[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/omg/ Occultism & Magic General: Ersatz Boogaloo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 68

File: L0E.jpg (73KB, 589x583px)
L0E.jpg
73KB, 589x583px
Library link:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
/sum/ pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/v6qsewmw
>>
I'm very lonely and will probably die alone. How can I use magic to help my situation? And by help my situation, I don't mean magic to make me attractive and successful, I'm more interested in the idea of summoning spirits to be my friends or something similar. I've tried the tulpa thing, though it's not magic, with zero results because my brain is shitty.

I don't want to sell my soul, make deals with demons or do anything that might get me sent to hell in the eyes of an Abrahamic God.

Also, is there anything that isn't subtle and faith-based? Some quick instant gratification to get me interested enough to get into this seriously?
>>
>>18420951
I would recommend herbs. Or weed. That's an herb too. Maybe some fungus. Psilocybe and/or ergot. None of this will send you to hell in the eyes of an Abrahamic God. And if you really feel bad afterward you can always repent your mistake. I have experimented much with DMT and other substances. I have developed my own language for speaking to entities. I call it geometric grammar. I have managed to partition a segment of my brain to give me advanced cognition. This would be the Holy Guardian Angel of Crowley's system. Or maybe it's a six-foot tall rabbit from Sirius. Who knows? It talks to me and guides me. You can create anything through meditation. Reality is your realization. If you don't feel comfortable with occultic stuff, look into Christian esotericism. The voice of God can grace your mind too :)
>>
>>18420974
>geometric grammar
I read the scientists created something called a "non-linguistic language" in order to talk to extradimensional beings. Not trying to unmeme your secrets, but would you elaborate?

>>18420951
Use sigils you fagboat. Make an extremely elaborate abstract symbol which symbolizes lots of imagined desires. You will feel tired. Then the easy part, do something symbolic with the symbol, to charge, discharge, enact, release, fire, etc. That's sigil magic aka spurdo magic.
>>
File: IMG_0325.jpg (588KB, 3280x1845px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0325.jpg
588KB, 3280x1845px
>>18421076
Different fagboat, maybe a douche-canoe

Further explain making a sigil pls
>>
>>18421206
There's going to be other people, but secretly, I'm probably the best person you can talk to for the succinct tea on this. Yes, they will want to take a crap on my face for saying that because we're all supposed to be brothers and sisters under the moon goddess or whatever, but I just get it. No doubt others do, I suppose I am *one of* the best you get this explanation from.

Because I am a normal person. I am into this stuff while also understanding how retarded it is.

When you use the word sigil you're already in autism territory. What you want is the theory. You don't care about a specific technique, you don't want the ancient names of Liu Kang on a scroll made out of goat's blood, you want theory. How does magic work? And, in regards to sigils, how are they magic? What is the actual theory?

The theory is, art is magic. Imaginary things are real. It's kind of a no brainer, do you remember playing as a child? I never had "imaginary friends", but I made up characters all the time. So did you. The theory is, those characters are real.

The theory of sigils is encapsulated in the phrase written by their inventor, an early 20th century magician and artist, that is "sentient symbols". That's what they are.

This is becoming more clear. I'm a super gay cock loving wizard. I believe imaginary friends are real because magic is real because the universe is consciousness. You could take this in a direction that looks to God, but that's personal. This is technical. So as this cock loving wizard, I want to create an imaginary friend to do something for me.

Are you starting to get the picture? Trying to write this for someone who literally doesn't give a shit, because they are the most deserving.

Spare described his "sigils" as "sentient symbols". Fuck, he might have even used quotation marks, I don't know. He also created what he called "alphabets of desire". This stuff can't be pinpointed exactly, it can't be put in a test tube, it has to be communicated >cont
>>
>>18421310
>cont through writings like this, and like the writings of Austin Osman Spare, which are considerably more advanced than this pile of shit I am writing. However, what I am writing has its value, because he couldn't really explain to normies, and maybe neither can I. If you read all his stuff you will get juiced hard on the ability and understanding of using his system.

You have to understand something like this in order to use it. Surprise though, the human mind understands it intuitively, and the animal mind understands it better. So with all that background, I give you: my summary of sigil technique.

>draw a picture
>it has a magical effect
>>
>>18421317
Well, looks like I accidentally greened part of it, but I don't give a fuck. If you want knowledge, you have to deal with autism. How else are you going to handle Austin Spare.
>>
>>18420951
>I'm more interested in the idea of summoning spirits to be my friends

Abandon that idea. Get interested in the idea of summoning people to be your friends instead.

Solve your issues, overcome your limitations. Stop being a fucking piece of shit.

That's what magick is for.
>>
File: IMG_3390.jpg (173KB, 640x584px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3390.jpg
173KB, 640x584px
So I've been practicing for a while now, I'm not a huge fan of the whole Eris angle but I would call myself a Chaos magician. I'm getting some amazing results but I'm still struggling with inner demons (paranoia, compulsive sexual thoughts etc.), and I know to accept them as a part of myself but how can I integrate them into myself?
Any tips on psychic self defence? Things like shielding my thoughts from others.

One last thing; Share your favourite occult/magic aesthetics (Your own designs if you'd like).
>>
>>18420614
Shit, I was gonna do a library update.
Guess I'll ask /his/.
>>
>>18421835
Link it here.
>>
>>18421872
Yeah man, please and thank you.
>>
>>18420951
>zero results because my brain is shitty.

Zero results because you accepted it.
Daily visualization meditations are what you need before you can truly begin any magic.

I would begin just sitting still and trying to visualize the numbers in ascending order only moving on after you've seen the number.
It'll start out just organic blobs vaguely letter like but give it a few weeks or months and they'll get crisp and easy.
>>
>>18421983
Are you talking seen in your minds eye or actual visual cortex superimposed on top of regular vision?

Also eyes open or closed?
>>
>>18422006
The senses you use to perceive this stuff are related to sight and touch, but they are not the same thing. Rarely, say, in certain dealing with spirits and ritual magic, things happen and everyone can see stuff with normal eyes.
By others, and cameras too. Or so I have heard.
>>
Anybody who is also a redditer r/occult knows what is the deal with an user there called Infinityisweird? It seems to be a meme from the last two days, there but all references to him seem to vanish.
>>
File: 1365493683486.jpg (2MB, 2215x2711px) Image search: [Google]
1365493683486.jpg
2MB, 2215x2711px
something cool from the other thread.
>>
>>18422064
he's a crazy guy who is also psychic, but retarded. tl;dr
>>
>>18422125
he's a proven psychic? Or just claims to be one like everyone around?
>>
>>18422084
I'm starting this course and I have some a question: Is there any inherent danger in playing with one's chakras without any further guidance? I've heard about kundalini awakenings, is this the kind of things that can trigger it?
Can I stimulate the chakras on any preferred order or if I dont follow strict down to up order I'm gonna be fucked?
>>
A kind anon in the previous thread metioned Uri Geller.

Being born in '86 I only know about him what I heard on TV (him being a fraud and a conman), but I'd really like to hear or read the full story. It seems very interesting.

Is there a documentary or a book you can recommend?

Thank you.
>>
>>18421835
Hey did Satyr ever get back to you about those manuscripts?
>>
File: Capture.png (918KB, 1074x679px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
918KB, 1074x679px
>>18422573
>tfw you will never chill with Puthoff and Russell Targ in a military funded institute studying the unexplained in a scientific, rational manner.

I mean, why even live?
>>
File: gestalts.png (582KB, 790x665px) Image search: [Google]
gestalts.png
582KB, 790x665px
>>18422641
Anyone who has ever dabbled in remote viewing as described by the US military and friends will recognize the kinds of "telepathic" drawings Geller did as the real deal.

That is what it looks like when you do remote viewing, and it is so easy to do it and experience it first hand. It makes me fucking angry to see people unironicallly denying this shit and on top refusing to follow the very simple steps that would prove them first hand this is real.

I think that's the main problem with "proving" the occult and the paranormal (as we were discussing in the previous thread). People are content with believing what others tell us, instead of getting our own hands dirty and challenging our worldviews.

What can you do against human nature anyway?

(I'm watching this btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXEYkLD3D9Q)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>18422684
Nice. My dad actually dealt with Michael Jackson quite closely (by holding his spit in a social gathering no less, don't ask), who had a close relationship with Geller, who in turn actually chilled with Puthoff and Targ at SRI. Had I been alive at the time I might've had a chance to get involved in that world. Fuck, it might just be the beer, but I'm getting nostalgic as fuck for this.

Funny how the story always repeats, though. These people who exploit their natural psi or esp abilities for fame and glory, but don't really study them deeply, end up channeling crap energy, tainting it with their own belief systems, expectation and experiences, and begin claiming to be in contact with spirits or aliens which contradict the many other channeled spirits or aliens throughout history, make a fool of themselves and messing up their chance of being a spokesperson for the paranormal.

It's a very complex phenomenon, so don't expect people to first bring down their preconceptions and ideological defenses and also be willing to learn how a highly complex art (science) works.

So far the way I have heard it explained that I like the most comes from Daryl Anka (or rather, his channeled "alien" Bashar): channeled beings are energy brought down from the great collective unconscious (oversoul he calls it), which are not personas, but rather information that our biological and psychological makeups interpret into spirits, demons, gods, aliens and the like. That's why you get so many contradicting shit once people take the step from using the information received to actually trying to put a face on it and looking for an explanation of its nature.

Don't get excited by pic related though, the guy actually predicted Hillary had 98% chances of wining before the media said so. In a way he was right. Again, that's the kind of distortion remote viewing gets you and why you should take everything you scry with a pinch of salt and a dozen possible different explanations.
>>
>>18422084
What other thread? Do you have the rest of the images or this book?
>>
>>18422858

the previous occult thread, it 404'd less than a day ago. As far as I know, the book is just that image, but I guess you can e-mail the author for questions, at least its what he/she says on the header
>>
>>18420951
I'd begin by loving yourself, and that means proving it to yourself; and then trying to become a better person, overcome one or two fears, practise being kind. After you've done this for a time, just get into a dating site man. Take it easy, have a laugh, have fun!
>>
>>18420951
>Some quick instant gratification to get me interested enough to get into this seriously?

also this. Abandon this cheap mindset right now and grow up some balls, chicks hate lazy pussies
>>
/x/ help me. I have a friend who desperately needs to get some occult initiation, but he is a radical materialist and atheist and will refuse it if he is pushed into it. I know, however, that he as the open potential mindedness and the ability of seeing beyond preconceptions and he actually craves it deep down.

I was the same. In fact, we are very much alike and thus why I know he needs it and he would benefit greatly from it. He is spiraling into a fucked up life of drugs and senselessness I know I would have succumbed to hadn't I found hermeticism on my own. And I know he needs to find it on his own.

Can I help my friend find his way though? I'm suffering seeing him suffer.

Thank you.
>>
>>18423278
Maybe this book will at least make he consider paranormal phenomena as possible. It was linked in the prior thread.

https://a.pomf.cat/qsnbgi.pdf

The perspective in it is parapsychological, that these phenomena derive from yet unknown abilities from the human mind.

