[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/scary space/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 39

File: 0-1.jpg (49KB, 449x395px)
0-1.jpg
49KB, 449x395px
What's the spookiest space stuff you know? It can be anything from theories, pics to facts.

Pic related:
Boötes void

>The supervoid measures 250 million light-years in diameter, representing approximately 0.27% of the diameter of the observable universe, which itself is a daunting 93 billion light-years across. Its volume is estimated at 236,000 Mcp3, making it the largest known void in the Universe.
>The Boötes void could be the result of an expanding Kardashev III scale civilization. As the colonization bubble expands outward from its home system, the civilization dims each star (and subsequently each galaxy) it encounters by blanketing it in a Dyson shell. This might also explain why the void has such a nice, spherical shape. Given that the void is about 700 million light-years from Earth, and that intelligent life could have emerged in the Universe about 4 billion years ago, this ancient civilization may have had enough time to perform this astonishing feat of cosmological engineering.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/5923493/behold-the-bootes-void-the-spookiest-place-in-the-cosmos
>>
Such bs
>>
>>18419154
Your mom said the same thing when you were born.
>>
>>18419103
utter bullshit. you dont actually know anything about astronomy do you?
>>
>>18419446
ok then genius, please tell us all why its bs
>>
>>18419459
you dumb fuck. voids have nothing to do with your fantasy alien Dyson sphere bullshit. They arent completrly empty. There are galaxies in them. There is more than one void. Bootes Void isnt even the largest and they appear to be an integral part to the structure of the universe. Now stop posting
>>
>>18419459
you know, there are people in the world that study this stuff, in depth, for pay. Not everyone works at Jack in the Box OP. Some of us actually have degrees and stuff.
>>
>>18419472

Your post is just more evidence for Dyson spheres dumb ass. If there are galaxies there why can't we see them?
>>
>>18419472
>Now stop posting
No, fuck you.

Also, I'm not OP, I saw a call of bs and wanted to know why it was so. You have an agression problem, go find a girl and/or some weed.
>>
Filename
>>
>>18419483

>i can't tell you what's up but I have paper with words saying i passed school so let me tell you its nothing
>>
>>18419483
>Some of us actually have degrees and stuff

And yet here you are being triggered on /x/
>>
File: hubble deep field.png (2MB, 1435x719px) Image search: [Google]
hubble deep field.png
2MB, 1435x719px
this is an image from the Hubble deep field archive. It depicts more than 3,000 galaxies or stars.

Let that sink in.
>>
>>18419503
i called bs. bc it is bs. u sarcastically called me a genius. i replied in kind but skipped the sarcasm. you have the agression problem son, albeit a passive one. thats probably just because youre a fat pussy though. its ok. I would like to see a spooky space thread but space is spooky enough without spreading blatant falsehoods about it for the sake of a scare.
>>
>>18419510
>>18419513
>triggered
im not the one samefagging up /x/
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-12-20-54-22.png (292KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-12-20-54-22.png
292KB, 800x1280px
>>18419527

Swing and a miss

>still refusing to back up your knowledge.
>>
>>18419103
You know what?
This cuold be even worse.

If our universe is meta-stable, it means that one day it will collapse under new laws of physics, destroying all the properties of this one.

The TRUE universe would come to life by destroying this one that it wuld be just a phase before the real one.

If such things does happens, a void like this would what we would see: the collapse of the laws of physics in all directions into a sphere shaped void.

Inside the void, new laws of physics, probably not compatible with ours.

Outside, the laws would still existsd as long the bubble didnt reach it us yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_vacuum#Vacuum_metastability_event

https://cosmosmagazine.com/physics/vacuum-decay-ultimate-catastrophe
>>
>>18419522

So fucking post something original you raging ape-like cunt
>>
>>18419555

Relevant Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijFm6DxNVyI
>>
>>18419545
well regardless. thing is even a cursory look at the literature would tell you that the dyson sphere theory is bunk. at least the way it is presented here anyway. Voids are completely empty. There is matter. Entire galaxies. I think something like 50 galaxies have been found in the Bootes Void for instance. These are just areas where there isnt the same distribution of matter when compared to other parts of the universe. It appears that a lot of the universe consists of these voids. They haven't been known all that long. And they are interesting. But the real.explanation for them probably rests in the earliest history of the universe. Of course anyone is free to disregard the science and believe as they wish but voids just arent that spooky. Empty sure. But spooky? Not if you learn a little about them, at least in my opinion

Maybe the wow signal or something would be good
>>
>>18419572
*arent completely empty
>>
I'll admit the Boötes void is weird and spoopy, but I tend to doubt it's because of aliens. That sounds like something Gizmodo would write though.

