[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep deprivation and the paranormal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: giphy.gif (394KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
394KB, 500x335px
Can it be used to tap into the paranormal and to unlock abilities traditionally associated to the right part of the brain?
>>
>>18394992
the only kind of shit you will tap into is terrifying as fuck.
>>
File: uberman.png (14KB, 844x120px) Image search: [Google]
uberman.png
14KB, 844x120px
>>18394992
The ability to fall asleep in a short time frame seems to persist even after the tight schedule.
I wonder whether this could be useful in the meditative practices based on "consciously falling asleep".
>>
File: absolute pitch.png (11KB, 497x113px) Image search: [Google]
absolute pitch.png
11KB, 497x113px
Some very cool talents like synesthesia and absolute pitch are dampened in most individuals.
Sleep deprivation, recreational drug use and other occurrences make it possible to experience these faculties.
>>
>>18394998
>the only kind of shit you will tap into is terrifying as fuck.
There was a guy high on meth who wanted to have sex with shadow people so I guess *terrifying* is a not an universal trait for such experiences.
>>
File: 1480721908941.png (1MB, 1280x1430px) Image search: [Google]
1480721908941.png
1MB, 1280x1430px
>>18394992
I've had many paranormal experiences after sleep deprivation.
I've also noticed that although my higher functions seem to be hampered; I can write more complex music, or draw very detailed pictures after staying up a few nights.
More creative than baseline.
>>
>>18395063
that sounds terrifying to me
>>
>>18395832

>I've had many paranormal experiences after sleep deprivation.

How about you tell us one. This is a discussion board in case you didn't check between your edgy drawings and pretentious compositions.
>>
Doesn't the Russian sleep experiment fall somewhere in this line?

Look it up on youtube. Fucking horrifying.
>>
File: 1480726630097.jpg (88KB, 468x351px) Image search: [Google]
1480726630097.jpg
88KB, 468x351px
>>18395843
Hey man relax.
I was two days old and chilling at my computer, was around 2 in the morning.
I started to feel some tell tale shivers and what I can only describe as a ping like sensation.

Pretty soon I could feel my whole body being subtly tugged (magnetic feeling), like I was being pulled out of my chair.
I resisted for a while but the sensation kept increasing.
Eventually I succumbed to the force and allowed myself to rise out of my chair. I was then guided out onto my verandah which faces due east.

As soon as I was outside my eyes were intimately pulled toward the star Sirius. As soon as my eyes locked onto that point of light an instant connection was made.
From here on out it gets very hard to describe the sensations and sensory stimuli that were occurring, very abstract.

Like all my para experiences, I'm still unsure what the whole thing was about.
>>
>>18394992
No idea on my end op. If i stay awake for a certain length of time (if I wake up at 8 am before the first night then around 11:30 pm) my hearing becomes more sensitive. I tend to not stay up more than about 3 nights in a row though and that is as much as I have experienced consistently.

I think paranoia may also be a side effect of "sleep deprivation", particularly during the dark hours. If I am up through through the night I go to sleep after the sun has started to rise. (but while the morning light is still reasonably dim)
>>
Any tips on how I should safely go about sleep deprivation? You know in relation to work, social life, exercise, food.
>>
>>18395914
I would say that you should have a supply of food on hand, it reduces strain after the first nights if you eat well enough, the first night is the only real one that caffeine will really seem to help you through (probably because it only reduces your descent into tiredness)

That said if you want to further strain yourself as I suspect you do. (trying to find further effects by causing the strain to build up much faster) I have no ideas. Good luck though anon.
>>
>>18395953
Oh, I also thought of something else... If you feel particularly motivated, and have a friend (or two) who is willing to join you in attempting what you are doing, you could each write down what you experience as you go so you will have something interesting to compare after this is done. (it would let you see what effects are common and to be disregarded for others who chose to do as you are doing in the future.)
>>
>>18395914
>You know in relation to work, social life, exercise, food.
I know about food.
Go VERY low on carbs during an adaptation period.
High fat low carb, less than 100 g protein.
Sleep deprivation this way is smoother.
>>
>>18395991
Ah, drink a lot of water, have magnesium, sodium and potassium.
Read about the ketogenic diet on the internet.
>>
File: 1469050223220.jpg (694KB, 5039x3359px) Image search: [Google]
1469050223220.jpg
694KB, 5039x3359px
Fug I had an exploding head syndrome sort of thing while semi-lucid.
I will reach God, without killing mysel hopefully.
>>
File: IMG_1206.jpg (2MB, 2448x3060px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1206.jpg
2MB, 2448x3060px
I consider it a stretch to say that sleep deprivation produces a window where by which the paranormal can be witnessed and or experienced. However, I have experienced strange things due to sleep deprivation and mental exhaustion. For a long period during a stressful semester at University, I began to constantly see what I thought were things moving within my peripheral vision. This mostly occurred during night time hours. There was one night, where I was almost up for 24 hours due to school work and when I finally went to lie down for sleep, i began to experience auditory hallucinations. I would hear what sounded like women screaming in horror.

Overall, not a fun experience but when I finally picked myself back up and got into a healthier routine, I thought about how interesting these experiences were and that I would like to explore these things further. However, as I said, they were very disconcerting and unsettling and I don't recommend seeking out these sorts of experiences, especially if you have priorities like work, school, etc. These things, along with your mental state, will suffer.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.