[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are guys who picked up a strange notebook with 2ch...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 25

Is there anyone who can read it?
>>
I'll reprint all
>>
>>
It seems he picked it up in front of the station.
>>
>>
>>
Im sorry to post it continuously
>>
>>
I think that the relevance to the Voynich manuscript is high
>>
bump for interest. seems like someone on here could decode if they put in the time.
>>
>>
>>
>>18386910
I hope so,
>>
>>
>>
>>
another thing you could do is try to decode it yourself. the most use character would be e second most used is t and so on. Do this for a page or paragraph and see if you can't make out some words or sentences
>>
>>
>>
That's not a western language structure. it's obviously coded, but the sentences have no spaces. Where was it picked up?

Alternatively they could have just not used spaces to make it harder to decode. That's likely. Just a thought I wanted to point out, since any info can help when trying to do this kind of stuff.
>>
>>18386973
What I understood after a while thinking is that I can not understand it at all...
I hope someone smart guys will elucidate it
>>
>>18387005
I don't have the time to decode, but I'll give you a hint: the brute force way to decode something in English is to simply take the most common letters from our language and replace the most common letters in the manuscript with them.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/explore/which-letters-are-used-most

Start with just a sentence. Keep replacing until it makes sense, then chronicle what you found and apply it further. If something seems wrong, then you did it wrong.

I'm assuming this is not a real, important document so the person doing it almost certainly just replaced letters in their language w/ new symbols then removed spaces.
>>
Following the pictures, it looks like some witchery about the birth of people and aliens, and their great woman god
>>
>>18386848
Is the original photo the first page?
>>
>>18387025
You're telling that the "M" caracter its an E?
>>
>>18387038
not necessarily, but statistically it is almost certain that one of the 3 most common letters in your manuscript will be E.

Good starting place at least. Replace variants of the top 5 letters in your manuscript with the top 3 letters in English and see if you can figure out some words.

For example if you got "T * E *" you could possibly assume "them" -- from here you have a hypothesis of what letter the *'s are as well.

If you play with a sentence for an hour or two you should be able to figure out the letters, or at the very least figure out if they're a direct equivalent to English.
>>
I uploaded all the pages on which the letters were written

>>18387001
There was also an indication that the sentences have no spaces in 2 ch.
He only said that he picked it up at the station in Japan so I do not know the details
>>
>>18387058
Oh goodness. If he found it in Japan it's probably Japanese, because Japanese naturally has no spaces.

Identify how many different characters there are. If there are 23-26(making room for the possibility of never using x,z, etc.) then assume English, if there are like 30-40 assume japanese minus kanji.....

If this is Japanese you may never solve it.
>>
What if it is written with diferent caracters from several languages?

If you look closely there are chinesse or japanese caracters, don't know the diference, and also the "ó" looks like a nordic language, and that triangle looks like something egiptian or other old stuff caracters, I don't know, just guessing
>>
>>18387028
Probably...

It is thought that the recorder's fingering chart is involved in original thread
>>
>>18387077
I'm from Sweden, so I thought I'd comment on the "ó". It's not really used in Danish, Norwegian, Finnish or Swedish, but Iceland does utilize that letter. The letters Å, Ä and Ö or O are used in the Scandinavia/finland region. Although "ó" only makes up 0.99% of the icelandic language, according to the icelandic orthography wikipedia page, and I saw the character used 3 times in one "word" at one of the pages, so that's an unlikely correlation.
>>
>>18387079
That's what I thought too but it looks more like alto sax fingerings to me. Btw, from what was in a script that was readable, it looks like it's a text relating to religion or faith.
>>
>>18387093
I think the theory is it could be used to directly replace another letter, regardless of language. So, like, it could be english, except "ó" is in place of "f".

This is how most amateur codes work. If we assume an origin language and start replacing letters we can honestly figure it out in a couple of hours. We just have to guess the original language right and apply it.