Here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Void_%28astronomy%29
>>
>>18419522
>>18419522
Well when you open with an aggressive response, you should expect some sarcasm in return. I mean really, how hard is it to say "This is incorrect because x, I study astronomy" instead of getting all haughty & shitty about everything?

But wow, I've never seen someone get triggered so hard by an idea, or by being sarcastically called genius - never happened to you as a kid? Most people take it as banter.

>you have the agression problem son, albeit a passive one. thats probably just because youre a fat pussy though. its ok

lol! Irony
>>
>>18419582
>"This is incorrect because x, I study astronomy
kek. >>>/hugbox/
>>
File: every x thread ever.gif (2MB, 350x221px) Image search: [Google]
every x thread ever.gif
2MB, 350x221px
>>18419587
>>18419582
>>18419563
>>18419545
>>18419527
>>18419522
Knock it off or just kiss already.

Post some spooky space stuff. Personally I find dark matter/dark energy to be spooky as shit. The idea of the universe being full of stuff we can't directly detect creeps me out.
>>
There is a star that was discovered to have strange periods of dimming. None of the natural explanations seem to fully explain it so the idea of an advanced civilization constructing a Dyson Swarm is still on the table.

Some natural explanations:

>comet swarm
>planetary collisions
>protoplanetary material
>aliens
>>
>>18419649
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KIC_8462852
>KIC 8462852 is also known as the "WTF Star"

With our luck, it'll end up being a bunch of comets.
>>
>>18419572
The Bootes Void IS spooky. It is 0.27% or roughly 1/400 of the universe. Do you know how fucking big that is?? The universe has trillions of galaxies and then there is that void where you could travel for BILLIONS of years and not find even 1 particle, only absolute darkness. You wouldn't even see your hand. That is scary as fuck and the closest thing to hell. It is beyond me how you could not find that scary.
>>
Okay how about this, this bends my mind:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observable_universe
>If the Universe is finite but unbounded, it is also possible that the Universe is smaller than the observable universe. In this case, what we take to be very distant galaxies may actually be duplicate images of nearby galaxies, formed by light that has circumnavigated the Universe. It is difficult to test this hypothesis experimentally because different images of a galaxy would show different eras in its history, and consequently might appear quite different.

So instead of us just having a tiny limited view of a huge universe, like lighting one candle inside a giant cavern - which is spooky enough - we could be in something more like a hall of mirrors (not exactly because it's not reflecting, but you know what I mean). Imagine achieving interstellar flight, taking off in one direction to explore the cosmos, and then coming across the same shit you just flew past a few years ago.
>>
>>18419761
>It is beyond me how you could not find that scary.
Agreed
>>
File: MgJEdL0.png (213KB, 370x456px) Image search: [Google]
MgJEdL0.png
213KB, 370x456px
>>18419514
are you sure you want to do that?
>>
>>18419809
how long have you been waiting to use that pic

genuinely curious
>>
>>18419812
what matters is that i seized the opportunity
>>
>>18419793
Somehow a tiny universe wold be even scarier than a big one. Maybe I've just got used to the prospect of limitless possibilities.

Hell all options are terrifying. A finite universe, an infinite universe.

But my guess is that space is an illusion and we live in a hologram/simulation. Your mirror hypothesis would fit in this mode.

Space is just too weird to be true. There is no way you actually have to travel quadrillions^quadrillions of miles to go somewhere. Who needs all that god damn space? It's too much! This can't be real.
>>
>>18419103
>what is a cloud of gas?
>>
>>18419905
>muh swamp gas
people like you need to be dragged out into the street and shot
>>
File: tmp_9654-x22075619005.jpg (42KB, 802x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9654-x22075619005.jpg
42KB, 802x600px
>>18419880
Just our galaxy has over 200,000,000,000 stars, each of which may have more or less planets than our own sun. Our galaxy is not even a very large one nor is it near any great clusters of other galaxies. Our humanoid bodies may be a common form in this region of our arm of the galaxy but in the central hub this is not the case and less so as you turn your attention to the regions beyond the five arms of our milky way.

