[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hammer Films

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 37

File: Hammer Films Artwork.jpg (230KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer Films Artwork.jpg
230KB, 800x600px
Does /x/ have love for Hammer Horror films?
>>
>>
is /x/ really just full of normies that no nothing about cool stuff?
>>
File: Hammer Films Vampire Circus.jpg (74KB, 580x417px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer Films Vampire Circus.jpg
74KB, 580x417px
>>
>>
I know some people here love the Hammer Films?
>>
>>
File: Hammer Films The Witches 1966.jpg (31KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer Films The Witches 1966.jpg
31KB, 624x351px
So much good stuff
>>
File: Hammer Films She.jpg (310KB, 1600x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer Films She.jpg
310KB, 1600x1202px
Ursula Andress 10/10
>>
>>18386716
Would love to own any of the props from the devil rides out desu.

I've searched on prop auction sites and all that stuff, but all the hammer stuff left is either trivial shit, or from films I'm not that fond of.
>>
File: Hammer Films The Gorgon Poster.jpg (452KB, 1136x1462px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer Films The Gorgon Poster.jpg
452KB, 1136x1462px
>>18387104
Oh yeah I'm sure private collectors have snatched the cream up a long time ago!

Devil Rides out is one of the Best Hammer films absolutely
>>
>>
File: Hammer Films The Gorgon.png (453KB, 730x441px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer Films The Gorgon.png
453KB, 730x441px
>>
haven't seen many full length but enough reviews and clips to make me like them. have to get around to watching some full

cinemassacredotcom
>>
>>18387241
Yeah I think you will be pleased anon. Very British Very Gothic. National treasures.
>>
>>18387251

the one's james recommends most are christopher lee's films
>>
>>18387258
Yes for sure but the real joy is gigging into the more obscure ones. I love the Dracula cycle but Peter Cushing's Frankenstein ones are great. The Gorgon. The Reptile. The Mummy cycle. There are at least thirty truly great ones...
>>
Dracula does get all the chicks though man...
>>
Not so much scary these days but great atmosphere and stories...
>>
Foolish humans are always raising the Count back up...
>>
hoping I can find some vintage fags eventually
>>
>>
File: Hammer Films Moon Zero Two.png (545KB, 696x392px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer Films Moon Zero Two.png
545KB, 696x392px
Come on I know at least one or two anons has got to be over 20 and has some scope of real cinema?
>>
>>
The Man Who Could Cheat Death...so many cool unique little films...
>>
File: 51MMAHJQS1L.jpg (47KB, 331x475px) Image search: [Google]
51MMAHJQS1L.jpg
47KB, 331x475px
Love Hammer movies, also check out this, its pretty similar although not from Hammer
>>
oh definitely there are a few Vincent Price films that nail the feel of Hammer films Amicus film company did the Hammer style pretty well too...

good pick anon
>>
File: Hammer Films Caroline Munro.jpg (139KB, 990x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer Films Caroline Munro.jpg
139KB, 990x720px
hubba
>>
A great obscure Hammer flick
>>
end of the era...
>>
File: Hammer Films The Mummy.jpg (43KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer Films The Mummy.jpg
43KB, 852x480px
Christopher Lee all covered up...
>>
File: Valerie Leon Pre-Historic.jpg (375KB, 1294x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Valerie Leon Pre-Historic.jpg
375KB, 1294x1600px
my love Valerie Leon
>>
Yummy...

Come on /x/ give me hope in you guys please!!!
>>
Great version of the classic story...
>>
>>
File: Hammer Films Slave Girls Poster.jpg (286KB, 910x656px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer Films Slave Girls Poster.jpg
286KB, 910x656px
So many cool pulpy genres
>>
sigh
>>
>>
X u all suck ass
>>
You have now realized /x/ is full of shitters who scare easily and think movies like The Conjuring are good. I'm sorry, anon.

I love any and all Cushing films and his first Frankenstein role remains my favourite. Quatermass and the Pit is a close second for personal fav Hammer film.
>>
As a young man my family was how you might say less than wealthy. We did have a TV and late at night they replayed all of these at one point or another. I remember being frightened by the monsters and sexually aroused by all of the accompanying Femme Fatales. This was the only time I can remember being afraid....deathly afraid.
>>
>>18388392
Bless you anon..
>>
Recently found a 6-pack of Hammer movies at Menard's for 7 bucks. It included:

Maniac
Die! Die! My Darling
The Snorkel
The Revenge of Frankenstein
Don't Take Sweets from a Stranger
Creatures of the World Forgot

They were all definitely worth watching, except for the last one.
>>
>>18389164
Wow what a great find anon!

I have many but not that six pack!
>>
I will watch anything with Peter Cushing or Vincent Price at least once. I'm glad that the recent interest in 4k and Blu-ray is forcing companies to get modern transfers of films that previously looked really shitty just because the DVD or broadcast was done with some 30+ year old tape.
>>
>>18389506
Yes these deserve Blu Rays
>>
I both have and love Hammer studio's films
>>
>>18390232
Yaaaay
>>
Best Hammer is Satanic Rites of Dracula
>>
File: cashondemand1961.png (263KB, 679x408px) Image search: [Google]
cashondemand1961.png
263KB, 679x408px
cool thread the op.
/tv/ here
fav hammer film would be cash on demand with peter cushing. very different from the usual hammer horror genre film, it being a bank robbery set at christmas.

absolute gem of a film and would recommend.
>>
Bray-bump
Still have fond memories of watching Dracula, recorded from tv the previous evening, as a child
Grew up on these movies; partly responsible for my formative fascination with everything /x/
Cool lobby cards/posters, OP, thanx
>>
>>18391591
>>18392437
thanks guys appreciate the cool posts
>>
are any of these actually scary?
they look kinda cheesy tbqh
>>
>>18393719
They were for the time. They are now comfy nostalgia for lads of a certain generation that watched them growing up like me.

Also look at them not for scary but well told atmospheric stories
>>
>>18387822
Damn that's sexy.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.