[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have some questions about sleep paralysis and dreams. Most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1479930688125.png (902KB, 624x601px) Image search: [Google]
1479930688125.png
902KB, 624x601px
I have some questions about sleep paralysis and dreams.

Most people who have experienced sleep paralysis say that it's terrifying and spooky.

I've experienced it a few times but it was never even a little bit scary for me. And I'm not trying to be some sort of Imternet tough guy. But I always felt detached and indifferent when it happened to me.

Same with nightmares. I've had dreams that would be seen as scary and disturbing, but at the time I didn't feel scared at all. It was just like watching a movie. I felt nothing.

Is this normal
>>
Oops, OP here forgot to mention that I am a girl
>>
>>18428445
You're not me and no I'm not. Shut the fuck up faggot.
>>
I will describe my experiences in more detail. I want to see if this is normal.

1st one
>wake up hearing voices yelling at each other
>think I left the tv on but eventually I realize the tv is off
>voices stop
>see a dark shadow standing in front of me
>I think it's trying to hand me my phone for some reason
>snap out of it and realize there is nothing there
>go back to sleep
>>
Ecть,тaкaя вeщь кaк Лeтapгичecкий coн,caмoe глaвнoe чтoбы ты вepнyлcя пocлe тoгo-гo,ecли ты бyдeшь cпoкoйным тo ты мoжeшь нe пpocнyтьcя вoвce,a бyдeшь cмoтpeть кaк кинo
>>
Этo вce cны ????
>>
>>18428463
2nd one. This one isn't even scary in an objective sense. Is it normal to have completely benign sleep paralysis hallicinations?

>wake up
>can't move but don't want to anyway
>feel a presence behind me watching me lie there
>I can sense that it is my cat
>almost feel like I can see him at the edge of the bed looking up at me

When I come out of it I realize he couldn't have been in the room because my door was closed.
>>
File: 1248139633251.jpg (26KB, 471x355px) Image search: [Google]
1248139633251.jpg
26KB, 471x355px
>>18428467
>>
>>18428475
3rd one. This one is probably the "scariest" but like I said I felt no fear and was completely indifferent when it was happening.

>lying in bed
>see a man standing above me
>feel hands around my throat
>he is trying to strangle me
>sleep paralysis ends and I realize it's my own hands on my throat
>>
>>18428463
>>18428475
>>18428487
Will somebody help me out

Is it normal to feel nothing during these experiences
>>
>>18428445
>am a girl
post feet and timestamp
>>
>>18428509
That anon is an impostor. I am not a gril

Now please answer my question.
>>
>>18428505
>Is it normal to feel nothing during these experiences
>is it normal to feel nothing
>>
File: 1480018274027.jpg (68KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1480018274027.jpg
68KB, 900x900px
>>18428531
What are you trying to tell me
>>
I've had sleep paralysis my whole life and I rarely ever saw anything that wasn't scary so consider yourself lucky.

I've heard a girl screaming in pain and the sound of her burning in fire.
I've seen the figure of a black dog sitting in my door frame and then it walked behind me and sat by my head.
I've been on my couch in the day time and couldn't move and saw something that looked like my mom peeking from the hallway and put her finger up to her mouth to signify a "shhh" and smiled so fucking creepy and I got out of it.

Most of the time I try to go back to sleep and the paralysis keeps happening over and over again. It keeps me up all night.
What does that even mean?
>>
>>18428580
>I rarely ever saw anything that wasn't scary

Well these two could be seen as scary >>18428463
>>18428487
But I wasn't scared at the time for some reason.

Is it strange to not feel any fear when it's happening? What could that mean? Is there something wrong with me?

Have you had any benign ones like the one I had with the cat?
>>
>>18428580
>my mom peeking from the hallway and put her finger up to her mouth to signify a "shhh" and smiled so fucking creepy

That does sound creepy though anon.

>Most of the time I try to go back to sleep and the paralysis keeps happening over and over again. It keeps me up all night.

That's another interesting point. For me, it never kept me awake. I always just shrugged it off and went right back to sleep.

Is there something wrong with me to be so detached and apathetic to these things
>>
>>18428595

I'm not sure exactly what it means but the ones that aren't scary for me feel more peaceful.

I think it's normal to have paralysis and not feel fear, but I used to think that because of the calmness it might be caused by someone that may have passed in your life trying to enter your space.
>>
If that's true then you've never had a nightmare. It's not wether or not the dream is scary it's wether or not you yourself are afraid. Normal people can have nightmares about fluffy bunnies and dogs when they've never been even remotely scared by them.
>>
Yeah, it is kinda normal. Usually the fear comes after you've realized that you can't move, and your brain starts to make up things, maybe because you can't see anything or maybe because you just woke up. So yeah, nothing to worry about
>>
>>18428505
Relatively normal. Most people respond to being paralyzed with panic, I think this is what turns sleep paralysis and its hallucinations a nightmarish experience. I've had perfectly benign sleep paralysis and I've had scary experiences with it. If i get scared i just hold my breath until i wake up.
>>
>>18428580
Could be you're either restless or too tired. If I'm too tired, i dream very vividly and it keeps me from getting any rest.
>>
So when the sleep paralysis kicks in have you ever thought of trying to roll out of your body or leave it? Relaxing the entire body to a state of "sleep paralysis" is one of the first steps in achieving an out of body experience or astral traveling.

I think sleep paralysis is just people who experience the "mind awake body asleep" state. There are many bodies that each person carries with them than just the physical one. Fear sets in as they don't understand what is happening and I guess it could manifest some weird shit in whatever plane their awareness is in during that time.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.