The races of beings that visit us have sought out knowledge in many forms and they have directed their attention to such anomalies and yet they still come to us to learn even more. You can do more with your own mind than you may have yet imagined.
>>
>>18419961
You can literally see where the gas thins around the edges, and the light from the stars behind the cloud penetrates through.
>>
>>18419966
Whoops meant>>18419914
>>
>>18419809
Wow.. Just wow..
Just let that sink in.
>>
File: 1481594716244.jpg (72KB, 539x521px) Image search: [Google]
1481594716244.jpg
72KB, 539x521px
>>18419880
>>
>>18419508
He let himself be killed to save Gagarin.
Forewarning, the audio is -sad-
https://youtu.be/3Z_m7onLw74
>>
File: 1435501469098.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1435501469098.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>18419809
>>
>>18419103
I suppose one of the most disturbing things that I know about space is the nature of the living beings from the central hub of our galaxy. One of the dominate forms in the star dense radiation saturated galactic hub looks only slightly like an octopus made of black carbonized material. But within its extending tendrils are nodes that each house a being of independent consciousness. Just realize that remote viewing it a valid source of information.

There is at least one race of beings that will notice if you direct your specific and focused consciousness toward their galactic home. If you have the aptitude to engage them they will cognitively acknowledge you in a manner that can be perceived.

Again, let that sink in.
>>
>>18419103
Wouldn't it be amazing to be in a solar system floating in that void. I don't mean a galaxy, but just a loan solar system floating through that void.

A civilization born in that solar system would have no way of ever reaching out to other star systems and would be 100s of millions of lightyears away from anything of worth. It amazing.
>>
>>18420043
How would I go about directing myself to them if I don't know where their galactic home is in relation me ?
>>
space is big
>>
>>18420089

Here are the coordinates:

7F84A93G286G2O95T
>>
>>18420117
Don't need ur mum's address, I already know it, waiting on our tripfriend for an actual response
>>
>>18420060
I think the word you are looking for is terrying, not amazing. And suicidal.

But another thought: Isn't it disturbing that life could spawn anywhere (theoretically)?

Some poor fags probably spawned close to a black hole or a supernova or a void.

Another reason why I think this is a simulation. Our spot is too cozy. Average sun, average galaxy, average age, not to close and not too far from the galaxies center, a moon... etc...
>>
>>18420157
I don't particularly enjoy the simulation theory creeps me the fuck out- what do they have to gain from simulating a bunch of Neanderthals with average ass tech

(Joking aside that theory really fucks with me)
>>
>>18420192
They are probably perverts.
>>
>>18420242
The power required for a simulation of this universe and all its tiny details is immense and all for perverted reasons, kek
>>
>>18420276
Would not surprise me desu
>>
>>18419166
Kek
>>
the... ummm.... covenant? *blinks*
>>
>>18419880
Their is a number called the monster. its huge. basically consisting of several hundred million symmetries like a giant snowflake. I think that black holes create new universes, and other universes are creates by black holes, and if u take every universe and black hole as massive as they seem to us, the resulting shape would be a snowflake with hundreds of millions of symmetries and limitless dimentions. weather or not this is really big or really small... would be relative on the point of view observing the phenomena.
>>
>>18419961
We are Consciousness given form. I would imagine the drones (a reocurring tale of ET abductions) dont have the imagination or creativity of us.

As you begin to unlock your mind and consciosness expansion occurs yopu realize that all of everything is effectted b y the butterfly effect, and all thoughts have weight to them.
>>
>>18419472
You're the fucking worst type of person
>>
>>18420043
are there mental health clinics in your area?
>>
>>18419761
> you wouldnt even see your hand

Im high right now and am currently freaking out about that type of hell.

Goddamn man...
>>
>>18419793
> Imagine achieving interstellar flight, taking off in one direction to explore the cosmos, and then coming across the same shit you just flew past a few years ago.

fuuuuuuuuck
>>
File: images.jpg (14KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 320x287px
astronomyfag here

that picture is actually the Barnard 68 nebula, it gets mistaken for and mislabled as the Boötes void all the time and it's actually only about half a light year across

the reason it's dark is because it's gaseous and full of dust particles that absorb most of the energy being radiated outwards, including light
>>
File: 2345242345.png (166KB, 375x328px) Image search: [Google]
2345242345.png
166KB, 375x328px
>>18420832
actual Boötes void looks like this
>>
>>18420773
Well it might as well be paradise.

