[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much is a soul worth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: soul.jpg (105KB, 1080x675px) Image search: [Google]
soul.jpg
105KB, 1080x675px
It's a common motif of popular occult fiction that you "sell your soul" to the deity you serve, just exactly how much is your soul worth? Are the physical attributes of pain, sorrow, happiness or ecstasy able to be felt through a soul? how is a soul different from your conscious right now? Is my soul bound to the same chemical addictions my body is or is that not a part of what makes my soul my soul?

Overall my main question is, what are the pros and cons of selling my soul to an occult deity vs staying true to a mainstream religion?

Pic is first google image search for "soul"
>>
so far I've gotten about $200,000 I didn't get alot but I haven't had to work in 10 years
>>
File: 1467961405716.jpg (213KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467961405716.jpg
213KB, 1920x1080px
Soul is the catch all term for "life," when its not limited to specifically the type of body you are in exactly here and now. Some humans I have met tell me that humans are the only conscious life form in existence. They tell me that human neural synapses are the only physical architecture through which consciousness can flow. They tell me that souls don't exist, because if souls existed, they would be limited to specifically the type of body they have, and that no other possibilities exist, therefor it is a term without definition. These belief systems have been categorically true for every encounter I have had with humans who think that souls do not exist.

If you think souls do exist, then you can consider in what ways life might sustain a coherent communications signal with itself over space/time or through modes of change not specifically limited to either time or space. You can consider that the value you place on others' souls directly affects the value of your soul from the perspective of others' self sustained coherent communications signal. You can consider that there is a skill involved in the detection and negotiation of soul frequency, (i.e. how frequently a soul of certain qualities is present at any specific set of coordinates) as well as rules that can be followed along the following principle that how one affects one's souls affects everyone else's souls from one's perspective.

All of this information is merely a suggestion, and you may follow my example if you choose to, however I do not expect you to, nor do I expect you not to. I have chosen to put myself into a position in which the foreknowledge of your choice is hidden to my soul. I can make this choice, because my own soul is mine to control. By controlling my own soul so as not to impose itself over your choices, from the perspective of my soul your soul either does or does not exist.

Do you believe your soul is a fish, or a net? Or a third possibility not considered?
>>
>>18395802
It's just a metaphor. It doesn't mean you literally "selling your soul", it means doing things that you don't morally agree with in order to gain fame/money. Now we say "Selling out".

People (1930s Christian Americans) thought that Rock and Roll, Soul, Jazz was actually the Devils music. All Black music was deemed the devils music.

People were pretty fucking dumb desu.
>>
About three fiddy
>>
>>18396251
That god damn Loch Ness monster trying to sell me its soul for Tree Fiddy
>>
File: Ed.png (320KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ed.png
320KB, 640x480px
An arm and a leg
>>
>>18397450
Fuck you
>>
>>18395802
Every single individuated unit of consciousness within all reality systems is of infinite value.
>>
>>18396250
You can owe your soul.
>>
>>18397450
And your little brother's body.
>>
>>18395802
Your soul is worth what you think it is. Ive been told a soul is worth one kingdom. Most people think its worth a million. Some think its priceless. Most consider trading it for something useful, others wouldnt for all the tea in china.

Ive helped souls
Ive taught souls how to love
Fought with souls
Ive tried to vanquish a few souls

The soul is eternal it never dies
Ive found lost souls
All souls live that are remembered

The person that sells his soul will fight for its return

I believe that most living beings have souls (not just human)

Your soul can guide you or you can control it.
>>
This thread just reminded me that I have not watched any that poppy videos lately
>>
>>18397646
this post sounds like the lyrics to an anime intro
>>
File: chaos.png (610KB, 1033x797px) Image search: [Google]
chaos.png
610KB, 1033x797px
>>18395802

God can physically connect to your nervous system: "I am the vine, you are the branches." The soul is god communing with your nervous system.

How much your soul is worth depends on who you are - God definitely plays favorites.

> staying true to a mainstream religion

All of the Abrahamic religions are false gods - the people who worship Yahweh/Allah and not Jesus will have their souls destroyed - God will have no fellowship with them.

You should trust in Kek...

"Hearing that Zach lost his son really struck a nerve with me, especially because I'm the one who killed him."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheImperialCult/comments/5g8crm/why_i_killed_shimon_peres_to_teach_israel_a/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFDrpT1tq-s
>>
>>18395802
not a lot you can sell it to me if you want a nice gamer girl friend and a stable job. just write
"I sell my self to the void entity for the promise of a gamer girl friend and a stable job" whith your blood of course!
I'll gave you a nice pet for free as I'm a nice market man.
>>
>>18399255
dubs proove my true speech!
>>
26“For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
>>
>>18397646
i believe that only sapient entities have souls.
humans do; chimps, dolphins, octopi, ravens, and other such high intelligence animals might; and some day soon AI will have souls.
but mice, snakes, cows, and most other animals do not have souls.
>>
The human Soul is what gives off or emanates the lifeforce-energy that we've come to know as the Aura. The strength and accordingly the value is different based on how strong you've made your own soul that you wish to bargain. A stronger Aura indicates a stronger Soul that accordingly has more value because of what an entity can get out of it.
>>
>>18395802
$4.99 USD. Plus sales tax in many jurisdictions
>>
>>18403118
>>18397646
How do I increase the value of my soul then?
>>
>>18395802
The soul is worth as much as you deem it.
The Devil will try to haggle, Cthulu will just rape it out of you, Fairies will drive you insane, God will put you in paradise, Vishnu will recycle it, only you can choose to make it immortal.
>>
ITT
>An utter lack of abstract thought regarding a divine construct being tied to universal standards of the incomplete human model of physics

Read a book! Or five.

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?c=Science
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.