[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hauntings that make no sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2

File: Hi.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Hi.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
I grew up in a farmhouse that was built by my parents. The land it was built on was forest that was cleared by my grandparents. Nobody lived in the immediate area before us.

So how is it that over the years we lived there, my entire family and I, as well as several visitors, have had countless paranormal experiences of all kinds in and around the house. At least 4 different apparitions, shadow people, voices, lights, strange noises, etc.

The house has no reason to be haunted, but it is. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone had a similar situation?
>>
>>18400401
>The house has no reason to be haunted

In no place is said that Paranormal needs a cause anon, that is why it is calle "Paranormal". Also, how can you be sure that no one lived before you? Civilization is old as fuck
>>
>>18400401
indian burial ground
>>
>>18400401
ley lines?
>>
>>18400534
Not in western Canada. Excluding Native Americans at least. And the apparitions that we've seen (a man in coveralls, an old woman, and 2 children) were all white and wearing fairly modern clothing.

Whenever I hear stories of haunted places, there's pretty much always a history of death there. I thought it was strange for a new house to be apparently haunted by several spirits.
>>
>>18400401
>no reason to be haunted

What makes you think it was the land or the house? It's a common misconception that spirits around a house must be tied to the house, or it's land. More often than not, theyve been invited in or brought in on some piece of furniture, a picture, or something else.
>>
>>18400574
I've considered that too. The thing is, most of the furniture we had was either new, or built by family. We do have a few very old items in the house, but we'd have to be pretty unlucky to get multiple ghosts from that.
>>
>>18400401
I think ghosts are like homeless people. They camp/live where they like, and move on once they get bored.
>>
>>18400591
>we'd have to be pretty unlucky to get multiple ghosts from that.
or just have one item with several spirits following it around through eachothers gravity, it happens.
>>
>>18400401
Maybe the murdered's bodies were hidden around the area, did you have any thick woods or marshes near the farmhouse? I also heard that shadow people are drawn to people with lots of fear or negative thoughts.

Or maybe you're just a tad bit sick in the head
>>
The lumber is haunted, Frank! They're in the lumber!
>>
>>18400648
It's a swampy, forested area where it isn't cleared for crops.

And I'm not the only one who's seen shit there. My parents and 3 siblings, as well as several visiting friends had experiences there as well.
>>
>>18400401
If the house was made by your parents, a faulty bit of piping or ventilation could be vibrating and generating infrasound frequencies. Infrasound is known to cause auditory and visual hallucinations. A larger nearby feature could also be causing it, like a waterfall or a wind turbine.
>>
>>18400689
Sensible science? In my /x/?
>>
>>18400689
There are no waterfalls or wind turbines even remotely near the house.

Faulty piping or ventilation is possible, but several of the encounters took place outside the house, and/or had multiple witnesses seeing or hearing the same thing.
>>
>>18400401
Maybe it's the forest?
>>
>>18400571
How modern is fairly modern? Could they have been killed in a car wreck in the immediate area? Or maybe they were settlers from a few hundred years back?
>>
>>18400702
When you say "outside the house," what do you mean by that? Depending on the distance, and the source, there could be different explanations.

Do these encounters follow any kind of pattern, to your recollection?
>>
>>18400714
Fairly modern as in they didn't seem noticeably out of place.

There were no roads in the immediate area before my grandparents and parents moved in.
>>
Op confirmed for got ate by ghosts
>>
>>18400716
Within the yard, or at least near it. With a couple exceptions, no more than a couple hundred feet from the house.
>>
>>18400401

op you do realize it's possible for things to still have died and been buried undocumented anywhere, right?
>>
>>18400747

Or they could be haunting something in the house that was old or reused. also it's possible that it's not the house at all
>>
>>18400747
Yeah like maybe your parents or grandparents killed some folks and buried them on the property. What do they do when you see them?
>>
>>18400745
Ah. If that's the case, then yeah, I'd bet it's infrasound. The outlying events could be coincidental, as people might just be spooked out and seeing/hearing things when they're alone in or near the woods.

That's my theory, anyway.
>>
>>18400401
Maybe it just looked like a nice barn for some traveling ghosts?
>>
>>18400753
My dad has a fucked sense of humour and when I was little he told me he buried a man in the basement before they poured the cement. I had fucking nightmares about that.

I'm pretty sure he joking though. And even if he wasn't, that only explains one of the ghosts.
>>
>>18400759
It's possible, but again, can that explain the times where several people saw the same thing? To give one of the better examples, there was a shadow person in the yard that was simultaneously seen by me, my 3 siblings, and 3 friends.
>>
>>18400571
canada had indigenous populations too you fucking dumbass. all of north america was theirs for nearly 10,000 years (more depending on who you ask)
>>
>>18400774
As I mentioned, I was excluding them because them because all of the apparitions we've seen were clearly not indigenous.
>>
>>18400780
Lost campers?
What sort of old possibly haunted objects are in the house?
>>
>>18400401
OP that area could just belong to a old forest spirit that attracts dead and lost souls or something on that line.
Someone could have practice witchcraft and summoned something. Or there could be high magnetic pressure there thats the cause of the haunting. Its a forest theres always unexplained things going on