Think about it, because of the quietness and darkness your thoughts and imagination would feel so much more real to you. There would only be you and your mind and isn't the mind a universe of its own? You couldn't watch anime... but maybe you could imagine anime and it would be far superior to anything you watched because you are in total control. Eventually you would make up entire universes to pass the time...
>>
>>18420932
You should check out float tanks man its basically that
>>
>>18420738
>woman detected
>>
>>18419103
Lord Beerus destroyed this part of the universe when he couldn't find the Super Dragon Balls.
>>
File: bootes .jpg (227KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bootes .jpg
227KB, 600x600px
>>18419103
>>
>>18420853

So why is it even called a void?
>>
File: 1408516513603.png (39KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1408516513603.png
39KB, 125x125px
>>
>>18419103
>Empty void 1 billion lightyears across

Holy shit thats horrifying
>>
>>18419572
>Implying vast emptiness isn't spooky as fuck
>>
>>18419103
thats not a picture of the Boötes void
>>
>>18421387
because it is a void
>>
>>18420157
>Another reason why I think this is a simulation. Our spot is too cozy. Average sun, average galaxy, average age, not to close and not too far from the galaxies center, a moon... etc...

So you're saying it's not a coincidence that life formed on a planet with agreeable conditions for such a thing to happen?
>>
>>18420089

Stumbled across this one myself. I was frustrated by a native American friend who knew a lot of stuff but did not really grasp the proportions of space. In order to clarify the difference in scale between a solar system and a galaxy I had made the effort to gather the most detailed examination of the only other galaxy that is close enough, Andromeda. I sat for several hours examining the images detailing the regions that can be discerned from here. When I got up to leave the house, just as I reached the door, I had a very detailed visual image suddenly enter my mind. It was of an amorphous body form somewhat wax like with lighter pastel colors that were silvery and reflective. I was able to see the room it was in and see some tool that it held, a small black rectangle with some form of a control surface.
The vision was far too detailed to be simple imagining. I had spent years studying the nature of mental images and had worked with dreams and various forms of cognitive collection of data, visual and otherwise. I'm very frequently able to see in mental vision any creature that directs it's attention toward me. I mean specifically focused toward me. Usually this is in the form of a vivid detailed dream from the point of view of the being directing its attention toward me. Obviously this kind of thing has to be qualified with double blind research conditions while developing confidence in the validity of the skills. To be able to discern validity when the training wheels are off is never 100% trusted but it is still a very valuable source of perceptual knowledge. The Marines never put boots on the ground if all they have is mental images as a start source. Visual eyes on confirmation of target is the only way to insure that your information is valid. But these methods were used to determine if a potential target was actually Saddam or one of his many body doubles.

Well.. gotta go to work.
>>
>>18421491

It doesn't work like that. Life formed here and adapted, not the other way around. Things are not perfect for life here, they're a reflection of the enviornment they come from.
>>
>>18419472
PhD in Astrophysics here and irregardless of whether you a right or not, you are an absolute cunt.

The fact you are even posting on this fucking board means you leave your (very small) superiority at the door.

Fucking Bsc in physics?

Golly gee, what a genius.
>>
>>18421575
>The fact you are even posting on this fucking board
dude. you.
>>
>>18421575
>PhD in Astrophysics
> irregardless
>>
>>18419555
> If this were the case, a bubble of lower-energy vacuum could come to exist by chance or otherwise in our universe, and catalyze the conversion of our universe to a lower energy state in a volume expanding at nearly the speed of light, destroying all of the observable universe without forewarning.

None of the voids are expanding at the speed of light.
>>
File: ChristopherEccleston.jpg (18KB, 209x250px) Image search: [Google]
ChristopherEccleston.jpg
18KB, 209x250px
>>18421575
> PhD
> "irregardless"
>>
>>18419103
It's cosmic dust that's blocking the stars. Do some research for once you fucking superstitious retards
>>
>>18420676
You are closer than you know, this is a fractal here and now
>>
>>18421524
Talk to us tho
>>
>>18421584
Beat me
>>
>>18419801
>>18419103
From Wikipedia:
>60 galaxies had been discovered in the Boötes Void.
>It has been theorized that the Boötes void was formed from the merger of smaller voids, much as soap bubbles coalesce to form larger bubbles. This would account for the small number of galaxies that populate a roughly tube-shaped region running through the middle of the void.

Nothing to see here.

>>18419880
There are weirder things out there, maybe under your nose. Time maybe a sort of illusion, because of the way our minds evolved.
>>
>>18421575
eat a dick george
>>
>>18421657
To address the subject of this thread, the origins of matter were a great epoch of time with subatomic particles not yet about to form even an atom. In a great coalescing there was a development that resulted in the formation of a massive field of hydrogen. Pure hydrogen for all the area of the defined space of the universe and it is necessary to point out that space is essentially a relationship between established atomic structure, and time is a measurement of developmental processes within this defined field; neither time nor space existed as we know them prior to this event. The bubbles/voids that you see in space were formed at the time of this massive field of hydrogen. Over time the natural processes of gravity generated stars and planets all of hydrogen and the forces within these formed gradually more dense atomic materials.

