[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep paralysis experiences thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 18

File: th.jpg (6KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
6KB, 300x224px
>>
File: 1395194276497.png (56KB, 324x467px) Image search: [Google]
1395194276497.png
56KB, 324x467px
You first
>>
>>18379332

It stopped happening a long time ago, not sure why. When I did get it, I always had the sensation something was trying to pull me out. Out of my body, or just my energy, I'm not sure. After the sleep paralysis was over, I would experience several false awakenings.
>>
>>18379507

Not even roleplaying, although you may be, I know that exact feeling you're talking about except for me it followed a really weird dream. Have you noticed anything different since then?
>>
I hate sleep paralysis so fucking much.

>last night
>upsetting dream
>decide to wake up
>"struggle" to wake up
>in the paralysis dream I am shaking uncontrollably for what seems like forever
>I know I am caught between dream and waking
>finally wake all the way, heart pounding
>>
>>18379332
sleep paralysis, classic. I remember when I first had an episode.
>>
File: Screenshot_59.png (378KB, 566x638px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_59.png
378KB, 566x638px
>8 years old
>elementary school
>stayed up too late so my eyes struggle to open
>second period
>ended up falling almost asleep at my own desk
>cant move
>CANT FUCKING MOVE
>try to speak
>mouth only comes out with groaning as quiet as asmr videos that dont amplify their own videos
>finally with willpower open my eyes
>teacher told me I slept for the rest of the school day
>mfw I got away from school just by being helpless
>>
Anyone experience nested dreams? One night I had about 6 nestings and it really, really fucked my head up.

I mistrusted reality for the whole next day.
>>
I don't like the expression "sleep paralysis"

I was awaken by a nightmare taking place in my own appartment. Me and my gf were in the kitchen, arguing about something, when she yelled "WHAT IS THIS?!?!" with a panicked tone.
I looked at where she was pointing and saw a black sihouette in the corner of the kitchen.
I instantly woke up, and felt like someone was standing in the hallway right in front of the (closed) door. Was about 4am or so.
It was an old appartment and the floors cracked with everystep. I heard constant small cracking on the other side, just like someone was standing right there.
Then I thought "if it's real, I'm gonna need more proof than that"
I immediately heard 3 very clear "knocks" on the door and my heart raced to 200bpm. Then I was paralysed from the terror and couldn't move for like 20mins.
Eventually, I got up and checked out the appartment; all the doors were locked, absolutely no trace of an intruder.

PS: we also had a tiny dog (pug) that would sometimes growl while starring at a corner or wall. The dog has never growled at anyone or anything in its entire life...
>>
File: 129sda8_ssa.jpg (14KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
129sda8_ssa.jpg
14KB, 400x300px
>>18379332
I've experienced sleep paralysis twice. Both times it was scary as fuck.
1st time - hear footsteps (they sound more like the clopping of hooves) coming towards my bedroom door and the thing frantically tries to open the door but it can't so it clip clopps away down the hall. I couldn't move or speak and the whole thing was scary.
2nd time - I was sleeping with my back to the door and again I'm paralysed and something comes in the room and I can't turn around to see what it is and after a few long seconds I can hear it crawl under on the floor and go under my bed.
Sleep paralysis is scary shit especially when you're stuck between dream and reality.
>>
just a minor thing but i heard a rat in the apartment above me and it woke me up in the middle of the night

some weird buzzing noise came from it and i don't know why but i started shaking like i was being electrocuted, i guess because i was still in a dream state
>>
>>18379651

Nope. It just stopped happening. Is it weird that I miss it?
>>
I used to experience it quite a bit when I started to lucid dream, I would constantly false awake to see black figures rushing at me from my bedroom doorway, or wake up to investigate noises and be tackled by a creature with glowing yellow eyes, shit was scary.
>>
I have a weird theory on Sleep Paralysis.

You know how sometimes you hear voices? Well bare with me here. I too experienced that a few times but the latest one made me realized what was actually happening

After hearing voices during a sleep paralysis session I went straight to the bathroom across my apartment to take a piss.
These voices were actually coming from my next door neighbors. They were much more quiet than what I heard but it was the same tone of voice.

Is it possible these voices we hear is because our senses are heightened during a sleep paralysis?
>>
How does one induce sleep paralysis? I've never experienced it before and since I've never managed to get a LD or OBE I thought this might be of some help
>>
so the first time im writing this in english so it might not be the best read but whatevs
>be one night about 6 months ago
>sleeping nice and peacefully like usual
>suddenly wake up to this scream
>im pinned to the bed, every time i try to get up or move any bodypart it feels like its being held back by a super hard rubberband
thisishowidie.jpg
>the next thing that happens is what i can only describe as the devil or a demon like head hovering over my feet
>it has this weird texture like a flickering tv screen
>try to scream for help, but nothing happens
>all of the sudden i jump up from my bed with the speed of a thousand lightning bolds
didnt sleep again that night

anyways
>next day i call my dad asking for advice
>he tells me "man the fuck up, if you experience it again just say suck my cock you faggot monster"
>seems reasonable
>the night after i still have trouble sleeping
>every time i am about to fall asleep i wake up in twitch
>finally falling asleep and after about what seems like a minute im awake again
>same as last time, scream then giant floating devils head
>try to scream again, nothing happens
>accept my fate and tell it to fuck off (couldnt talk, so in my head ofc)
>"gimme a blow or you gots to go"
>wake up immediately

that is to date my last time experiencing sleep paralysis
>>
>>18379826
>nested dreams
>>18379507
>false awakenings

I've had this experience connected with sleep paralysis. it's bad enough on its own, but when you 'wake up' only to discover you have still got sleep paralysis it gets pretty scary. never been as bad as 6 though, maybe three or 4. I thought i was the only one who had gone deeper than the movie Inception, but apparently i'm not alone
>>
>>18379332

I fell asleep in the bath a few days ago.

