[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Symbol identifiaction thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11

File: heal.jpg (4KB, 124x150px) Image search: [Google]
heal.jpg
4KB, 124x150px
Can any one tell me the origins of this symbol?
I know, it's supposed to be a healing symbol, but I have no idea from were, and if it's the actually correct meaning of it.
>>
And yes, I have tried to google it, but can't find any thing useful... (probably because i do not know the name of the symbol)
>>
>>18398947
Not sure the name of the symbol itself, but fairly positive that it's from Reiki, a Japanese practice.
>>
Girlfriend is a reiki practitioner, can confirm it comes from there
>>
File: IMG_2828.jpg (20KB, 332x397px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2828.jpg
20KB, 332x397px
>>18399001
Forgot pic
>>
Thank you! That made researching about it's meaning, a lot more easy!
>>
File: symbols.jpg (45KB, 388x828px) Image search: [Google]
symbols.jpg
45KB, 388x828px
Got these from an ex a long time, she said they came from a dream, anything recognizable to anybody? Tried to look them up once but only got a hit on the snake.
>>
>>18399158
Some of them, reminds me of the general "magic-symbols" used in fantasy (tv-)series.
>>
>>18399201
Most I can remember is that she said they were drawn on her by a group of Mayan looking tribesmen in a dream.
>>
>>18398947
This is an eyemaze.

Spirits are conceptual beings, composed of thought energy, and they become lost in cognitive loops and distractions. Hang such things in your home to confuse and disperse spirits and their energy.
>>
>>18399241
Interesting! Do you know, what about, the supposedly healing features?
>>
Please respond.
>>
>>18399804

Maybe something in Tibetan?

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/tibetan.htm
>>
>>18400964
Ill look into that, i think hes got some hebrew letters on his right wrist so i suppose these are some kind of letters or numbers that could be identifiable
Thanks for responding
>>
>>18398947
A failed try at a treble clef.
>>
>>18398985
>>18398956

i forgot which is which but your symbol is either pronounced

cho-koo-ray or ray-kay-kee im about 75% sure its the first one. its a beginner reiki symbol
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V04hLmbNhX8
>>
that is CHOKU REI
pronounced SHOW-KOO-RAY
it is an ancient symbol from dragon language and has been appropriated in modern times for Reiki practice

it translates as 'place the power of the universe here'

use it by making the symbol with an open hand facing toward whatever you are using it on and speak it's name three times out loud in order to validate your intention

it can be used for anything but like all symbol magic, if you want to use it for dumb shit it will let you, so beware, the usual recompense deals will apply, though dragon symbols are generally kinder than wicca symbols etc and will take the attitude of 'well you want to be stupid, that's stupid but hey, I will walk with you and minimise damage, ps you're an idiot'

rather than be stupid, try being a conduit for the symbol instead, make the symbol and declare your intention but trust the symbol to override your intention if it deems it wise, you can trust dragon magic, kind of, more than other things, you know the deal
>>
What is Reiki?
>>
>>18401589
So what you are saying are - It can be used for practically anything, and mean what you want it to mean?
>>
>>18402028

you can use it as a source of power because it is an artifact of language empowered by ages of belief. essentially you can use it to convince yourself that something which is not real is real, and so create that something as real by way of such conviction, cause the universe is made of belief and physical reality is just consensus belief, all that shit.

this is magic, magic is imaginative power so strong that it intrudes upon consensus reality and creates shit. symbols facilitate magic by lending their own creative power to your imaginative intention, they are empowered by lots of people believing in them for a long time even though what they represent is just pretend. but you know, no more pretend fundamentally than trees and rocks and shit.

symbols are characterised however, and some are kind, and some are loan sharks. most are loan sharks, so if they lend you creative energy for your diabolical exploits, then they later want payment, which is feeling, the payment is feeling because feeling creates justification for belief and strengthens their existence. so your unfriendly demon/angel will bill you for feeling, probably bad feeling cause its cheap wheras love is a fiddly fuzzy thing which badasses can't be fucked with... basically you'll have to pay with some nasty sensation like self-loathing or misery or whatever, or create such feeling in someone else in order to pay your bill, which is you as a minion.

but yeah Reiki symbols are kind, choku rei is kind
>>
>>18402025

Reiki is a conversation with existence
>>
>>18402171
Thanks for the answer - it's a lot more info than I've been able to find on my own.
>>
>>18402234
>it's a lot more info than I've been able to find on my own
This is factually untrue, as reverse image searching identifies the image in the op and provides links to a number of resources to information about the related topic. Basically, you haven't been looking and use 4chan as a personal search engine.
>>
File: ring.jpg (64KB, 472x612px) Image search: [Google]
ring.jpg
64KB, 472x612px
>>18398947
well i got the same problem whit this rign any help?
i would like to know the meaning of it
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>18402548
Mines not as cool but I'm also trying to figure out where the design on my ring originated. I've been told different things but still havnt seen a similar symbol
>>
>>18402595
Looks like the Americas. The Mexico area.
>>
File: nd.jpg (33KB, 640x336px) Image search: [Google]
nd.jpg
33KB, 640x336px
>>18398947
reiki shit.
got anything about these?
look like some seals to me.
>>
>>18399158
Middle left column, looks like Atlantean runes from Mage the Awakening.
>>
>>18403256
Looks like either Lemegeton or Pseudomonarchia Daemonum. Goethic seals, that's for sure.
>>
File: Mysterious.jpg (20KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
Mysterious.jpg
20KB, 1000x562px
I've been seeing strange images of this strange symbol popping up all over. I made a crude paint version of what it looks like. Anybody know what it could mean?
>>
>>18403256
What's that from those are for summoning beings such as mammon, stolas.. obviously it's not their seals tho
>>
File: Screenshot_20161207-235646_01.png (112KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161207-235646_01.png
112KB, 1080x1920px
What is this symbol
>>
>>18398947
does anything about it actually heal?

in the gospels when Jesus drives out demons He tells them by this they should be able to identify the power of God
>>
22Then a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute was brought to Jesus, and He healed him, so that the mute man spoke and saw. 23All the crowds were amazed, and were saying, “This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?” 24But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons.”

25And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, “Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26“If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? 27“If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges. 28“But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29“Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.
>>
>>18403328
Penallic Jizznomium. I remember reading about it in a history book about old germanic tribes, but they say the symbol dates back to the first man. It's supposed to teach us how to elevate ourselves to a higher plane of shitposting, but I don't believe in that stuff.
>>
File: night-watch-2004_94101373514155.jpg (146KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
night-watch-2004_94101373514155.jpg
146KB, 960x480px
>>18403332
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.