And if your friend yells "Not science", the Parapsychological Association is a member of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
>>
>>18423278
Jung and the archetypes maybe. Or plain Meditation. Both are tons of good, rewarding work, at least for me. And they're commonly accepted as non-magical among muggles. Once you're into it, maybe he'll get deeper. But is better to get off drugs first, maybe settle, find a job and then getting into this other things.
>>
>>18423278
And I also recommend you to point your friend to author and blogger John Michael Greer.

His somewhat secular perspective will probably benefit him. However, you should expect a full Kübler-Ross routine when he loses faith in Progress.
Let fun start with The Archdruid Report, then later, The Well of Galabes.

But make the introduction to Greer by linking this book to your friend:
http://bookzz.org/md5/3FF23A0296E71BC3974D14EACE76B67C

Just pass the link to the book. I'm a regular lurker in >>>/x/omg I have contributed some books to the library.

Post results, I will reply and I might be able to provide some help, since I was in the same situation your friend is now--minus the drugs, but somehow even worse.
>>
>>18422597
I've been busy; last final today.
Patience, anon.
>>
Anybody know of a good occult organization in Georgia that's not the caliphate OTO?
>>
Master looking for acolyte. Must be <25 years old
Brown hair
White
Bilingual (languages don't matter)

Post your name in this thread, and I will reveal myself to you.
>>
File: 1478296919396.jpg (65KB, 600x718px) Image search: [Google]
1478296919396.jpg
65KB, 600x718px
>>18423367
Good luck on the finals bro!
>>
>>18423528
you're in the wrong friend if you're looking for a gay internet sex slave, faggot
>>
>>18423528
guess my name, or something relevant about me, and I'll consider you to be my master.
>>
Friendly bump.
>>
how do I learn magic? The only reason why I never consider killing myself is because I still firmly believe that I have some kind of magical talent in me to compensate for my lack of real talent.
>>
>>18425128
Just saying, talent is a learned ability. Much like magic, or anything worth doing; you will get back what you put in. The catch is that what seems upfront a ludicrous amount of effort on your end, is not so bad over time. Don't kill yourself.
>>
>>18425138
Talent and learned abilities are not the same thing.
Talent, by definition, is a natural aptitude. You can still learn a skill, and learn it well, but if you have no natural talent for it, you'll never be as good as the one with both natural talent, and learned ability.
>>
>>18425143
Then if you are like myself, with an aptitude for nothing practical, one can still attain great skill and proficiency through effort and time. Just because one isn't NATURALLY gifted at a task or concept doesn't mean it is a lost cause.
>>
>>18421310
>I'm a super gay cock loving wizard.

Do you happen to put any runes on your soup? ·__·u
>>
>>18423528

Le racist spooki magician fishing for young-ish poontang

gb2 grindr cockbrain
>>
Is there a way to cultivate and accumulate power without it corrupting you?
>>
>>18425191

Don't screw people over it, or if you do make sure you only screw assholes over.
>>
File: Christmas-truce-3_2749189b.jpg (39KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
Christmas-truce-3_2749189b.jpg
39KB, 620x388px
I had to go and re evaluate my piss poor attitude I was getting.
But Im back, and less bitchy.
/omg/, Im sorry. Can we still be friends?
>>
>>18425227
>PaloChan
>piss poor attitude

...I must've missed something big D:
>>
>>18425227
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM
>>
File: web-xmas-truce-1-ap.jpg (592KB, 2048x1284px) Image search: [Google]
web-xmas-truce-1-ap.jpg
592KB, 2048x1284px
>>18425262
Xmas Truce!
Now, lets go play some fucking Fooooteballe!
>>
File: CvlOHE_WAAAXMnT.jpg (48KB, 738x550px) Image search: [Google]
CvlOHE_WAAAXMnT.jpg
48KB, 738x550px
>>18425294
>play some fucking Fooooteballe
>obviously playing Soccer
>>
>>18425304

Who gives a shit, media-fed sports are crazed cults of macho elite worshipping that give their followers an entirely false sense of accomplishment, and another tool for arbitrary indoctrination of kids, and should be stamped out of existence.

No, I don't give a fuck people actually enjoy them.
>>
File: H0V.jpg (8KB, 236x221px) Image search: [Google]
H0V.jpg
8KB, 236x221px
>>18425227

Good to see you back, Palo.
>>
File: 1468524661477.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1468524661477.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>18425330
>>
We should get a discord chat going
>>
>>18425371
yes you should, you lazy fuckers. the joy of satan kiddie áre recruiting everywhere and giving the occult a bad image in the meantime.
>>
File: edg-edge-edgy.jpg (266KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
edg-edge-edgy.jpg
266KB, 1024x768px
>>18425345

My country's major soccer league is worshipped in OTHER countries

The value judgement may be personal, but the facts I stated are pretty much true. Also, I didn't rail against actual sport PRACTICE, only against mediatized bullshit.

But don't worry:

I also loathe most brands, youtubers, advertising in general, organized religion, modern art, metaphysics, photoshop, the psychopharmacological establishment, German philosophy, anime fanboys, hipsters, propaganda, cutting-edge gadgets, and a host of other things and collectives; if you called sour grapes on me you'd probably be right, no day passes in my life where I don't curse and call bullshit on one or several things a lot of people or even the majority of them hold dear.
>>
>>18425379
>recruiting
Yeah, that's the difference between Meme of Satan (Botspamming Shitpostchan Since 2006!™) and actual systems of Work.
>>
>>18425382
I forgot to add I'm pretty much a misanthrope with no social life, only a handful of friends, and largely unable to share hobbies and interests with anybody.
>>
File: 537481.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
537481.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>18425336
Pic related.

Sadly, during my brief introspection, I stopped typing on my rootwork mega post with images.
I need to work on that some more.
>>
>>18425385
isn't jos just bardon with different names?
>>
>>18425330
I personally don't like sports, but a lot of people need to vent outgroup violence some way.
>>
>>18425385
>actual systems of Work.
I'll remind you that Chumbley died at 39 from asthma and Tibet is a conquered nation. So much for "actual systems".
>>
File: DSC01521.jpg (40KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01521.jpg
40KB, 400x300px
>>18425294
Note to self.
> Dear self, next time no /his/ oriented jokes in /x/.
>K, thanks.
>>
>>18420614
Redpill me on sigil magick. From what I read about it, practically anyone can do it. Is there any cost? Sounds to free and easy to not have any cost.
>>
>>18423581
Not him, but you're called Joshua.
>>
What's the diffference between the library linked in the OP and this one:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z7x8kec9jidn2/Occult
>>
Which one to start from Dion Fortune? I just read her lifestory and it seemed so much like a movie or something, I thought on reading something from this awesome lady
>>
File: 68741-004-C7684597.jpg (55KB, 516x450px) Image search: [Google]
68741-004-C7684597.jpg
55KB, 516x450px
>>18425582
Bigger ATR section?
Thank you!!
>>
When doing magic, is it better to think a lot about the desired outcome or to be "distracted" for the most part?
>>
>>18425607
The tarot sections is also many times larger. But Is there anything in the other one that's better.

Can we combine the two somehow? Make them have a child?
>>
>>18425493
I like swimming and archery, basketball and running can be enjoyable (even if I'm total shit at them).

What I object to is dudes with the intelligence level of a mandrill earning orbital amounts of money because they kick/throw/racquet balls around, as a subset of the generalized corruption of society and the populace's acquiescence to extractive elites.

Also as most people around here already know, I object on principle to the adoration or worship or anything, much more if it's actively pushed by the mass media and used for indoctrination of the subsequent generation. Evidently this goes beyond sports.

To compound it all, I'm entirely unpalatable to the feeling of success-by-proxy and communal spirits that team followers ostensibly enjoy. This goes beyond sports, too.

...I tried to get into it as a kid, family and friends tried to teach it to me, apparently my mentality isn't compatible with that sort of feelings.
>>
File: tut-seal.jpg (48KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
tut-seal.jpg
48KB, 600x400px
>>18425631
There is a folder in the new link that is listed as being the mega, but it incomplete.
Whoever started this lne may have stopped working on it last year.
Please add to the header for all /OMG/ in the future.
Ive already downloaded three things I wanted that I found at the new link.
No offense Frater, it just has a wider selecton of what I go for.
>>
>>18425553
>Chumbley died at 39 from asthma
Jebuz died at like 32 gettin' nailed to a tree with giant fuckin' spikes for sedition.
>>
>>18425700
Where can i read about the resurrection of Chumbley?
>>
>>18425700
>33 years, 12 apostles, 3 days of death
>displays siddhis, gets resurrected as a god man
He's about as real as Hiram Abiff.

Chumbley on the other hand was just a fuckup with no spiritual power.
>>
>>18425597
Some pasta:
"Psychic Self-Defence covers monsters as well as sorcery and provides a good deal of pra tidal guidance; The Secrets of Dr. Taverner, a collection of short stories, presents many of the same concepts (and some of the same incidents) as Psychic Self-Defence in lightly fictionalized form."
Pick one to read first, after that read the other one. I'd suggest Taverner, then Defence, but that's up to you.
>>
>>18425754
>pra tidal
That should be practical, of course. Cell phones hate me.
>>
>>18425631
I'm afraid that won't be possible.
A number of files won't go in Ape's library (for example, Franz Bardon books). The libraries have some selection of items going there, it isn't "gotta catch 'em all".
Crawl the entire MF thing and select the material you would like to keep.
If you're in doubt just mirror the MF. You live in a golden age that is going soon to start to crumble. Get all material you can and save it. Make backups of everything.
And critical material *must be printed in archival paper and get Library Binding*.
How much is critical is up to your resources. Triage will be necessary.
>>
>>18425582
460GB
Dammit
>>
>>18425791

parmako poeia ·___·

I've been wanting to read this for ages
>>
>>18425996
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/search.php?req=pharmako+poeia
Use mirror 3, or mirror 1.
>>
>>18426004
I already downloaded it from the linked library, does the version you're referring to have any advantages over the one found in the mega?
>>
>>18426012
It's probably the same file.
Check cover and hashes:
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=1A0074AE96834553102166CD7EAC32DB
>>
File: timthumb.gif (185KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.gif
185KB, 660x495px
>>18425705
>>
Is a pity that the secrets of DR taverner aren't in the mega. I'll go with psychic defense, I hope i can find the other soon
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>18426125
this was meant for
>>18425754
thank you
>>
>>18426125
>>18426138
>>18425754

http://tikaboo.com/library/taverner.pdf

nevermind
>>
Ok, I'm starting reading something and it states something i've heard here sometimes: You should stick to a path to progress.
I don't know If i have a preferred path, or what defines a path. Could you post some possible occultism paths or even which ones are the ones you have chosen? My endgoal as for now is knowledge and if possible helping others with my wisdom.
>>
>>18426014

hmmm does the "second volume" of pharmako/poeia even exist?
>>
>>18420614

if you are learning about magic is it okay to tell other people what you have learned? or is that stuff you should keep to yourself?
>>
>>18426345
It depends on the audience and it depends whether you're talking specifics of your own operations or about general knowledge.

