[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christianity and Chaos Magick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (11KB, 100x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 100x194px
What if God doesn't want us to conduct chaos magic?

Have you ever been in the midst of an awful trip and had the thought 'Fuck, the government was right. There's a reason shrooms are illegal'.

What if it's the same for chaos magicians once Christ returns?
>>
>>18387370
>What if God doesn't want us to conduct chaos magic?

Yours might not, but mine, Kek, does.

Shadilay!
>>
What if Christians are always trying to guilt trip you to spread their belief that everything except for them is evil?
>>
>>18387370
>Have you ever been in the midst of an awful trip and had the thought 'Fuck, the government was right. There's a reason shrooms are illegal'.

Have you ever considered that you are full of emotional blocks, childish fears and have a stupid desire to be protected?
>>
>>18387370
Government should be for cattle not people and if such a tyrannical god as yours exists I refuse to bow down or worship him. I am sovereign. NO GODS NO MASTERS.
>>
>>18387930
kek isnt a god hes just an egregore., which basically means its just one personality of a schizophrenic god, or one of gods tulpas that has gods knowledge but no power to control it.
>>
>>18387370
The reason there's so many people interested in the occult is you, people so retarded it makes you feel like you're trapped in a realm full of fucking monkeys.
>>
>>18387370
If you're a Christian, what would possibly make you think that God WANTS us to be chaos magickians?
>>
>>18387939
How about ALL GODS ALL MASTERS
>>
>>18387939
>NO MASTERS.

but anons, everyone needs a master in their life to give them the tools to live a fulfilling life.
>>
>>18387932
Luke 9:
49 “Master,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in Your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not accompany us.” 50“Do not stop him, Jesus replied, “for whoever is not against you is for you.”
>>
>>18387935
>stupid desire to be protected

That desire isn't stupid. It's natural.
>>
>>18387370

"Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom"

He's just under 2,000 years late showing up. Bitch ain't coming back.
>>
Who the fuck knows bruh. If you think that ur god doesn't like it, then don't do it. You do you.
>>
>>18388376
....what exactly happens when you "do chaos magick" in the name of Jesus Christ?
>>
This is what the Catechism of the Catholic Church says about magic.... essentially that it is "against the 'spirit' or 'nature' of faith in God":

Divination and magic

2115 God can reveal the future to his prophets or to other saints. Still, a sound Christian attitude consists in putting oneself confidently into the hands of Providence for whatever concerns the future, and giving up all unhealthy curiosity about it. Improvidence, however, can constitute a lack of responsibility.

2116 All forms of divination are to be rejected: recourse to Satan or demons, conjuring up the dead or other practices falsely supposed to "unveil" the future.48 Consulting horoscopes, astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance, and recourse to mediums all conceal a desire for power over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect, and loving fear that we owe to God alone.

2117 All practices of magic or sorcery, by which one attempts to tame occult powers, so as to place them at one's service and have a supernatural power over others - even if this were for the sake of restoring their health - are gravely contrary to the virtue of religion. These practices are even more to be condemned when accompanied by the intention of harming someone, or when they have recourse to the intervention of demons. Wearing charms is also reprehensible. Spiritism often implies divination or magical practices; the Church for her part warns the faithful against it. Recourse to so-called traditional cures does not justify either the invocation of evil powers or the exploitation of another's credulity.
>>
>>18389908
....furthermore....here is a bit more from the Chatechism of the Catholic Church:

III. "YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME"

2110 The first commandment forbids honoring gods other than the one Lord who has revealed himself to his people. It proscribes superstition and irreligion. Superstition in some sense represents a perverse excess of religion; irreligion is the vice contrary by defect to the virtue of religion.

Superstition

2111 Superstition is the deviation of religious feeling and of the practices this feeling imposes. It can even affect the worship we offer the true God, e.g., when one attributes an importance in some way magical to certain practices otherwise lawful or necessary. To attribute the efficacy of prayers or of sacramental signs to their mere external performance, apart from the interior dispositions that they demand, is to fall into superstition.41

>>
>>18389908
>>18389912
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=606409
>>
>>18387935
This
>>
>>18387370
He doesn't. I was pretty deep into meme magic and got convicted pretty hard by the Holy Spirit for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (538KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
538KB, 1024x768px
http://thedidache.com

....here is a famous Christian text not included in the Bible....it is called 'the didache' or the 'teaching of the twelve apostles' .....of course it was not included in the bible