Unless they're better than I assume. I'm guessing it's just some bored person wanting to leave something spooky in a train station.
>>
>>18387093
And what is the "ó"? How do you pronounce it?
>>
>>18387069
omg, the japanese seems unlikely to elucidate this. . .
>>
Early greek, theres a caracter from there and it's A, the 9th caracter on the 1st pic
>>
>>18387101
Not a clue. Swedish and Icelandic are fairly similar structurally, but spoken it's mostly like trying to talk to Inuits.
>>
Will the Voynich manuscript be elucidated if the google translation evolves?

Even though it was made by a leisure person, Im worried about what is written...
>>
>>18387025
>>18387049
>>18387069
I consider these for a while with reference to these... Thanks guys
>>
>>18387172
BOY! It has some caracters from this pictures also!
>>
>>18386868
"Taberu yatsu" is written next to "PREDATOR"
it means eaters in japanese
>>
File: 1444765142967.png (109KB, 360x340px) Image search: [Google]
1444765142967.png
109KB, 360x340px
>>18386848
>2ch

ids da deth nod
>>
>>18386892
and "Sodatsu mono" written in lower right means growing person. may be growing things
>>
Bump, xomeone must solve this
>>
Come on /x/ you are better than this finally the time we have a actual mystery in our hands and you prefer to suck scubbes titties instead
>>
>>18387753
isa guide to youtoube tutorial
>>
>>18387118
Does look like characters I see on othodox church paintings..
>>
Hmm looking closer and it's ancient cyrlic .. just in cursive handwritten form.
>>
To further back up Ancient Greek claims I did some research and found this
In addition, the ancient Greeks used no spaces between words or paragraphs. Texts were a continuous string of letters, with an occasional blank line inserted to mark the end of a major section, though even this was not always done.
>>
not op but any progress on the decoding? really interested in it
>>
But there is spaces anons. They're just side ways
>>
I can read ancient greek(or rather i went to school for it for a year, so I kind of can) and while there are a few characters that are similar there's a lot more going on in this.>>18387827
>>18387831
>>18387118

I think we can, at this point, confirm that the person who wrote this was Japanese but somehow replaced hiragana or maybe English letters with some sort of code.

I'm suspicious that he may have replaced Hiragana because it seems occasionally his code fails him and he writes in Kanji to represent an idea.

Either that or he was trying to spook the japs who found it by including a few hints they could understand.
>>
Ever since I assisted in decoding the chain mail hoax I've been reluctant to assist in this sort of thing and considering this notebook came from 2ch the likelihood that the cipher was originally in English is minimal at best.

If someone actually wants to decode it though the first step is to make half of a key that lists all the different characters that appear. If there's less than 26 or more than about 40 it's probably not english.
>>
>>18387984
This is essentially what I listed earlier - the only way to do this is brute force guys. If anyone wants to solve it bad enough it can be solved, but multiple languages may be necessary.
>>
>>18387992
It can't be solved if it doesn't contain any rational data. In looking at it a bit closer I'm inclined to thing it's doodling. There doesn't appear to be nearly a broad enough variety of characters and it's not uncommon for the same character to appear three times sequentially. The ô character appears constantly, in nearly every word multiple times.

My initial evaluation is that this is the work of someone indulging their mild schizophrenia in hopes that it will get them attention as an "artist".
>>
>>18386848
OP give us some information, please. where do you have this from or where have you found it? What do you know about it? it looks quite interesting and i may try to help you if i got time, but for this it would be nice to have some more informations...
>>
Could also be latin, found f.e. "regnum", "effugium"... maybe?
>>
File: phon.png (6KB, 138x207px) Image search: [Google]
phon.png
6KB, 138x207px
Is there a chance it's using phonetic signs? This one looks a lot like the signs for -ch or -th.
>>
Fingering chart means it is base 12 encoded.
Looks like small z means sharp or flat???? Ill keep at it. (Base twelve for twelve notes)
>>
>>18388007
This is very possible as well. I've been skeptical since the start of the thread.

Keep in mind though, it could be a code breaking strategy if it's genuinely coded. Some may be dummy characters. When I used codes in a college club we had dummy characters we stuck in the middle of words to make it look like nonsense. Not a very complex idea and any website or whatever on creating a code would advise such a strategy.