I heard a slight tapping on the ceramic before it turned into glass. I looked sideways and stared a man right into the eyes. He looked suprised that I was awake. I wanted to get up but I couldn't, because the top of the bath had closed on me. The man looked like a doctor of some kind.

Then I woke up.
>>
I experienced that voices aswell, not while sleep paralysis but in deep meditation. It's not been voices of my neighbours but from friends. Sometimes even voices I can't tell whom from. But it's an interesting idea, next time I concentrate on the voices (stopped the meditation few times because they kinda freaked me out)
>>
>>18379332
most of the time i got myself out of it before it got to spooky, its like using all of your energy at once to just twitch and wake up,
but one time i had a mad SPOOPER of an episode
>go to bed at 3am
>start drifting off
>waitaminute.7z
>i cant move and feel my body get cold
>oh dear im panicking now
>can feel something on my torso
>hear noises
>wake up
>thank heck
>run downstairs to mum asleep on sofa and tell her what happened
>my (best way to describe) perception of reality begins to shake and distort
>i start praying to arch angel michael and as i do everything goes black and i wake up again
>i run downstairs and stay down there till the morning

dont really get it anymore
>>
>>18382461
i find sleeping on my back when im absolutely exhausted beyond belief does it, it only really happens when youre super tired
>>
one time i was paralyzed and saw myself levitating above my body and saw weird old lady in black on the ceiling, lasted for about 5 seconds, strange thing is i wasnt scared at all, but other times when i was just paralyzed i was freaking out
>>
>>18379332
>wake up
>can't move
>>
>>18379826
Yes. I had experienced one a few years ago. It was the freakiest shit I ever experienced because it felt 100% real. Had about six to seven "false awakenings" before I actually woke up. First four or five were me walking around my house getting progressively more spooped out that I kept waking up on the floor next to my bed. The last few I had thought I actually woke up and got progressively farther in my morning routine with the last one culminating in me almost being to the front door of my office before I snapped back into bed. Hands-down scariest shit I ever experienced because each time I swore I was fully awake.
>>
I started experiencing sleep paralysis at about 15 and it always happens when I'm over-sleeping. Now 23, my most recent one was a few weeks back. I felt an overwhelming sense of being pulled into this terrifying dream state which I tried but couldn't fight. In the dream I was watching myself as I slept and my head started to turn until my face was in the pillow. It was like somebody had grabbed my chin and started turning my head. Can't remember the rest of the dream but know there were a couple of false awakenings. When I finally woke, I was told I was making quiet whining noises but I know that was me trying to scream myself awake.
>>
Dick
>>
File: shadow.jpg (64KB, 399x663px) Image search: [Google]
shadow.jpg
64KB, 399x663px
>>18379332
>be ~13
>wake up, stuck lying in bed
>hear heavy guttural breathing
>black shadowy shape at my feet, sitting on the bed
>it's satan
>he turns on the radio
>super loud radio static, loudest thing i've ever heard
>really distorted song comes on
>kind of sounds like https://youtu.be/Z9pGRtP9WsI?t=7 , the same way there's weird seemingly random and patternless beeping sounds
>garbled lyrics (that i can understand perfectly for some reason) come on
>think of the song that goes "I can't see me loving nobody but you"
>except after the "I can't see me", the singer is singing the same note every time
>and the lyrics instead go "I can see nobody with my eyes closed."
>close my eyes
>see a super detailed shadow person with dim glowing red lights where his eyes are
>this person is "Nobody" and I can see him with my eyes closed

The closest I can find to what he looked like is this image, except with short hair and red eyes instead of white

>freak the fuck out and wake up screaming
>>
>>18384602
Luckily for me I got into lucid dreaming pretty heavily a couple years later, and I learned to tell the dream world from reality. I've fallen into SP plenty more times since then but every time I can tell myself it's a dream and ride it out. It's sort of cool.

>whole body has intense feeling of pins and needles
>loud static and distorted noises in ears
>eyes either see surroundings or rainbow texture
>hallucinations everywhere if i can see surroundings but i know they are't real
>feeling of anxiety but suppressible
>like a drug trip that i know i can come down from anytime and is completely normal and nondangerous

No more shadow people for me
>>
>>18384602
Happy together - The turtles
>>
The worst one happened like 2 years ago. I was sleeping and felt and incredibly strong force pressing against my chest and my head was hurting a lot. As I managed to open my eyes, I saw (or more like, felt?) A pressence, a very bad one, standing at the end of my bed, against the wall, looking At me. When I could finally move, I don't know why, but I knew it was angry, like REAL angry. Shit's scary as fuck man
>>
File: 1474359051105.jpg (94KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474359051105.jpg
94KB, 500x500px
>>18379332
>tfw chronic sleep paralysis and total atheist
>tfw awesome to have healthy perspective on sleep paralysis, cuz scary and psychedelic
>>
>like 4 years ago
>at a hotel that used to be a jute mill with my ex
>wake up at like 4am or something, i duno, could tell it was just light out because it was reflecting on the wall
>the wind is blowing hard. like it's Dundee so there's always wind, but this is something else.
>hearing some really sinister whispering thru the wind that i cannot understand
>IT IS NOT HIS VOICE
>also OH SHIT I CAN'T MOVE
>how long did this go on?

idr what happened after that, if i blacked out or woke up or what. it hasn't happened since.
i'm sincerely wondering if that hotel might be haunted tho. like what sort of accidents may have happened there when it was a jute mill?
>>
>>18379332
My problems revolved around a memory of abuse in the hospital. The terror subsided after I hung a clove of garlic above my bed.
>>
I've had it 3 times that I can remember, it fucking sucks so bad, even though I know about it I never just think, 'oh this is just sleep paralysis' when I have an episode. It's so terrifying and in the moment, even when there's nothing that scary going on.