What are the apparitions your seeing wearing any noticeable period clothing or anything
>>
>>18400783
If haunted objects are the cause, I think one of the most likely are some antique dolls my sister used to keep in her room. They terrified me when I was little, and that room is where a good portion of the activity took place. They aren't in the room anymore, but I think they're still in storage somewhere in the house.
>>
>>18400797
One apparition was wearing blue coveralls, like you'd see in a garage. The others weren't wearing anything that looked noticeably out of place for this time period.
>>
>>18400801
Ding ding ding.
>>
>>18400803
Overalls are a 18-19 century invention so that arrows things a little bit I suppose. Have you notice the one in overalls the most, and are they usual gathered around a particular place or area?
Like this nigga>>18400801 it could be something as simply as a haunted object like an old belonging or as something as big as a buried car. Heads up don't burn it if you find it, that usually doesn't help just lets whatever get out of it captivity and find a new place to live
>>
>>18400808
Still seems like an odd mix of spirits to be attached to some dolls.
>>
>>18400819
I said coveralls. Not significantly different from what a mechanic would be wearing in a garage today. That apparition has only been seen outdoors. All of the others were only seen indoors.
>>
OP here. I've got to leave for a couple hours. If the thread isn't dead when I get back, I'll continue it.
>>
>>18400401
Have you made any effort to determine who owned the land before your parents/grandparents did? The people you saw may've been a settler family. Nineteenth century farm people clothing isn't that different from typical daywear nowadays except all dresses for females, with longer hems probably.

I'd see about previous owners/settlers in the general area. Check out property records, which should be in the courthouse at your county seat. And go to some local history museums (every town seems to have one) and ask them about researching your property and the surrounding area.
>>
>>18400801
This is a good thought too. Especially if they used to belong to someone who lived locally, ie locally bought antiques (it doesn't sound as if they came down through your family from the way you worded it)
>>
Are your grandparents still living? You better come back OP
>>
>>18400401
Maybe your grandparents or parents murdered people and hid them on the property
>>
Ghosts ain't trapped in the area they died OP. They have freedom of movement unless they are the repeating kind. If your farm is where they used to go and camp, hunt, or just to go get away from life, they can always come by.
>>
>>18401029
Not to hijack too much, but Orion, you did a reading for me ~3 years ago that was 3 for 3 correct. I've been meaning to tell you but keep missing you. Thanks again.
>>
>>18400887
OP here. I'm back. My grandparents have passed away, but that was within the past couple years. I moved out of the house over 5 years ago.
>>
>>18400774
Holy shit, your reading comprehension sucks.
>>
>>18400834
It was just government owned forest. My grand parents and great grandparents bought it and cleared it. There were some very old farms within a mile or two, but my family was the first to settle in that immediate area.
>>
>>18401171
Oh, cool!

>>18401184

And you said this was in Canada? Or was that another anon?
>>
>>18401199
Yes. Alberta to be specific.
>>
>>18400801
>I just cannot for the life of me think why we are haunted, just what in fucks name could it possible be
>Oh yeah, we have some antique dolls that were kept in the same room as we saw the hauntings

Well gee whiz!
>>
>>18401199
Yep you pretty much convinced me singlehandedly that /div/ isn't necessarily bullshit. You ever pop in there and do readings still?
>>
>>18401212
The hauntings took place throughout the entire house and surrounding yard. My sister's room seemed to be one of the worst spots though. I don't really believe they were the cause of all of it.
>>
>>18401203
Alberta, if I am not mistaken, had tons of explorers, miners, and soldiers/forts at various point in history, no?
>>
Probably murder victims buried out there.
>>
>>18401222
Yes, but that's mostly southern Alberta. This house is in north-central Alberta, where there isn't much of anything besides farms and the odd gas plant.
>>
>>18400828
See this to me is strange that he'd be outside and the others inside exclusively. What sort of things would they do when seen?
>>
>>18401217
Not to derail either so this will be my last post off topic, but yes. Not as often, but i still do. I got really annoyed with a bunch of other readers so I get turned off to it pretty easily now. I guess I hate sharing a thread.
>>
>>18401225

Look and see if there was the odd mine somewhere around you.
>>
>>18401238
Absolutely understood. I'll keep my eyes out. Thank you again.
>>
>>18401252
You can probably just look online right now. Mines can go for miles. You may have a shaft under the property but the entrance could be pretty far away. Nevermind the possibility of the mine connecting to a natural cave system.
>>
>>18401230
The guy in coveralls would always be walking around in the back yard. He'd always go behind something (like a car or a tree) and just disappear.
The apparitions that I saw indoors were usually stationary, and with one exception, disappeared as soon as I looked away.
>>
>>18401245
I really don't think there was. I have read up some on the history of the area.
>>
>>18401277
Huh. No idea then. I only asked because apparently my great uncle stuck around for awhile after he'd died and would go rummage through the closet in pull out his old war medals, they knew it was him because the new owners of the house mentioned a very specific article of clothing associated with him (alligator shoes). Apparently he stopped showing up when his last brother died.
>>
>>18401285
Well. Just a guess.
>>
File: 1480207359214.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1480207359214.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>18400401
Many times the "veil" which separates us from the endless series of realities beyond thins allowing encounters to occur.

You should be thankful they are peaceful, and human.
>>
>>18400571
canadians stole the land from native americans and need to repeal their ownership and claim to their title of land which rightfully belongs to the native americans not white people who are invaders as Trudeau said, whites are responsible for the destruction of the native peoples lands and we must make ammends.

This is why there are hauntings from burial grounds and such because we have upset the natural order of things.
>>
>>18401333
Trudeau's opinion is irrelevant.

And as much as I feel for Native Americans, to say Canada should repeal their claim to the lands rather than you know...just start treating Natives as equals is retarded. You think dumping off a bunch of people who live in 3rd world status into their own country is a good idea? You'd just make a shitty situation worse. They would also be picked apart from the inside. Chiefs are pretty greedy and would sell off land to the highest bidder. Many tribal leaders were complacent, or still are, in genocide.

Also! Without looking it up, name a tribe native to Alberta. Betcha can't.
>>
House could be on a vortex or it's fairies.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.