Section 2 of this text:
"1. But the second commandment of the teaching is this:
2. "Thou shalt do no murder; thou shalt not commit adultery"; thou shalt not commit sodomy; thou shalt not commit fornication; thou shalt not steal; thou shalt not use magic; thou shalt not use philtres; thou shalt not procure abortion, nor commit infanticide; "thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods";
3. Thou shalt not commit perjury, "thou shall not bear false witness"; thou shalt not speak evil; thou shalt not bear malice.
4. Thou shalt not be double-minded nor double-tongued, for to be double-tongued is the snare of death.
5. Thy speech shall not be false nor vain, but completed in action.
6. Thou shalt not be covetous nor extortionate, nor a hypocrite, nor malignant, nor proud, thou shalt make no evil plan against thy neighbor.
7. Thou shalt hate no man; but some thou shalt reprove, and for some shalt thou pray, and some thou shalt love more then thine own life."
>>
>>18389908
>>18389912
too bad these vatican decrees disagree with the bible:

Acts 28:8 "And it happened that the father of Publius was lying in bed afflicted with recurrent fever and dysentery; and Paul went in to see him and after he had prayed, he laid his hands on him and healed him. "
Timothy 4:14: "Do not neglect the spiritual gift within you, which was bestowed on you through prophetic utterance with the laying on of hands by the presbytery. "
Timothy 1:6 : "For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. "
Mark 16:18: "they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."
Hebrews 6:1-3: "Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. And this we will do if God permits. "

And this is only a few passages which support doing magical or divinatory work. There are many more.
>>
>>18389932
I think that you can make the argument that there is a distinct difference between divine acts of God such as prophecy and revelation and then for instance magic ritual or tarot cards
>>
>>18389944
you CAN make that argument, and the bible and certain sects of the christian church do make that argument. But ultimately that argument boils down to "its ok when WE do it because reasons, but if you do it, it's witchcraft"

The catholics are fucking polytheists in denial, they have a whole litany of gods and goddesses to whom they petition and pray, magical mystical waters, incenses and rituals, ritual clothing and chants... It's no different from any other polytheistic religion, but once again "its ok when WE do it because its 'divine', but you're all heathens and going to hell"

The hypocrisy is amazing.
>>
>>18389948
sounds like the great controversies about the nature of the Eucharist (Martin Luther, Zwingli, etc...)
>>
>>18389955
checked, again, you are on fire.

Im not sure it's quite the same as the differing views on the Eucharist, until they start condemning eachother to hell and murdering whole countries over whether memorialism or transubstantiation is 'correct'.

Here's the truth of the thing, there are multiple 'models' of magic (ask over on /omg/ if you want to know more about this). One model of magic is the "divine" model, which presumes that magic is strictly divine in origin, i.e.: "I pray to god, god makes magic" as opposed to other schools which believe magic comes from other sources. The models are not necessarily mutually exclusive, but thats a different conversation. The point here is that since the beginning of time, all religions have practiced some form of "magic". Some religions condone and practice magic which does not subscribe to the "divine" model, some do. There are only certain religions which declare their magic to be "ok" and all others to be punishable by eternal damnation and are willing to murder the planet to prove it out.
>>
>>18387370
>2017
>believing spirit model of magick
it's time to move on
>>
>>18387370
>Have you ever been in the midst of an awful trip and had the thought 'Fuck, the government was right. There's a reason shrooms are illegal'.

hahaha made me kek hard OP. Yes I have, but through meditation I have also been able to realise that no one should tell me how to experience my life.

If you believe in the concept of the Christian god than look at it this way. From what i understand God is meant to be everywhere and is the ultimate product of everything. That must mean he is you and that must mean he is also your decisions.
>>
>>18387370

You got some deep programming op, raised Catholic maybe? I always focus on the vibration, the emotion. A lot of the Catholic scripture is written from a place of fear, not love. Of obedience, not empowerment, of weakness, not strength. They are written in a way to cut you off from the divine spark that resides within you already.

Whether you believe in chaos Magick or not, you are manifesting it all the time. If you truly believe that there is a separate, fatherly God who will punish you for manifesting joy and abundance into your life... Then guess what you're going to manifest?

The fear comes from attachment to the self, that you need to identify yourself as a sinner in the face of God, the attachment to the idea of an immortal soul, instead of realizing that you, the other, and God, are all the same thing having a dance. There is no 'you' that needs to be saved, because you are part of an infinite being having a finite experience.

So who would want to cut you off from the divine within? Look at the state of the world when that book was written, slavery and neonatocide were common, people died from preventable disease, famine, childbirth, etc. People remained rigidly attached to how they did things and looked to the heavens for help instead of letting go of their ways and helping each other.

For thousands of years people believed that God helped the helpless, and suffering and hardship were the norm. As the phrase God helps those who help themselves had taken hold in our lexicon, our life span had tripled, famine is at the lowest point ever in history despite there being many multiples more people, there's still war but relative to how many people there are its at the lowest point ever, and right now we're communicating in an essentially telepathic manner on opposite sides of the earth. The question shouldn't be what if God was right, but rather why do I believe in a God that wants me to be helpless and dependant on him?
>>
>>18389908
>>18389912
What does it say about Pedophile Priests?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.