First time:
>Sleeping like normal, don't think I was up too late.
>'Wake up' lying on my back, one hand above my head and my left on my chest with my head stuck facing to the left.
>Realise I can't move and suddenly notice a figure sitting on my chest.
>It was weird, it was kinda like a shadow but not quite, more of a feeling that something was there in my peripheral vision.
>It has sharp nails just about at my throat, I can't physically feel them, but I know they're there.
>Seriously terrified, doing the usual shouting and screaming but only a faint breathe comes out.
>Eventually subsides and I jerk awake sweating and breathing heavily.

Second:
>Wake up in roughly the same position, although i'm not certain it was.
>This one is different.
>I'm surrounded by darkness and I keep kind of noticing faces all around me.
>I can't see them but I have this feeling that something is reaching for me.
>I just have this awful feeling of being trapped and I was screaming for my flatmate to come help, but again just a weak breathe came out.
>Then the most fucked up thing happened, I felt a hand interlock with mine and squeeze really fucking tight.
>It seriously freaked me out and I think that helped me wake up for real.
>I woke up halfway through shouting for my flatmate and actually heard myself screaming.
>After I calmed down I realised that the hand that grabbed me actually hurt, even inside the dream which was fucking scary.

>Cont.
>>
Last time:
>Again I woke up lying on my back, but this time there was no immediate presence or sense of terror.
>Then I feel something enter the room with me.
>Like the other times, I can't remember what 'it' was but I just had this feeling that there was definitely something in the room with me.
>Panic starts to set in as I realise I can't move.
>Get this overwhelming sense of helplessness.
>For some reason I am absolutely certain that the thing in the room is going to shoot me.
>Don't know why, but it was specifically going to shoot me.
>Start to scream out in terror, but the usual whisper comes out.
>The feeling keeps growing and growing.
>It starts to become unbearable.
>I still can't see anything but it just feels like any second I'm going to die.
>Suddenly wake up screaming.
>Don't even care how embarrassing it is, I let out three more screams at the top of my lungs.
>Worst part is, this one happened in my parents house and my dad heard me.
>>
I don't know if it counts as sleep paralysis but I'll give it a go anyways.

It happened today/tonight by the way and has happened maybe 3 times in total.

>go to sleep, really tired
>fall asleep, dream etc.
>wake up (in nightmare)
>I sleep with an open door so I can look straight into the kitchen and see the clock
>clock is 4 in the middle of the night
>wtf I shouldn't be awake right now considering how tired I was before going to bed
>try to go back to sleep like normal and close my eyes
>hear that my closet door opens slowly
>open my tired eyes slightly to see if there's something there
>nothing, heart stars pounding a little bit since I don't know what or how it opened itself
>close eyes again to sleep
>hear light breathing
>get scared shitless and try to jump out of bed and run to my mom's room
>can't get up from bed, feels like someone is pushing me or holding me down
>try to scream, nothing comes out or when it actually does it's extremely low
>can turn my head up a little bit to look over my body and towards the kitchen/door
>see a shadow slowly approaching my door from the right
>wake up (actually awake)
>heart is pumping like crazy
>almost feel sweaty
>look towards the kitchen
>clock is exactly the same as in the dream
>look around my room
>closet door is open
>push myself more towards the wall and watch the room until clock goes past 7 in the morning and light comes through the windows

That's just one nightmare, it was scary but I've had scarier dreams than that to be honest, altough those I've been able to distinguish between dream and reality. When you dream about something happening in your very own room at a specific time and wake up to that time it's fucking scary.
>>
File: 1316432967426.png (51KB, 324x246px) Image search: [Google]
1316432967426.png
51KB, 324x246px
>>18382499
>"gimme a blow or you gots to go"
What would of you done if it had blown you?
>>
I have only experienced sleep paralysis once or twice, never saw any shadowy figures. Sure it is a bit scary when you can't move but you break out of it within a minute or two. Sucks to be you guys.
>>
>>18387585
More stories??
>>
>last night
>i smoke ciggarete, and go to sleep
>wake up
>feel strange
>i can't move
>okey, but i can see. i see my door and desk
>i can't breath
>im in panic, can i die now?
>i feel some fingers on my face
>geez, i hear sound like walking inside my room
>try to sleep
>no way, i cant breathe
>i close my eyes again, and it was morning.
>>
>>18379332
I had sleep paralysis with such frequency that it contributed to me getting fired from by job and I got a doctor to prescribe medication for it

Ask me anything
>>
>>18387920
used to have sp a lot when on h/opiates
always woke up half out of it, strong sense of dread and presence in room w me
unable to move/speak or tear myself from it
just had to wait it out
never saw anything other than sometime a shadow in corner of room and or closet
got really spooked when i found out that occultists often use high amts of opiates to induce spiritual experiences
when i did opiates/h id take ALOT, even more than most/all other harrd core users that i knew at the time
on methadone now and rarely have the experience anymore although i often have very vivid/lucid dreams
>>
>>18379332
I'm so jelly, I really wanna experience this too but I'm not able to do it. I tried several times and I've read a lot about it but it's not working. Any tips?
>>
>>18388103
it's not something you can force. It happens if it happens
>>
>Open eyes
>Can't move
>Remembering sleep paralysis threads on 4chan
>Realise it's nothing to be worried about
>Cool
>Fall back to sleep

