[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucked Up Bible Quotes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: Bible-Burning1.jpg (66KB, 511x382px) Image search: [Google]
Bible-Burning1.jpg
66KB, 511x382px
We all know the bible is fucking evil and should be burnt and fucking shat on along with the quoran and the torah.

>Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
>>
>>18397076
>One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his bedroom. (Psalm 27:4)
>>
>And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt.
>>
>>18397076
You're taking things put of context and neglecting what Jesus Christ has done and what it means.
>>
>>18397094

New International Version
One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

New Living Translation
The one thing I ask of the LORD--the thing I seek most--is to live in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, delighting in the LORD's perfections and meditating in his Temple.

English Standard Version
One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple.

New American Standard Bible
One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD And to meditate in His temple.

King James Bible
One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
I have asked one thing from the LORD; it is what I desire: to dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, gazing on the beauty of the LORD and seeking Him in His temple.

International Standard Version
I have asked one thing from the LORD; it is what I really seek: that I may remain in the LORD's Temple all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD; and to inquire in his Temple.

Where do you get "bedroom" from?
>>
>>18397169
Foreigners is miatranslated for sojourners. What theyre saying is take care of the foreigner and the immigrants amongst the people, the sojourners, for the children of Israel were once sojourners in egypt as well.
>>
>>18397179
Out*
>>
>>18397076
The Torah is the first five books of the bible, the word means "Instruction, Declaration, Law." I doubt you know anything in depth about it and that your opinion is totally swayed by propaganda.
>>
>following the words of men from an entirely alien culture that died out over 1000 years ago
Every time
>>
>>18397179
Oh please enlighten us. Is the context that jesus said: "the following line is horribel inhuman behavior:"? What is the context that makes it ok?
>>
John 14:1-14(ESV)

1“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. 4 And you know the way to where I am going.” 5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”

8 Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.

12 “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.
>>
>>18397218

Why, yes the seven woes to the scribes and pharisees in matthew chapter 23

1Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 “The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat, 3 so do and observe whatever they tell you, but not the works they do. For they preach, but do not practice. 4 They tie up heavy burdens, hard to bear,[a] and lay them on people's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to move them with their finger. 5 They do all their deeds to be seen by others. For they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long, 6 and they love the place of honor at feasts and the best seats in the synagogues 7 and greetings in the marketplaces and being called rabbi[b] by others. 8 But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c] 9 And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. 10 Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ. 11 The greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

13 “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in.[d] 15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell[e] as yourselves.

16 “Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it is nothing, but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.’ 17 You blind fools! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that has made the gold sacred? 18 And you say, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it is nothing, but if anyone swears by the gift that is on the altar, he is bound by his oath.’
(cont.)
>>
>>18397244
.’ 19 You blind men! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20 So whoever swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. 21 And whoever swears by the temple swears by it and by him who dwells in it. 22 And whoever swears by heaven swears by the throne of God and by him who sits upon it.

23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others. 24 You blind guides, straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel!

25 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and the plate, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26 You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and the plate, that the outside also may be clean.

27 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within are full of dead people's bones and all uncleanness. 28 So you also outwardly appear righteous to others, but within you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

29 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the tombs of the prophets and decorate the monuments of the righteous, 30 saying, ‘If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ 31 Thus you witness against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers. 33 You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?
(cont.)
>>
34 Therefore I send you prophets and wise men and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and persecute from town to town, 35 so that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah,[f] whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar. 36 Truly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! 38 See, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again, until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord
>>
>>18397257
Footnotes:

Matthew 23:4 Some manuscripts omit hard to bear
Matthew 23:7 Rabbi means my teacher, or my master; also verse 8
Matthew 23:8 Or brothers and sisters
Matthew 23:13 Some manuscripts add here (or after verse 12) verse 14: Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses and for a pretense you make long prayers; therefore you will receive the greater condemnation
Matthew 23:15 Greek Gehenna; also verse 33
Matthew 23:35 Some manuscripts omit the son of Barachiah
>>
>>18397185
Good job at correcting that anon
>>
>>18397076
The quran is fuckedd up though and is not a part of the bible. Dont get the two mixed up. Not the same god.
>>
File: 2014846_univ_lsr_lg.jpg (97KB, 860x430px) Image search: [Google]
2014846_univ_lsr_lg.jpg
97KB, 860x430px
19So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts. 20But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, 21for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

(2 Peter Chapter 1)
>>
>>18397274
What is your point?
Jesus Christ also said, "I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life. No one comes to The Father except through me."
>>
>>18397274
>>18397283
Does that scare you?
>>
.....i think what is also important to mention in a discussion of the Bible and especially regarding the Old Testament and the religion of Judaism as a whole as well as various groups which use the name "Jehovah" or "Yahweh" is.....