If it's not with other occultists they're probably going to laugh at you. If you discuss details of your work you may inadvertently hamper it. The more minds that know about something increases the minds that can influence it, whether consciously or not.
>>
>>18426345
Unless you're talking to someone who you trust and who is also into the occult, keep it to yourself always.
>>
File: 1473878440749.jpg (344KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473878440749.jpg
344KB, 500x500px
>>18426345
Why don't we save ourselves the trouble and just say the answer is no
>>
>>18426419
This.
>>18426345
Please dont't get stoned, beaten, or hacked to death in the street, Anon.
That shit still happens more than you would like to know.
>>
>>18425568
Nope but Jeshua is always beside me
>>
File: 11.jpg (604KB, 1762x2585px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
604KB, 1762x2585px
>>18423523
There are some Ifa practitioners in Atlanta.
Also, there are some Wiccans with some type of school up in Knoxville.
CHA is all solitaries of different paths.
Stick to Atlanta if you cant come a little further North.
Im sure you can dig something up if you dig deep enough.
>>
How do you guys maintain motivation? I'm usually very gung ho, but sometimes I just don't give a fuck.
>>
File: Section 5-7.jpg (2MB, 2215x2711px) Image search: [Google]
Section 5-7.jpg
2MB, 2215x2711px
>>18422084

Holy shit, that's a blast from the past. This was one of the things that first got me into this stuff.

>>18422858
>>18423206

There's more, I got these as part of the 4chan Information Library back in 2011. I have no idea if there's anything else from that author though. I'll post the rest.
>>
File: Section 8-11.jpg (2MB, 2215x2711px) Image search: [Google]
Section 8-11.jpg
2MB, 2215x2711px
>>18426721
One more after this.
>>
File: Section 12-13.jpg (943KB, 1469x2467px) Image search: [Google]
Section 12-13.jpg
943KB, 1469x2467px
>>18426726
Fin.
>>
>>18422084

The domain name in the header is FUCKING BRILLIANT
>>
>>18422145

Talking out of my arse as usual:

Are you gonna be fucked by learning how to drive, cook, garden or run?

Potentially and/or sometimes? Yes.

Is that a solid reason not to try? No.
>>
>>18422145
>Is there any inherent danger in playing with one's chakras
Not really.

It takes a lot of effort to get to the point where there are actual risks. Anybody who says otherwise is RP'ing or just really gullible.
>>
>>18426948
>>18426919

But, how to get past heart chakra?
When I used to try before, all my energy would get stuck there.
Late this year, I found out right at that very spot I have bone spues on my spine.
I think its related.
Maybe its all in my mind, but how to redirect around that spot?
Is there some nearby channel I can use to avoid that spot so I dont get roadblocked again?
I cant accomplish much at the moment the way it stands currently.
But, I could be persuaded to try again, if there is an easy hack.
>>
>>18426986
open that heart up with some devotional yoga
>>
>>18427068
Thats not going to work for me.
Nothing personal, but that whole Bhakti thing is not for me.
If anything, Im unbalanced because Im too emotional and tend to have really drastic mood swings. Also, perfectionist with rejection complex.
The last thing I need is even more feels, trust me.
And, Im more of a Raja than a Bhakti.
>>
>>18422145

re: Empress Norton's course

Do you mind sharing your answers to Section I exercises (motivations and preconceptions) for comparative purposes? I'll share mine too, I'm just very curious as to what would other people answer to them.

Applicable to anyone else who has followed this material and still has the answers lying around.
>>
File: stop and read this.jpg (13KB, 304x175px) Image search: [Google]
stop and read this.jpg
13KB, 304x175px
Does anyone listen to music while practicing, if so what do you listen to and how does it effect your process vs not having music?
>>
>>18422684
>People are content with believing what others tell us, instead of getting our own hands dirty and challenging our worldviews.
Because most people are idiots, lack discipline and can't think coherently. Also, lazy.

So if they start challenging the dominant paradigm, which roughly works for most people, they usually end up constructing something idiotic and unworkable, smashing the conception of the world that actually serves to live a decent life.

So thir instinct is to close their mind and hope what they know is good enough.
>>
>>18423278
I had my rational materialist worldview smashed by Jordan Peterson's lectures.
>>
I need some bleach after associating with the Joy of Satan imbeciles. Help.
>>
>>18427068
Anywho, I posted about not thinking Bhakti would work for me and lut my tablet down and tried to go back to sleep.
I was like what the heck, middle pillar for shits and giggles to help me ignore racing thoughts.
And whatdya know, not a single issue.
So, I dont know whats different or what changed.
But apparently, Im not having the blockage issue anymore.
Sorry, false alarm.
>>
>>18427838
Not really while practicing, but when I need a trance-ish boost for something else, such as working or right before an exam, this track always worked wonders for me, and by extension the whole album and other albums by the Geinoh Yamashirogumi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoHtrJqtlBk

>>18427878
This sounds lulzy, start exorcising any idiocy that might have rubbed off on you by detailing here how, why and where they're such a bunch of turbofaggots.
>>
>>18426305
From Amazon, in [ https://www.amazon.com/dp/1556438052 ]:

"The Pharmako series is continued in Pharmako/Dynamis (focusing on stimulants and empathogens) and Pharmako/Gnosis (which addresses psychedelics and shamanic plants)."

If you like this subject, I would advise to start looking for the books cited here:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=213790

If you live in the United States (and a number of other countries, site [ http://worldcat.org ] will show you libraries that have books you are looking for. Remember, often you won't be able to photocopy a whole book at once; look for all libraries that have copies of what you want and get pieces of the book from each one.

Again, if you live in the US, Amazon often carries used copies of books that might not be in the best cosmetic state, but that are being sold for a penny plus $3.99 shipping. Always consider this option first, before photocopies.

Sadly, since I am Brazilian, most of these options are not available to me. I often have paid over 40 USD just to have some heavy and expensive book shipped to me with insurance.

As I am just a filthy security guard in glorious Hueland, I also lack access to the Interlibrary Loan System, which you should also consider. Try to locate a local library that grants you access.

For any country, look for online used books stores. I had a nice suprprise recently; I found two books I was looking for "Missing Pieces" by Baker and Nickell and "The Haunted Mind" by Nandor Fodor. Never dismiss local stores, you will save a lot on shipping, specially for heavy books.

And scan everything you buy and link it here.
>>
>>18428085

I'm on the other side of the pond but note taken and thanks for the other titles, I thought those books were more elusive than they actually are.

And yeah, I'm pretty damn interested in the subject, even if more from an academic than practical point of view.
>>
>>18428097
For Europe Abebooks and Biblio are good options. Depending on your purchase volume, Biblio sells a discount coupon that can be applied sitewide on book prices (not shipping) that will pay for itself and then some, depending on your purchase volume. Sadly, Abebooks carries a larger inventory (maybe *because* of these discounts?)

There are local sites (actually the same inventory) but which allow payment in your local currency.

There is a problem with both sites, though: the seller will charge your credit card, nor Abebooks nor Biblio. Which most likely will make your credit card operator trigger protection for purchase attempts from mysterious countries and places; your mileage here may vary, of course. But if possible, ask the seller if PayPal is accepted first.
>>
>>18427838
Yes, depends on the music.

>>18421835
Ok, we're opening up this update a bit more; I've finally hunted down at least the middle chunk of the Tipitaka (Sutta Pitaka), and I'm trying to get a few bits of the Abhidhamma Pitaka.

I'll probably be reorganizing my files into a full Buddhism folder.
>>
>>18428107

I've ordered a rare book from a local small bookstore network who pulled it from Atlanta through abebooks :)
>>
>>18428107
>>18428124
I've never, ever, had a problem with Abe.

Sometimes they're the only route through certain problems.
>>
>>18428143
I also never had a problem with Abebooks itself. My credit card operator is just picky, but I have no other option.
And yes, you are right. I lost count of the times where Abe was my only option for a certain book, which translates to more money. I'm not complaining, sure, because high prices sometimes are our friends. They are the only thing separating the item you want from other hands. Bite the bullet and pay the price.
>>
>>18428146
>They are the only thing separating the item you want from other hands. Bite the bullet and pay the price
Eeeeyup.
>>
>>18426345
Nope.

Paradox will fuck your shit up.
You might even get a nice little Quiet, too.
>>
>>18427916
>This sounds lulzy, start exorcising any idiocy that might have rubbed off on you by detailing here how, why and where they're such a bunch of turbofaggots.
Almost all of them are underage teenagers who have practised "for many years". They argue with "science", but only when they want science to back up their claims. Whenever "science" would disagree with their feelings or irrational beliefs they say "it's the kikes". I'm just speechless.
>>
>>18428653
so basically /pol/ then?
>>
>>18428766
I mean, they *are* literal and unironic Nazis.
>>
>>18427838
Semi-related:

When I first started meditating I used a binaural beats track that was supposed to be a meditation aid. I don't think the beats did anything special, but the white noise at least helped me get into deeper trance much faster. I dropped it after a while so it wouldn't become a crutch, but on the occasions that I've fallen off the wagon, using the track helped me get back into the habit much faster than otherwise.
>>
>>18428766
Shit talk /pol/ all you want, they did the biggest magical thing since the old testament while you're shitposting over here asking how much goat's blood you need to dip your micropenis in before that cute succubus will finally notice you
>>
>>18428653
hahahahahahaha

Great, what else?

>>18428797
>Shit talk /pol/ all you want

Excusatio non petita accusatio manifiesta, mi negro.

Sorry, but crypto-nazis are some of the worst sort; they need to be clearly labeled and exposed as such (if not literally ferretted out and shot pointblank because that's "against human rights and judicial guarantees")

Talk about being conquered from within by the enemy. I'm starting to think the red scare of the 50s was just a misdirection op.

>>they did the biggest magical thing since the old testament

Says you. Congrats, you're now as cucked as your run-of-the-mill jeezusfag yahweite.

Although to be honest you won't see the facts you're referring to contested often around here, and I am not exactly doing so, I'm just judging the soundness of your opinion of it, which seems hyperinflated.

If you were aware the rest of the world even exists, you'd notice that off-the-wall political results have been around for some time already.

>>18428797
>while you're shitposting over here asking how much goat's blood you need to dip your micropenis in before that cute succubus will finally notice you

shitposting... check
goat blood... I don't remember reading any about that here
succubus... I don't remember anybody here taking succubus discussion seriously (although it lays within the realm of possibility)
micropenis... I doubt if anyone with a micropenis were around they would admit it. Again, see latin phrase at the start of the post.
>>
>>18428766
>so basically /pol/ then?
Like a retarded version of /pol/.

>>18428875
>Great, what else?
They think lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transsexuals are all literally the "Third Sex" without any deeper information. And while they totally believe in past lives/reincarnation they are literally absolutely sure that every single person always and undoubtedly reincarnates always into the same sex and race.
>>
Are Ape of Thoth and Thoth from the /div/ threads the same person? Or are they wizards at war with one another?
>>
File: 20130719060214a0dj4foyh9789xti.jpg (69KB, 666x444px) Image search: [Google]
20130719060214a0dj4foyh9789xti.jpg
69KB, 666x444px
>>18429100
>wizard war
>>
>>18428797
>biggest magical thing since the old testament

lol no, their dad let them "steer" the car and they claim to have invented the automobile, dont get ahead of yourself.
>>
>>18429100
not the same person, not in a wizard war, both knowledgeable folks.
>>
>>18429118
Pfffft!
>>
>>18429074
>every single person always and undoubtedly reincarnates always into the same sex and race.
but this is true
>>
>>18429074

>transgender
>trensgender
>trendsgender
>trends gender
>trends
>>
File: gil-head-explode-again.gif (12KB, 214x204px) Image search: [Google]
gil-head-explode-again.gif
12KB, 214x204px
>>18429074
>Like a retarded version of /pol/.
See pic related. But I guess you're right, in a sense. It's hard to compute.
Please keep the gossip coming.

