[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reincarnation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: Reincarnation2.jpg (687KB, 1056x1106px) Image search: [Google]
Reincarnation2.jpg
687KB, 1056x1106px
Does anyone here believe in Reincarnation? And if so what caused or influenced you to believe it?
>>
>>18429178
I knew it since I was a kid. Just knew, nobody told me. Never doubted it.

It doesn't make sense to believe in an afterlife if there isn't a beforelife.

I always experienced myself as an eternal being.
>>
>>18429205
Pls explain how our population keeps rising if we are all in an eternal loop.
>>
>>18429178
I believe reincarnation is a comforting thought to those that have led difficult and unfulfilling lives.

It is a great way to ignore the incomprehensible horror of the infinite.
>>
Some people are reincarnated, some are new, some exit the cycle.

You can kind of feel it. Some people feel like they're an old soul, some feel they're a new soul. There's new entry into consciousness.

Reincarnation is definitely a possibility but why are new souls present? Dunno.
>>
>>18429212
Because Earth is not the only planet with sentient life.
My first theory for the enormous rise in population is because another planet died and their souls moved here.
My second theory is that you can reincarnate in alternate timelines, but timelines are now converging into one which would bring all the souls in the same timeline.
>>
Absolutely. We have a mind that exists outside of physical reality and it chose to incarnate into this reality for the purposes of spiritual learning.

This is all a dream! But like, an educational dream.
>>
>>18429224
I feel God is like a big fireball and our souls are the parks that "leave" God for a period and have to find their way back through reincarnation.
>>
>>18429225
Thank you for your swift reply. However I am still very sceptical about your theories.

How is it possible for souls/spirits to move such great distances?

Why would they travel to earth? How do they know about earth?

Where were the souls created? How?

Was there spirits/souls before the creation of the (or /our/) universe? What did they inhabit?

Respectfully,
T.Asatru
>>
>>18429231
Could be. Its a trial of faith to see if you can return to divinity or just be mired in the cycle.

Can't say for certain but if that's the case I'm not doing well. I remember short bursts of at least 2 past lives.
>>
>>18429231 (continued)
A big ball of consciousness if you will. Every spark (soul) is a fraction of that consciousness and ventures out into the dark, which means they "forget" about unity and see themselves as seperate. This explains why young souls don't know about love and don't have much of conscience (yet) and do evil deeds.
Some souls venture farther out than others, every spark has a unique path, but they all desire to come together eventually and return to God.

By God I mean literally the source which our souls are from. So not like the semetic God who is a seperate being who rules over us.
>>
>>18429236
Space/time is the dimension we navigate in

It is not the only dimension

And not only that, but other entities may completely ignore space/time entirely.
>>
>>18429239
I believe you can have 1000's of past lives. It doesn't matter it's not a race to the finish line.

Your soul doesn't care, it's eternal.

>>18429225
>>18429231
>>18429250
These are my posts.
>>
>>18429205
>>18429224
>>18429226
Thanks for the replies anons. How did you deal with skepticism in regards to this? Like I'm sure before you started believing you had your fair share of skepticism, right?

>>18429221
However, what if the infinite is a "incomprehensible horror" only because we cannot yet comprehend it with our current form or current state of mind? By no means I'm trying to contradict with what you said, just asking another question.
>>
>>18429221
>>18429260
The infinite is only horror if you are scared of it. Fear is trying to see in the dark without turning on the light.
>>
>>18429260
The nice this about being pragmatic is that I dunno if its just something I manufactured to myself for a comforting connection to my ancestry or if its real.

I have certain affinities I can't explain, a calling to certain arts but I can't quantify it so I don't try to explain it past that point to others.

As far as I understand I can just be adept at the things I choose to do and not be a reincarnation of X or Y.

So I just allow healthy skepticism from myself and others.

>>18429258
Definitely a possibility.
>>
>>18429260
>However, what if the infinite is a "incomprehensible horror" only because we cannot yet comprehend it

That was my point.

People tend to dream/bargain rationalize themselves out of things that are difficult or frightening to deal with.

>I am not dying! I am merely in the processes of ascending to a higher form.
>>
>>18429282
t. bodycuck

>believing the "I'm my brain" meme
>ignoring the countless out-of-body experiences
>>
>>18429269
>The infinite is only horror if you are scared of it.

It is also impossible for us to comprehend. The concept of a room with no light does not begin to scratch the surface of this primordial fear.
>>
>>18429295
Look at light as peace and confidence and darkness as fear and horror.

