[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does this symbol mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161206_160044077.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161206_160044077.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
I got this necklace recently but I have no idea what it means. I like it and I wear it a lot, but I don't wanna look like a jabroni when someone asks me about it.
>>
>>18400351
Means you're a fag for wearing it
>>
>>18400351
Its like a jewish golden star, but instead of showing you are jewish, it tells everyone you're a retard
>>
>>18400351

It's how we ping you with our gaydar.
>>
Hey OP, sorry about all the noise from these asshat joke responses. Here's synopsis of what it means:

Basically, the rectangle inside the large outer circle indicates that what is within is a representation of the wearer, with the runs on the outside being a sort of seal to strengthen the reliability of this. Outside the rectangle are two additional symbols which alter the meaning of the rectangle. Essentially this states that the centralized symbol is not indicative of the wearer's psyche, but more of the wearer's personality.

Inside the rectangle are 4 symbols, each of which add some qualifiers to the central symbol. As a very rough and simplified "translation," those symbols basically say "the wearer of the sigil is depicted as" with the central symbol being the result.

However, the symbol in the lower left corner is the most crucial, because it states that the central symbol is not to be interpreted literally (as in the sun) or figuratively (as in brightness/light), but rather interpreted as the base shape it resembles in its drawing.

By looking at the radiating lines from the central circle, this further reinforces the claim of the final rune in the lower left, as the word and shape both fit. Basically it translates to the following: "I am a raw ass passage."

There are ways of modernizing that translation which I'll leave to you to interpret.
>>
>>18400351

That's a smug fucking sun.
>>
>>18400351
the sun is getting cock sapped (the symbol for male is above the sun but its not facing up so this is intentional)

then you got a ghey woman symbol below that but its laying down (so a dike is getting pounded by the sun must be a pron)

then you got the retard 4 but its on its side

so the meaning is the guy who made it put the connection to the necklace in the wrong place then changed his mind on what was going to be inside the circle. if you rotate it 90 degrees counter clockwise the symbols inside the rectangle are positioned properly but the elder scrolls ones on the outside the rectangle (but not the rim area) wont be
>>
>>18400436
Heh, thanks dude
>>
>>18400439
Kek
>>
>>18400436
Kek
>>18400656
Double kek
>>
>>18400351

I remember seeing that symbol in a book called "The Black Arts" by Richard Cavendish.

It's supposed to render the wearer invisible by blinding his/her enemies. There's some magic words that go with it, I forget what page it's on.
>>
>>18400713
Yeah that makes sense. The guy who sold it to me said it was an invisibility talisman, but I wasn't sure what that meant exactly
>>
>>18400713
>The Black Arts" by Richard Cavendish.
>>18400726

Pretty sure thats one of the talismans from the Black Pullet, ask over on /omg/
>>
>>18400351
Throw it away. Its occult symbolism you dont want to have that around you
>>
>>18400779
Frightened someone might learn something and overthrow you, Christian?
>>
>>18400781
Like how to become invisible? Some of these things have power but most of it is just hogwash. I can respect people who have a different religion but i cant deny that it can be pretty bad for a person sometimes. Things like this just invite in things you really dont want
>>
>>18400351
>talismans from the Black Pullet

""The talisman and the ring (Figure No. 10) will make you invisible to all eyes, even those of the spirits.
Only the Great Being could be witness to your steps and your actions. You will penetrate everywhere
into the bosom of the seas, into the bowels of the earth, you can likewise survey the airs, and no action of
men can be hidden from you. Say only: Benatir, Cararkau, Dedos, Etinarmi.""
>>
>>18400813
>hogwash

Invisibility magic has never rendered one completely invisible, that's not what it's for. Interpreting it literally is just as foolish as interpreting the bible that way.
>>
>>18400829
That's really neat. I like that. Thanks for the help
>>
>>18400830
Huh.. I suppose thats true
>>
>>18400830
Indeed.
>>
>>18400837
I guarantee it, I work with invisibility charms and techniques a lot. It makes you less noticeable, less interesting, its like glamour magic in reverse. It makes you smaller and less likely to attract attention. If they walk right into you or trip over you, obviously theyre going to notice you. It works and it works really well (dont use it while driving), but magic isnt harry potter or dungeons and dragons.
>>
>>18400813
>>18400837
Same guy. So maybe it does make you invisble to people. Ive kind of encountered that myself. But not to say that this kind of protection comes without a price. I mean we're talking about magic. I cant believe im having this conversation... I didnt know there were people like this. But listen, where do you think this power comes from? The shapeless energies of the universe? Or maybe even the energies of familiar objects or elements?
>>
>>18400853
That's pretty awesome. I'm a stay-under-the-radar kinda guy as it is. So this seems pretty practical
>>
>>18400863
I dont mean to offend anyone. Ive met 4 wickans in the past couple months
>>
>>18400863
this question is better suited for /omg/ who are the experts, but to answer briefly:

