[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe in past lives?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (6KB, 256x172px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 256x172px
Okay so I normally don't do this...but I have always had the sense of living a past life. No specifics but I have always felt displacement. Like I was a different person before.

Anyone have that feeling too?
Do you have an idea of who you might have been?
Ever get the feeling you know someone even if you barely met them?
Do you feel you are different from the person you used to be?
>>
>Anyone have that feeling too?

Yes

>Do you have an idea of who you might have been?

Maybe, I'm more connected to who I knew than who I was, though.

>Ever get the feeling you know someone even if you barely met them?

All the time, but that's more a consequence of being connected to everyone.

>Do you feel you are different from the person you used to be?

We change every single day. You're constantly making choices that change the consequences. Even by not making one, you're making a choice.
>>
>>18434378
I'm highly skeptical about it. Everyone who buys into the idea of past lives always says they were some big fuckin celebrity. Seriously, not one person I met who believed in that shit thought they were just some normal jackoff in a past life, they always have to be a special snowflake of some sort.

Also, if reincarnation/rebirth were true, why does everyone say they were always human in each one of them? If there's other forms of life in the universe (and probability says there is), why would nobody's soul ever get incarnated on those worlds? We don't have any real reason to think that all of our souls would be limited to only incarnating on this planet and nowhere else.

Similarly, why would we expect our souls to incarnate in a linear pattern? By which I mean the idea that you always get reborn at a later date from your past lives' death? Why would non-physical souls be limited to following the rules of this physical universe? Why couldn't you ever get reborn earlier in the timeline of this planet from your last death?

Maybe there are actually reasons why these things happen the way they do, I don't really know for sure. It's just an odd thought that reincarnation would work specifically in these seemingly arbitrary ways.
>>
>>18434378
Yes, OP. But I also seem to be more aware of my self in the spirit world as I'm living this life too. I have fallen asleep before, stepped outside onto my back porch, and calmly discussed my fuck ups with two men I seem to know but who I've never met. I remember these things every so often.

Also aware of my life before earth but I was never incarnated before. I remember thinking "being born" was a stupid idea. I clearly remember several experiences before human life.

I have a few vague memories of being part of a group/team watching over some family years before I was born. No paved roads or cars yet.

In answer to your question, I feel like a sleeping version of my real self. Sometimes I can't believe I'm such an idiot when I step outside my human body. Other times I think I'm more an idiot when I'm not in the physical body.
>>
My younger brother had a past life. He was a farmer, not some famous king or whatever like a lot of past life people claim, just some unknown farmer.

We only know because when he was little he'd tell us stuff occasionally.

One time we got some goldfish from the fair - "I used to have goldfish when I was a farmer"
Another time we saw some highland cattle for the first time in a field whilst on holiday - "I had cows like that when I was a farmer"
When we asked him to elaborate he told us he lived in a house and had a wife but he didn't have a tractor.

He doesn't remember any of this now though
>>
i used to not believe, now i'm not sure what i think

a few years ago a girl i ended up dating did a past life ritual to explore the strong connection between because she never felt anything like it

i didn't believe anything would happen, but i was wrong

the ritual brought a lot of memories rushing back and her and i had memories of a life we had together, different perspective same memories

i would test things by leaving out details when i'd discuss them, and she'd always manage to fill them in

she did another ritual because i asked her to because i had memories of my fiance now from then as well, and all three of us had matching memories

a friend who likes research and who is open minded listened to all of the memories and was actually able to narrow everything down to a very specific 40 year span that the events could have taken place

everything was historically accurate, down to some of the smallest strangest details in spite a previous lack of knowledge about the time period

it's weirder and more complicated than all that, but it's the reason why i'm here on /x/ trying to find the occasional serious thread or person to try to learn

i don't know much about this kind of thing, i was an atheist who didn't believe in anything paranormal before this so i'm very out of my element

>>18434423

opium addict prostitute in ancient rome, it's more complicated than that but that's the best description, mostly gay male clients

380-420 ad is the possible time frame

death from "murder" (i requested my throat being slit) - suicide with current fiance

there's an entire lifetime of memories that are floating around in the back of my head

when i was in rome in this life (pre-memories) i felt like i had been there already, said to my fiance it felt like home, and i could find my way around the streets in some areas without getting lost just through an odd sense of familiarity

>>18434378

yes to the first three, no to the last i haven't changed much
>>
If you believe in a soul then it's possible. Or this feeling could just be another facet of human personality that we don't understand yet. But like >>18434423 is saying, the way it's typically described seems way more simple than what it would probably be like if it existed.

One thing I have an issue with with this post is the point about time. Our perception of time is linear and moment to moment so it could just be an issue with that but if you think you could be "reborn" earlier in a timeline then you would have to assume that time isn't linear and that every moment is happening all the time.

Maybe all those people (furries) who claim they're animals were actually animals in their past lives.
>>
>>18434423
I'm having recurring dreams which are pretty well sequenced, despite being dreams and I always seem to remember them to detail after awakening, much like a retrieved memory. In these dreams I see myself as a sheriff in a dirt poor community, in a wild west setting and time. I also have a strong feeling about a particular horse. Now mind you, I'm not american, nor do I like the period or anything, nor do I like sheriffs or shit, and especially I don't really have an opinion on horses, but all this seems really familiar somehow. I even tend to actively avoid watching films or documentaries of that setting as it somehow makes me uncomfortable. I'm not claiming anything here, just contribootin to the thread. Make what you will of it.
>>
>>18434685
I suppose the linear timeline thing does make a few assumptions of it's own, I guess to my sensibilities it would seem like time needing to be linear would only be true for things that are a part of that physical universe. We wouldn't expect souls to be affected by gravity, for instance, because gravity is a physical force in our universe. If the flow of time is similarly a physical force in our universe (as the phrase "spacetime" would suggest), then it would not make sense for souls to be bound by the constraints of time any more than the gravity example.

