[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vivid memories of seemingly non-existent things.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

There has been plenty of times when I recalled a memory (usually from when I was really young) of something that had a somewhat significant impact on me. Yet, when you ask your peers about it, they have no idea what you are talking about. Even Google cant help sometimes.

Most recently I recalled something from when I was only a few years of age. I remembered a video that my mom played for me when it was play time. It was a VHS of an animated film titled "Timothy's Wish". It was a religious film about a boy about my age at the time finding an angel during winter. I think the VHS was white. I asked my mom and she had a general idea of what I was talking about but couldn't offer me any guidance to finding it other than she was pretty sure I was talking about an "old Hallmark film". I have looked all over the internet and failed to find anything. Even dug up the house looking for our stash of VHS tapes but to no avail.

Don't get me wrong I have found a lot of things that I remembered from my earlier days, but some still escape me.

What are some of your stories relating to this topic?
>>
There are tons of straight to VHS/DVD-type movies that can't be found because of things like low production numbers, poor documentation, and niche distribution/demographics.

For example, in 2009 I was channel surfing at about 5 AM and came across a Jesus anime being played on the Trinity Broadcasting Network. There were scanlines so it was clearly a VHS tape and the channel listing just said it was Paid Programming. I've found similar anime on a whim but never that particular one.
>>
File: 25973_1_a5a5e8.jpg (25KB, 239x400px) Image search: [Google]
25973_1_a5a5e8.jpg
25KB, 239x400px
You're probably thinking of this, OP.
>>
>>18397535
Holy shit yeah! I figured I had the title off or something. This thread got a little less spook but I can now put that to rest that I am not crazy. Thank you anon c:
>>
Well that was easy enough! /x/ actually solved a mystery! Now! Who can solve the mystery of bigfoot?
>>
>>18397757
Probably another Precious Moments movie
>>
File: 1460708466240.jpg (105KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1460708466240.jpg
105KB, 600x800px
>>18397757
How about the mystery of when you push a massive turd out and look in the toilet and nothing is there.
>>
File: Banjoandfamily.jpg (48KB, 704x512px) Image search: [Google]
Banjoandfamily.jpg
48KB, 704x512px
/co/ has threads for forgotten cartoons once every couple of months. Some are figured out by other anons, some remain mysteries, and a few are solved after a good amount of difficulty.

I've been introduced to some good things in these threads a couple times.

In my personal experience, for a good couple of years I thought Banjo the Woodpile Cat was a dream I'd had until I found it on the internet.
>>
>>18398084
Is it cartoons only? I've seen some stuff on PBS that I've never been able to find on my own
>>
File: Bimbo0007.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bimbo0007.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
>>18398097
Well, I mean, I'm sure people with other interests experience it with other mediums, but I mostly hear about and remember the cartoons because I'm a cartoon fan. I think cartoons are sometimes easier to find in some cases too.
>>
>>18398114
>/co/ - Comics & Cartoons
Oh, right. I'd be better off checking out /tv/. My bad lol
>>
File: 1478618140945.gif (2MB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
1478618140945.gif
2MB, 1280x850px
>>18397487
>It was a religious film about a boy about my age at the time finding an angel during winter
youre probably thinking of the Christmas episode of "my so called life"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.