>maybe it does make you invisble to people
sort of, see:
>>18400830

>not to say that this kind of protection comes without a price
what kind of a price are you assuming it comes with? This needn't be an exchange.

>where do you think this power comes from?
There's not a single answer for that, it depends on who's making the magic.

>shapeless energies of the universe?
for many, yes. Harnessed by ones mind and will.

>energies of familiar objects or elements?
this is a very important principle in most magical disciplines too.
>>
>>18400882
It would work especially well for you then.

If you wear a 2000 dollar designer outfit, drive a sports car, and speak loudly everywhere you go, invisibility charms are going to be pretty ineffective. If you're already low key, a bit hidey and low profile, it works much better.

Ive literally had people trip over me while in plain sight while using invisibility magic. Like I said, its not true invisibility, but the reasons you would actually want to be invisible (safety mostly) are well served by this kind of magic.
>>
someone scratched some pseudo-esoteric symbols on something to try and look cool?

Anyway, these are mostly astrological symbols.
Turn it on its side and we have the Mars symbol in the upper left, Venus symbol upper right, this could also be a crude version of Pallas instead of Venus, idk. Symbol for Jupiter bottom left and I'm not sure what bottom right is.

Sag is in there too, looks like.
Honestly, wearing something you don't know the meaning behind is pretty lame OP
>>
>>18400899
I'll have to do some research. This seems interesting
>>
>>18400892
Thank you for answering my questions with respect. I just hope that everyone here finds what theyre looking for. I want the best for all of you, i just dont want you guys to fall into something you cant get out of. Just be safe. And not to mean offense, but God bless. Goodnight
>>
>>18400919
no offense taken and believe me many of the magical practitioners, pagans, and heathens on this board feel the same way about you. Abrahamic traditions are notorious for being difficult to recover from, I hope that they dont swallow you up. Best of luck to you and be blessed.
>>
>>18400813
There are, were and will be other belief systems aside from Christianity you know.
>>
>>18400863
You're asking a lot of questions but offering little answers. If you know, then please, do tell so we can have an actual debate.
>>
>>18400922
>>18400930
Well wiccas just always been a tough spot for me especially. Ive done a little research into many different religions and i respect many of them and their followers. But Wicca, you guys are talking about wicca right? Well wicca is especially scary. Ive even read some books about how high priests of wicca found out about the dark origins of the religion. Out of all religions i think wicca is up there with luciferianism. Its not supposed to be evil in a direct sense but its roots.. Are a little different
>>
>>18400940
>wiccas just always been a tough spot for me especially.
it's wiccans, and theyre a contentious subject for a lot of people around here.

>you guys are talking about wicca right?
Im not, wicca may fall under some of these statements, but Im not wiccan and Im not defending them specifically.

>how high priests of wicca found out about the dark origins of the religion.
They either found out that modern wicca was founded by Gardner who was an acolyte of western mystery traditions and that Crowley had a huge hand in its construction.
OR
they looked into the traditional western witchcraft and realized that their assumptions were incorrect

>wicca is up there with luciferianism
not really comparable in my opinion, fundamentally different practices. And on a side note, luciferianism really isnt as bad as you may think.

>Its not supposed to be evil in a direct sense but its roots.. Are a little different
and who defines evil?
>>
>>18400940
>wicca is scary
>high priests of wicca
>wicca and luciferianism
wut

Wicca isn't even a century old, my man. There isn't a "church" or a high authority of it.
It's just a weird fusion of mystical systems and practices. It's basically hermeticism for dummies, mixed up with polytheism (greek deities, nordic deities, celtic deities... you name it).

The subject of this thread was the meaning of a certain talisman/charm, its use isn't strictly a "wiccan thing". Almost (?) every religion has one.

The other anon already said what it needs to be said...
You should definitely research more, m8

http://www.sacred-texts.com/ Great source of texts and articles.
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcesseEum/playlists 10/10 lectures and audiobooks.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.