[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Solomonic Magick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Four.Emperors.BW.jpg (482KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Four.Emperors.BW.jpg
482KB, 1600x1600px
What does /x/ think of Solomonic Magick?

How about Carroll "Poke" Runyon?
>>
A reasonable school of magic but the curve is way too steep for most people
>>
>>18386166

Thanks for the response.

I ran into Runyon's "The Magick of Solomon" on YouTube a long time ago and got this strong urge to run it again. Something draws me to the man himself (voice, tempo, appearance) and his methods.

Total novice, here. Been considering giving some sort of magick a serious look and possibly committing myself for a while but all I do is become overwhelmed and flounder around for a while before giving up. Every. damn. time.
>>
>>18386192
Ritualistic renaissance magic is way too obscure for the average modern man to utilise. You'd have a lot easier time with practical chaos magic.
>>
>>18386202

I figured as much - it's just fascinating to watch them do their rituals and Runyon, being an anthropology grad, seems to have a great handle/perspective on the history behind it all. I certainly don't have the time, money, creativity/crafting ability to create/buy the tools required or to set up a proper temple/room for the practice.

As for practical chaos magic, I'm going to semi-ignorantly assume you're talking about stuff like sigils which I've experimented with 3 times before.

If any of them worked, then it was only one, and even then I'm not 100% sure (which, as I understand it, is often the case when it comes to the subject), but if it did, then it worked STUNNINGLY well.

I mean, according to the intention I put on paper, it manifested almost word for word.

Maybe I'm an idiot for not googling better or something, but there is a lot of content out there and I've been told that a lot of it is also trash - some of it disseminated on purpose to keep people from getting a handle on the practice of magick.

Are there any books/YT videos/resources you could suggest in regards to chaos magic?

All I've really got that ever possibly worked for me is the old Disinfo Grant Morrison speech, which led me to what could have been my only successful sigil.
>>
>>18386221
I'm not that versed in chaos magic so all I can recommend is the basic kit, Liber Null, Practical Sigil magic by Frater U.D, The Book of Law. I'm more interested in alchemy and taoism but only certain parts of taoism resemble what you're looking for and that needs expertise in Chinese culture so I don't think it's efficient to go for that unless you're Chinese.
>>
>>18386244
> unless you're Chinese.

CLOSE! Polish lineage (ha-ha)

I've actually looked into stuff like Chinese medicine, Tai Chi and Chi Kung before, but I wouldn't use the word 'expertise' in a million years.

I'll definitely look into your suggestions - they're much appreciated.

Thanks!
>>
>>18386202
Where would be good places to start with both?
>>
I've heard people mention the summoning of lesser spirits, how does that work?
>>
>>
>>18386221

Looking to get into magic also. I would like nothing more than to impose my will to my everyday life. Could you explain your story with great detail? If your not roleplaying i would love to hear a story of success to drive my own belief and determination
>>
>>18387073
Solomonic magic is primarily focused around spirits but pretty much every school of occult utilises some sort of summoning. You summon a spirit, that's how it works, like dude what do you expect me to say. If you want a shoehorned comparsion for explanation then imagine the occult world as the internet, your brain as a computer that can access it and the summoning is like typing in the url to access the specific information you want. Of course there's a lot of factors in it but I'm not gonna write a book here for you.
>>
the lesser key and the greater key, but what about the mediocre but still worth mentioning key?
>>
Poke is alright. Solomon is Hebrew magick.
>>
File: 1479787152333.jpg (57KB, 552x529px) Image search: [Google]
1479787152333.jpg
57KB, 552x529px
>>18387181
There really isn't much detail to give.

I watched Grant Morrison's 45 min speech at a Disinfocon or some shit on YT. Somewhere in there, while discussin the fact that the Invisibles is a fucking super sigil, he goes into instructions on how to create and cast a sigil.

Says "Don't just go home and think 'we are the counter-culture. Fucking DO IT! FUCKING GO HOME AND DO THIS! IT WORKS!"

I like him because he's Scottish as fuck and drunk and funny.

> fuck, morrison. alright, you're funny - i'll try this.

Try two with no luck. Years later, return to the concept and am in need of a job. Coming from the restaurant industry, no college, only an interest in computers - want to get into the industry.

> cast a sigil demanding an enjoyable job with repetitive tasks to get me into the tech industry

I'm realistic about it. Not looking for senior dev role. Weeks go buy. I forget the sigil. Everyone basically laughs at me when I do follow up calls after resume submissions. They're basically laughing at me on the phone, and rightly so, honestly.

Packing it in to go slinking back to miserable, shitty old service industry... get a phone call from last company i applied at and got an interview at - thought i bombed the interview.

> When can you start?

>tfw can't remember what i fucking did right this sigil.
>tfw not sure how to approach it next time.
>>
>>18390752
Oh, and a postscript...

7 years on and I'm a sysadmin with a respectable resume that shows me purposefully climbing the ranks to reach the exact place I wanted to be eventually.

>daydream about being a fucking park ranger or some shit some days because being a sysadmin sucks a lot sometimes.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.