Remember, presume fake but use rational strategies to affirm
>>
File: 1388829191742.jpg (125KB, 780x749px) Image search: [Google]
1388829191742.jpg
125KB, 780x749px
>>18386848
>>
One page has the words INTRANT, and a word that translates to escape(from latin), and another page has the word PREDATOR. Also, there appears to be eithe3r two alphabets, or two wrighters. Notice th two pages with the praying mantice and the Predator(in english). Look at the rest f the pages. The alphabet is expanded. strange
>>
>>18387101
>>18387168
>>18387093
It's ȯ, not ó
>>
im sticking around for this. looks like this could be a classic.
>>
>people saying there are no spaces
>there are clearly spaces between words
There's no real punctuation though

For those who think it's cryptographic hiragana:
http://gawron.sdsu.edu/crypto/lectures/hiragana.html

For those who think otherwise:
Post the language you want to test and I'll find something to help. Alternatively, google "[yourlanguagehere] frequency chart".
>>
Where is the 2ch thread, anyway?
>>
>>18386848
Use a mirror to read it
>>
thanks for this thread, reminded me why i wanted to get into creating languages.
>>
>>18386848
Neat OP. So we has to translate to Kanji? I'm not familiar with that
>>
So, what cribs do you guys think whoever does some work should start with?

mantis or praying mantis seems promising.
>>
Alrighty
it's an iteration of romance languages and Latin, but mostly Italian, written in a somewhat vernacular fashion
I've tried to apply a modified Kasiski method to it and so far seems to work, the main problem is that there are a lot of dummy characters and some of the words are scrambled, although not randomly, and some letters changing based on the syntactical context
it's probably more of an advanced form of steganography than a proper cryptographed code

in my opinion it's nothing more than exercise in style, kinda like some student's assignement, so I would not put much hope in some interesting findings from it
>>
>>18389296
>says a lot of things
>posts nothing to back it up
Classic /x/
>>
>>18389308
Yeah. Let me try. I didn't even look at the notebook.

It seems to be a code based on substituting symbols and letters for other symbols and letters. I've applied various methods including "GOOGLE" and "YAHOO! ANSWERS" but as of yet the cryptography is proving elusive.

In my opinion YAHOO! ANSWERS is full of incredible information and is definitely an untapped resource. Trump 2016
>>
>>18389308
look closer at the squiggles, very closer
>>
>>18387748
that is actually pretty good spot, according to this, it looks like encrypted from English
>>
>>18389359
Word length average suggests it isn't English, but it is probably Romaji.
>>
>>18389373
no, it's literally an archaic version of Fugin Dumcunji
>>
>>18389380
Silly
>>
>>18386848
It's in a code that probably only the author knows. So no, I doubt it.
>>
>>18386848
Says "i am an faggot please rape my facemouth"
>>
>>18387049
It's probably not in English if it was posted first on 2ch.
>>
If you notice in the top right corner of circle, from the picture perspective, there are 3 words that are exactly the same in 3 diferent lines, it could mean a starter phrase like "That who does..." or something like that
>>
>>18388800
original thread in 2ch and summary article
http://itest.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/occult/1480599230/
http://alfalfalfa.com/articles/170687.html?client=safari
>>
>>18389474
The alfalfalfa link is just lifted from the 2ch link. They both say pretty much the same thing. No real clues about the book's content, though.
>>
Bumprino
>>
Native nihonjin and frequent オカ板 visitor here.

The voynich documents are a huge deal in 2ch. There's creepypastas and bunch of past threads where people claimed they came from an alternate universe & could understand the writing.

My bet is that this is roleplay gibberish, meant to look similar to the voynich shit.

If this is an actual code, though, it's definitely more complex than just hiragana or romaji directly replaced with different symbols. Not enough letter variations.

Someone in 2ch said that the circles in the first pic could be recorder flute chords?
>>
>>18389328
put some fuckings in there and you're good to go
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.