That's how I understand it. If you can correct or add more I'm interested. Nice talking to qualified folks. I can add some stuff about the higgs boson and it's field.
>>
>>18421679
>Nothing to see here.
I see what you did there.
>>
>>18420738

crybaby
>>
>>18419503

>You have an agression problem, go find a girl and/or some weed.

What the fuck is this? Why is someone like you even posting on 4chan, you little weenie.
>>
It really is pathetic how triggered the autistic retards on this board get when you disprove their silly childish conspiracy theories.
>>
We're in space all the time

spooky
>>
>>18421806
Shhhh

Some of us enjoy reading the crazy.

Don't discourage them
>>
>>18419103
that thing is a Pac-man
>>
>>18421940
>pac-man's goal is to eat all the white/yellow/bright coloured dots before he can move on to his next level/plane of existence
>all of them
ohhh shiiiii-
>>
>>18421575
Phd
>irregardless
>>
ITT:
Idiots who are frightened by basic space facts and a faggot with severe centering problems who spits pseudo-spiritual bs.
>>
The only scary thing about space is that it's completely, utterly devoid of counscious life.
>>
>>18421940
>>18421959
Pac-Man (1980) must have been the inspiration for the monoliths devouring Jupiter in the 2010 movie (1984).
>>
>>18422058
congratulations, you pooped on the thread. I bet that did wonders for your self-esteem.
>>
>>18422078
Congratulations, you won. Sadly, your I.Q. is still room temperature though.
>>
>>18422096
Fahrenheit or Celsius?
>>
Faggitarous rex the super massive faggoty black bunghole.
>>
>>18422122
Either way not that impressive.
>>
File: 41gnjOlhSSL.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41gnjOlhSSL.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
>>18420646

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Municipal_solid_waste
>>
File: 1481556190718.jpg (9KB, 248x187px) Image search: [Google]
1481556190718.jpg
9KB, 248x187px
>>18419103
>He believes in space
>>
>>18420832
>>18420853
/thread
>>
File: skinwalkers...in space.jpg (96KB, 640x394px) Image search: [Google]
skinwalkers...in space.jpg
96KB, 640x394px
>>18419103
>>
>>18422853
That's pretty fucking funny, boss.
>>
>>18419793
-..not even 1 particle
LOL
Do you know how fucking stupid that is??
>>
>>18419905
-what is a cloud of gas?
Detectable. That and visible.
BAKA
>>
>>18421575
It's fun to pretend, huh kiddo?
>>
>>18419966
Jesus, Christ.. Really?
You do realize that there is depth to the void... right...?
(It isn't gas causing what what you're seeing)
>>
>>18420710
Or maybe they live only in their imagination so they're easy to take control of and direct because they're never really "here"
>>
>>18421575
HAHA holy shit, what a faggot..
>irregardless
How can you be that stupid? You are clearly just a dropout, who probably saw a special on The History Channel and decided that you have what it takes.

Golly gee, what an ignorant piece of shit.
>>
>>18423526
Have to agree with anon that the use of the word irregardless does indeed disclose a poor intellect. Had a friend who used it all the time, and he is a stoner faggot
>>
Magnetars and dead stars creep me the fuck out with what they can do.
>>
>>18419880
>it is not practical so it is not real

How stupid are you?
>>
>>18419880
Imagine entire planets and galaxies condensed into to the size of a match box but weighed the same as those planets and galaxies. Black holes man, creepy things, especially ur moms.
>>
>>18419761
>You wouldn't even see your hand
Not as terrifying as you might think. I was at Carlsbad Caverns, on one of the tours they did a thing in one of the lower caves where they turned out all the lights. Short of a hermetically sealed box, closest thing you can have to "pure" pitch black.

But I thought it was weird, I could see my hand in front of me okay enough. Then our guide explained to us that your brain isn't really equipped to deal in total darkness, so you actually experience a visual hallucination. Unless you have some neural issue and have no kinesthetic sense for some reason, your brain "knows" where your hand is, it's relatively trivial for it to simulate visual perception.

tl;dr if you actually couldn't see your hand, you wouldn't know. You could argue that in itself is spooky but that's another topic.

Though if you had infrared goggles you could just see it normally, human body is hot enough that it creates light in that frequency on it's own just fine.