Happened a lot of times after that, had a terrible sleep cycle as a teen
>>
>>18379332
i have one
>fall asleep
>hear a VERY loud buzzing sound, almost like a metallic grinding sound
>it keeps getting louder and louder until im sucked into this portal kind of thing
>im pretty much falling through space
>i can see stuff in my room like my weights, tv ect. but can also see stars and shit
>then this alien voice starts yelling at me saying "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TIME"
>needless to say, i was scared as shit. couldnt wake up, all i could do is ride the bitch out
>wake up, run to the light switch, and turn that bitch on.
i have one more. ill post in a little.
>>
>>18379332
it used to happen, but, i accepted jesus as my lord and savior and it doesn't happen to me anymore.
>>
>>18388803
good for you anon.
>>
>>18388798
>just hanging out with terry
>shooting the shit about meatbags
>terry doesn't think they are fully conscious like us
>he thinks they're just automatons
>he thinks the lord of worlds actually put them there to test our faith in his cosmic powers
>but they can't actually understand reality they just sort of operate on it like a machine-servant does
>i'm mostly just chugging my beer and staying chill even though i disagree
>he's really sardonic all the time, you'd have to know him... so i'm just riding this out
>but i'm kinda drunk and accidentally let slip a "i guess we can't really be sure" platitude, really dumb thing to say but worse because its terry
>should have known it would trigger the fuck out of my buddy
>he flies into an excited semi-rage and reaches into the moral plane
>"well let's fucking see then shall we!?"
>grabs one, begins channeling
>it comes awake, for the first time in its existence, in all seven dimensions
>we're behind, it doesn't even know where to look
>he screams a bunch of random shit, all i remember is "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TIME" and starting to chuckle
>it just makes him angrier and he rambles on at this little guy for a while until it can't handle the strain anymore
>terry's too shitfaced to keep his channeling going at the same time he's spewing all this theoretical physics
>little guy just slips back, terry knocked his beer over with an involuntary reflex
>>
>>18379332
>repeatedly try to induce it
>nothing ever happens
sucks
>>
>>18388837
its not fun, nor is it even that spooks, its just annoying. you are not even properly conscious of what is going on because you're in a dream state, its not like you just feel field tied up and you're fully aware of whats going on. most of the time im just pissed of that i cant wake up and i start imagining things are holding me down.

anyway, i had sleep paralysis like 4 days ago and thought someone was sitting my bed, holding me down, and going to kill me, eventually i feel back asleep and in my dream someone told me the devil was trying to stab me lol.
>>
>>18382170
No I actually miss it to. Its like a Stockholmy kind of feel
>>
can't get it guys, I used to have sleep paralysis at least once a week, and even if it was terrifying I was very fascinated by it, now it's been almost an year since the last time, which I have a clear memory of

>fall asleep very tired
>strange dream about me and my friend walking smoking a cigarette
>throw it
>suddenly everything becomes dark except for the cigarette on the ground
>deafening voices starts to scream something like "this will kill you"
>"wake up"
>voices keeps screaming
>I can only move my left hand
>try to prove I was really awake doing rhythmical movements with fingers
>can't really understand if I was still dreaming
>suddenly voices fade out slowly
>no sense of waking from a dream
>I returned quickly to sleep trying to continue it
>just wake up the next morning with the worst earache of my life

anyone may knows why I can't have it anymore or just tell me if there are any "tricks" to?

still smoking tho
>>
>>18379332

this was a few years ago

>wake up in the middle of the night
>cant move at all or say anything
>see shadow figure in my door way
>try to sit up but cant
>try to scream but cant
>figure walks towards me
>fall back asleep

Ive also had it were I wake up, but I dont see anyone, but I heard what sounded like two guys breaking into my house at night.

Is this really you waking up and hallucinating or just a really vivid dream?
>>
File: cloud.png (1MB, 1988x1290px) Image search: [Google]
cloud.png
1MB, 1988x1290px
i have had it once but i don't really know how to do that green text shit so bear with me

i woke up laying on my side

on top of my dresser there is this rake-ish like thing but it is green

i stare at it for it seems like forever and it stares back

i was 7 at the time so i had an instinct
(keep in mind im a heavy sleepwalker so this makes this shit more scary)

i make a bolt for it to my moms room just down the hall and there is this black shadow chasing after me

i slam into my moms door at full speed and i wake up

it was spooky but i fell asleep on the couch that night.
>>
>>18383907
What's the difference between sleep paralysis and false awakening?
>>
File: 1478910298798.jpg (182KB, 918x1217px) Image search: [Google]
1478910298798.jpg
182KB, 918x1217px
I had a spiritual experience.

> Smoke some weed before bed
> Get into bed, close my eyes, iPod is on
> Mass Effect 2 Afterlife Lower
> Tron Legacy soundtrack
> Oh yeeeeeeeah

Anyway,

> Open my eyes, I'm fully conscious
> Cannot move
> Look to the left
> See Jesus & Tree Ents in my curtains
> There's a 'Grey' alien on my chair.
> It stands up on the seat and looms over me
> Returns to its slav-squat position
> Scream internally, close my eyes again
> Wait for what seems forever
> Open my eyes again
> Its all over.
Don't do drugs, kids.
>>
I used to have sleep paralysis where I was afraid, I felt like I was dying, I was afraid my heart was stopped and I couldn't breath and couldn't move.

