[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shortwave Number Stations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: dorchester_antenna_closeup.jpg (2MB, 2293x2395px) Image search: [Google]
dorchester_antenna_closeup.jpg
2MB, 2293x2395px
Hey, /x/. I've been digging into these stations and it's been eating at me. There's no official statements on these stations from any government that I can find. I can't find anything solid about them except that they're encryption for some sort of messages. What do you guys think about them?
>>
>>18392603
messages to spies and shit most likely
>>
>>18392603
have you actually ever heard one yourself?
or have you only ever heard about them from other people.
>>
>>18392619
I've listened, but I wondered what you have to say about them. Since there's no official explanations, I'm sure you guys had some ideas of what kind of information they're carrying. Besides that being the fact that some of these have been active for god knows how long. I've been reading in and listening to them extensively, and I'm just... I'm enraptured with the sheer perfection of number stations as an encryption system. You guys have a lot of things to say about much less enigmatic material- so I was curious.
>>
>>18392630
i personally have little to say on the subject.
i have never listened to one myself.

my guess, they are bullshit random numbers that serve no purpose other than for lulz.
the joke here being that everyone who listens would think it is significant and hopefully go all conspiracy nut about it.
i suspect this because it is exactly the sort of thing i might do myself if i had the free time.
>>
>>18392664
Some of these stations have been running for more than thirty years, at such high power that it would take a rather ridiculous amount of money to be doing it for the lols. There've been a couple instances of governments accusing other nations of transmitting information to spies on these channels.

So I'd guess that your guess is rather wrong.
But in response to OP, there's not much doubt on what they're for. Spies. But for what they're saying? Your guess is good as mine.
>>
>>18392603
List of People who Are Plausible by /x/'s Definition:
-Reptilians
-Demons
-Necromancers
-Lemurians
-Qlipphothists
-Soviet Psychics
-the Max Headroom Hackers
-Time Displaced AI
-fucking anything

List of things That Are Actually Plausible:
-Assorted Governments
>>
>>18392690
>>18392675
I mean, yeah. But I wanted to hear what kinds of crazy stuff /x/ had to offer.
>>
>>18392675
eh...
i guess you are right.

i do still think there are probably some troll number stations though.
>>
>>18392705
It's possible, I guess.
>>
>>18392690
achronal AI would be REALLY cool though.
>>
>>18392703
i haven't really heard any other ideas even when they're brought up here which happens sometimes. i think its obvs they're spycraft shit
>>
>>18392750
Yeah, but some of you guys think the earth is flat, so I figured it'd be worth a gander.
>>
>>18392753
kek
>>
>>18392603
Number stations exist exactly as we think they do. The United States successfully prosecuted two individuals of Cuban descent for spying, the main source of proof was the use and decoding of messages via number stations. It's absolutely logical and definitely not a far off conspiracy.
>>
>>18392603
Codes encoded with one time pad
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-time_pad

No way to decrypt without the keys.

Skyking number station:
http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

8992 khz USB
https://skykingradio.blogspot.nl/2015/09/skyking-skyking-do-not-answer-heres.html
>>
All I've picked up on shortwave is discssions about mince pies and shortbread
>>
How do you listen to these stations?
>>
Probably related to automated nuclear triggers
>>
>>18394923
shortwave radio. here is a nice online one

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901
>>
>>18395256
that 8901 is part of the link. it didnt linkify for me
>>
>>18392603
i dare say these are the same transmissions Tesla talks about
".... The feeling is constantly growing on me that I had been the first to hear the greeting of one planet to another. A purpose was behind these electrical signals; and it was with this conviction that I announced to the Red Cross Society, when it asked me to indicate one of the great possible achievements of the next hundred years, that it would probably be the confirmation and interpretation of this planetary challenge to us. Since my return to New York more urgent work has consumed all my attention; but I have never ceased to think of those experiences and of the observations made in Colorado. I am constantly endeavoring to improve and perfect my apparatus, and just as soon as practicable I shall again take up the thread of my investigations at the point where I have been forced to lay it down for a time." -Nikola Tesla
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Teslascope
>>
>>18395294
"Others may scoff at this suggestion...[of] communicat[ing] with one of our heavenly neighbors, as Mars...or treat it as a practical joke, but I have been in deep earnest about it every since I made my first observations in Colorado Springs... At the time, there existed no wireless plant other than mine that could produce a disturbance perceptible in a radius of more than a few miles. Furthermore, the conditions under which I operated were ideal, and I was well trained for the work. The character of the disturbances recorded precluded the possibility of their being of terrestrial origin, and I also eliminated the influence of the sun, moon, and Venus. As I then announced, the signals consisted in a regular repetition of numbers, and subsequent study convinced me that they must have emanated from Mars, the planet having just then been close to the earth." - Nikola Tesla
>>
>>18395208
The system you`re refering to(known as "Dead mans switch") were decommisioned in the early 90's. ICBMs are, like most military stuff, monitored and launched via satellite these days
>>
>>18396453
>>18395208
There's been massive amounts of speculation for the purpose of Numbers Stations. From giving info to spies to dead man's switch systems for countries hosting nuclear weaponry.

Could be practically anything, but the most plausible theory IMHO is a one-time pad crypted messages to military forces or spies.
>>
>>18394923
http://priyom.org/number-stations/station-schedule
>>
>>18396453
The point of a good dead man's switch is it can't be disabled. Ever. No matter what. If they can be disabled, they can be defeated. Any attempt to disarm needs to trigger the end of the world.
>>
>>18392709
Ilovebees
>>
what's weirder than numbers stations? 7570kHz from 7-7:30am eastern
>>
>>18392664
You're a moron.
>>
Can we archive this thread?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.