>"Third Sex"
So basically if these guys get smitten with someone that latter turns out to be gay, they have to retroactively interpret it as thirdosexual attraction?

Good luck coping with that if they're already having that hard a time coping with understanding sex.

What about bisexuals? I think my brain is trying to avoid the tangly paradox it creates.

Ehhh... bisexuals can't be attracted to people that are attracted to them, because then they'd be tri-sexuals, and if an allegedly straight person is attracted to a bisexual person of their usually preferred gender, they are automatically bisexual by definition because bisexuals are part of the "Third Sex". A bisexual can't be attracted to non-straights only because that'd make them monosexual, eehhhhhhh I don't want to ruin my brain any more.

Ur head asplode, indeed.

>Reincarnation, race and sex
>>18429481
What fucking kind of shitty boring reincarnation system is that?!
I totally want to pomegranate into a grill next life. Hmmm that sounds sexual in a weird way. I guess it is.

Also:
>always and undoubtedly
Yeeeeeeaaaaaah suuuuuuuure.
Because humans are totally reliable when it comes to alleged "spiritual truths"

>>18429484
Word which doesn't even appear in the post you're replying to, heavily undermining your reply's relevance.
>>
>>18429567
>I totally want to pomegranate into a grill next life.
lmao the real world isn't based around your dumb fantasies.

>there are no spiritual truths cuz humans are unreliable
Ya, no. Now you're just being retarded.
>>
>>>/his/2097254
>>
How do you do spirit cooking? Does it work? What does it even do?
>>
>>18429668
It does nothing. Spirit Cook was *performance art*.

Some uneducated folks have attributed her performances to Crowley.

Go through the Crowley materials on blood, sexual fluid, and evokation. It looks NOTHING like Spirit Cooking.
>>
http://libgen.io/ads.php?md5=3D5DE16C0D820A43044BC5EEDC12C6FD
http://libgen.io/ads.php?md5=CDAD5134A53892D183F3B7C7DFDD6F66
http://libgen.io/ads.php?md5=DBE09FC995E04460884198B85C64F077

The "All and Everything" trilogy by Gurdjieff.
>>
>>18428875
>>18429567
>super triggered guy is soooooper triiiiiiiigered

Not the guy you responded to btw.
>>
>>18429675
>Go through the Crowley materials on blood, sexual fluid, and evokation. It looks NOTHING like Spirit Cooking.

Maybe she was just "fnording" things up a bit?

No need to be so harsh and judgmental, just because she does things differently than you and Anton.
>>
>>18429668
>What does it even do?
gets you mad shekels from edgy wannabe occultists

>>18429675
>crowley
spirit cooking is more spiritually powerful than anything that hack ever did
>>
File: kenneth-anger-2.jpg (29KB, 350x450px) Image search: [Google]
kenneth-anger-2.jpg
29KB, 350x450px
>>18429668
Perolrmance art masquerading as Alchemy.
This piece isnt even new.
Shes been performing this piece for at least 10 years.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3EsJLNGVJ7E
If you think this is some new scary devil thing, I have a bridge in Brroklyn I could sell you.
>>
>>18429701
Fucking typos.
Performance Art
Performance Art
Performance Art
So freaking frustrating.
>>
>>18429481
No, it's not. It's common, sure. But not an absolute truth because that's just dumb. Countless reports show otherwise.

>>18429567
They literally have a "GLBT Thule Society" which is basically just a gay nazi meetup.

Next topic is Hitler and the whole nazi party being "Satanists". Look what they present as proof of this incredibly unhistorical claim: http://gbltthulesociety666.angelfire.com/nazism2/

If you look up that "document" you will find it's a fucking HOAX: https://books.google.de/books?id=xOwDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA46&lpg=PA46&dq=%22greta+Leiber%22&source=bl&ots=I7AZDhShf5&sig=UFAJZ8CrKKuxRPvkGYfcj6RaKh4&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=%22greta%20Leiber%22&f=false

I asked a German and it's fucking third grade "muh evil Satan gibs me powerz to control Europe, I gibs u my soul"
>>
>>18429701
>Perolrmance art masquerading as Alchemy.

At the end of the day, it is the intent that counts.

A shocked, entranced audience coupled with a drop of intent can produce some very potent red don't you think?
>>
>>18429709
>Countless reports show otherwise.
Cite them. And they better not be some dipshit who had a dream he was a women or a cat in his past life.
>>
>>18429709
>ZOMG NAZI HITLER TRUMP IS GONNA THROW ALL DA GAYS IN OVENS
>A-A-AND BROWN PEOPLE TOOOOOOOO!
>>
>>18429715
As a paid professional artist and an occultist I beg to differ.
Im sorry, but I AM the subject matter expert in this one.
The point is THERE IS NO FUCKING INTENT.
She is getting paid to be eccentric.
There is a difference between eccentric and occult.
A fine line, but a line none the less.
And you dont understand that line, because youve never been there at the edge of the lkne to see it.
Anger has intent.
Cameron had intent.
Norton had intent.
I have intent.
This bitch has corn syrup and an itchy money hand.
Fuck bitches that get into art for money!
And, fuck bitches that fall for it.
>>
>>18429721
I'm not interested in starting a discussion on reincarnation. It's a badly misinterpreted concept of the multiverse.

>>18429723
You sound retarded.
>>
>>18429725
^As an occultist and museum employee, I concur with this analysis.
>>
>>18429732
>I'm not interested in starting a discussion on reincarnation.
Go fuck yourself.
>>
First time participator in this general, been interested in the occult for years but only recently got serious about it. Whats /omg/ 's opinion on Peter Carrol and his works? Ive been honestly seriously in love with them, passages of psychonaut resonate deeply. Recommendations of where to go from him? (Pic related obviously)
>>
>>18429754
FUCK I SPELLED HIS FUCKIN NAME WRONG GODDAMNIT
>>
>>18429725
>implications the post

I can tell that creative writing is not your medium.

I will also say you lack intellectual honesty, due to your outright dismissal of there being the slightest possibility that this more than mere art.

I do not know how long you have been an "artist", but if you had studied under anyone of note they may have taught you that art never lacks intent. Everything from an ad on a matchbook to the Mona Lisa is practically dripping with it.

I am sorry if I have triggered your political sensibilities, it was not my intent.

Also:
>As a paid professional artist
>Fuck bitches that get into art for money!
>And, fuck bitches that fall for it.

My oh my.
>>
>>18429761
>they may have taught you that art never lacks intent
That's not the assertion. The assertion is a misreading of that intent.

>>18429760
>>18429754
Weak tea but still tea. Pay attention to the fact he posits contact with augoeides as the backbone of his system.
>>
>>18429743
Go back to spirit cooking, bullshit occultist.
>>
>>18429772
>The assertion is a misreading of that intent.

Is that not open to speculation?

If I was in her shoes I would deny everything, while continuing to do what I feel needs to be done and making money in order to keep doing it.

I have dog in this fight, but both sides seem to be pushing an agenda.
>>
Been looking into Hoodoo. Shit's cool. But i'm lost as far as figuring out how it all works past mojo bags.
>>
>>18429786
>I have no dog in this fight
>>
>>18429775
>smugly tells me I'm wrong about reincarnation
>refuses to proof for why I'm wrong
An I'm somehow the bullshit occultist. Seriously, fuck off.
>>
File: VehementStonerGrandma.jpg (9KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
VehementStonerGrandma.jpg
9KB, 270x187px
>>18429589
>>I totally want to pomegranate into a grill next life.
>lmao the real world isn't based around your dumb fantasies.

Yeah but it sure is based on YOUR fantasies wich are certified as "always and undoubtedly" enlightened and intelligent, right?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. *pat pat*

Also, I never stated it is, I merely expressed a desire, which can be as outlandish as they need to be; and reality doesn't have to necessarily match them - while by opposition you are posing yourself as Knowing the True Spiritual Dynamics.

Fuck off cuckpriest

>>there are no spiritual truths cuz humans are unreliable
>Ya, no. Now you're just being retarded.

as compared to

>>18429567 (me)
>Because humans are totally reliable when it comes to alleged "spiritual truths"

And you have to recourse to intentionally twist, radicalize and misspell what I said and to make it look dumb, with insult as the only argument?

Again, fuck off shitlord.

>>18429687
Triggered about what exactly?

>>18429709
Heh. that's funny.

I do remember IRC channels geared towards gay skinheads. Fucking go figure. My pet theory is that it is in the nature of the right-wing follower and politician the tendency and desire to be a deviant under their own definitions; maybe stemming simply from the added kick of doing what they disallow others from doing.

Also, stupid cults have a tendency to be based off hardly believable script of dubious authorship.

>>18429725
>>18429761
The intent to deceive and make a big buck are prevalent intents in art, you're pretty much both right at the same time.

Then again, disowning and publicly railing against pieces and artists you don't agree with is an universal practice that everyone engages in to some degree or another (and which I find completely legitimate, but not in any objective way)

>>18429754
I like his shit quite a lot, esp. Psybermagick, Octavo and Apophenion.

I guess what I dig most is the attitude, but the content also clicks with me usually.
>>
>>18429715
>It's the intent that counts

No.
Getting mixed emotions from an audience, that is not quite following what the performance is about, is not as effective as getting their true emotions, where they understand what is happening in front of them.
Mixed emotions get mixed results.

Spirit cooking is not a ritual. From our eyes, we see nothing that resembles one, not even as an improvisation.

If she dabbles into the occult, she would have no problem performing a ritual as is. Which is not the case in Marina's performances... She's far from being an occultist, most of her work is about "exploring emotions".
I like her stuff tho. But it's clear that she uses spirituality/mysticism as a mere detail on her art.
>>
>>18429808
>My pet theory is that it is in the nature of the right-wing follower and politician the tendency and desire to be a deviant under their own definitions; maybe stemming simply from the added kick of doing what they disallow others from doing.

They definitely are hypocrites.

Anyways, that rant felt good. And I didn't even need to go into detail.
>>
>>18429808
>YOUR fantasies wich are certified as "always and undoubtedly" enlightened and intelligent, right?
Yes, always.

I'm going to frank with you, I'm sorry for twisting the words of your post, but you're still wrong. There is no fucking way people can reincarnate as animals or men as women. That's just retarded.
>>
>>18429835
>what is red magic

No one seems to know...
>>
>>18429808
Nox, I swear I almost blew a flipping artery.
It was getting real, real quick.
Thank you for somehow being the voice of reason.
That is exactly what I needed.
You need to bottle that, and sell it.
>>
>>18429808
>The intent to deceive and make a big buck are prevalent intents in art, you're pretty much both right at the same time.

Might want to work on your understanding of art a little.

I think subtracting a little cynicism might yield a more accurate view of the practice.

