[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just found out from my grandmother at thanksgiving that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 134.jpg (87KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
134.jpg
87KB, 640x426px
So I just found out from my grandmother at thanksgiving that my great grandmother was a well known psychic. I did some research and there are several newspaper articles detailing her assisting police in solving missing persons cases and locating lost property. I even read a quote from a state trooper saying he often went to her for help. It seems about as legit as something like this can be.

Is it probable that I also have psychic abilities that were passed down? Is there some way I can tap into them? Or does it not work like that.

I'm a huge newfag to /x/ so forgive me if I'm being stupid
>>
>>18383218
>Or does it not work like that.
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

I would suggest you attempt to replicate her method, if there's any information about it. If there isn't, odds are she was using a pendulum or gazing into water or fire. Experiment a bunch.

Keep us posted.
>>
>>18383402
I could post the article, she used tea leaves and also did palm readings, but she also described just having feelings about things which I've never really experienced so I'm a bit skeptical
>>
>>18383218
you should contact your grandma with a witchboard
>>
bumpin with the article

>It was often said that, on occasion, the [...] State Police consulted Luvia for help when finding missing persons, lost hikers and other mysteries.

>From [...] there was the report of a teenage boy who, in 1956, had fallen while walking in the woods and had fatally shot himself with the loaded rifle he carried. That night, James Wellman’s distraught parents called the police when he failed to return home for supper. The police said they could do nothing until they had the light of day, but then the parents called Luvia who guided them to their son’s remains that very evening.

>Her 1977 obituary noted that she discovered she had paranormal abilities as a teenager.

>Luvia Page was born in [...] in 1902, the fifth generation of her family to live on the family homestead and a seventh-generation [...] Named for her great-grandmother, her psychic abilities began to manifest themselves when she was in high school. After education at local schools and the academy in [...], Luvia married George Lafirira and they settled in [...], later moving to [...] in 1951.
>>
>“Before we were married,” Luvia told an interviewer for [...] Life in 1962, “I asked George how he felt about my gift and he wasn’t against it. ... I’m sure it took getting used-to, but he likes it now, and he enjoys visiting with the people who come to see me. This is such an unusual line that I have tried extra hard to be extremely ethical. George has always given me his support and throughout our married life he has been very understanding.”

>Her daughter-in-law Audry tells how, as a school girl, Luvia would tell her friends when they could expect a letter or a gentleman caller, and she engaged in the popular parlor pastime of reading tea leaves. Gazing at the dregs left in a cup of tea, the fortune-teller would use free association to come to conclusions about posited questions and one’s future. Soon she had a word-of-mouth reputation for psychic ability, and an event in the 1920s sealed her standing as a reliable clairvoyant. Luvia described the event for [...] Life: She was wakened at 4 a.m. by worried parents from [...].

>“It was a little past sugaring season, I remember. George got up and lit the fire and I talked to these people. Their little boy, two or three years old, had wandered off and couldn’t be found. In desperation they had come to me.

>We sat in the kitchen and they told me about the child, about searching for him most of the night. Then I pointed in a westerly direction from my home; I don’t know what direction it was from their home. I said the boy was in that direction and a great deal further away than they thought, or would believe. I said he was sheltered in some way so that he wasn’t cold, but I didn’t know how. I said they would find him by going far enough in that direction, and that he wouldn’t be sick after his ordeal.

>The parents found the boy in the direction I pointed, in an old sugar house about two miles cross lots from their home. And he never even caught a cold.
>>
>Just under a year before her death, Luvia took great pains to describe her process to reporter Mark Gordon:

>“I look at people’s hands, both palms. I didn’t know one thing about palmistry when I started doing it. But later, I studied it a lot. But still, I combine palmistry with clairvoyance. When I look at peoples hands, I get very strong impressions. It’s just something to start me on; it wouldn’t have to be the hands — a voice — in the family I look at tea cups.

>I get tremendously strong impressions very, very quickly — it flashes into your mind.

>Luvia gave me a reading in summer 1971. I crossed the River in [...] and made my way to old farm house visible from Route 2. I gave her $15, and I remember that she held my hands in hers and briefly examined them.

>She began talking almost immediately. I had asked her for some indication of my future. Not long out of college, I had tried a variety of jobs but had yet to find a path that I wanted to follow.

>“Have you ever thought of joining the army?” she asked. Reflexively, I flinched. The Vietnam War had been escalated by Lyndon Johnson and expanded by Richard Nixon, and I thought both policies were wrong-headed and ill-fated. A few months before, the killing of four student protesters at Kent State University had galvanized public opinion with strident voices on both sides. History would not be kind to America’s adventure in Vietnam, but even at that time I had never contemplated enlistment.
>>
>>18383218
psychics aren't real. Mentalists know every trick they are pulling but do it even better. And they say psychics are not real as of yet.
>>
>Luvia continued, “I see you in an army uniform,” here I audibly gasped, “standing in a great hall filled with books.” The last statement made little sense to me, and I hardly heard another word as she continued the telling of my fate while I glumly contemplated my destiny of rice paddies and jungle patrols. I thought of my brother-in-law who was, at that time, a newly commissioned officer serving in the war. Frank was a lot braver than I. And a much better shot.

>Maybe Luvia was wrong, but I, nevertheless, drove home with the miserable certainty that I would soon be conscripted to fight a war about which I had many doubts.

>Luvia was wrong and right at the same time. Some time after that, I was employed as a librarian at [...] University, at that time exclusively a military college, where even the librarians wore uniforms and saluted when their arms were not full of books. My career as a librarian, by the way, was the right path for me.

>When one consults a clairvoyant there is always apprehension about a bad forecast. Luvia told Gordon that she was careful about what she would tell people.

>“I certainly use a lot of discretion in what I tell. Certainly I consider it my right in telling things that would affect some people very adversely, or people that I do not trust. I know when to keep still.”
>>
>>18383570
>here is the article
>gives greentext

lol, you can just stop right there
>>
Hi OP. My girlfriend is psychic, so unless you are born with abilities you can't be psychic.

However, to tap into them, you need to learn about your aura and how to use it.
>>
>>18383218

In my experience, psychic talent does tend to run in families. However, there are no guarentees, and life experiences can help or hinder the manifestation/visibility (so to speak) of said talent. It can also probably just skip generations.

Given psychic phenomena hasn't been proven, we obviously have not a goddamn clue if there's a genetic component, but however it works, it does seem hereditary, somehow. Though I would expect there are people that are just spontaneously talented as well.

Anyway, that's just my perception/experience.
>>
>>18383559

Don't tell people that. They'll assume you mean a Ouija board and will fuck everything up.
>>
>>18383661

> need to learn about your aura and how to use it.

Not true. For a lot of people, certain abilities come naturally, and often without the slightest notion that auras are even a thing.
>>
>>18383788
I guess the way I'm looking at it is I've never had any kind of psychic experience of any kind so I'm guessing I probably didn't inherit anything.

I've started writing down my dreams looking for patterns and stuff but other than that I feel like there's not much I can do.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.