[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death & Afterlife

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Endless-River-630x420.jpg (35KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Endless-River-630x420.jpg
35KB, 630x420px
What do you think happens when you die?

I know this question gets asked often but I want to discuss it yet again. New people visit the board = new ideas/comments
>>
I'm starting to think we repeat our life. With some differences here and there
>>
>>18424840
When you die, you see lots of colors as your visual corext shuts down. If you are on an operating table you are prone to seeing an approaching bright light. That is actually just the light becoming obscured as your neurons shut down. At first you will most likely feel fear and a sense of urgency. It is however usually followed by calm. As the brain becomes depressive you feel like shutting down and going to sleep. But you know it isn't sleep.

After death it's hard to tell what could be "happening".
>>
>>18424840
The quality or essence of 'life' we call 'alive' is synonymous with death. When all that is left of you is your life, you experience death. When the conscious mind is no longer present.

All that happens is you return to the great void and then after that its anyone's guess if you come back to this plane of existence or another.
>>
All your shitposts come back to haunt you at once
>>
>>18424862
Care to elaborate on why you believe this as opposed to a more traditional belief like reincarnation? I'm interested
>>
>>18424890
Uh oh. I tend to be a bit of a "maybe" poster. I guess it can be worse
>>
>>18424929
Mostly my own madness. Premonitions and such of my life coming true. And the way they happen. And when it comes true it feels like my body is supposed to be in so many different places at once
>>
>>18424840
I get thrown into a grave and slowly forgotten over a small amount of time and slowly eaten by maggots and rot away. The end. From my conscious point of view it will be as if I am and always was non existent there fore I only "live" in the memories of others.
>>
>>18424840
my theory is that you dont really reach the point of death. as you get closer and closer to the time you die, how you perceive time slows down. sort of like a limit as it approaches zero - it never reaches zero and it never stops. essentially, you perceive time slowing down and approaching infinity.
>>
>>18425264
>get old
>body breaking down
>mind slipping
>everything aches
>world sucks

>time is slowing down
>every moment lasts longer and longer
>have to experience these moments of confusion, pain, humiliation, and angst for what seems like eternity

No thanks.
>>
>>18424878
hey thats like enter the void!
>>
http://highexistence.com/topic/consciousness-cannot-experience-death-therefore-we-are-immortal/

Remember this is just an opinion, but it's one that I think makes sense.
>>
The Hindus/Bhuddists got it right, we reincarnate.

Do research on consciousness and virtual reality theory. All the evidence suggests that reality is just an elaborate illusion and that consciousness, "the one who sees" is the only true substance of our universe.

God is real. Karma is real. Karma necessitates free will, so that's real too. The only question remaining is who created the thing that created the thing who created God.
>>
OP, what makes you believe that you're still alive?
>>
I have willingly murdered divine creatures, and now I am bound to serve their kin for the rest of my days
>>
>>18426353
>implying
someone probably just told you this so you'd willingly be their spiritual bitch
fucking illusionists everywhere mang
you'd think the incorporeal would be less full of shit but nope
>>
File: 6mwNqzh.jpg (133KB, 634x408px) Image search: [Google]
6mwNqzh.jpg
133KB, 634x408px
>>18426389
No one told me this

spiders cannot speak for they have no mouths
>>
>>18424878
Can confirm. I overdosed on heroin and aspirated on my vomit and was dead for 6 minutes. It's that and then nothing. It's like a timeskip. Some people would say it's like before you're born but I can't confirm that for sure.
>>
>>18424840
Well if you think about it mate, all our personality and existence is always relating to another human(and not) being. We are sons and daughters, we are brothers and sisters, husbands and wives. We are employers and employees, we are egoists or altruists, we are friends and enemies, slaves and masters, lovers and murderers. We know ourselves ultimately through our interactions with others. If there is a perfect being like God, I really don't see how else it could get to know itself other than this interaction, this existence. This existence. Through all its possibilities, and alternatives. So maybe when you die you wake up again as God. Somehow like when lying in your bed at night imagining how it would be to be together with your crush. Or how it would be to change something about yourself. The other alternative would be that once youre dead, thats it. Oblivion. Im fine with either outcome to be honest.
>>
If reincarnation is true, how many lives do you think we go through before we're done?

I hope it's more than 100. I want to experience the age of robot waifus.
>>
I think we reincarnate.
>>
>>18427356
the only answer is "enough."

but truly, your specific consciousness is unlikely to exist ever again. even in the event of a past life recall you don't take on the memories and exact life of the person you were before you were you, you just gain that knowledge. So really, this is your only life, for this consciousness.
>>
this isn't your first life, this isn't your last life. your life is all life in that all life is the universal life.

your consciousness is unique though, your ego...without ego there is a lack of self, ne? death of the ego is death of the self. death is merely the return of our soul to the universe without the ego. one could fight and hold onto the ego but it is ultimately futile.

it all returns to "nothing." life flows on within you and without you.

i love you more than i can bear
>>
File: tumblr_ocrdh7AvlP1rnuwgzo1_1280.jpg (148KB, 1128x635px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocrdh7AvlP1rnuwgzo1_1280.jpg
148KB, 1128x635px
>>18426406
>what is charlotte's web
if a mundane spider could do it so could some spooky ghost spider
never lose sight of alternative solutions!``
>>
>>18426316
>reincarnate
You're still dead, then. All the memories and personality traits that make you up are gone, even if "your" soul gets reborn in another body.
>>
I think that it would be nice to experience the world as another human being. Anyone else but me to be honest, different feelings, reactions, language, features, aspirations in any corner of the world.

That's because it's unthinkable.

Death ain't so bad, I would like to experience life again but if it doesn't happen and it's just nonexistence I'll be chill with that.
>>
The best I can hope for is that this world is some elaborate ruse and death is followed by a swift departure to somewhere more real and more comfy.

>>18430613
That's still depressing because it necessitates abandoning your own perspective. So that person is doomed to be curious about what it's like to be another person just like you are and in the end you're going nowhere.
>>
Death is not even an experience of darkness.
It is total lack of experience, of any sort.
After death, there is no longer a you, to experience anything,
including darkness.

It might be easier to think about this if you realize that you are not a thing (the physical body, that produces the illusion of your identity), but you are a process (something your body is doing). You are a sort of complex, chemical flame, burning in the cells of a human body. When you die, that flame goes out, because those cells are no longer doing you.

A blown out candle flame does not experience the darkness that results from its absence.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.