Outside of commercial (advertising) art, the practice becomes much harder to define. The intent of "art" can be more complex than words are able to describe.

Deception in order to make big bucks? You will have to give me some examples, most artists commercial or otherwise are not what I would call business savvy, let alone wealthy.
>>
>>18429844
Rejection of falsification is unscientific.
>>
>>18429844
>There is no fucking way people can reincarnate as animals or men as women. That's just retarded.
>>18429808
>Again, fuck off shitlord.
>>18429797
>An I'm somehow the bullshit occultist. Seriously, fuck off.
^And you guys wonder why I took Buddhist vows?

>>18429788
A real question!
Check out my African divination book in html format for that angle. Anything by Frisvold for Quimbanda. For actual Hoddoo, ask this'n: >>18429872
>>
>>18429788
hodor
>>
>>18429872
>I swear I almost blew a flipping artery.
>It was getting real, real quick.

A bit of pulmonary distress, brought on by shear frustration?

What's bothering you?
>>
>>18429788
Sympathetic magick.
>>
>>18429880
>And you guys wonder why I took Buddhist vows?

I wonder why you do a lot of things.

You seem to jump from one tradition to another.

You must have an extra room in your house to store all the different alters when you are not using them.

So what gives Ape?

Are you working on some sort of all encompassing spiritual amalgamation that you want to unleash onto the world?

Or do you enjoy mastering the tedium of any practice you can get your hands on?
>>
>>18429850
I know the concept. I still stand with my point: mixed emotions, mixed results.

Btw, Marina has enough influence on her name to do whatever she pleases in her art. Kenneth Anger was open about his work for years and he wasn't hacked to pieces or some shit.
There's literally nothing stopping her from being open about an alleged occult meaning. But, like I said, spirituality/mysticism is a detail for her. That's it.

Well, guess we agree to disagree.

>>18429878
>Deception in order to make big bucks? You will have to give me some examples,

Anything that could play with people's emotions; catching their curiosity, making them look, or using their shock or anger as free publicity.
You can see several examples of it in the music and film industry.
Hell, even in underground music scenes it's a thing (70s punk, early 80s to mid 90s post-punk and goth), meaning you don't need to have lots of catch to practice some deception.
>>
>>18429949
>lots of cash
Fixd.
>>
>>18429939
>jump
That implies I stop practicing the things I've been practicing. I haven't.

>Are you working on some sort of all encompassing spiritual amalgamation that you want to unleash onto the world?
Spiritual truth rests in continuity, non-conditioned, regardless of my actions.

Moreover, what's the difference between those two?
>>
>>18429939
>So what gives Ape?
He spends many hours a day meditating, yet has no substantial results, measured by women and money.
>>
Does anyone here have experience with the Divine Science Academy of Theurgy?
>>
>>18429880
as good as the divination book is, it has basically nothing to do with hoodoo. Id really like to see some additions to the library for hoodoo, Ill throw out Zora Neil Thurston, Harry Middleton Hyatt, Denise Alvorado and Catherine Yronwode, as authors, and recommend "The Long Lost Friend" by George Hohman, the "6th and 7th Books of moses", the "8th, 9th, and 10th Books of Moses", "Secrets of the Psalms" by A. Selig, "Black and White Magic" (attributed to Marie Laveau, highly unlikely, but an interesting read), "Master Book of Candle Burning" by Gamache.

The other important documents to hoodoo, powwow, hexencraft, braucherei etc. are all already covered in the library: Pullet, Key of Solomon, etc.

>>18429904
Don't forget ancestral veneration, saint work, and all the arts and crafts that go with hoodoo. Its more than simple sympathetic magic.

>>18429788
"Mojo bags" are actually much more complicated than people realize, they're not just simple charm bags or sachets, and they're not really the same as a gris-gris, even though people use the terms interchangeably
>>
>>18429994
oh, and I should add, if you need any of those Thoth, Ill see what I can do about getting them for you to add them to the collection, I have several in pdf.

I just wasnt sure if you were interested in adding folk magic traditions to the library.
>>
>>18429994
>Ill throw out Zora Neil Thurston, Harry Middleton Hyatt, Denise Alvorado and Catherine Yronwode, as authors, and recommend "The Long Lost Friend" by George Hohman, the "6th and 7th Books of moses", the "8th, 9th, and 10th Books of Moses", "Secrets of the Psalms" by A. Selig, "Black and White Magic" (attributed to Marie Laveau, highly unlikely, but an interesting read), "Master Book of Candle Burning" by Gamache.
Thanks, I'm more into the 'Afro' part of Afro-Carib. My SA shamanic knowledge are deeper into the rivers, thereabouts, not in the lowlands.
Quimbanda seems really great tho and Palo's given great advice.
>>
>>18430005
Quimbanda is awesome, agreed. The entirety of the diaspora is actually really underrated for what it has to teach.

Im just a stickler for separating them out because they have very different provenances and different practices. It's far too easy to just lump them all together, and doing so misses out on a great deal.
>>
File: pirata_bob_esponja.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pirata_bob_esponja.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>18429844
>>YOUR fantasies wich are certified as "always and undoubtedly" enlightened and intelligent, right?
>Yes, always.
...then how come they are still fantasies? XD

>I'm sorry for twisting the words of your post

S'okay, I probably wouldn't have taken exception to it in a different context and is common practice, but remember that it weakens your stance which is already hardly tenable on arguments other than "says me"; which doesn't go very far unless you're a politician, cult leader, boss or any combination thereof - and here you are none of those things.

>There is no fucking way people can reincarnate as animals or men as women.

I seriously hope then that women to men isn't possible either, because otherwise this is going to end up Homotopia.

Also, trick question: What do people with Complete Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome reincarnate to/from?

>>18429872
W-well, thanks sempai ·//////·
Your words mean a lot to me.
*orange blossoms gratuitously blow through the air out of season*

>>18429879
Yay for Philosophy of Science!
Friendly reminder that Feyerabendian epistemological anarchism is borderline chaote thought (this isn't meant to be an exclusionary claim) and entirely compatible in principle with magic(k)(q)(z), occultism, etc.

>>18429880
>vows
Good ostensive rationale demonstration, sempai.
Show, don't tell; indeed.

>my book
What book chum? Where be that?
>>
>>18429949
>mixed emotions, mixed results

The old crone cursing her accuser for all to hear before being burned at the stake.

Is the crowd complicate in her intent? Are they shocked and confused? Therein lies my point.

The results tend to be good from what I have read (shrug).

>Anything that could play with people's emotions
Not necessarily deception though is it? I think the key here is triggering emotion.

Like I said before, I have no dog in this fight.

I have no idea whether the so called "spirit cooking" was esoteric in nature or not. I just found both sides of the argument to be a little closed to the possibilities.

Sorry, if I have upset anyone.
>>
>>18429957
>That implies I stop practicing the things I've been practicing. I haven't.

Point taken.

>Moreover, what's the difference between those two?

Not much in this particular case. I guess I do not pay enough attention to what it is you practice to make such a statement in the first place.

As someone that was initiated at a young age and maintains that same faith, I just find the whiles of people that are interested in the occult in general quite fascinating.
>>
>>18430080
It helps that almost everything I'm interested in enough to practice are nondual.
>>
>>18430088
Understood and that explains a lot.

I have no similar options or the desire to pursue them. But I do love reading everything I can get my hands on.

You do us all a great service with the library you maintain. Thanks to you I have spent a substantial amount of money on books this past year, lol.
>>
(needed separate reply)

>>18429878
Everybody can always work on their understanding of art, because such understanding doesn't have an upper limit of perfection or exhaustion.

>I think subtracting a little cynicism might yield a more accurate view of the practice.
The thing is open and irreverent cynicism is the best tool against veiled and smug cynicism and I have already taken sides on that.

>Outside of commercial (advertising) art, the practice becomes much harder to define. The intent of "art" can be more complex than words are able to describe.
Entirely with you on this, but I can't clearly see what are you counter-argumenting to.

>Deception in order to make big bucks?

The keyword here is that I didn't say *in order to*, but I can rephrase it to be more specific.

"deception and making a big buck both are prevalent intents in art"

I seriously *didn't* mean an instrumental relationship, I even feel tempted to pull the "sorry, not native english speaker" card.

I meant only co-existence. Which indeed in some unfortunate cases does overlap - even if we both can't agree about exactly what cases, or about the harm they cause.

But deception is intrinsically tied to art at many technical and practical levels, so much that as a recourse it's only given up when unneeded, by manifesto, or as a grand somersault show (which might as well break your neck)

>>18429949
>You can see several examples of it in the music and film industry. Hell, even in underground music scenes

Entirely right too.

>>18429957
>Spiritual truth rests in continuity, non-conditioned, regardless of my actions.

I bet you could encourage a few bodily cavities with snippets like that

great shit d00d

>>18430025
>The old crone cursing her accuser for all to hear before being burned at the stake.

Few curses like those of the aggravated dying.

>>Anything that could play with people's emotions
>Not necessarily deception though is it?

But deception isn't necessarily harmful, at least not in art
>>
Something is bothering me for a while and I have nowhere else to ask.
How does a Trident of Paracelsus store "charge"?
It is made of iron, which should be disruptive to etheric patterns. So, how does it work?
>>
>>18426731
thanks man, I really liked those
>>
>>18422145
>>18426986
>>18427068

http://www.tantrikstudies.org/blog/2016/2/5/the-real-story-on-the-chakras
not that there's anything wrong with a little Jung necessarily, but basically just keep your head and don't overreact
>>18428117
>Tipitaka (Sutta Pitaka), and I'm trying to get a few bits of the Abhidhamma Pitaka.
That's excellent news, thank you. It's very strange that the canon isn't widely available free online in every major language.
>>
>>18431460
>It's very strange that the canon isn't widely available free online in every major language.
Stranger still it's almost unknown outside of very devout orthodox circles and some universities.