Is that over the years, as history progressed various Hebrew scholars as well as non-Hebrew scholars (particularly in England and France) have discovered years ago "proof" that the Nikkud (the gramattical vowel pronunciation of the Hebrew language) is simply not as old as it would have to have been with the original Hebrew manuscripts of the Old Testament. (At least this is what I've heard and I think that it's factual...)
>>
>>18397244
>>18397252
>>18397257
>>18397259
Thanks, but everybody could have looked that up, though since OP included where it was from. Dont be the faggot who spams bible verses, they are incredibly easy and convenient to look up. Say it with your words.
I dont see how the context in this case makes it much better
>>
>>18397288
No because I perceive that in loving and believing and trusting in Jesus Christ and His Father I've found something more important and (to me) more real than the Bible.

...This works for me. Surely, the Bible still has its place in my life and it's place in Christendom and still heralds at least some sort of eternal spiritual truth.

This is just how I cope with Christianity... So far, it works for me as an individual.

I believe the stuff that I think is right in the Bible and I disbelieve the stuff that I think is wrong. I think the Jehovah Witnesses also felt this way but they turned their spirituality into an institution and rewrote the Bible.
>>
>>18397302
To me loving Jesus and 'being right with God' is more important than being a 'Bible-Believing Christian'. (I am Magnificat, the faggot who spams Bible verses.)
>>
>>18397295
Thats the thing though, i don't need to say it with my words, and even so my words are the profane speech of a man. God had it all written down. The seven woes is Christ's condemnations to the pharisees who pushed strict adherence o the torah with no spirit in them. What Jesus Christ's new covenant with mankind has done is, because we are all human and cannot possibly adhere to the law totally, we now have an advocate in him, before the Father. Through Jesus we are made innocent before God and can therefore call ourselves His children.
>>
>>18397302
>>18397311
It isn't much but Jesus does say the scriptures bear witness about Him
>>
the christian are on a astray that the jews implemented in the bible by changing and adding verses. Every year a new version of the bible is released. Who are they to change The Words Of The Almighty. Thee Shall Perish
>>
>>18397345
You have yet to tell us how the line in OP is not fucked up. The context didnt make it much better. If you think that you "dont have to say it with your words" then just dont post at all
>>
"...Your stature is like that of the palm,
and your breasts like clusters of fruit.
I said, “I will climb the palm tree;
I will take hold of its fruit.” –Song of Songs 7:7

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>18397380
Yes i think studying the rabbis, specifically classical rabbinic interpretation (rabbinic interpretation before Christ) may be profitable
>>
"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth!
For your love is better than wine;
3 your anointing oils are fragrant;
your name is oil poured out;
therefore virgins love you.
4 Draw me after you; let us run.
The king has brought me into his chambers." - Song of Songs, Ch. 1
>>
"I am very dark, but lovely,
O daughters of Jerusalem,
like the tents of Kedar,
like the curtains of Solomon." - Song of Songs, 1:5
>>
"I am very dark, but lovely,
O daughters of Jerusalem,
like the tents of Kedar,
like the curtains of Solomon." - Song of Songs, 1:5
>>
>>18397409
The quote is from dueteronomy, one of the oldest books in the bible. In this time period, God was setting aside Israel as a people, trying to make a nation out of them. I'm sorry if you can accept it but it was truth to them, and whatever opposed God had to be dealt with. This is why the practices of the surrounding peoples were forbidden as well, and why those same peoples are no more. Because they were in opposition to YHWH and he was making room for his own people. He was creating a nation.
>>
>>18397409
Besides if you think thats fucked up you should read ezekiel.
>>
>>18397494
This was a love song written by solomon to one of his many brides. Its one of a few romances in the bible along with esther and ruth.>>18397560
>>
>>18397560
If you ask me.its quite pretty.

>>18397567
This must be taken in context. The women is presented as a peasant, and being forced to labor all day on her brother's vineyard. Her skin is dark in the sun opposed to the pale mark of beauty in a young noble bride.
>>
>>18397594
Can't *
>>
File: necronomicon.jpg (142KB, 350x333px) Image search: [Google]
necronomicon.jpg
142KB, 350x333px
Tired of the same old stale books of Abrahamic religious doctrine? Want something new and improved, yet Cthulhu-approved? Why not try a new limited-edition collector's copy of the Necronomicon, signed in blood by Abdul Alhazred himself and elegantly bound in human flesh. Come on down into the abysmal depths of insanity and get yours today.
>>
>>18397602
Yeah, I know. And it's sexy. I just think the metaphor in that line is fucking funny. It was a joke.

Solomon was a cool guy. Ecclesiastes is a truth bomb.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.