Then I stopped being afraid and now when I get sleep paralysis the sensation is enjoyable, like a rush and a buzzing sound. How can I get more episodes of sleep paralysis and how can I prolong them. Anyone have tips on astral projection?
>>
>>18383907
Damn, I didn't know there was a term for this. Sometimes it happens once or twice, but once when I was a kid it happened about 10 times. I'd get up, go walk to the washroom, and BOOM back in bed again. Kind of crazy how your brain can perfectly simulate the exact setting you're in without even being awake, makes you wonder if you can ever trust anything in your setting.
>>
>>18390119
no it doesn't
>>
>>18390122
>no it doesn't
What?
>>
>>18390132
I don't wonder that
>>
>>18390135
Well if you realize that your brain can construct a reality indistinguishable from the real one and still blindly assume that everything is really as it appears, then I think you're kind of stupid. Not saying everything is a lie or you need to go on some quest for truth, but you shouldn't assume that everything is necessarily as it seems.
>>
>>18390141
Good advice maybe I live in a simulation and I shouldn't take a pilgrimage I'll try to remember that
>>
>be fixin my sleeping pattern
>go to bed at 11pm like a good boy
>chillaxin all cool in my dream looking for a dvd
>get ripped out of my dream into sleep paralysis
>voices says "Let me show you [I cant remember this part, I already decided I wasn't having this shit by this point.]"
>Mad Creepypastavibes
>use all my might to say "Fuck You"
>wake's up saying fuck you out loud
>feel's pretty proud of self
I'm quite the champ at sleep paralysis at this point so I know how to deal with this shit. haha
>>
>>18379332
Most if not all of my Sleep Paralysis Experiences happen the same way, I wake up and can't see or breath but are conscious enough to understand what's going on, Fastest way for me to jolt myself awake is to attempt to wiggle my toes or jolt around my feet.

Never experienced any presence or anything of the sort, Just can't move.
>>
>>18390180
The "Kill Bill strategy" is the best way to break sleep paralysis. Personally I do it with my eyelids, but focusing on moving one part of your body is the most effective way to snap yourself out.
>>
>>18388070
How long? Worst hallucinations? What effect did the drugs have?
>>
>>18390189
>How long?
I've been having sleep paralysis since I was a little kid, on average once a week. The worst stretches were multiple times a night for a week straight, they seemed to correlate with how stressed I was.

I think the absolutely worst week was me getting 2-3 hours of sleep per night. Ended up conking out with a bottle of vodka right after a workday just to get the needed rest.

>Worst hallucinations?
I rarely got any interesting visuals, most of the time it was foggy blue lights flickering in the room or ayy-looking things wearing hooded robes. Most of my hallucinations were auditory, and the worst ones were like choir-like chanting that sounded like demented babbling and someone screaming like they were dying/really wanted me to die that seemed to come from right under my head.

>What effect did the drugs have?
I got prescribed prazosin and quetiapine and it's limited sleep paralysis to about once every two months. I was really surprised that there actually was something that would work, since I've read that there's no proper medication for sleep paralysis.
>This medication has shown to be effective in treating severe nightmares in children and people with PTSD symptoms.[7]
>>
>>18382499
>10/10 read
>"suck my cock you faggot monster"
>kek'd
>>
>>18389924
>don't do drugs kids
K, dad
>>
>>18390463
X
>>
>>18379826
>>18382533
>>18383907
Ooh boy
I had this happen to me 7 times in a row a day after watching inception and i was not sane the entire day

>came home from college in 11am
>slept only 2h so was tired as hell
>just dropped in my bed with my hand extending infront of me and me facing the opposing wall
>slowly start falling in and out of sleep
>fall asleep and dream some short dream
>open eyes after a few min
>same position, same scene infront of me
>close my eyes and instantly enter new dream
>i woke up and entered a new dream 4 more times
>5th dream is where it gets intense
>im on a boat and we're about to dock
>while leaving boat i knock some guys towell in the water
>tell him ill go get it
>jump in water and swim to the bottom
>get the towel and notice i cant swim back up
>im paralyzed, trying to move
>panic and wake up
>same position, same scene
>tell myself "thats enough for today" and get out of bed
>go to the kitchen
>sister is drawing something on the kitchen table
>come up to her and grab her shoulder
>its a fucking downie wearing my sisters clothes
>jump out of my skin
>there's 5 more of them in the living room and my mom is buying something from them
>want to yell "are you retarded?" But since its downies i think to myself that would be offensive so i change it to "are you stupid?"
>mom says whats the problem and starts leading them to me
>start running to my room
>they corner me
>cant move, paralysed
>realise its a dream
>wake up, same position, same scene
>jesus fuck
>i jump out of bed and think to myself "that was freaky"
>intrigued by my experience i decide to go and share it with my mother and sister
>enter the living room and tell them what happened to me
>start explaining while i make gestures with my hands
>hands freeze in place
>looking at hands
>paralyzed again
>realise im dreaming
>wake up, same position, same scene

I sat on my bed and stared at the wall for 30 min. Then went to living room and sat in the dark for 2hrs
>>
For me it was a house we got in 2009, that's where I started getting sleep paralysis, the house had no sunlight or air ventilation and I also had bad luck in it, but since I moved out of it in 2016 I have no gotten any sleep paralysis since then, I wonder if there was a negative entity in that house.
>>
File: IMG_0092.jpg (65KB, 787x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0092.jpg
65KB, 787x640px
I've been experiencing sleep paralysis in average like two times per week for almost all my life. I don't know why it never goes away, lots of people experience sleep paralysis like for a year and then it stops, mine has been going on forever.

