[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will I ever be able to be like this guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

Started studying the paranormal the last few months. Any free time I have I'm reading and making notes. Do you think /x/ that one day I'll be able to go from town to town solving paranormal happenings ? is it possible? what was your goals or reasoning for diving into this stuff?
>>
>>18390208
I used to want to be a paranormal investigator, those were the days man.
>>
>>18390224
gimme some stories man
>>
>>18390208
I love that people think this is an actual occupation. Like one that will feed you. Never change /x/. Never change.
>>
>>18390237
ahh I know it won't put bread on the table, but I've inherited a fair bit of money and I'm saving 80% of my wage each week.
>>
>>18390255

Something to consider is private investigator work. Never know what might straggle in, and you could turn down clients you don't dig. Would let you write off some of the equipment and expenses for tax purposes.
>>
>>18390237
I know it's not, but a man can dream.
>>
File: mene.jpg (38KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
mene.jpg
38KB, 500x264px
>>18390269
oh damn that doesn't sound too bad actually anon. Is it hard getting a license or permit to be a PI ?
>>
>>18390280
Nah, you can take a class on weekends over a couple of months. Fair warning, it's apparently pretty boring like 99% of the time.
>>
>>18390280

It can be, depending on location. Usually experience at an existing agency (you can leech off anothers license, as an option), a criminal law degree, or being former popo. Idaho, Mississippi, South Dakota, and Wyoming don't require a license.
>>
>>18390293
shit dude, that doesn't sound too bad. it doesnt sound too hard or time consuming so I may be doing this by june next year (dont want to start too early, need to save the sheckles you know?) but damn dude.
>>
File: 1461725351627.jpg (114KB, 474x478px) Image search: [Google]
1461725351627.jpg
114KB, 474x478px
>>18390208
That powerful probably not.

Nicotine addict with the abbility to disturb the very fabric of reality, maybe.

You just need more training.
>>
>>18390237
theres tons of those shitty ghost tv shows making big bucks
>>
No - there just aren't enough interesting paranormal happenings that require human intervention of that kind. Even the people I know who've run into an inordinate quantity of that shit haven't found nearly enough of it to somehow turn it into a career except through writing books about their experiences and using that fame to catapult a career teaching metaphysical shit (magic, astral projection, exorcism, healing, etc).

If you really want something that will pay the bills while still involving the "supernatural," your best bet is to pursue serious training in traditional Eastern medicine with a teacher who places a strong emphasis on personal cultivation and the classical approach to healing (ie. don't pursue the sanitized, party-approved version of Chinese Medicine, which was stripped of all personal cultivation and spiritual context).

Which culture you go with doesn't matter, but pursue it wholeheartedly and you'll be able to develop a career out of cultivating energetic and spiritual abilities, using them to help people and occasionally having to tangle with negative entities. You can throw some more traditional magic in if you want to.
>>
>>18390237
lol it is funny. tbf though, people can get a lot of money from paranormal related shit if they are convincing, im talking like people who can "see" the future, or cleaning people of "spirits. pretty much the only way to make money it to be a trickster.
>>
>>18390660
Almost correct, that's why the only way it truly works is when you do it for free.
>>
>>18390669
the new age is full of fellas who heal crazy women for money. i know of some guy who makes decent money from it.
>>
>>18390672
That's not magic that's called making money.

Magic it's when things happens that shouldn't happen and nobody has to move a finger.

Apparently.
>>
>>18390280
If you are in the US it depends on the state what you have to do to be a Private Investigator. I did it for like three months and it was legitimately me sitting in my car, outside of someone's house waiting to see if they needed their crutches or not.
>>
>>18390680
i know lol. i never said it was magic. im suggesting this is the way to make money from paranormal related things. i doubt real magic actually exists. from my experience its all manipulation.
>>
>>18390683
It has to be, otherwise there's no rational explanation, and that's kind of the point doesn't it?

Where do you close the line from planned strategy, to wild hazardous coincidences?

How aware can you be of the world around you and the circumstances involved in it.
>>
>>18390255
I'm 44, about to be 45. I fucked off a lot. I'm probably going to have to work until I die. Consider, if you have the option of saving 80% of your wage, putting it (or as much as you can) into a Roth IRA or 401K and if you have any left over that was "disposable", maybe buy stock in Netflix and / or Amazon, or something. Retire EARLY. ..... Not trying to stir a bunch of shit up. Just consider it.
>>
I used to "work" with some friends on my early years kind of like a PI going from town to town.

It was fun and I saw some shit that would make even the most skeptic rethink their view of the world, but a lot of times it was just some scam. We all kinda grew tired of each other though, one of the guys was just there to smoke weed and eat all day, all of our fucking budget went there.