Check this shit out:
>Pāli Canon in English Translation, Set
33 books in total
Set ISBN 502 0 £935.00 « Add to Basket »
Books included:
The Book of Analysis
The Book of Discipline 6 Volumes Set
Buddhist Manual of Psychological Ethics
Conditional Relations 2 Volumes Set
Connected Discourses 2 Volumes Set
Designation of Human Types
Discourse on Elements
Dialogues of the Buddha 3 Volumes Set
Elder's Verses 2 Volumes Set
Group of Discourses, 2nd Edition
Jātaka or Stories of the Buddha's former Births 3 Volumes Set
Middle Length Discourses of the Buddha
Minor Anthologies, Vol. III
Minor Readings and the Illustrator of the Ultimate Meaning
Numerical Discourses of the Buddha
The Path of Discrimination
Peta Stories
Points of Controversy
The Udāna and The Itivuttaka
Vimāna Stories
Word of the Doctrine

>Pāli Canon in Pāli (Tipiṭaka), Set
56 books in total
Set ISBN 423 7 £1,360.00 « Add to Basket »
Books included:
Aṅguttara-nikāya 6 Volume Set
Apadāna (2 Vols in one)
Buddhavamsa and Cariyāpiṭaka
Dhammapada (von Hinueber & Norman, eds.)
Dhammasaṅgaṇī
Dhātukathā with Commentary
Dīgha-nikāya 4 Volumes Set with Index
Itivuttaka
Jātaka with Commentary 7 Volumes Set
Kathāvatthu 2 Volumes Set with Index
Khuddakapāṭha with Commentary
Majjhima-nikāya 4 Volumes Set
Niddesa 3 Volumes Set (Mahāniddesa, Cullaniddesa, Index)
Paṭisambhidāmagga (2 Vols in one)
Paṭṭhāna 2 Volumes Set (Dukapaṭṭhāna, Tikapaṭṭhāna with Commentary)
Puggalapaññatti & Commentary (2 Vols in one)
Saṃyutta-nikāya 6 Volumes Set
Suttanipāta
Theragāthā / Therīgāthā
Udāna
Vibhaṅga
Vimānavatthu and Petavatthu
Vinaya-piṭaka 6 Volumes Set with Index
Yamaka 2 Volumes Set
[
>>
>>18431460
>http://www.tantrikstudies.org/blog/2016/2/5/the-real-story-on-the-chakras
>vibrate lam into your heart
this guy is a troll
>>
>>18431476
http://84000.co/about/inprogress/

Translation Progress

Translations Commissioned: 23,556 pages or 203 texts (33.7% of the Kangyur)
Translations Completed: 6,080 pages or 80 texts (8.7% of the Kangyur)
Translations Published: 1,192 pages or 29 texts (1.7% of the Kangyur)
>>
>>18431482
>http://84000.co/about/inprogress/
thanks again, great project an some sutra's are already up
>>
>>18431706
Yeah those are all goin' in the library.
>>
How did your exams go ape? What are you studying anyway?
>>
>>18431845
Great. Master of Public Administration; museum specialty.
>>
>>18431849
congratulations
>>
>>18431849
Can I come work at your creepy occult museum?
>>
>>18431955
The only thing truly creepy-occult we have is a New Guinea mask associated with infant mortality. The story goes when the colonists first arrived the kids were all dead/dying. They asked why. The local authorities brought them to a spot in the woods where they'd buried the mask which they asserted was responsible for the deaths. The colonists shipped it back to the West.

Sometime between then and now someone slapped on a coat of protective paint so instead of it being detailed and selectively painted it's just a solid brown scowl.
>>
>>18432003
what kind of program would one pursue if they wanted to (after graduation) chill and translate religious texts and other related academic shit? the museum thing sounds cool but id rather be in an ivory tower. that last sentence is mostly sarcasm, as i am an active practitioner, and i wouldnt be the dry academic type. should i just go study in india?
>>
>>18432107
>translate religious texts
Comparative religion. Philosophy of religion. Certain theological departments.

>should i just go study in india?
That's an option but find the program you want to enroll in and stick to it; they have no credit system and no Uni credit is transferable between Indian institutions.
>>
>>18432114
I'm going to check out a few universities this summer, seeing as I'm going to India anyway. Hopefully that Kashmir thing doesn't get too far out of hand, because I want to be able to go get initiated by a Kashmiri Saivist guru before you so I can cuck you :^)

I'm partially kidding because I don't think I'll go to Kashmir this time around anyway.
>>
>>18432130
Most Kashmiris aren't in Kashmir anymore.
If you wanted to go for a Saivist initiation I'd posit Nepal or West Bengal.

>not getting your initiation directly from Raktadevi
Baka desu onii-senpai.
>>
How can one get initiated into Greek mysteries? I feel an affinity with the teachings but it seems like the lines have only survived in a distorted occult form. Everything I've read about self-initiation seems either too fluffy and neopagan or too academic to reconstruct with my weak and tiny brain...
>>
>>18432142
>not getting your initiation directly from dropping eight tabs of acid and listening to Kashmir by Led Zeppelin
>>
>>18432142
Nepal, eh?
>>
>>18432151
>initiation via acid
>initiation into schizophrenia
>>
>>18432172
>talking to your split personalities on a tibetan breastfeeding tutorial blog
acid will probably bring you back to normal
>>
>>18432150
Do it yourself. Read through the texts in my Euro folder on the topic. I have faith in you.

>>18432168
Eeeeeyup.
You can also catch some non-Tibetan Vajrayana lineages out that way too.
>>
>>18432150
>How can one get initiated into Greek mysteries?
No, because most of what we have is just a weak reconstruction based on "best guesses".

You'd have as much luck worshiping Odin.
>>
>>18432193
That's good to know. I want to go to Rishikesh, maybe I'll take a road trip to Nepal...and literally die in the mountains. Car falls off the edge and I roll to my untimely death. Worth it.
>>
Serious question. Can Shaktipat get me laid? Like if I raised my serpent, would that make women horny af around me?
>>
>>18432214
>Can Shaktipat get me laid?
Not if you approach this like "man I need to smash some puss". Shakti is your mother, your sister, your teacher, every woman you meet, not just your lover.

Treat her and them with respect and all else falls into place.
>>
>>18432228
>Shakti is your mother, your sister, your teacher
No, that's retarded new age babble.

I know that Shakti and sexual energy go hand in hand. The idea is that women will get aroused by my mere magnetic presence.
>>
>>18432298

Well better get working on that magnetic presence then, cause it sure isn't showing now; anyways you're only gonna get idiots or abusive people like that.

GIGO
>>
>>18432298
>No, that's retarded new age babble.
She is the mother of mothers. Please point me to a tantra which supports your supposition.
>>
>>18432298
>>>/fringe/
>>
I'm rewording this after the mods deleted my post two times. I'm totally puzzled at this being offtopic on an occult thread.

>>18429725
>The point is THERE IS NO FUCKING INTENT.
>She is getting paid to be eccentric

>>18429772
>>18429772
>That's not the assertion. The assertion is a misreading of that intent

how are you so sure that you know the intent of the girl?

>>18429835
>Getting mixed emotions from an audience, that is not quite following what the performance is about, is not as effective as getting their true emotions, where they understand what is happening in front of them.
>Mixed emotions get mixed results.

There arent many emotions to be evoked by this but horror.
>>
>>18432208
You are severely misinformed.
>>
>>18432316
>you're only gonna get idiots
I kind of doubt that. I'm pretty sure everybody likes strong sexual energy.

>>18432322
>tantra
This is beyond your poo in the loo cult. Serpent cults existed in the west too.
>>
>>18432331
Read the Typhonian trilogies.
>>
>>18432003
Just curious, have any pics of that mask?
>>
>>18432338
Nope.
>>
>>18432329
Read the GMP and notice that it's 90% magical formulas to be chanted.

Do you really believe you can be "initiated into greek mysteries" without those cult-specific formulas which are probably lost to time? There is no line of transmission, so give up. Become a LARPagan or something.
>>
>>18432298
>No, that's retarded new age babble.
essentially what you said was
>no, the thing that is 2000 years old is new age babble because i don't know enough about anything to be able to tell the difference between ancient information and new age garbage
but then again you DID come into this thread asking if Shaktipat can get you laid, meaning that:
>youre retarded
>youre ignorant
>youre a virgin
the only answer your question deserves it "get the fuck out of here, retard"
>>
>>18432326
>after the mods deleted my post two times
I've read the other versions and attest to their deletion

>>18432331
Only idiots and abusive people are attracted to MERE magnetic presence.

But hey, what gives, you just want to shag right? You can shag idiots and abusive people alright, shouldn't be a stumbling block to your project.
>>
>>18432371
>You can shag idiots and abusive people alright
Exactly. I'm glad you get it.

>>18432354
>getting buttmad over my shakti
Success breeds jealousy.
>>
File: 250345_149384705134201_629911_n.jpg (57KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
250345_149384705134201_629911_n.jpg
57KB, 720x405px
>>18432326
Shes not a girl, she is a woman.
Shes old enough to be your or my mom.
Thats all Im gonna say on the topic of her ever again.

And, just prove a point, have a piece of one of my unfinished paintings.
Thats all Im gonna say on that topic ever again too.
>>
>>18432385
>>You can shag idiots and abusive people alright
>Exactly. I'm glad you get it.

If you're aware and okay with that then please - go nuts and godspeed on your task, I find it distasteful but we're surrounded by idiots and abusive people anyways, and most situations plus extra shagging are better than the same situation sans shagging.

>>18432385
I think he's reasonably upset you called new-age bullshit on him while you're declaring your intent to become what amounts to a PUA with an hinduist varnish - I'm sure we can all see the irony here.
>>
>>18432438
Why all that weird reaction with the topic? It looks like if she is in fact your mom
>>
Why are mods deleting comments and why is this an acceptable practice?
>>
>>18432466
[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS TOAST]
>>
>>18432466
If someone reports something, the Mods look at it.
If the Mod agrees that it is deletable for violating the rules, then it gets deleted.
Thats all there is to it.
Im sure they probably trawl /omg/ frequently.
>>18432461
Im sick of hearing ridiculous conspiracies about it, and Im grumpy and opinionated.
And I dont know how to keep my mouth shut when I start skipping time.
>>
>>18432438
>Shes not a girl, she is a woman.
That would depend on her level of maturity no?

>Shes old enough to be your or my mom.

Not at all, perhaps my younger sister.

(not the anon you originally responded to)
>>
File: venus_onirica.jpg (2MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
venus_onirica.jpg
2MB, 1536x2048px
>>18432438

YOWS that's awesome

I love it

My mom would love it

Have another - it's some years old already (six?) and I almost never do actual *paintings*

>Shes old enough to be your or my mom.

Friendly reminder:

Your mom or my mom, regardless of age (or anybody else for that matter), have all the right in the world to exercise and enjoy a sexual drive in whichever way they see fit with what-so-ever willing partners they desire... After all, aren't we the living proofs of such a thing?
>>
File: Ishtar.jpg (84KB, 451x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ishtar.jpg
84KB, 451x600px
>>18432515
>Your mom or my mom, regardless of age (or anybody else for that matter), have all the right in the world to exercise and enjoy a sexual drive in whichever way they see fit with what-so-ever willing partners they desire.

So very true.

Inanna is old enough to be anyone's mother.
>>
>>18432447
>I'm sure we can all see the irony here.
yeah that's what i was getting at
>>
>>18432515
>>18432438
>tfw you will never be competent beyond sketches and sigilizations
>but you will always draw relatively anatomically accurate hands and make your artfriends jelly
I don't want these feels.
>>
>>18432540
Most likely simply because you don't want to.

>but you will always draw relatively anatomically accurate hands and make your artfriends jelly
Yes, anatomical hands are bitches, honest congrats - but I think feet are even bigger bitches.
>>
>>18432540

A bit harsh ape.

Proportion and perspective are difficult to master for many students.

On the other hand...
Outside of academia, the same comment would be regarded as mild critique.
>>
>>18432540
Drawing and magic are based on the same principles: repetition, practice and will.
>>
>>18432515
Im not sure why the sky is yellow.
Something told me the sky where she is at is yellow.

I didnt mean to make moms unsexy.
What I mean is wether you love her, or hate her, shes not a girl.
A girl is pre-pubescent, technically.
Once you hit sexual maturity, you are a woman no matter what any one else thinks of you.
And if you are over the legal age of consent, definitely so in the eyes of the law.