It's kinda neat, but the static noise that seems to appear sometimes is fucking annoying.
>>
File: dagashi_wip_by_viperxtr-d9bwb6c.jpg (121KB, 1024x634px) Image search: [Google]
dagashi_wip_by_viperxtr-d9bwb6c.jpg
121KB, 1024x634px
>Just some random night
>Staring at the corner of my wall when I notice a hand wrap around it
>fucks that?
>A head pops around the corner and I instantly see and hear static
>The more I look at the creature the more static so I hide under my covers and hope it goes away and eventually it does

Two days later
>I see the hand but this time I run and turn on my lamp cause fuck static
>Feel accomplished but then another hand wraps around the wall corner
>Was not prepared for two
>lamp turns off and i have a static seizure

Hasn't happened again lately but I do see fingers on the wall
>>
>>18379332
> wake up in the middle of the night
> notice a pale white face with sunken in eyeballs with black bags under its eyes
> peering ita head over the foot of my bed
> try to scream, but im unable to
> fogire starts to slowley crawl up my bed
> start gasping and hyperventilating
> paralyzed for at least a minute

This same thing happens almost twice every week wd
>>
File: 1454046912793.jpg (462KB, 1673x2193px) Image search: [Google]
1454046912793.jpg
462KB, 1673x2193px
>>18379332
It's only happened to me three times and it's never like you guys describe it.

•First experience
>be me
>5 years old having a hard time falling asleep because too spooked of the dark
>Go to parent's room and sleep on their bed
>Still kinda spooked but falling asleep
>Try to move but realize I can't
>FUCK.jpg
>Start getting exteme paranoia and start hearing loud cackling laughter (Dream and reality merging)
>I try my best to move into I finally break out of my paralysis and everything immediately turns silent
>Stay up rest of night

•Second experience
>be me but now in highschool
>Trying to fall asleep
>At the point of passing out but still awake
>Try to rotate to my side but can't
>FUCK.png
>Familiar extreme paranoia comes back but now with rumbling and loud high pitch sound getting higher and higher
>start freaking out and try to move
>Finally break out and open my eyes
>Sleep with lights on

•Third experience
>be me
>Last sleep paralysis happened about two weeks ago
>Trying to fall asleep
>Can't move
>OkReally.gif
>Paranoia and high pitch come back
>Looked into sleep paralysis the week prior because of last event and don't want to open eyes and accidentally see shadow people
>Break out of paralysis fast and turn to my side and sleep
Don't know if you guys are just role playing when you say you fly out of your body or whatever but that's literally never happened to me. It's scary but not paranormal.
>>
File: IMG_0059.jpg (54KB, 500x247px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0059.jpg
54KB, 500x247px
>>18394588
>Don't know if you guys are just role playing when you say you fly out of your body or whatever

It happens, it happened to me once, I just felt like my "soul" started to lift out of my body, when I felt like I was standing in my bed (or more like my soul was standing in the bed) I looked down and there it was, my body, then I got dizzy and I fell backwards (my back first), and my soul was again one with my body.

Very spoooky, I still think it was just a very weird sleep paralysis experience, though. Nothing more.
>>
>last night
>elementary school
>suddenly wake up to this scream
>i cant move and feel my body get cold
>it's satan
>like a drug trip that i know i can come down from anytime and is completely normal and nondangerous
>also OH SHIT I CAN'T MOVE
>Wake up in roughly the same position, although i'm not certain it was.
>The feeling keeps growing and growing.
>nothing, heart stars pounding a little bit since I don't know what or how it opened itself
>try to sleep
>Fall back to sleep
>needless to say, i was scared as shit. couldnt wake up, all i could do is ride the bitch out
>but i'm kinda drunk and accidentally let slip a "i guess we can't really be sure" platitude, really dumb thing to say but worse because its terry
>try to prove I was really awake doing rhythmical movements with fingers
>fall back asleep
> Look to the left
>feel's pretty proud of self
>5th dream is where it gets intense
>lamp turns off and i have a static seizure
> paralyzed for at least a minute
>I try my best to move into I finally break out of my paralysis and everything immediately turns silent
>>
>>18394839
Out of body experience might be explained as your brain misinterpreting stimuli from vision and sense of your location within a location. Look up sam harris on out of body experience during surgeries and such.
>>
>>18379332
I don't get it often. When I do it's when trying a certain method of inducing lucid dreams. I forget the name of it but it's mentioned on the board every once in a while.

The idea is that you remain completely still and unmoving, supposedly to trick the body into thinking it's asleep, and trigger a dream while you're still awake.

It does trick the body, the pons believes that you're asleep and shuts off movement in the body so that you don't act out something in a dream by accident, but you're still completely awake.

It's pretty shitty, though after a while if you keep going you can hallucinate. I guess that's the dreaming people are looking for? It's not pleasant.
>>
File: Sleep-Paralysis-2.jpg (10KB, 422x239px) Image search: [Google]
Sleep-Paralysis-2.jpg
10KB, 422x239px
This is still to date what keeps me from being a non beliver.