...I'm now curious what would happen if you put someone in pitch black, made them hold out their hand, but then without their knowledge moving some barrier in front of the hand before turning the lights back on. Imagine sitting there viewing the faint but visible outline of your hand to suddenly become aware that it isn't even in your field of view. Reminds me of the Allegory of the Cave, lol.
>>
File: nierver ever.png (201KB, 512x539px) Image search: [Google]
nierver ever.png
201KB, 512x539px
> people don't know voids a footprint, a literal 3d hole, in space produced when the big bang's expansion collided with massive object-entities that existed in the pre-universal limbo
>>
>>18424112
>people don't know voids a footprint, a literal 3d hole
A void is just an empty space. A "3d hole" would be something like a wormhole, not anything close to the same thing.
>>
>>18420192
The problem is you're still thinking egocentrically.
>what do they have to gain from simulating a bunch of Neanderthals with average ass tech
Ever thought we aren't the purpose of the simulation at all and are just a byproduct of the rules of what they are trying to simulate, if they aren't just simulating the ruleset itself?
>>
>>18421798

Not who you're responding to, but you sound like a kid. Just saying, man.
>>
>>18419103
Kind of Guy Who believes in the horoscope
>>
>>18419809
Fucking glorious. Top fucking kek m8
>>
>>18419510
Do you also think black belts are meaningless? They are symbolic of time spent in training and certain skills gained.
>>
>>18419761
>The Bootes Void IS spooky. It is 0.27% or roughly 1/400 of the universe

Not dude, it's just 0.27% of the known universe, not of the whole universe
>>
>>18419742
That would be lucky.
>>
>>18420832
Underrated
>>
>>18419166
LOL what
>>
>>18419472
You have no idea what you're talking about and should kill yourself, why oh why do people like you browse x.... why oh why do people like you even exist.
>>
>>18424108
Neat, I went to Carlsbad they did none of that shit
>>
>>18419103
there is a mass conspiracy to misinform people about various things of a scientific nature. its normal for there to be a discussion but this goes beyond any debate

nasa has dismissed oxygen level measurements from tons of research groups, governments and independent scientist on the basis of "im nasa"

it has also done the same thing with a magnetic field disruption found over the atlantic . its not small and the destabilization leaves a exposed chunk of the atmosphere which is being stripped away faster than normal

but thats not all. they have attempted to claim that the discrepancy of the atomic weights of elements is nothing more than the energy needed to keep electrons in orbit

the problem is a object doesnt gain weight when in motion. e=mc2 has no place in it. you can argue the energy can make a certain amount of mass but is not in any form that would be weighable so they still havent solved the problem of the discrepancy of atomic weights of elements

go google it. look at hydrogen and heliums atomic weights and know that helium is just 2 times hydrogens parts

why lie about it? what does it solve?
>>
File: marcie.png (556KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
marcie.png
556KB, 700x700px
>>18419492
We can, we have found about 60 galaxies in Boötes void.
>>
>>18421424
only intelligent person itt. /x/ was a mistake
>>
>>18419514
when are we going to get fertile spacenigger waifus to colonize other planets with, us my only concern
>>
>>18419600
This. I came here for spoops, not an intellectual dick measuring contest.
>>
File: 1474374889644.png (343KB, 427x576px) Image search: [Google]
1474374889644.png
343KB, 427x576px
Everyone here thinks they know. They think they know the cosmos

Fools. This is exactly what we expect you to do.

Shall I calll you pawns? No, that's letting you off too lightly.

Keep arguing , trying to figure out why, how and when. You are missing the point perfectly and playing directly into our hands

Humans, kek pity's you
>>
>>18425015
Kek also wouldn't take kindly to your insolence. Watch yourself pleb
>>
>thread for spooky space stuff
>entire thread is anons ripping apart op and calling each other stupid faggots
>little to no spooky space stuff is posted
Stay classy /x/
>>
>>18419492
because space distances are so insanely huge that even light takes its time to reach here, turbo delusional autistic cocksucker
>>
>>18420043
>Just realize that remote viewing it a valid source of information.
Information that you can't test or confirm in any way is not valid or useful. All you are doing is having dreams and/or hallucinations and taking them as gospel when it's convenient to you.
>>
>>18424903
If the dude walking up to the door was a negro it would be a masterpiece.
>>
>>18419503
This is what happens when a site just allows people to post under the "Anonymous" tag name :| Dyson spheres sound cool until you think, hey I'd like to leave my room now, nope. Could you be in one and not know it?
>>
>>18424602
The difference is blackbelts could kick my ass. These phd guys are a bunch of fat wizard faggots that think they're the faggot from big bang theory
>>
>>18419166
damn
>>
>>18420832
>>18420853
>>18421424
just like these anons said, that isn't Bootes void in the pic, it is a molecular cloud named Barnard 68, it is about 500 ly distant and about half a ly across
>>
>>18422122
Kelvin
>>
>>18425015
>>18425018
What about my dubs?
>>
>>18422122
hectares
>>
>>18421539
Like a building, you need a foundation that supports it.
>>
>>18419809
is this a YLYL now??
>>
File: 165468131351.jpg (114KB, 768x614px) Image search: [Google]
165468131351.jpg
114KB, 768x614px
>>18419103
Space to me is the ultimate scary shit. It's so vast an unknown. Anything could be out there, like giant organisms that eat stars or advanced civilizations beyond imagination. Black holes alone terrify me, the thought of some force that power and consuming everywhere.

