[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First ever paranormal experience - ghost?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: bu2.png (109KB, 916x720px) Image search: [Google]
bu2.png
109KB, 916x720px
So, a while back I experienced the first thing I ever that I couldn't explain or sufficiently rationalize. It put me in a state of disbelief and questioning if I was experiecing was actually real.

So, the brief story: I live with my parents in a two storey house. It's night time, and everyone else is asleep, but my mind is hyperactive. My thoughts seem amplified by the quiet and surrounding darkness, enhanced by the tension it produces in me.

So, then suddenly I hear something from the main hall outside my door. It's like a low shuffling noise, like someone was dragging their feet along the floor, or trailing fabric behind them.

This immediately causes me to tense up as I try to determine the source of the noise. I expect it to be either one of my parents about to use the bathroom. However, the noise persists seemingly aimlessly. I notice that the pace at which the shuffling manifests doesn't seem like any regular walking pace. It seems erratic, uneven, both the timing of it, and also the direction of the sound which seems to jitter about.

So I lie absolutely still in my bed, afraid to move an inch, my body sweating and my muscles tense. I wait for the sound to pass.

Next thing that happens is, the noise seems to move from the main hall and towards the stairs. Immediately when the shuffling ends, I hear dense thuds and creaking coming from the wooden stairs. Once again, the pace seems totally irregular, and as the sound moves, it seems to miss several steps along the way.

It finally descends the stairs, and the last thing I hear is a dense screech of metal, as if the door lock is being manipulated.

That's the end of that particular series of events and noises. Since then I haven't been able to explain what I experienced with any great degree of satisfaction. I'm pretty sure that I wasn't experiecing sleep paralysis, as I found myself in control of my body the whole time, and haven't had any experiences with sleep paralysis in the past or since.
>>
So, I guess what I'm wondering is if there's any reasonable explanation you could think of to explain this, if I was hallucinating the whole thing, being ultra suggestive or what it could have been?
>>
You're describing almost exactly a classic haunt experience. Check for footprints.
>>
>>18399567
Yeah, well, the floor has been cleaned since then, so no luck probably. Also, it was a one time event. I haven't experienced anything like it since. What I'm hoping is that if it was an entity like a ghost, that it was just here in passing. Maybe that is why it went to the door?
>>
>>18399581
It's a story Robert E Howard firmly implanted in the American folklore tradition with his short story "Pigeons From Hell" based on nigger fables he heard from former slaves as a child.
>>
>>18399613
What?
>>
>>18399537
You still need to rule out the noises originating from a human. You didn't confirm whether or not your parents were in their room, or that some crazy drunk dude didn't break in and wander around in the wrong house. This involves getting up immediately and checking it out. It's strange, but you're not in the sanity-doubting territory yet. Once you've tried giving chase and come up empty-handed, you can move up to a corroborative witnesses. After that, you start taking video and audio recordings in tandem with multiple human observers. This is the point at which most people decide they're not that curious, and either leave it alone or move. I moved.
>>
>>18399653
I'm actually not that bothered, since I haven't experienced anything similar since. What I am bothered about is explaining that one experience. Maybe it was nothing.

I'm positive it was not a homeless guy, because we've never been broken into, and I'm pretty sure it was none of my parents, because I asked them about it, and also went up and checked afterwards.
>>
>>18399659
Just leave it alone then. You're cool. If some weird shit happens again, have a plan to jump up and start recording. I mean yeah, it's weird when shit like that happens, but you've got nothing. Even if it was in your head, it doesn't mean you're crazy. You can't obsess about it. It's over and you've got nothing to show for it but a memory. Brush it off or prepare to chase it next time. Sorry, it sucks, but there it is.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.