[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Subliminal/Binaural beats/Frequencies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 14.-water-texture.jpg (88KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
14.-water-texture.jpg
88KB, 600x450px
I see those on youtube a lot, claiming they'll fulfill -insert thing people want to change-.
Most in the comments that notice change might be placebo however.
What are your experiences with it?
Do you think it works?

I know I tried once, half-assedly due to doubt. Something did actually happen though.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 193x261px
This happened a few years ago. But this is my experience. I had never heard about sleep paralysis or the things people see in it before this happened.

>be me
>learn what lucid dreaming is and want to have one
>start looking into how to induce one
>start doing reality checks during the day and all that shit
>learn about binaural beats as a potential way to induce one
>look some up on youtube, download, put on ipod
>seems pretty harmless, like white noise or something
>at the time, slept in a loft bed
>just a foot or two from the ceiling
>Go to sleep with my headphones in, listening to the binaural beats

>didnt have a lucid dream
>woke up in the middle of the night
>couldnt move anything besides my eyes
>not sure if actually paralyzed or just scared stiff
>right above me on the ceiling is three, faceless, shadow men crawling around in a somewhat circular pattern
>Venom from spiderman except made of smoke
>they dont seem to really be looking at me
>dont want them to
>manage to move just enough to tug the headphones out of my ears
>close my eyes and go back to sleep hoping for the best
>never fuck with binaural beats again
>>
It helps induce a more lucid meditative dreamstate.
>>
>>18431765
I actually use a couple of tracks I've found for sleep, especially if I'm pressed for time and can only take 20 minute nap. Way better rest than without
>>
File: IMG_0398.jpg (128KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0398.jpg
128KB, 750x1334px
It worked amazingly well the first time. But each time I've tried since then hasn't been quite as good. But I am in a plateau state with my meditation progress so that could be a factor.
>>
>>18431765

I spent a few months reading up on binaural beats some years ago, trying to find the hard research backing up all the claims. What I found was that most of the people asserting that they had a significant effect on brain activity were citing an old study from the 70's that had literally nothing to do with brainwave entrainment. More recent studies were scarce, and either assumed the effect off the bat or failed to demonstrate experimental rigour. Others were just blatantly garbage.

Maybe they work, maybe they don't. What I do know is that you can relax yourself by listening to all manner of droning sounds, such as simple oscillating waveforms or grey noise. As far as changing something, by which I think you might mean something like psychotherapy, I would be extremely doubtful of such claims.
>>
This is the same shit chris-chan listens to to become a woman. So unless you think an infected wound in your taint is a vagina, you would say it's not real.
Maybe it works as a placebo but what doesn't?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.