[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Local Fallout Shelter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: dsc_0219.jpg (3MB, 2848x4288px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0219.jpg
3MB, 2848x4288px
hey guys I found out a old high school near me has a fallout shelter inside. After research some people started rumors about a kid who leaves notes inside for others to read but no one has true evidence. If you guys are interested ill show real pictures this is what it kinda looks like....
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 200x174px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 200x174px
mods if this does not belong just remove it...I thought it would fit but know i feel like its stupid..
>>
>>18380422
Nah, man, this shit is swood. Look inside. See spookers.
>>
This is kind of interesting. I would like to see pictures.
>>
>>18380422
show pics, anon. i love spooky shit
>>
>>18380422
do it op
>>
>>18380422
not exactly paranormal..... actually its completely normal....
But id be interested to see whats inside as well.
>>
Probably just a fan of the Fallout videogame that put the sign as a "joke"
>>
>>18380483
fallout shelters are real though. Some people actually built their own little fallout bunker in their backyards.
>>
>>18380422
I'm intrigued. Go on in.
>>
There was a tunnel form my high school to an elementary school down the road. Special needs kids would always try to hind in it.
>>
>>18380483
Nah, before the games were ever a thing, I remember seeing signs in various public buildings. Like down in the basements of small rural courthouses, for example. They just never bothered to take them down. I guess there could still be a few more in remote places.
>>
>>18380695
I believe a lot of schools built during a war time have them.
>>
Why does it seem as though fallout shelters are a mystery to some ITT. I've seen many iny time. A few schools I went to had them.
>>
I've seen a couple buildings with fallout shelter signs on them around me, and I'm p. sure my elementary school was designated as one.

Something else to consider: the tornado sirens in a lot of older urban areas are actually just repurposed air raid sirens. School kids during the 50s and 60s were told to hide under their desks if they heard them, as if that would protect them from a nuclear blast. That's what my parents have told me anyway.
>>
>>18380483
Go outside. Make an effort to learn about the world you live in. Video games are inspired by reality. There are only a handful of people like you whose existences are so devoid of experience and who make such little effort to gain knowledge that they'd think the Fallout series invented the idea of fallout and would think it cool to buy signs from Aliexpress and go around hanging them places.

Lace up your combat boots and go for a walk because god knows you never learned to drive. Visit public buildings in your town. Or just google it, for godssake. I'm sure you'll find a few.
>>
>>18380713
Yes. The ones used in the town I lived in as a kid had an old one. Was real creepy sounding. They used it for juvinile curfiew nine o clock at night and for vol. fire dept as well as severe storms.
>>
Do you retards not know that most large public buildings are fallout shelters? All my schools had that sign.
>>
>>18380720
>combat boots

you mean velcro nikes?
>>
File: 5099.jpg (792KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
5099.jpg
792KB, 1440x2560px
Here is the sign on the side of the school. The school was closed today so I could not get in to access the door. My friend will take some pictures of the real door tomorrow. Sorry about the wait but I got some information about the shelter. There are three entrances one is under ground the others are doors one in the gym and one outside that have stairs that go so far down you cant see the floor. Apparently some doors have been sealed shut but ill try to get in. Any questions or request leave here on the post and ill read em.
>>
>>18383103
My town is quiet so this to me is kinda cool to find
>>
GUYS ITS UNMARKED! On google when looking at fallout shelters nearby 68 locations pop up and the high school i not marked but on the outside there are signs bolted on the brick walls. (Sorry for the extra update but looked important)
>>
they're just lead lined rooms with a heavy door.

nothing special really. ppl usually just smoke weed in them.
>>
This thread made me look up shelters near me. I was actually kind of surprised about the amount of those and I am pretty sure most of them arent listed that way.
One of the local ones was even used to store nuclear weapons.
>>
>>18380695
>>18380707
someone said it. most public buildings were designated as fallout shelters during the cold war. they probably wouldn't have done much in the way of protection because they weren't really designed as such. at least people wouldnt have to die of radiation sickness alone
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efWgqZtIwmo
>>
For a while during the Cold War just about any public building of sufficient size would have one. It's not like they thought them through perfectly in most cases, but unless you get killed in the blast wave or end up down range of a ground burst, being able to spend a couple of days indoors allows radiation levels to drop of dramatically. The biggest problem most of them would have is a lack of food, water, and other supplies.

The idea of "when you see the flash duck and cover" is mostly propaganda. I suppose if you were on the farthest edge of pressure wave it would make a difference by avoiding debris. More important to avoid fallout. Can't really expect to tell your population that there's literally nothing you can do if it hits down the street without consequence I suppose.
>>
File: why-god-why.png (149KB, 400x288px) Image search: [Google]
why-god-why.png
149KB, 400x288px
>>18383683
>mfw I wanna' say something snarky, but Anon's post is depressing in a real, non-faggoty way
>>
bump for more fallout shelters
>>
>>18380713

you should watch the infamous "duck and cover" video.
>>
File: IMG_9614(1).jpg (436KB, 1426x951px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9614(1).jpg
436KB, 1426x951px
Every school I ever went to was marked for these, though I doubt they were any more protective than any other cinder block building. The underside of Louisville is like an ant colony around the schools and universities. UK has one around the dorm bathrooms, so you could drink the toilet water for a few days in a pinch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zaiN_hCvTU
>>
>>18384518
Oh i have they showed us the old clip at my old high school. (it was for a project. I am not super old)
>>
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1iEX75wVP1GVOyFXfPjOqMbrnORM&hl=en_US&ll=33.59391044628746%2C-84.27869799169923&z=10

These is the ones in my state (the one near my house is not marked btw ;) no finding my house bbs)
How many are near you guys?
>>
>>18385810
>obtain complete listing of fallout shelters in anon's area
>cross reference
>find the one that isnt listed onlilne
>find anon.
2ez
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.