was.

That feeling was welcome in the ruins though, very monolithic.
>>
>>18436533
Myst definitely had a spooky quality to it.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.