>child me, not sure how old, maybe 7 or 8
>wake up, not able to move, scared to death
>had sleep paralysis before, nothing new there
>see shadowy figure enter room (door was open, never slept with doors open ever since)
>stand before my bed
>then, proceed to "lay over me"
>oshit.jpg
>try to scream to call out parents, can't do it
>eventually, manage to scream, mother comes in and hushes me.
>next day, walk into parents having breakfest
>mother says to my father "i saw a girl walk into his room just before he screamed.."
she used to be more spiritually atunned when she was younger, nowadays she says she can't see or feel anything anymore, and so can't i.
Still can't explain it to this day.
>>
Alright /X/, I've never posted here, but I think I should share my stories, i've only had an experience twice.
>Two nights ago I had my first sleep paralysis experience
>Open my eyes, and lay in the comfort of the bed a moment
>Suddenly hear rapid movement above me
>Live in one story house, so it has to be on the ceiling
>I try to spring up to fight suspected intruder
>Realise I can't move
>Feel breathing down my neck
>Petrified and helpless
>Whispers something to me in deep voice
>Sounds Latin
>"comes Viatari patuit"
>Or something like that
Anybody interested?, should I cont?
>>
>>18397971
Please continue
>>
>>18397971
Cont
>Lay there for around ten minutes, feel heavy breathing
>Fall back asleep
>I wake up again, kind of freaked out but try to get over it
>Realise I can't move yet again
>Two times a night?
>Feel heavier breathing
>Can litterally feel the warm breath blow over my neck
>It Whispers again, but from everywhere
>Whispers just sound
>Sound slowly blends into nothing as I fall back asleep
>Actually wake up and make coffee
>Have been trying to translate what it said but can't find language/meaning
Any bros want to lend a hand? I have some more stories of reoccurring nightmares if interested.
>>
File: file.png (188KB, 964x682px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
188KB, 964x682px
>>18379332
obligatory
>>
>>18388103
Try sleeping facing the ceiling and try to oversleep a few hours. It works for me for some reason
>>
>>18379332
I used to have pretty severe sleep paralysis, night terrors and terrible hallucinations, but after I moved in with my boyfriend, they tend to be minor annoyances. It's hard to be frightened of looming shadow figures when your partner is off to the side quietly swearing at Pharah players in Overwatch.
>>
>>18399428
idk if it translated the patuit part but when i looked it up it said traveler, ill look some more and see what patuit means.
>>
>>18399428
here again, apparently both words mean traveler.
>>
i had them when i was younger. the most usual one was an eye appearing in the ceiling and staring down at me, and it always lasted for so fucking long.

also a few times i got one where a guy stood outside my window, and i could here him mumbling about a monster on jupiter
>>
>>18381976
I think the panic is caused due to the fact that despite being semi-awake your respiration muscles are still working like if you were sleeping, No voluntary control. Probably this is what gives the feeling of fear and despair summed with the hallucinations.
>>
File: 671.gif (515KB, 400x406px) Image search: [Google]
671.gif
515KB, 400x406px
>>18387865
Maybe it did.
>>
>>18397938
Mine is the opposite since the creature I saw was a silly monster that you would expect to come from a child mind. It was a cloth turtle on wheels the size of a small chihuahua.
>>
>>18400082
Thank you, what language?
>>
>>18397971
viatari patuit roughly translates to traveler
>>
File: 2345678908765.jpg (37KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
2345678908765.jpg
37KB, 500x281px
It happened a bunch of times, I use to try to lucid dream. I didn't do anything fancy, I just trained myself to realize when I'm dreaming and become aware of it. After a few times you get used to it, it's very scary though. Pretty much 90% of the time I would immediately fall out of the lucidity and fall into sleep paralysis.

I would feel like I woke up in my room but I just couldn't move at all but could see in my normal vision. It lasts for 10-12 seconds, and usually I would see some scary shit. Monsters of sorts. Old lady witches, weird grotesque monsters.. Sometimes they would be in my vision, and other times I could just hear it making noise through it's mouth or some shit. When it happens once it will happen again, if i try to go back to sleep I will DEFINITELY just end up in paralysis again. It would happen like 3 or 4 times before I made myself get up. Hasn't happened in a few months now and I don't lucid dream at all. I do not think that shit is just my REM state or whatever scientific explanation is out there which isn't really one at all. That shit is bad and demonic.
>>
>>18382379
Whenever it happens to me, if I think of someone talking, this voice will raise until it is a fully fledged scream, no matter if everything around me is silent.Fucking scary shit, miss it though.
>>
Only time it happened to me wasn't remotely frightening-
I was in AIT at Fort Gordon, just got done with my swing-shift classes and midnight-breakfast.
Of course having had the orange juice, with its known reputation for giving you vivid dreams.

It felt like I was sleeping, couldn't move, but I could see and hear things around me yet.

There was a short girl with black hair standing by my bed talking to me (can't remember what she said), and none of my roommates seemed to notice she was there.

Definitely wasn't an NCO (not in uniform), and our barracks weren't co-ed, so there was no way this was just some rando that walked into our room.

Should probably mention that I recognized her from a lot of dreams I've had in the past as well.
I'll probably start a thread on that when I'm in the mood to lurk on this board.
>>
>>18379955

That's the leasy scary sleep paralysis situation I've ever heard of

I mean I'd shit myself, don't get me wrong, it's plenty spook. You just got off so easy when others have horrifying nightmare visions of shit that you'd never think could feel so real
>>
For grade school through high school O used to have ocasional TERRIFYING fucking vivid and complex hallucinations with sleep paralysis. Shit that seems hammy as fuck when you're awake but feels like you're going to die when you watch it happen.

Now I just get paralysed and it's annoying and stressful without any of the "fun" (by which I mean absolute abject terror).

I don't understand what makes me or anyone else miss it, it's horrible.
>>
>>18384523
but who was tell
>>
Can someone explain this to me?