Overall there was no real profit, but we kinda broke even and it was fun while it lasted I guess.
>>
>>18390208
Will u ever be an insufferable cunt and a cancer to all your family and friends u mean?
>>
>>18390208
You want to be a wood carving of Vanilla Ice?
>>
>>18391052
I've got that part of the Constantine life down. And he chain smoking.
Shame I'm shite at magic.
>>
>>18391078
Those two are very cheap, you lucked out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hYBgpZdbKM
>>
File: max-headroom.png (2MB, 1310x900px) Image search: [Google]
max-headroom.png
2MB, 1310x900px
>>18390208
John Constantine looks like Max Headroom
>>
File: avatar_79cc3936ba37_512.png (120KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
120KB, 512x512px
>>18391086
Thanks for the song anon. Goes perfectly with the pint I'm having.
>>
>>18390280
>>18390293
Most PI work is just insurance scam stuff and finding cheating spouses.

>>18391095
He was disigned to look like David Bowie.
>>
File: rangeachieved.jpg (109KB, 583x800px) Image search: [Google]
rangeachieved.jpg
109KB, 583x800px
>>18391110
A toast to you then.

Turns out I'm having a fantastic day.
>>
>>18391139
I thought it was Sting.
>>
>>18390617
tons meaning a few no?
>>
>>18391144
Shit your right David Bowie was Lucifer and Constantine was Sting.
>>
>>18391197
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8976fuIqCo

Kampai
>>
>>18391205
He never didn't die he left for the next stage and left us behind.

Damn I miss Bowie.
>>
File: feels.png (3KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
3KB, 160x160px
>>18391281
I miss him too senpai
>>
>>18390789
>>18390647
I'm thinking of opening a PI office that specializes in paranormal and supernatural happenings, how do you think that sounds?
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>18391281
>He never didn't die

Now he totally dead. Thanks to your grammar.
>>
>>18391471
Sorry I'm a redneck, I thought you fags liked to keep women in the kitchen and make American great again.

>>18391470
Like your going to go bankrupt in your first year.
>>
>>18391281
Someday we'll see him again, anon.

>>18391470
>PI office that specializes in paranormal and supernatural happenings
Besides this >>18391478, you're gonna attract a lot of schizos.
Just make it a regular PI office, keep the "we also investigate paranormal phenomena" on the down low.
>>
>>18391470
If you're real about it you are probably in for a world of weird ass shit, so like others said get accustomed to the world of regular PI at first with an extra line about being open to paranormal shit
>>
>>18391520
>>18391506
I didnt take those into consideration. I appreciate your input or to quote Anon "I never didn't think about it"
>>
>>18392375
By the way, before you try to make this endeavor yours real, study the occult so you could handle the paranormal happenings yourself... or you could find someone who knows how to deal it properly. It's up to you.
Good luck, lad.
>>
Start being a huge cunt to everyone and chainsmoking.
Also start reading a ton of Morrison if you haven't already on top of whatever occult lit you've picked up.
>>
>>18392631
would rather study it myself. Any good stuff for a introduction?
>>18392711
Any good stuff of morrison I should start on?
>>
>>18390208
Magic isn't an identity, it's a tool. How many demons do you there there are wishing they could be plumbers?
>>
>>18392922
You could start with The Secret Teaching of All Ages, so you can know which practice/system you wanna learn later.
Agrippa's "Three Books of Occult Philosophy" and Kaplan's "Jewish Meditation" are pretty good too.
Yeah, meditation is important.

You can get those books in beginners folder:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
Or you can look for whatever catches your eye in other folders.

Like I said, good luck!
>>
>>18392922
The Invisibles is the Morrison bible. Or if you want to start off easier, read Multiversity, I guess.
http://zaporacle.com/are-you-an-invisible-manichean-mutant-metamorphosis-a-chaos-magic-artifact-brought-out-of-a-reading-of-the-invisibles-by-grant-morrison/
>>
>>18390208
Here's your best course of action. Duke University has one of the only respected parapsychology programs in the US. Get your PhD in parapsy and one in world theology. You will be able to know how to do what you want to do.
>>
I do supernatural fintimes for cash, but I doubt I fit the feel you're going for. But I work with a guy who does. Normal mundie PI who is well versed in paranormal. About 80% of the time he's doing divorces or workers comp scams. Spying on people trying catch them cheating or lifting weights when they are "injured at work" but he's built a reputation for spooky cases. Deals with possessions, hauntings, people suspected of cursing a client. Shit like that. He himself doesn't preform magic beyond callings and séances. Hes got a few clergy on call and buys protective charms/curio in bulk. (The man owns a five gallon bucket of holy water) he mostly works with this hermetic dude and a couple of priests for the big jobs. Sometimes he calls me in when he needs that down home mojo.
>>
>>18390208
Why would you want to be like him?
An addict, who'd sacrifice hes own friends, and actually have a pretty shitty life....
>>
>>18396186
He didn't sacrificed any of his friends, only in New 52.
People just happens to die and somehow avoiding it, like Alan Quotermain.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.