[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so is /x/ fuckin with the neon demon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

so is /x/ fuckin with the neon demon?
>>
>>18394978
It was really shit. I'd hoped for better from Refn.

Waste of 2 hours.
>>
>>18394978
You type like a nigger.
>>
It really was a terrible movie. Plus they kept trying to lie to me about how beautiful that fish-eyed, rat-eared skinwalker is.
>>
File: like one of your french girls.jpg (114KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
like one of your french girls.jpg
114KB, 1080x1080px
i fuks wit em
>>
>>18395019
Thats what I heard, which really bums me out considering how much I love Drive. It just looked so fucking cool. All that retrowave influence, plus fashion, plus weird horror potential and it's apparently boring. I might still have to give it a shot if only to see how it all went wrong
>>
File: 04.png (20KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
04.png
20KB, 400x283px
>>18394978

It was a great film, you niggas just can't stand a slow movie with little speaked dialog.

So much powerful and sexy tension

The neon demon > Only gods forgives > Drive
>>
>>18395868

>speaked dialog

I can see why dialog isn't important to you.
>>
>>18394978
I loved the neon demon, but I feel like it went to shit towards the end
All the buildup, the tension, the gorgeous visuals, it lost it after Jess was killed or a little before that.
>>
>>18395993
This is how I felt as well.

I do think that it's worth the watch for the visuals and atmosphere alone, but it does suffer from a weak narrative, particularly during the climax.
>>
>>18396339
>>18395993
you just sad she died the narrative wasnt weak at all
>>
>>18396339
To continue from this, I think that it's largely because just when Jess's character arc is going somewhere, the story abruptly ends.

>>18396348
I would have been okay with her death if it weren't such a fucking boring way to end the film. Abruptly cutting the narrative short by killing off the lead half-way through her arc is indeed weak. All the shit after that was entirely superfluous.
>>
>>18395845
Drive was ok, I liked the romance. His original "Pusher" trilogy is 10/10.

Neon Demon was shit.
>>
It was surreal. I liked it. It was like an opium dream...
>>
I really liked this movie but then again I can enjoy style over substance movies if the style is good enough which it def was in this

Also I liked the model actresses
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.