>>18434582
>>18434713
Memory is a tricky thing. Your brain can create memories of things that have never happened, look at the fiasco surrounding the use of sodium pentathol to help supposedly traumatized people remember their 'repressed' memories of the traumatic incidents, particularly repressed memories of being raped. In many cases, the brain of the 'victim' simply created memories of rapes that never occured. All it took, aside from the drug itself, was a psychiatrist asking them loaded questions (meaning that the question was phrased in a way that implied it did actually happen) and the brain just started inventing memories of things that never happened, because that's what it thought it was being told to do.

I know I personally have extremely vivid memories of things in my childhood that everyone says never happened. Even a few of those false memories were if somewhat recent occurrences, such as what happened at my families' last Christmas gathering. Admittedly these are very minute differences from what actually occured, so it's not like I had fabricated entire memories of the experience. But if it's that easy for the brain to change the details of a memory then it's likely not much harder for a brain to actually make entirely false memories. Point is, you shouldn't trust your memories to be terribly accurate, or for all of them to have even occured at all.
>>
>>18434378

I feel like a lot of the issue is the language we use, we say 'past lives', which implies there is a constant soul / self between lives, I prefer the 'collective unconscious' language, implies that all lives exist simultaneously, and are available, on a deeper level, and when you have a 'past life' experience you're just tapping into one of those other lives, other selves. From my personal experience with psychedelics, I'm of the belief that there is oneness, and everything else that has separated out from that. To say a past life is 'yours', that 'you' lived as a middle ages king, to me is silly, they're all the same thing, from the same source energy, experiencing itself for it's own amusement. 'You' are just the godhead, manifesting an illusion of 'self', so that the godhead can forget who and what it is, so it can experience the joy of finding out who it is, over and over again.

Past life / collective unconsciousness are just words we use to describe an experience we have, they're not the experience. Besides, it's always intent + action too, if you want to believe in past lives, you will find every piece of evidence to make that reality so, just like if you want to prove past lives don't exist, you'll do the same. You're always right :P.
>>
>>18435802
Gravity and time are experienced differently though. Maybe it's just that I experience time in a certain way and so I'm biased to think this way and find it hard to think any other way but for a soul to not be constrained by time and be able to travel to different points in time, time would have to be constantly happening. That is, every moment in time would have to always be happening. This is my problem with time travel too. If you were able to travel to the past you would have to have a past to go to. Same with traveling to the future. If you could travel to the future that would mean that the future has already happened and every moment is always happening to be able to travel to. It probably is just my (and humans' in general) experience of time coloring this though but I still have no idea how that would physically work.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 198x255px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 198x255px
>>18435802
Xo we should trust the agreed upon narrative over our own memories. Understood, anon. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>18435930
Sounds like a Mandela Effect faggot got loose in this thread. God forbid you admit that your brain isn't absolutely perfect at everything.
>>
I'll try and recall some of the things my parents and Aunty told me I used to say up until the age of three or so.

I used to always talk about the family I had before my current one. Parents and two older sisters. In that life they had all died in a car accident, travelling along a dirt road but crashing into a fence next to a gate. I was the only survivor and went to live in an orphanage after that. Apparently I died fairly young.

I used to talk about my "other" or "real" mummy a lot. Not sure if it was the same woman as car accident story.

I used to point at a photo of my mother's parents and talk about how I used to drink tea with the woman, "but I don't see her any more". (My mother's parents had passed before I was born).

Other little things I said were that I used to live in a town where all the buildings were white and the church had a big spire. How I knew the word 'spire' at that age I have no idea. It wasn't the only weird word I used though. One day my Aunty was wearing a shirt with tartan print on the pocket, I told her I used to wear tartan similar when I lived in the white village. Also one my Aunty offered me some apple pie and I declined saying I don't eat cinnamon.

Just little things a child that age likely wouldn't know.

The final weird thing I said not long before I stopped recalling all this stuff was that I was sent 'down here' by my younger brother and another man and they told me I was going to be here for a long time.

Kinda cool I guess but not as cool as the ritual anon earlier in thread did where they could recall everything down to a 40 year period
>>
>>18435802

i know memory can be a tricky thing, but this was all more complicated than that and a lot of our discussions of it were through text messages

i would write something down and i'd tell her some of it while leaving out details and when she'd tell me it back she'd fill them in

aside from that there were strange dreams, and other things that went on before and after

i tried to record as much of it as i could because it was easier to believe i was going crazy rather than what was going on

do i know for sure it was a past life memory? no, but that's why i'm here i had a very narrow view of the world outside of the tangible and i'm curious about the intangible because of a lot of things that happened

but that was a strange experience, and i want to understand it on as many levels as possible

i understand skepticism, i'm skeptical myself, but you have no background info on myself or the experience and everything that happened

i know all about false memories as well, obviously i've considered the possibility

if my experience led me to believe in past lives absolutely i would have said i believed

i'm just sharing an experience, one other people could also relay to you
>>
>>18434685
>Maybe all those people (furries) who claim they're animals were actually animals in their past lives.
Somehow I think there are actual humanoid animals that exist somewhere that are similar to us. After all, we are just highly evolved "humanoid" versions of monkeys. Imagine if tigers or bears or zebras became as humanoid as mankind? Then there would be real life "furries."
I'm not a furry, but it would actually explain a lot of weird fetishes. The former life crosses over with them into the next one and manifests as a sexual identity in their subconscious mind.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.