Space really is the final frontier.
>>
>>18419103
Space is a meme. It's not real. There is only the Firmament and the wandering bodies.
>>
>>18419103

This is a fairly obvious shop, no? look at all the cloned star clusters right next to each other. Top right and the entire left side in particular...
>>
File: 1424066563452.gif (966KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1424066563452.gif
966KB, 200x150px
>>18419103
>completely empty of both normal matter and dark matter
>>
>>18429521
Welcome to Lovecraft's world
>>
FYI Voids are never total voids. They have matter, just much less than the mean. There are void galaxies, just far fewer than in the field and blue galaxies are more common than red ones compared to the average ratio.

>>18419514
That's not a Hubble Deep Field, those are all stars. This is the Hubble Ultra Deep Field, notice that galaxies are extended.
>>
File: eso0102c.jpg (385KB, 1280x661px) Image search: [Google]
eso0102c.jpg
385KB, 1280x661px
>>18430429
It's a real image, it's not a void but infact a dusty molecular cloud in the Milky Way called Barnard 68. Here is another image where on the left the red filter has been replaced with a near infrared K band image. Dust obscures light more strongly at short wavelengths so you can see through it better in the longer wavelengths of the near infrared.
>>
File: 1481919832193.jpg (55KB, 258x360px) Image search: [Google]
1481919832193.jpg
55KB, 258x360px
>>18422198
>2016
>believing in space
>>
File: 1354403267265.gif (500KB, 400x297px) Image search: [Google]
1354403267265.gif
500KB, 400x297px
>>18419103
>>18432014
\thread
>>
File: 55444.jpg (45KB, 620x612px) Image search: [Google]
55444.jpg
45KB, 620x612px
There could be fucking galactic empires out there.
And we'll never know.
>>
File: 5544.jpg (180KB, 1280x573px) Image search: [Google]
5544.jpg
180KB, 1280x573px
>>
My biggest dream is to visit other intelligent worlds. I think it's scary that a big enough meteor/asteroid could pass through our solar system and fuck up our orbit and send us out of a safe distance from the sun.
>>
>>18432108
that's when you open your helmet and enjoy the breeze.
>>
>>18432400
Was thinking the same
>>
>>18419503
>You have an agression problem, go find a girl and/or some weed.

Underrated advice universally applicable
>>
>>18420134
>tripfriend
Incorrect newfriend. He's a namefag. Do you see a tripcode?
>>
>>18432846
Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
File: dickbutt.jpg (27KB, 250x219px) Image search: [Google]
dickbutt.jpg
27KB, 250x219px
I can't be the only one right?
>>
>>18432862
No problem buddy.
>>
>>18432906
Cannot be unseen
>>
>>18432108
>>18432400
The combination of the picture and this post terrifies the shit out of me.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 280x158px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 280x158px
>nothing spoopy in whats supposed to be a spoopy thread
Fuck it. Even if its debunked.
Anyone know anymore about this. Watched a tv special dates from this year. Apparently were soon to find out if this was just from a passing comet.

Doesn't anyone got more unexplained shit?
>>
>>18433121

This is recent and kind of cool.
It will be interesting to see the analysis etc.