I'm not afraid for infinity at all. It feels like being a fish in a great ocean of possibility.
>>
>>18429260
>How did you deal with skepticism in regards to this?
I got cancer and then started shitposting on /x/ and watching Alan watts videos.

I beat the cancer btw.
>>
File: anno fire.jpg (57KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
anno fire.jpg
57KB, 500x385px
The idea or implication that I chose this life and this time and place of my own free will is almost equally horrifying as nothingness.
>>
>>18429290
>believing the "I'm my brain" meme

No, I believe I am a soul inhabiting a biological vessel that is gradually degrading as time goes by.
>>
>>18429328
Okay, I though you said people believe in the afterlife only because nothingness is scary.
>>
>>18429305
>I'm not afraid for infinity at all. It feels like being a fish in a great ocean of possibility.

I do not think you would be quite as brave if you where laying on dessert floor with a sucking chest wound while we scramble to save your life?

No one is...
>>
>>18429331
No.

I was referring to the concept of reincarnation.

A concept that materialized later in mans spiritual history, because people found the idea of realm such as the abyss "icky" and unpleasant to think about.
>>
>>18429320
1 what makes you think that reincarnation implies you chose your life
2 what if, when choosing, you know of other higher truths that you wouldn't know in your life, but these truths made you choose the life you chose?
>>
>>18429320
you're put into this life by the way you acted in your past life. Your karma and luck is a way that life balances out the good and bad
>>
>>18429320
>>18429350
This

you =/= your soul
>>
Well when after death bodies get decomposed and become part of the earth it's a sort of reincarnation since from the death of someone we got a new life.
>>
>>18429354
I must have fucked up big time, then, somewhere along the way.
>>18429357
But where's my (me), then? Was (me) ever seriously a thing in the first place? (eva pic omitted)
>>
File: IMG_1050.jpg (141KB, 634x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1050.jpg
141KB, 634x800px
>>18429178
I don't know why but I always felt this was the case and I grew up a Catholic. I thought we could always be re-birthed. Not in the Hindu way.

Later I would get flashes, images, and memories from long ago. This more so with people I know and once knew way before.

I can see TV programs, old books, and photos of places I've never been to and then suddenly see things from a different time.

Only you can forfeit or transcend this life
>>
>>18429373
You are your soul, but it doesn't "think" like you. It isn't bound by your body experience. It "talks" to you, some call it intuition.

You know those moments when your brain tells you a certain decision seems right, but it feels wrong? That's your soul talking.
>>
>>18429269
>>18429295
So basically at this point we can't comprehend how to turn on the light due to the state of our minds right now?

As >>18429282 said, it might be us trying to rationalize it. However what if there's a bigger picture?

Maybe this is also the reason for the "why are we here" questions as well, since they're trying to rationalize it. There are lots of possibilities.
>>
If reincarnation is real, why is there more humans now then before?
>>
>>18429586
>However what if there's a bigger picture?
There is, but we cannot process it. Every second of trying to comprehend "the all" feels somewhat like starring deeply into the sun on a cloudless day.

>Why are we here.

I know why I am here, it took decades to figure it out.
>>
>>18429603
I agree with you on that. However there's a skeptic in me which says that this too is an attempt to rationalize that so called "fear".

Maybe we just couldn't understand it yet? As they say, "we're afraid of what we dont understand", right?
>>
>>18429714
>As they say, "we're afraid of what we dont understand", right?

Very true.
>>
>>18429212

Because EVERYTHING gets reincarnated into something
>>
>>18429317
Are you me?
>>
File: HolyFeel.jpg (167KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
HolyFeel.jpg
167KB, 800x600px
>>18430116
Literally yes
>>
>>18429752
Makes sense anon. Everytime a person dies somewhere, another person is born somewhere as well. Like an equivalent exchange of sorts.
>>
>>18429178
For me it became a logical inevitability. I looked inside myself to see what was really 'me' and I found the void. The same void that inhabits the rest of you. The same void that contains everything. I do not think that the ego attached to this body will survive beyond this body, they exist together, but the void will continue to exist. I am in that void and it is in me, in every form I will ever take.

The void is God. 'You' are God. Do not Lord it over others though as they are God every bit as much as you are.
>>
>>18432554
OP here.

Reminds me of the verse "Judge not, that ye be not Judged."
>>
>>18429236
They came in DC8's
>>
>>18430424
Don't worry mate, I got that joke
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.