[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Buddhism /x/ approved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 3435453645.jpg (84KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
3435453645.jpg
84KB, 640x360px
Is Buddhism /x/ approved?
>>
Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTbVVbDpGzM
>>
File: IMG_20161202_144607_314.jpg (64KB, 1541x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161202_144607_314.jpg
64KB, 1541x1600px
IS IT?????
>>
>>18389441
>Is it /x/ approved

What about buddhism is spooky?
>>
File: just buddha things.jpg (379KB, 1862x768px) Image search: [Google]
just buddha things.jpg
379KB, 1862x768px
>>18389441
only if you can come up with the answers to the universe yourself
>>
>>18389467
Fuck you
>>
>>18389537
Life is pain and all your dreams and ambitions are doing nothing but hurting you can condemning you to endless lifetimes of more suffering?
>>
>>18389572
This makes Siddhartha Gautama sad :(
>>
>>18389591
Breddy spoopy
>>
>>18389601
>implying an unthinking automaton can feel sad
>>
That's a spoopy skellington
>>
>>18389441
no, if its not Christian, its degenerate
>>
>>18390460
There is no such thing as degenerate. Just generate.
>>
>>18389441
i have never properly looked into buddhism. dont know where to start. i bet most people on /x/ havent properly studied it too. watching a few youtube videos doesent count.
>>
>>18389558
I dont get this

what are they freaking out about?
>>
>>18389441
Is their a reason buddhism wouldnt b x tier? Or is everything x tier literally salivating at the mouth.
>>
x was my "journal" in the beginning to keep track of my actions, since it was accessible anywhere in spacetime through meditation. (Meaning you type it, you bind it.)

I have seen post in here by Budda
>>
>>18390523
You clearly know nothing about buddhism
>>
As a practical system of exercises and concepts which allow you to seize control of your life and lead a more fulfilling and less painful existence, it's excellent. But I could do without the mythological side, especially the idolization of Buddha/Bodhisattva's.

Some combination of Buddhist meditation with Daoist philosophy and physical training is probably the ultimate "secular spirituality." Except not Zen, which was supposed to be exactly that, but ended up with the worst parts of each system instead of the best.
>>
>>18390537
Then teach him. Or stop correcting.
>>
>>18390468
probably the lack of free will inherent in that description, but really you just have to accept the beasts will as your own and theres really no problem.
>>
>>18390610

>>free will
>>have to eat/drink, sleep, sex(to keep race alive)

What? Maybe I'm just pessimistic, but this doesn't feel like free will. When you MUST do something to survive, it isn't free will. When every decision you make is rooted in the need to survive. If you didn't have to do those things, everything would instantly be better. Then we would truly see what humanity would be like if it had "free" will.
>>
File: vidya1.png (1MB, 1368x1076px)
vidya1.png
1MB, 1368x1076px
>>18390618
>you dont choose how much/what you eat
>you dont enjoy sleeping like a rock and/or choosing to avoid sleep for days to advance your spirituality.
>implying we have sex to keep the race alive.
>>
>>18390803
Possibly x tier.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.