Watch "Girl Abduction By UFO Aliens Filmed For The First Time In Human History" on YouTube - https://youtu.be/SAQAfWKQwxc
>>
File: 1480884849519.gif (593KB, 370x335px) Image search: [Google]
1480884849519.gif
593KB, 370x335px
>>18419514
our waifus are out there somewhere anons
>>
>>18424901
aren't atomic weights just the average of all the element's isotopes at the percentage they make up of the element's natural abundance
>>
>>18419492
What's a dyson sphere
>>
Space is a hoax its all fake and photoshop
>>
>>18419514
Fake.
>>
>>18419761
>Implying light from the stars in galaxies around the void hasn't had time to penetrate through.
>>
>>18434093
Earth is flat. If there is a space beyond the firmament no human has ever been there. All "footage" of space is photoshopped.
>>
>>18419472
>Source: Me
>>
Scientists talking about galaxies cracks me up. Do you know that we know practically nothing about the depth of the oceans? That the deepest hole ever drilled by mankind is only 12km deep? NASA is Not A Space Agency. This is gods realm not a planet. Its all fake, free your minds senpai
>>
>>18423526
Kek
>>
>>18419103
If it's completely void, why can't I see the stars on the other side of it from my perspective?
>>
>>18419103
Since nothing can travel at lightspeed, and since the void is millions of light years apart, and since there are BILLIONS of it stars in every galaxy, and the universe is only 13 billion years old, I'm gonna say that a civilization probably couldn't obscure a region of space that large in that amount of time, especially since it takes billions of years for life to become possible in the universe, millions of years for life to form, hundreds of thousands of years for life to become intelligent, and would take millions of years to travel just ACROSS this void, and probably billions to visit every star within it (at light speed, and they would almost definitely be going much much slower)

Fun idea but fuck me if it isn't a stretch.
>>
File: BootesVoidNotSpherical.jpg (27KB, 250x219px) Image search: [Google]
BootesVoidNotSpherical.jpg
27KB, 250x219px
>the void has such a nice, spherical shape
Top fucking kek.
>>
>>18420043
U wot m8
>>
>>18434926

Looks like Moon Man or Pepe screaming
>>
>>18419103
>This might also explain why the void has such a nice, spherical shape.
>spherical shape.
>spherical
how is that a sphere??? it's not anywhere near a sphere.
>>
>>18421575
Kill yourself
>>
>>18434946
I just let that sink in, dude.

I'm over here >>>18364374
>>
File: 203.jpg (12KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
203.jpg
12KB, 250x245px
>>18432906
my god you're right
>>
>>18419103
That's bullshit, a dyson sphere would still be radiating away infrared photons and you could easily detect them given the incredible amount of dyson sphere's not even 1 billion light years away from earth. This story sounds like pure bullshit.
>>
>>18434994
this, also I thought dyson himself dismissed the solid dyson sphere as not feasible.
>>
>>18435069
A giant swarm is definitely doable if you have an ai system for them but it would still be visible on infrared cameras.
>>
>>18434072

It's the latest, carpet cleaning masterpiece brought to you by the one, the only, James Dyson.
>>
>>18419103
That picture is of the Giant Void, not the Bootes void mate.
>>
>>18435075
oh I agree completely, that's why I specified solid. it's just that usually when you see people talking about dyson spheres, or writing scifi about them, they mean a solid shell. basically a solid one would be so difficult to build and keep stable that if you had the tech to make one, you'd already be so advanced you wouldn't need one.
>>
File: spacejew.jpg (70KB, 375x328px) Image search: [Google]
spacejew.jpg
70KB, 375x328px
>>18434970
That's funny, I see something else.
>>
File: nature preserve planet.jpg (195KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
nature preserve planet.jpg
195KB, 800x600px
>>18419103
If a civilization has faster than light (FTL) technology for travel, that means their AI swarm could also work at a speed that's faster than light, right? I'm talking about dismantling a planet in seconds.

Also, the void isn't completely empty, there's a small number of galaxies in there according to Wikipedia. Maybe our equivalent of nature preserves? Museum galaxies? Maybe if you connect the galaxies with a line in the right way, it spells out an Arecebo-like message?
>>
>>18424112
>pre-universal limbo

And where, exactly, is that?
>>
>>18420192
>>18424196
but if we were to take this egotistically, it would make sense, because the simulation, like all simulations we make within this simulation, would sped up incredibly. So the creators of the simulation could be using our simulation to see the advancement of an intelligent species to see the next steps they should take from the beginning of our civilization, to their point of technological advancement and then whatever the next step for them is, using us as a guide.
>>
>>18420710
What if the drones are us, hundreds of thousands of years from now who, after inhabiting multiple planetary systems, decide it is safe to test time travel at a basic level and come back to times and people who don't really matter so as to test our evolutionary advancement and the differences between our two species? That's why no one important ever gets abducted by aliens, and these events occur within the confidential treatment of the military.
>>
I know for a fact that there is a reptilian prison colony in the middle of the Eridanus supervoid.
>>
>>18435096
...I see a jew
>>
File: NGC 7293.jpg (47KB, 375x312px) Image search: [Google]
NGC 7293.jpg
47KB, 375x312px
eye of god
>>
File: MyCn18.png (254KB, 540x537px) Image search: [Google]
MyCn18.png
254KB, 540x537px
god is watching
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.