Nice Madre Agua and Tiemblo Tierro, there.
Are those....minks?
Eating their own tails?
Im intrigued.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pX_OwScJugU
>>
>>18432575
>Im not sure why the sky is yellow.
>Something told me the sky where she is at is yellow.

You should consult a color wheel.

Why?

Because, contrast and subject matter.
>>
>>18432570

Was talking about himself

>>18432575
Aaaawesome

Nice posing, also that looks like Eisner style composition (or at least that's the way I learnt it, or if it's a different method both yield similar results, which isn't rare when it comes to composition methods)

>I didnt mean to make moms unsexy.
Okay, sorry if I barged in; I didn't think you were; I just wanted to set matters straight from the start.

>A girl is pre-pubescent, technically.
>Once you hit sexual maturity, you are a woman no matter what any one else thinks of you.
>And if you are over the legal age of consent, definitely so in the eyes of the law.

This is true to a great extent, but how we interact with others isn't as cut-and-dry, this has a lot to do with language too but can't be reduced to that either.

All women have been little girls, just as all men have been little boys; and everybody always is to a lesser or larger degree...

At least where I live, Spanish "niña" (lit. female child, small girl) is routinely used between octogenarian siblings to call each other, or between lovers, or family members, towards offspring of any age, occasionally between friends... the same happens with "niño".

From another angle, how much "like a kid" the parts of any (any!) sort of relationship allow themselves or each other to act, is a huge part of the nature of the relationship.
>>
>>18432575
re: minks

Hahhahahaahaha no, that's a poor and baseless rendition of a feathered ouroboros, certainly can't blame you :)
>>
>>18432570
>A bit harsh ape.
>>18432627
>Was talking about himself
^This.
>>
>>18432583
Honestly, I wasnt meaning to do the whole yellow is opposite Indigo thing.
I picked the color she told me to use.
I didnt know I was painting it yellow until that whole part was done.
I stopped working on her for a while, because I get stuck looking at her eyes and I forget what Im doing.
Im torn up over it now.
Before I started I knew I wanted to make something special.
But Im a little alarmed by the amount of energy its collected already.
>>
Forgive me if I use the wrong terminology and everything. I recently lost a loved one, and desperately wish to say goodbye and maybe help her move to something better (cystic fibrosis is evil). Is speaking to the dead safe for both spirit and living, and are there any rituals to help her avoid suffering?
>>
>>18432698
I'm sorry to hear that. There is little you can do to help her as she no longer needs help. She is not suffering on the other side. Wanting to say goodbye is natural, however you shouldn't go too far out of your way to speak to the dead in this state you're in right now. You could set up a little shrine with her picture and/or some of her things and just talk as if she's there. Give her attention and let her know she's still in your thoughts. If you were attuned to each other, you might get feel something. It'd be nice if one of the hoodoo people here would tell you a bit more about that sort of stuff, as they can articulate this stuff better than I.

I can suggest that, if you're distressed by this, you take some time to work on yourself, so that you not only regain composure, but so that you can advance down the spiritual path where, if you're meant for this sort of stuff, you can have a stronger connection with her. Mindfulness meditation would help a lot, right now. So would yogic practices like pranayama.
>>
Try some Angel summoning and lucid dreaming. It's been an impressive work in progress for me.
>>
>>18432652
>I picked the color she told me to use.
In that case, I redact my previous critique. Do not change a thing.

>Im torn up over it now.
No need. The divine trumps the old color wheel everytime, IMO.

>But Im a little alarmed by the amount of energy its collected already.
See, nothing to get torn about.

BTW, read up on Marina and found out she is 70 years of age?!?! Looks much younger.

She is old enough to be my mother after all.
>>
File: 3eyemst1.gif (7KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
3eyemst1.gif
7KB, 320x200px
>>18433234
>she is 70
Uh huh.
You should listen to me more.
Whipper snappers might learn a thing or two.
I dont say things just to see myself talking.
>>
File: Marina-Abramović.jpg (195KB, 736x489px) Image search: [Google]
Marina-Abramović.jpg
195KB, 736x489px
>>18434149
It's easy to keep looking young when you bathe in the blood of children ;^)
>>
File: you-kids-get-off-my-lawn.jpg (42KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
you-kids-get-off-my-lawn.jpg
42KB, 400x350px
>>18434154
Spare me...shes had fillers and botox.
Have you zoomed in on those cheeks?
Fillers....all day long.
Her lips are artificially plumped too.
The only thing she hasnt had done is her nose, because ghat would be obvious.
She has a GOOD surgeon and aesthetition.
I guarantee that black comes out of a bottle too.
If it makes her feel good, thats fine.
Im not being negative on that at all.
I dye my hair, and Ive tried a facial peel before.
(Paid for by someone else as a gift.)
I have tattos and piercings.
Im not down on anyone for changing their body.
If you want it, and you can afford it, do it if it makes you happy.
I just get frustrated when everyone tries to make something out of nothing.
Sometimes, there is something there.
But when there isnt, dont dig and dont try to invent things, please.
Writing fantastical recipes on a wall in corn syrup and charging rich people to come and see it ks not a ritual, or a dark coven of warlocks plotting to take over the universe.
At most, its absurdist humor in the mask of art preying on the gullible.
And spirit cooking probably just refers to transformation of your own soul.
So, it a piece about self awareness and self analysis.
No caucasion babies were harmed in the making of this exhibit, promise.
And, Im saying this without anger...just with cynicism and fatique.
>>
>>18434183
>shes had fillers and botox.
>Have you zoomed in on those cheeks
The lips are the dead givaway, imho.

>She has a GOOD surgeon and aesthetition.
Word.

>No caucasion babies were harmed in the making of this exhibit, promise.
>And, Im saying this without anger...just with cynicism and fatique.
I'm just 'avin a giggle because giggles are hard to come by these days.
>>
>>18434187
No ones lips are that smooth, unless they shoot some plumper in the cracks and creases.
Its just a fact of lips and nature.
Im just shell shocked this week.
I got 8 requests for presentations in one week.
And, all of them want their images and specs in the same week and its due in 2 weeks. And then, I have to bust my ass groveling to see if they will pay me and request more work. All while trying to court as many other clients as I can aka groveling.
Project Ive been working on for 2 years, not even joking 2 YEARS the client is pulling back at the last minute and sending the schematics to another company to knock off my design.
And, the man that keeps me in a trifle of pay so I dont become homeless is talking about sending the new person hes picked up to China to meet his contacts. Insult on top of injury. I practically fan him with a palm leaf all day, and my consulation prize is I get to design an ink pen for a Home Healthcare company.
Crumbs, I tell you.
Measely crumbs.
I try NOT to influence anything with my business work because I want to succeed on my own merits.
But, I honestly told my SO last week I was going to find out who I have to blow to get a smidgen of recognition for my effort.
Im ready to lower myself to Goetia and sexual favors for a bit of gas money.
>>
It's possible to summon a giantess?
>>
File: 58886-004-9DD8469A.jpg (42KB, 279x300px) Image search: [Google]
58886-004-9DD8469A.jpg
42KB, 279x300px
Im feeling purged.
Have an oldie but goodie

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bos/bos197.htm

>Compuserve
>Modem
>BBS
>Nostalgia
>>
File: IMG_0611.jpg (54KB, 640x446px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0611.jpg
54KB, 640x446px
I'm someone who's interested in starting to learn about/practice some form of occultism. I share a dorm with three other people right now and i'm not too keen on them finding out once I start to practice.

What's a tradition/something I can practice that'd be inconspicuous? Meditation and everything else should be fine, but i'm worried about what to do once I actually begin to study/practice.
>>
>>18434223
Wow palo your laboral situation sucks

Kinda common when selling your art, I feel your pain.

I'd try Goetia before sexual favors.
>>
>>18434223
>I try NOT to influence anything with my business work because I want to succeed on my own merits.

Palo, you realize your magical/will/spiritual aptitude IS a merit? I mean I understand if you want to do it without outside influences, but to say it's not one of your merits isn't really true.

Someone who has natural social charisma, or artistic talent, or is really good with math are all going to use their skills to succeed in their chosen field.

And besides you're a rootworker, employment workings are bread and butter. No reason not to assist yourself right?
>>
File: index.7.jpg (25KB, 300x272px) Image search: [Google]
index.7.jpg
25KB, 300x272px
>>18434300
Some say NAP works well, and its pretty easy to find online.
As far as I know, you dont need any paraphinalia to do it.
I dont know how solid the claims are.
I dont know if anyone has an etext here.
I found this facebook post when I was trying figure out what it was about.
m dot facebook dot com slash AntingAntingcom slash posts slash 538661872829096
It seems like self hypnosis.
Can anyone else chime in if this actually works?
>>
>>18434300
I'm biased, but you're in the thread at a good time to learn about hoodoo and folk magic. They have continuing themes of intentionally being stealthy and 'under the radar'
>>
>>18434332
^This.
We <3 Palo.

>>18434223
This is (partially) why I don't art.

>>18434240
Wrong thread.

>>18434267
I first read that back on Totse.

>>18434300
>i'm not too keen on them finding out once I start to practice.
Your practice should not be determined by others (unless they're your Guru or something).

>inconspicuous
Contemplative kabbalah?
>>
File: images (4).jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>18434332
Lol, let me reword that then.
I didnt want to cheat.
I know that I could call in a favor with Zarabanda, but thats like calling your dad to talk to the principal to get you out of detention.
And, for some reason it struck me as unethical.
For reasons that suddenly seem ridiculous, now that I honestly think about it.
Obviously, sometimes I cant or dont or wont brain.
>>
I know that there's no solid information on the meaning behind the valknut. That being said, what sort of meaning would it carry when used as a tattoo?
I enjoy the association with death, and Odin. Would like to know more about this symbol and shit before committing to it. Recommendations for books, reading, etc are all welcomed.
I've googled around and got items from the typical association with death and Odin; to people claiming it marks you as fodder for the gods.
>>
>>18423278

What he needs is a Cosmic Trigger.
>>
>>18434368
When you speak with Zarabanda, specifically mention your concerns, let him know you don't want to just outright cheat, but any kind of nudge or assistance would be helpful. Get your stuff in front of the right eyes, maybe do a honey jar on employers to sweeten them up a bit, any kind of abre de camino working, you're not really asking to succeed based on something that you don't have, you're just asking to have the obstacles removed and the path opened up.

Zarabanda isn't much of a cheater anyway and I think he'd take offense at the request to actually cheat, ask him to help you suceed and have the drive and luck required and I think he'd respond appropriately.
>>
Someone explain this shit to me.

What's the point of dissolving Maya? If reality is an illusion and you get rid of that illusion, what are you left with? Why even bother existing at that point?
>>
>>18434561
>What's the point of dissolving Maya
Depends on the system you're referring to.

>If reality is an illusion
Reality as in your running conception of consciousness is built up from a fabric of illusion. Much more than that depends on your system.

>and you get rid of that illusion, what are you left with
You don't get rid of it, it's a component of nature. You see through it.

>what are you left with?
You're left with Reality instead of reality.
>>
>>18434567
>You see through it.
Yes, but then nothing really changes. You still have to get a job to eat, meditate to maintain the state of seeing though Maya, etc.

