[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Paranormal Dillemma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: atumblr_o2nwkdpvaz1qhttpto1_1280.jpg (337KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
atumblr_o2nwkdpvaz1qhttpto1_1280.jpg
337KB, 1250x1250px
Why does /x/ appear to eat up stupid shit like Skinwalkers, Djinn, Tulpas & Magic, but turn up its nose at shit that could actually be real like Bigfoot, Dogmen, Forbidden Archaeology (though I'll admit this subject is kind of all over the place), curious space anomalies and so forth?

Or is this simply the result of the double-standard disconnect between roleplaying believer culture on the board and the outspoken critic culture on this board who seem to have nothing better to do than call bullshit on anything and everything here.

Seems the only safe thing to talk about is obvious fiction like Lovecraft.
>>
>>18427975
>Why do some people like different retarded shit than the retarded shit *I* like? :(

Fuck off
>>
>>18427975
Op is an idiot
>>
>>18427975
Nice thread OP. You really accomplished your mission of having more plausible stuff on /x/ by making this bitchy meta thread. The examples of good stuff you listed happen all the time btw.

OP is a faggot
>>
File: 1480140055609.jpg (194KB, 600x415px) Image search: [Google]
1480140055609.jpg
194KB, 600x415px
>>18427975
Ya dun effd up op. You should feel shame.
>>
>>18427975
The more likely something is real, the more uncanny and threatening to the proponents of convention it becomes and the more within striking distance it comes of empirical & academic criticism so naturally the more plausible an unconventional idea is the more open and prone to criticism it is by that very fact of its nature. We see this all the time demonstrated in the scientific community proper anytime a new theory or theorum is presented whether it challenges our current understandings or not.

Stuff like roleplaying magic bullshit is obviously fake so not only is there less of a psychological need to attack it to prevent it from gaining momentum as an idea, but the further removed it is from how we believe the universe works the less tangible subject matter or footing within reality there is to conclusively attack it with.

If someone claims that God exists, but we cannot see, feel, know or test whether he's there or not, then all you can really do is call bullshit on it. However, if someone claims that there's two super massive black holes at the edge of our Universe responsible not only for its expansion, but hypothetical the hypothetical "dark force" we can use what we know (or assume we know) about space and physics to challenge or denounce that idea.
>>
File: psychic.jpg (37KB, 468x357px) Image search: [Google]
psychic.jpg
37KB, 468x357px
>>18427975
>>
>>18427975
Real /x/ died a long time ago. Roleplay fags really ruined this board.
>>
>>18428090
and religionfags too
>>
>>18427975
Well they got the dna of the yeti a few years back. It was a cross breed of a local bear -if memory serves me right - and that of the ancestor of the modern day polar bear which died out about 20,000 years ago.
Case semi-solved.
>>
>>18428071
Quality answer

Some of you are defensive retards
>>
>>18428071
Seriously... you think I'm reading all that shit?

The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>18427975

I never came her in the old days but decided to give it a try cause I enjoy Sci Fi. Always just scroll down to the bottom maybe stopping at one topic. The majority of posts are pretty much peoples blogs about meh spooky times.

Please rate my blog Spooky/Spoopy/ or 2Scurry4Me
>>
>>18428071
+1
>>
>>18427975
>stupid shit like tulpas
Tulpas, good or not, are the only thing out of those that are CONFIRMED real. Not even truly paranormal.
>>
File: 1448605598902.jpg (31KB, 630x405px) Image search: [Google]
1448605598902.jpg
31KB, 630x405px
>>18427975
>stupid shit like Skinwalkers, Djinn, Tulpas & Magic
lul are you retarded or something? that shit is real along with Bigfoot, Dogmen, Forbidden Archaeology. Our world is a really fucked up place.
>>
File: 14a6b17daaa6cb33.jpg (33KB, 875x655px) Image search: [Google]
14a6b17daaa6cb33.jpg
33KB, 875x655px
>>18428243
>>18428262
>>
File: IMG_1196.gif (1MB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1196.gif
1MB, 499x499px
>>18427975
It's the real face of the Internet. It defies logic, and finds truth. Also, RPs and believers aren't always in the same column.
>>
>>18428099
No it was a polar/grizzly (or maybe it was a brown bear idk) hybrid. It looked like the dna of a 20000 year old bear because that was their most recent common ancestor.
>>
Hello

Its me
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.