[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Om and Yahweh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: PsychBuddha.jpg (1MB, 1410x2115px) Image search: [Google]
PsychBuddha.jpg
1MB, 1410x2115px
What's up /x/, I had an idea recently I'd like other people to weigh in on.

In Hinduism, there is the concept of "anahat nad", a sound that is NOT created by two things clashing together. They believe every sound we hear is created by two things crashing together (air to our vocal chords, wheels to the pavement, fire burning wood, etc). This sound is represented in the chant of "om" or "aum".

According to Hinduism, the sound "aum", when properly pronounced, contains the totality of all possible sounds. All of the vowels "ah" "oh" "ooh" "uhmmmm" with all the consonant sounds merely being "stops" in these sounds by your lips or tongue.

After brainstorming on this for a bit, I found a more appropriate representation of the "anahat nad":

>ee-yah-oh-ooh-way

This is what it sounds like when I repeat it like a chant:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0V555KvYxTS

What does it sound like to you? Is anyone informed enough to elaborate on possible connections or synchronicities between "yahweh" and the concept of "aum"? Let your schizophrenia flow, I'm sure we can find something interesting.
>>
I really don't get why people keep throwing "synchronicity" around and using it incorrectly. Cramming in a big word that isn't an appropriate choice for what you're trying to communicate doesn't make you look smart, it makes you look rock-fucking retarded. Jesus Fuckdancing Christ, why couldn't eugenics have taken off.

>inb4 'jk trollin u 4 laffs' to try and dodge the blow to the ego that comes from realizing you're dumber than a nigger
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEzR80G98n4
>>
It's pronounced the same way you pronounce Jove, oh wait, this is the first time you've ever heard that name lol

slam
>>
Aum is to 'raise vibration'. As new age and lame as that sounds it is pretty literally what is going on. You start the aum with the 'aah' sound which you produce low in the body, almost in the belly rather than the throat. Then comes the 'ooo' sort of sound from somewhere in the middle and finally the 'mmm' which is almost a hum, very nasal with the sensation of vibration on the lips.

I do think it is more than coincidence that the sounds of the vowels when sustained, run together and looped does kinda sounds like 'yahweh'.
>>
>>18404553

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1BDfSs7jKpz
>>
From a vedic perspective chanting the Hare Krsna mahamantra is more potent than aum and is the sound incarnation of God in this yuga.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.