If reality is an illusion, but it's an unchangeable illusion, what benefit is there in putting in tremendous effort to "see through it"? What makes it worth all the effort as compared to obtaining siddhis?
>>
>>18434575
>Yes, but then nothing really changes.

Before enlightenment:
>Chop wood and carry water

During enlightenment:

After enlightenment:
>>
File: red-pill.jpg (46KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
red-pill.jpg
46KB, 1200x600px
>>18434575
>>
>>18434584
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. No fucking point spending hours a day to escape "maya" then.
>>
Also, shouldn't the highest goal of Yoga practice then be to imprint your soul with positive Karma? That way, if you're stuck in "maya" anyway, you might as well enjoy it?
>>
File: nature pixel 2.gif (986KB, 500x477px) Image search: [Google]
nature pixel 2.gif
986KB, 500x477px
Anyone here familiar with GD stuff? I've got some questions about it. Is there even any point in memorizing all these apparently random correspondences and charts? Like, it seems as if it's going in circles with metaphors but doesn't actually have any meaning. For example, I'm going through Israel Regardie's Complete Golden Dawn System of Magic and it seems like the Tattwas are basically just elements. I thought the GD used those too, so why not just learn that? Why have all these different symbols for the same thing? It all just strikes me as tedious and unnecessary; at this point I'm just trying to learn it so that I can know what other people are talking about. If I'm just being a faggot and there are actually some differences that make all of this relevant, please let me know. Everything I've read seems to make sense on some level except for GD. They just kind of shovel things down your throat without offering any kind of explanation, and when you try to research more to understand what things are based on, you end up with more of the same thing.

Also, why do they all hate each other? Every book I've looked at from them always has something like "yeah we're great, unlike those other blasphemous assholes down the street." How are you going to act like you understand some kind of fundamental truth about the universe and then turn around and get butt blasted over high school drama? Like what is that shit even about? I know apparently some of them like Jesus and some of them are super-evil satanists or something. I'd try to read more and find out what the drama is about but at this point I'd probably just get directed to some retarded chart of correspondences that listed a bunch of mean twitter posts in Hebrew and have to trace the dates by their fucking zodiac sign.

Maybe I'm reading the wrong thing? Is there a more introductory introduction?
>>
>>18434648
>Is there even any point in memorizing all these apparently random correspondences and charts?
To make your own rituals.

>the Tattwas are basically just elements
Sorta. You actually read up on the Hindi conception of them?

>I thought the GD used those too, so why not just learn that?
To become familiar with multiple systems in multiple cultures.

>Why have all these different symbols for the same thing?
Yeah, that's dumb, why would we ever need two symbols for the same concept. The letters 'K' and 'Y' are false flags.

>please let me know
Here's your acknowledgement.

>They just kind of shovel things down your throat without offering any kind of explanation
How is going through the rungs of the Tree of Life in ritual form not an explanation?

>why do they all hate each other?
Because sects.

>some of them are super-evil satanists or something
???

>I'd probably just get directed to some retarded chart of correspondences
This...may not be for you. If you think this is excessive wait until you start reading about Tantra.

>Is there a more introductory introduction?
Wikipedia.
>>
>>18434648
I wish my English was better.

Imagine you use a stick to carve a path in sand for a marble. It will be easier for the marble to go where you want with a path.

With magic, you could say you carve paths in the astral and etheric planes, to do work.

Memorizing the tables "carves paths" in your consciousness at these levels, making magic easier. I hope I'm making sense.
>>
>>18434648
Regardie is no good for a beginner beginner.
Start with some comparitive religion instead.
If that floats your boat, then move on.
But, you have to get used to the concept that perhaps EVERYTHING is connected just a little and have a really basic introduction to the most common world religions before you can read GD and any of it seem useful.
It SEEMS like you may be confused because your not understanding that all systems are describing the same thing essentially with different terms.
Start with The Golden Bough, or some Joseph Campbell. Another good book is The Dancing Wu Lei Masters. Or, The Goblin Universe.
Any of those are Novice level introductory eye openers, and a couple of them are just fun to read as well.
Later, if you go back to Regardie and it still doesnt float your boat, dont dispair.
Theres plenty more to be seen.

So, I tried NAP this afternoon to see what that was about.
That is relaxing as hell.
And I felt REALLY good afterward.
Like, no anxiety at all. I felt really calm and centered like Id just meditated in a cave for a million years.
I still think its self hypnosis, but I feel like it wasnt a waste of my time.
Im gonna keep doing the ritual I picked to read and see what happens.
Another thing I noticed, it was so relaxing, all the muscles in my back relaxed and I actually forgot about a pain I was having not 5 minutes before I started reading.
So, if you have reoccuring aches, read some NAP cause that is THE best muscle relaxer ever.
>>
>>18434664
Not to bother you again but what's up with those documents from satyr? I know, I know, patience
>>
>>18435014
What's NAP?
>>
File: images (5).jpg (7KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
7KB, 194x260px
>>18435439
New Avatar Power.
From what I can tell its Self Hypnosis/Self Help.
The book been around for a little while.
If Im curious about something I try it to see what I think of it.
If I like parts of it, I keep them to reuse.
Im gonna follow their instructions and see what happens.
Apparently you do it every day at the same time until you get the result.
Supposedly its pretty quick.
So, hopefully I can have an informed opinion of it pretty soon.
>>
File: Ellis_Sigil.jpg (86KB, 550x674px) Image search: [Google]
Ellis_Sigil.jpg
86KB, 550x674px
> daemonology
> diy alchemy for personal ((((transmutation))))
> give voice to the divine Will inside

anyone wants this? for research purposes, of course.

source: neo-pagan
>>
>>18435431
Sorry I'll get on that tomorrow mornin'.
>>
File: 1927.png (2MB, 3053x2411px)
1927.png
2MB, 3053x2411px
>>18435193

you already have the knowledge, or at least suspect what you must do to make yourself physically stronger
>>
File: 1479951867647.jpg (16KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
1479951867647.jpg
16KB, 300x224px
>>18425304
fucking...triggered....
>>
>>18435540
Other than lifting no.

I'm not interested in astral projection, or summoning spirits, or anything like that.

I basically just want to go after more videogame type magic.
>>
File: 1480314358795.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480314358795.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>18435574

lifting, eating properly, drinking water, no vices, etc -> they all encompass the "healthy lifestyle"

you need to do lots of things if you wanna perfect yourself
>>
>>18435014
I've had the effect you described, down to the back pain, from self-hypnosis, but it took a few sessions practice so if NAP got you there first try that's not bad in my book. Although you may be more suggestible than me.
>>
File: Fireball.jpg (75KB, 569x361px) Image search: [Google]
Fireball.jpg
75KB, 569x361px
>>18435576
When I said lifting I basically meant all that surrounds it as well.

I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, or have caffeine. I have my lifting routines down after a few years of seeing what's best for me, and I eat very well for my goals as well.

It's just magical power I'm looking for, to go beyond human limits for the body (without roiding), and to have the elements themselves under my command as well as whatever energies lay within.
>>
>>18435014

zachariah sitchin is a good comparative read too
>>
File: tumblr_o3awbtxonu1rgeu8eo1_400.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3awbtxonu1rgeu8eo1_400.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>18435583
Going into it, I already had a notion that might be what it was.
Im not sure how suggestible I normally am, but I purposely made it a point to really get into it with this experiment and be as open as possible.
So that may have had an effect as well.

>>18435605
Ive never read Sitchen, even though I am aware of him. I think I didnt try to read his books, because I may have been given an impression of him I didnt like for whatever reason at the time. Its been SO long ago, that I cant even remember the context at this point. Ill try to look up some of his books after I finish the NAP experiment. I dont want to bite off too much at one time.
>>
I am soon going to die and I have limited experience with astral projection, but I've heard stories about ascended masters who exist after death on the astral plane.

Is it possible to achieve such a thing in 6-8 months? And how?
>>
>>18435649
Such things don't happen until one comes to terms with the nature of death, which is convieniently something you ought to be doing anyway
>>
File: 342.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
342.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>18422684

Classic con artistry. The man was born in Israel, was exposed as a fake because religious Jews are completely against the use of "magic", came to the United States in California no less (used Atheist Jewish connections in Hollywood to milk his persona)

As for the "research" done on him during the cold war, it wasn't uncommon for both sides in the war to give the illusion that they had unlocked some sort of psychic potential which could be used against the enemy. This is well documented. It is likely that they chose him due to his background.

All war is deception after all.

Lastly, in his spoon bending you can clearly see that there is a premade cut in the fork he is bending at 33:32

Shortly after, he talks about quitting showbiz and retiring to his mansion and tricking out his car with bent spoons to brag to his Israeli friends how he had "made it".

He then talks about how he caused the big ben to stop.

Why haven't you guys realized that you can never trust Jews? They have always claimed to have some sort of supernatural gift which entitles them to a better life than filthy goy.

I watched the entire documentary with an open mind, but seeing how he capitalized at every turn on his "power" and how every testimony comes from a Jew or someone who profits from his schemes made my stomach turn.
>>
>>18435645
silly dog, you'll never fit that in your n'ganga it's far too big.
>>
>>18435014
>The Goblin Universe
I'm not that Anon. Oh, my endless shopping list. I'm saving to buy The Rebirth of Pan, and I can't afford even that now.
>>
A loved one and I have parted ways. I can't be there to protect her anymore so I want to make a mojo hand to keep her safe from others and herself. I've never performed voodoo before, or any ritual for that matter, so I'd like some suggestions. I do have strong love to imbue this with. Once I assemble my ingredients and sew the bag (from an old dress of hers... Or underwear... white?) and it is ready to to go together, what should the ritual include? Any ideas for curio or ingredients other than plants/stones appreciated too.
>>
File: 0buXZ.gif (2MB, 346x194px) Image search: [Google]
0buXZ.gif
2MB, 346x194px
>>18436117
EXACTLY.
>>
File: Ghn6HZZ.gif (2MB, 370x319px) Image search: [Google]
Ghn6HZZ.gif
2MB, 370x319px
>>18436655
Life....finds a way.
>>
>>18436605
We hit the limit.
We can talk about this next thread.
Can you stick around?
>>
>>18436674
>>
I'm planning on invocation of random entities for synergic existense. Did this before, as a child (not being even aware of what I'm doing), but I believe I'm ready for a more serious cooperation with the beyond. What are the chances of me totally losing conciousness?
>>
>>18436787
New
>>
File: the-shadows-of-goetia.gif (39KB, 300x253px) Image search: [Google]
the-shadows-of-goetia.gif
39KB, 300x253px
>>18420614
Okay, anons. I'd like to ask for help on how to contact goetic demon to help me change my life. My position in life, social and financial status both and prospects of my own future make me sick and self-hating. Not being delusional, I know the odds are stacked against me to get what I want in life and I believe some demon could help me reach my goals (maybe Orobas because he is faithful..?). I want them to get me an edge or opportunity to make my dreams come true, in return I'd help further their own agenda in this world, whatever that may be.

I know there are anons here with experience in this and I beg you to share knowledge on how to achieve this.

I have limited space and knowledge neccesary for a goetic evocation/invocation so any help would mean a lot.

Can you suggests a book or source on how to make an evocation.

Or perhaps even describe a simple BUT effective method for me to do an evocation and contact them.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.