Sometimes when i wake up and the morning and fall back asleep a few times ill start dreaming that im waking up and everything looks real like an OBE, except when i realize it is one i get nervous of seeing something scary and i start moving around and ending up in sleep paralysis.

Its wierd as fuck
>>
>>18379332
i'll see shadows on the wall of what i'd describe as imps, i guess. the fan in my room will sounds like it's sped up to 100,000 RPM. biggest one though is something at the foot of my bed. just a large dark shadow man peering in from the doorway at me. i feel like my feet are being tickled and i can't breathe. i'll hear the imps laughing. it's fucked. i wake up terrified every time even though it happens to me extremely often.
>>
>>18388103
I get SP a lot, usually happens when
>am super fatigued (dont sleep for 24 or more hours)
>high on narcotics
>lay on back in the quiet looking up at ceiling
Anon not gonna lie the first time it's scary as fuck, my first time i wanted nothing more than to just die because of how frightened I was. Just be careful and know what you're doing.
>>
>>18402181
First time
>be me
>super high previously from snorting a fat ass line which consisted of ambien, vic, and klonz.
>also rolling pretty nicely on some lortab and vals
>basically just beyond fucked up
>got super tired because it had been such a long day that i was jusy ready to pass out
>went into room and as i was laying down I could feel a strong presence in the room
>didnt think much if it since i was just so high
>ended up somehow spread on my bed on my back with my whole body wrapped in the blankets like a fucking blunt
>woke up because I had a nightmare that I was drowning
>barely could open eyes and faintly make out the time
>3:54 am
>went to turn over like i usually do
>realized i couldn't move
>holy shit.png
>somehow remembered the eerie presence from earlier
Now this is weirdest part because almost every time ive taken ambien i can never remember the night before or anything related to it
>(insert panic meme here)
>eyelids flew open
>fight or flight mode begins.mp4
>cant see anything because i forgot to keep my light on like the idiot i am
>is afraid of the dark.bat
>like the pussy i am i started sweating and i could feel my heart pounding like crazy
>tried focusing all my power on my right hand
>tried to rock back and forth to wake my body up
>trying to scream for help but.cant
>swear to god everytime i tried to roll my body I felt pressure on the side i would try from
>decided that it was no use
>closed eyes and prayed to fall back asleep
>lucky 5 me
>was still semi high
>fell right back asleep with no sp this time

Fucking freaky shit i have more stories
>>
I used to hate sleep paralysis

I got it at the age of 15 for the first time, but some how I was more level headed than humans for the last century because I didn't think it was demonic possession or alien abduction

I don't know exactly I logiced it out, but I was just annoyed I wasn't able to move and was wondering what was going on.

it started to scare me a year later because it started happening a lot more frequently and I wasn't sure what was starting it

anyways

best sleep parlysis experience was recently
>be me in bed
>have red light laminating the room
>wake up into sleep paralysis state
>two black female figures at the foot of the bed (no hair from what I can tell)
>they start dancing but it is completely scary looking
>some reason I try to grab their bodies but cant move
>telepathically feel like I'm telling them I want them
>they throw a white sheet over themselves and float to the ceiling and fly around the room looking like Chinese lanterns

awesome experience
>>
>>18402219
Second time
>be me in psych hospital
>third day there
>doc puts me on new meds
>(periactin and remeron).jpg
>because it was a psych hospital they want you to get started on the most shit quality meds as possible
>first night of taking meds
>extremely tired, pass out
>most intense dreams I've had in a while, very lucid and feels fucking real
>around 4 ish a group began
>woke up to the sound of loud conversation
>barely could open my eyes
>cant make out what they're saying
>try to move (i was laying on my right arm so it became numb)
>couldnt move
>felt like my brain wasnt sending any signals to my limbs to move
>literally felt like i became a vegetable
>mybiggestfearofalltime.wav
>lay there unable to fully think and fully examine what was going on
>literally bloodcurdling screams within me
>feel myself start shaking
>panic attack.mode
>felt like hours before my arm woke up
>as soon as i could walk i shuffled quickly to the nurse corner
>full blown panic attack, couldn't barely speak, couldnt stop shaking
>>
>>18379738
This happened to me. Went to the doctor because I thought I had a seizure in my sleep, weirdest experience.
>>
Nothing special at all but defiantly had one the other night, for the first time in a long time

> Kinda a weird night trying to get to sleep
> lie in bed for what seems like 5 hours trying to sleep
> Remember looking out my window and it looking like it was daytime outside
> It's really only been 20 minutes
> Wake up on my side and remember thinking about a story I heard hear
> This sense of pure evil and disgust boils inside me, like nothing I've ever felt very hard to describe, sorta similar to when your gut drops but like with the feelings I previously stated
> Wake up again chest down and looking at my wall
> the palm of my right hand is facing the ceiling
> try flipping over
> realise I can't move
> after 3 tries off trying to move my hand I realize it's sleep paralysis
> Loud fuzzy noise slowly gets louder from behind me
> feels like something is slowly stroking my back
> Scrunch my face up
> Wake up
> Go to bathroom and splash water on my face

End
>>
File: IMG_3356.jpg (77KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3356.jpg
77KB, 413x395px
>>18382026
You was having a seizure nigga
>>
>>18382373
Why didn't you juke? Spirits can't athlete man.
>>
>>18379332 (OP)
never got an hallucination but i usually get sleep paralysis once or twice every night when trying to sleep.
What scares me is the idea of getting an hallucination so that makes me panic.
tried recently to just ignore it and relax,
so i got this intense out of body dream.
unfourtunatly i woke upp just after i leaved my bed in the dream (wich took a lon time).
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.