[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The universe is gods mind trying to comprehend itself Maybe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 9-1920x1080-hd-wallpaper-185.jpg (210KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
9-1920x1080-hd-wallpaper-185.jpg
210KB, 1920x1080px
The universe is gods mind trying to comprehend itself

Maybe we are just a thought of a god who has infinite time somewhere in the deepest, most isolated darkness of all universes and he thinks us into existence in order to fight boredom and loneliness. He created the illusion of separateness of all things so he can lose his sense of unity and lose himself in his own creation, in order to experience himself from a different angle. The paradox is that in order to feel less lonely he has to experience separateness and then unity again in order to value the unity.

The goal of the universe is to wake up and recognize what it is. The old god is going to die but we can become the new god and create a new universe. Which is our ultimate purpose.

Thougts?
>>
Its a bit of a stretch, you are assuming the being before is conscious.

On a smaller scale, that is like saying the stars are conscious and we are simply star bits divided among them, which will reunify.

God has no mind. It does... it... a disservice calling it a "god." that's not what it is. It is simply all, and nothing less.
>>
>>18420972
Agree almost completely. I've had epiphanies where for days after I could sense God behind everything. He's right there, but it's almost like he's pretending he's not to experience something, or let us pretend we're our own consciousness.
>>
>that is like saying the stars are conscious and we are simply star bits divided among them, which will reunify.
Nice theory. Consider this: An artist needs something outside of himself in order to express himself. Drawings, music etc...

Maybe we are the suns way of expressing itself and it does this with the help of the earth. We are the music of the sun. Via us it becomes conscious.

We should infuse other planets with life and help other stars express themselves. Maybe each star creates unique life. All stars together help a galaxy express and experience itself. All galaxies the entire universe/god.

No the universe isn't conscious (yet). It is our job to infuse it with consciousness.
>>
Why should everyone have to realise this? Isn't the life more interesting when you do not know that it is an illusion? Most of us wants to believe that the world is solid, and these kind of believes serves them. Do you see, that it is necessary for everyone to "wake up"?
>>
>>18421023
Just because it's an illusion doesn't mean there is nothing. It may be a simpler explanation of a bigger truth.
>>
>>18420972
Old rots, new is life. Its pretty simple that a snake sheds its skin, but doesnt die from it.. Still its reborn all the same.
>>
>>18420972
>implying
>>
I had an epiphany while on psys once. I realized I was the same thing as the rest of the universe, (if the big bang is true) experiencing itself. Thus knowing the "purpose of life." So it's hard to argue against for me.

I think trying to tie it into human's fantasies of God just complicates it into something less true. I don't really see the connection between it and Man's personification of it.
>>
>>18420972
what if god is actually a person who is in hell for all eternity created by an even greater and immensely more evil god, and we're all actually nightmares in the mind of a man stuck in hell?
>>
>>18420972
Isn't this Hinduism?
Brahman creates Illusion because it is a play?
>>
>>18423054
You're getting warmer
>>
>>18420972
yeah i have dabbled with the same concept for years however i do not think a concious like the source can die ( i don't like "god" as a term) anyway, we simply transform.

you might like the teal swan videos she does believe the same thing, however she is also an anti vaxxer so ... yeah

>>18423067
yes you are semi correct i believe. this would be the opposite way to seeing things as the one hare krishnas teach prabupadda tought the right hand path, this would be the left.
>>
File: cheech_marijuana_car.jpg (31KB, 539x301px) Image search: [Google]
cheech_marijuana_car.jpg
31KB, 539x301px
ever-complexifying forms of energy conservation vs. the inexorable expansion of the universe? or, in other words, is it all about nothing more than, like, smoke-whorls?
>>
>>18420972
>the goal
This is the only point I disagree on. Goos music and play, dance and drama are beautiful because the point is not an imagined output, the point is immersion in the process itself.

There is no point afterwards, this is it baby!
>>
>>18420972
How do you know I'm not god?
>>
The dance of the universe will continue until the night of Brahma when it will rest only to arise again ad infinitum.
>>
For the most part I agree with the sentiment that the universe is God experiencing itself. I had a bad trip one time on acid, and the feeling of isolation and nothingness is what I would imagine God would have felt before the world was born. During the trip, I believed I was in hell, and it was one of the worst feelings I've ever had. But once I came out of it, it made me value the world so much more than I ever had before.
>>
>>18423108
colder
>>
>>18420972
>. The old god is going to die but we can become the new god and create a new universe.
whats this we business you speak of. from where i stand you probably cant defend yourself from half assed astral projection attacks

how many daggers can one of your eyes swallow when they are thrown at you ? i bet its only 2. what about em field how strong is yours? your probably just a walp.

i bet you havent even flayed a abomination and you sit there ranting about becoming god
>>
>>18425369

I think this happened to me on psyches. It was a very strange feeling and it freaked me out.
>>
>>18425777
You don't come across at all egotistical
>>
>>18423067
Not OP but yes, was going to post the same thing
>>
Don't quote the rift cycle saga ending as your own idea.
>>
>>18420972
the wallpaper is nice
>>
>>18428046

Isn't it?

>>18420984

collective h
>>
File: Vivec.png (3MB, 1290x1260px) Image search: [Google]
Vivec.png
3MB, 1290x1260px
>>18420972
>The goal of the universe is to wake up and recognize what it is.
>>
File: shiva.jpg (757KB, 1816x2439px) Image search: [Google]
shiva.jpg
757KB, 1816x2439px
>>18420972
Boredom and loneliness are still limitations.
Consider another idea: This universe is one among many- the limitations of this universe are primitive; dualistic, survival, etc...
>>
>>18420972
Maybe instead of being far away he just put himself in another dimension that we can't perceive. He would be at the same time close to us and separate
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.